PDA

View Full Version : Osborne won't miss OU, apparently

Spartan(Sooner at Heart)
7/1/2011, 01:25 PM
"There will be some mixed emotions; we have a long history with schools like Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State," said Osborne, who coached 25 games against each of those teams. "It's sad to be leaving them, but on the other hand our fans, coaches and athletes are all looking forward to being in the Big Ten. This is not to disparage anyone in the Big 12 -- we had a great amount of respect for all of those schools -- but in terms of how we view academics and athletics, we're probably a little more like-minded across the board with those in the Big Ten than the Big 12."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/index.html#ixzz1QsaHxRav

picasso
7/1/2011, 01:26 PM
His view on walk-on programs was quite different too.

SoonerNomad
7/1/2011, 01:29 PM
I read that yesterday too and initially thought the same thing. Maybe the transition in 1996 had lessened the rivalry in his mind. Didn't in mine.

SoonerPride
7/1/2011, 01:31 PM
Lawrence Phillips' girlfriend doesn't miss Tom Osborne, apparently.

Soonerwake
7/1/2011, 01:34 PM
What an arrogant ***.

badger
7/1/2011, 01:42 PM
Photo from that link:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/bo-pelini-calsport.jpg

Also: LOSER TALK ALERT!

In sports like baseball, golf and track, you were competing against warm-weather schools where they could practice year-round and recruiting was a little easier. We're on a more level playing field now.

Well wahh wahhh wahh, crybaby. You telling me having the site of the College World Series in-state didn't help just a little in baseball recruiting?

Any lurking bugeaters --- did Dr. Oz whine this much after your state didn't elect him?

The Maestro
7/1/2011, 01:44 PM
I'm sure he will miss teams he dominated.

jumperstop
7/1/2011, 01:48 PM
I'd hold a grudge too if I did nothing but get my *** handed to me by OU and saxet for the last ten years.

OrlandoSooner
7/1/2011, 01:51 PM
He appears to still be bent out of shape about the conference realignment. I think that Nebraska made an emotional decision to leave the conference. Reading comments like this from Tom just reinforces my opinion and reminds me of scorned girlfriends. Not mentioning OU which was one of the rivals of NU for decades reeks of raw emotions.

I hope that the grass is greener on the other side for them.

badger
7/1/2011, 01:52 PM
I'm sure he will miss teams he dominated.

Iowa State will miss him too:

VyzCw6y1yYU

Is there any greater gift you can give in football than a turnover? Especially eight of them? In the same game? On your home turf? :D

Flagstaffsooner
7/1/2011, 02:07 PM
Dr Tom has always been a cheater and a whiner. He will fit well in the big 10+2.

Sooner_Tuf
7/1/2011, 03:09 PM
It's funny that their little temper tantrum will net them less money, higher travel expenses, fewer televised games, and they gave up the rights to their non-conference games as well.

Lincoln and Omaha not having the Big 10 Network is just the cherry on top of all the fail Nebraska will be experiencing.

It must be tough scouting out new places to stay. I would think one call would get you a list of options. Unless UNL has different requirements than all the other Big 10 member schools have.

OUmillenium
7/1/2011, 03:28 PM
all the fail

heh

MamaMia
7/1/2011, 03:30 PM
"There will be some mixed emotions; we have a long history with schools like Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State," said Osborne, who coached 25 games against each of those teams. "It's sad to be leaving them, but on the other hand our fans, coaches and athletes are all looking forward to being in the Big Ten. This is not to disparage anyone in the Big 12 -- we had a great amount of respect for all of those schools -- but in terms of how we view academics and athletics, we're probably a little more like-minded across the board with those in the Big Ten than the Big 12."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/index.html#ixzz1QsaHxRavSo he has decided to lower his standards.

rainiersooner
7/1/2011, 03:38 PM
Good lord how sweet it was to beat them in last year's CCG. After being down 17 points.

Suck it!!

Partial Qualifier
7/1/2011, 03:43 PM
" we had a great amount of respect for all of those schools -- but in terms of how we view academics and athletics, we're probably a little more like-minded across the board with those in the Big Ten than the Big 12."

Oh give me a ****ing break, Tom.

Yeah Nebraska was the Northwestern of the Big 12 there, weren't they? Please.

Wishboned
7/1/2011, 03:44 PM
No Tom Osborne thread is complete without this video:

O8tcxfQ3_bs

badger
7/1/2011, 03:46 PM
So he has decided to lower his standards.

No - the Big Ten did by admitting a non-AAU school like Nebrasky :D

Breadburner
7/1/2011, 03:48 PM
Wisconsin will *** rape them.....

EatLeadCommie
7/1/2011, 04:01 PM
I think what Dr. Tom is meaning to say is that he wishes they were more in line with the Big 10 academically than they are with the Big 12. The sad fact of the matter-- and maybe he doesn't want to admit this-- is that these are the rankings for the BXII in US News & World Report...

45 - Texas
63 - A&M
79 - Baylor
86 - Colorado
94 - Iowa State
94 - Mizzou
104 - KU
104 - Nebraska
111 - OU
132 - KSU
132 - OSU
159 - Taco Tech

So yeah, he can make up all that stuff about academics that he wants. No doubt it was a big draw to go into a new conference where you are ranked last academically with hopes that you can improve, but they only left because of Texas, plain and simple. I don't blame them. I just despise the dishonest glossing over of it all.

tfoolry
7/1/2011, 04:11 PM
Photo from that link:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/bo-pelini-calsport.jpg

Well wahh wahhh wahh, crybaby. You telling me having the site of the College World Series in-state didn't help just a little in baseball recruiting?

Any lurking bugeaters --- did Dr. Oz whine this much after your state didn't elect him?

That's weird; this is the pic I saw from that link:

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/285/9/2/the_great_cornholio_by_codebreak82-d30n8ad.jpg

StoopTroup
7/1/2011, 04:14 PM
Osborne? Isn't she on America's Got Talent?

tcrb
7/1/2011, 04:20 PM
I've always thought he was a dooshbag.

champions77
7/1/2011, 05:09 PM
It's funny that their little temper tantrum will net them less money, higher travel expenses, fewer televised games, and they gave up the rights to their non-conference games as well.

Lincoln and Omaha not having the Big 10 Network is just the cherry on top of all the fail Nebraska will be experiencing.

It must be tough scouting out new places to stay. I would think one call would get you a list of options. Unless UNL has different requirements than all the other Big 10 member schools have.

The never felt like the elite school in the Big XII. You have to wonder just how "annointed" the other Big Ten teams will welcome the newcomers on the block. It may take a while before they accept Nebraska like Nebraska feels they should be accepted. After all, Neb can get their feelings hurt pretty easily.

MamaMia
7/1/2011, 05:40 PM
No - the Big Ten did by admitting a non-AAU school like Nebrasky :DBoth the Big Ten and Nebbish lowered their standards.

MyT Oklahoma
7/1/2011, 05:53 PM
12 and 5 (Switzer versus Osborne).

Thanks for the memories. :D

SoonerMom2
7/1/2011, 06:16 PM
The never felt like the elite school in the Big XII. You have to wonder just how "annointed" the other Big Ten teams will welcome the newcomers on the block. It may take a while before they accept Nebraska like Nebraska feels they should be accepted. After all, Neb can get their feelings hurt pretty easily.

They still haven't really accepted Penn State after all these years. When Penn State wanted Pitt in the Conference they were ignored like they are on most things. This conference is run by OSU/Michigan and if Osborne thinks either one is going to bend over for NE, he is a fool. The OSU arrogance is bigger than Texas IMHO and I grew up in Ohio.

PLaw
7/1/2011, 06:17 PM
"There will be ... -- but in terms of how we view academics and athletics, we're probably a little more like-minded across the board with those in the Big Ten than the Big 12."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/stewart_mandel/06/29/nebraska/index.html#ixzz1QsaHxRav

bawaaaahahhhh!!!

Seriously?? Didn't the shuckers just lose their AAU standing? Wow, I've worked for a Chicago based, Fortune 25 company for almost 20 years and I don't every recall a newby, supply chain associate hired from Lincoln. We get them from Purdue, Illinois, etc. and even Kansas State.

Tom is losing it - somebody needs to keep a close eye on him.

BOOMER

mavsfan31
7/1/2011, 06:31 PM
Hahaha this is great....what a fool

LostCreekSooner
7/1/2011, 07:43 PM
No Tom Osborne thread is complete without this video:

O8tcxfQ3_bs

Bwahahahahahahaha! I have never seen that... uber epic!!!

birddog
7/1/2011, 09:58 PM
i wish nothing but losses to northwestern, minnesota, and purdue for those tea sippin wannabe, bug eatin bastards. WE PWNED YOU so you packed arse. hehe, have fun.

Salt City Sooner
7/1/2011, 10:03 PM
Since the inception of the Big 12, Nebraska is

4-6 vs. OU ( & 2 of those were in the league's first 2 years vs. Blake, Stoops is 6-2 vs. them)

1-9 vs. Texas.

I bet that just didn't have a thing to do with their exit.

Football Jim
7/1/2011, 11:54 PM
No matter how you slice it the Cornholes are losers and whiners. Doc Tom just keeps on acting like the little wimp who takes his ball and runs off to mamma if things don't go his way.

I used to like NU but over the last few years they have really been exposed.

I heard an interview on a fusker radio station this week interviewing the Big 10 commissioner. He said something to the tune of "The Big 10 is not perfect, I am sure that the refs will have blown calls that will cost you a game or two but you will also get some breaks your way as well".

It sounds like NU has been really whining to their new commissioner about refs........even befor the first snap! Looks like a fun year of reality check.
It is insane not to include OU while mentioning who you will miss.

In reality OU's games against the fuskers made them.
Have fun trying to get a national audience with NU v.s. Purdue :)

Good riddance!

ouwasp
7/2/2011, 12:21 AM
I've kinda liked NU. Back in the Dark '90s they provided some vicarious football pleasure. I always enjoyed watching them beat osu. Also got a kick out of k-state desperately trying to become their equal. :rolleyes:

That said, I hope they never get close to the MNC game again. Unless they'd bump some team truly worthy of my disdain; boys st, tex, suc, nd, and the U...

tulsaoilerfan
7/2/2011, 02:23 AM
His view on walk-on programs was quite different too.

And steroids; and players beating up their girlfriends; and i'm sure many other things that i can't recall at 2 AM

picasso
7/2/2011, 09:06 AM
And steroids; and players beating up their girlfriends; and i'm sure many other things that i can't recall at 2 AM

What, you mean those white boy WR's they had in the 80's that weighed 200 lbs?:D

Soonerfan88
7/2/2011, 12:03 PM
I lived in the KC area for several years and, unfortunately, got to know quite a few Neb fans. They are quite different Sun-Fri than what is seen on Saturdays in the fall.

Not a fan and not sorry to see them go.

OhU1
7/2/2011, 12:26 PM
Huskers have had many great teams in the past but other the Gibbs/Blake era we've pretty much had their number. For some reason Nebraska has been Texas's bitch, even last year's pathetic 5-7 team cleaned up in Lincoln.

Nebraska is desperate to recapture their lost glory and this bolting to the big 10 is just a symptom. I expect regular beat downs of the Huskers by Wisconsin and Ohio State. Teams like Iowa, Purdue, and Michigan State should be toss ups most years. Michigan, not sure. The fans will get restless again in 2 or 3 years.

Section 9
7/2/2011, 12:33 PM
I never could understand why Osborne was always treated like he was a saint. He always acted like his program was so clean when he let his players get away with things that Switzer would have been crucified for allowing. I am not sorry to see the crybaby go.

AlboSooner
7/2/2011, 12:49 PM
why would osborne miss OU? OU owns NU

BajaOklahoma
7/2/2011, 01:01 PM
Saint Tom is a joke.
I just never understood why Barry likes him.

OUTrumpet
7/2/2011, 01:02 PM
Just a question, but where does NU run in 10 years when they realize they traded UT for tOSU and if they can't succeed in the Big 10?

OUNASH
7/2/2011, 01:03 PM
I guess fourth place in the BIG 10+2 is Better than third place in the Big 12-2. After reading this article and Tom not mentioning OU, I hope NEbbish gets their arses kicked in their first year in the new league. He is not as squeaky clean as some might think, just a quiet sneaky coach.

Wishboned
7/2/2011, 01:17 PM
Osborne was the Jim Tressel of his time.

SoonerofAlabama
7/2/2011, 02:28 PM
Well, I won't miss Osborne but I will miss Nebraska.

RXtIGAZ7R-Q

Sooner_Tuf
7/2/2011, 03:02 PM
Just a question, but where does NU run in 10 years when they realize they traded UT for tOSU and if they can't succeed in the Big 10?

Big East, where they can play second fiddle to TCU.

texaspokieokie
7/2/2011, 03:28 PM
Photo from that link:

Don't see how "in-state CWS" help in baseball recruiting. how many times has NU been in the CWS. Warm weather states have advantage in baseball.

texaspokieokie
7/2/2011, 03:30 PM
Saint Tom is a joke.

Because Osborne is a nice guy & a good man.

OUInformant
7/2/2011, 03:50 PM
I think it was an interesting move for Nebraska, but I think it was emotional.

I am a little interested in seeing how they fare in the Big 10, but I think it was a mistake to move as opposed to using the situation to renew an annual rivalry with Oklahoma. I guess it would have been hard to do this unless the conference expanded as opposed to being stripped of two schools.

SoonerDood
7/2/2011, 04:08 PM
I never could understand why Osborne was always treated like he was a saint. He always acted like his program was so clean when he let his players get away with things that Switzer would have been crucified for allowing.

They never had a little brother[hairGel] or big bad archrival:mack: looking over their shoulder.

Soonermagik
7/2/2011, 04:34 PM
They lost 2 heartbreakers to OU & the Whorns in the Big 12 title game in back to back seasons. Do you think he's a little sour over those two games?

Sooner Cal
7/2/2011, 06:45 PM
To quote one of Dr. Tom's players when asked about academics - don't you know that the N on my helmet stands for knowledge.

Give me a break Osborne, I worked for a Fortune 100 company for 25 years and I never met an NU grad the entire time. Of course, we didn't grow corn. And Tom, even if you have a Ph.D. you are still just a football coach so don't go waxing about academics at NU being better than other Big XII schools. I worked with a lot of A&M and UT grads who made executive payroll, but none from NU.

SoonerofAlabama
7/2/2011, 06:53 PM
To quote one of Dr. Tom's players when asked about academics - don't you know that the N on my helmet stands for knowledge.

I have never heard this. Awesome. If your posts are this good you should post more often.

King Barry's Back
7/2/2011, 11:30 PM
Saint Tom is a joke.

Switzer has stood in Osborne's shoes, that's why. We haven't, so we're going to judge a little more harshly than Switzer.

Head coach at a place like OU/Neb is a tough job. The pressure will get to everybody eventually.

I wish TO the best, and hope he enjoys his eventual retirement. But I think going to the Big 10 is a Big Mistake.

King Barry's Back
7/2/2011, 11:32 PM
I have never heard this. Awesome. If your posts are this good you should post more often.

That "N stands for 'nowledge' gag is a VERY old joke. I first heard it in the 70s, and I am sure it was around before that.

stoopified
7/3/2011, 07:53 AM
I learned all I needed to know about Dr. T and his HIGH standards watching him deal with his collection of rapists and thugs like Christian Peter and Lawrence Phillips.The capper ffor me came when he called the rape victim up and asked not to press charges because it would ruin his player's life.The problem is this girl had been warned by other victims that Dr T would do this and she TAPED the call.A couple days later a reporter attempted to question St. Tom about this matter and Osborne had security remove him from the press conference.I have no respect for him or the rest of the Bugeaters.

stoopified
7/3/2011, 07:57 AM
Did I mention it is funny how ADs,coaches mand fans talk about their high moral and academic standards when their TEAM sucks?

badger
7/3/2011, 10:07 AM
OU owns NU

Joint custody with Texas. :mack:

cobrapilot
7/3/2011, 10:15 AM
I for one always had tremendous respect for the Nebraska program including Osbourne and Devaney.

Barry owned Tom, but they always appeared to have a good relationship. I still remember Nebraska fans at the Orange Bowl in 1972 holding signs that said They were Number one and OU was number two as we knocked off Auburn and they beat Alabama. Situation could have easily been reversed had we beat Nebraska that year.

The rivalry was always one of respect between the teams and the fans in Osbourne's era as well as Devaney's. Unlike our rivalry with Texass where the teams and fans hate each other.

Sooner Cal
7/3/2011, 01:20 PM
I've never liked NU. I can still remember my first OU v NU game in 1966, a win for us and of course the last one, another win for OU. The loss in 1971 was tough, but the payback over the next 18 years was great. The loss in 78 was clearly due to the ridiculously low temperature, but Sooner Magic in 1980 wiped that away.

Osborne lost my respect when he tolerated criminals and massive steroid use. It was bad enough that they skirted the rules with their county scholarship program that inflated their walk-on program.

Then Callahan sealed the deal with his lack of respect for the tradition.

So run away Tom, but keep your mouth shut about academics. An NU degree has no value outside of Nebraska that I'm aware of.

SoonerBorn68
7/3/2011, 11:10 PM
Nebbish is dead to me.

picasso
7/3/2011, 11:17 PM
I've never liked NU. I can still remember my first OU v NU game in 1966, a win for us and of course the last one, another win for OU. The loss in 1971 was tough, but the payback over the next 18 years was great. The loss in 78 was clearly due to the ridiculously low temperature, but Sooner Magic in 1980 wiped that away.

Osborne lost my respect when he tolerated criminals and massive steroid use. It was bad enough that they skirted the rules with their county scholarship program that inflated their walk-on program.

Then Callahan sealed the deal with his lack of respect for the tradition.

So run away Tom, but keep your mouth shut about academics. An NU degree has no value outside of Nebraska that I'm aware of.

Well said.

winout
7/3/2011, 11:30 PM
Bwahahahahahahaha! I have never seen that... uber epic!!!

Ha, I also think the OB rep told Switzer "we are inviting you to beat, er, meet Nebraska in the Orange Bowl."

wright8750
7/4/2011, 04:16 PM
Beating them after being down starting the 4th quarter is nothing new to them. Hell thats Sooner Magic. They have come to expect to lose to us at the end of of the game and we expect to beat them. So it happens.........

sparx1
7/5/2011, 01:55 AM
I think what Dr. Tom is meaning to say is that he wishes they were more in line with the Big 10 academically than they are with the Big 12. The sad fact of the matter-- and maybe he doesn't want to admit this-- is that these are the rankings for the BXII in US News & World Report...

45 - Texas
63 - A&M
79 - Baylor
86 - Colorado
94 - Iowa State
94 - Mizzou
104 - KU
104 - Nebraska
111 - OU
132 - KSU
132 - OSU
159 - Taco Tech

So yeah, he can make up all that stuff about academics that he wants. No doubt it was a big draw to go into a new conference where you are ranked last academically with hopes that you can improve, but they only left because of Texas, plain and simple. I don't blame them. I just despise the dishonest glossing over of it all.

Well...it is disappointing to hear Dr. Tom take these tactics. I must admit I always respected him....particularly compared to who followed him. Thought he was a great coach and recruiter...and must admit I liked the fact Barry etc generated and used Sooner Magic against him successfully.

I attended the 71 game which they won....and guess Nebraska had to savor that as Barry had their number.

But I was one of the first that was highly disappointed when Tom supported Nebraska taking their toys and going home. Showed some colors I had not seen before. Maybe...it would be hard to take to continually play second fiddle to Oklahoma....and he looks on this as salvation for Nebraska...maybe they can beat more of those folks.....and at least NOT HAVE to deal with Oklahoma anymore.

PDXsooner
7/5/2011, 02:17 AM
The "classiness" of the Nebraska fans was a great story...until they were exposed under Callahan and their program went into the tank post-Osborne. They showed they're like any other fan base. Gracious winners but poor losers.

101sooner
7/5/2011, 08:10 AM
If they're expecting class in the Big XII, they're gonna be sorely disappointed the first time they travel to Columbus. tOSU fans are pretty much similar to LSU fans, the girls are just fatter.

tcrb
7/5/2011, 08:41 AM
If they're expecting class in the Big XII, they're gonna be sorely disappointed the first time they travel to Columbus. tOSU fans are pretty much similar to LSU fans, the girls are just fatter.

Agree that the girls are fatter. But on the positive side, they do have most of their teeth. :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/5/2011, 11:49 AM
EatLeadCommie: ..."So yeah, he can make up all that stuff about academics that he wants. No doubt it was a big draw to go into a new conference where you are ranked last academically with hopes that you can improve, but they only left because of Texas, plain and simple. I don't blame them. I just despise the dishonest glossing over of it all."

It's a shame that Dr. Tom caught OU with Gary Gibbs, Schnelly and Boo Blake, and was able to get revenge for all the whackings the nebbish experienced at the hands of Switzer and his Sooner Magic crew. With the Sooner ship righted, and the cows playing their best against the nebs as well, the bugeaters had nowhere to go but east.

mightysooner
7/6/2011, 04:28 PM
His Huskers didn't have any problem competing against warm weather schools in recruiting and playing back when they were dominant but now it's an unfair disparity and they have to go to the BIG 10 to be competitive? Haha...He's just making excuses and dismissing the entire south division because of their absolute supremacy in the conference. What a tool....

Herr Scholz
7/6/2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah, "Dr." Tom is just mad the Big XII stopped his prop 48 and steroid tactics and then they started getting owned regularly. The part about academics was pretty funny though. Hope they enjoy recruiting in East Lansing and West Lafayette. That should do wonders for their program.

Football Jim
7/6/2011, 06:03 PM
What is sad is that I live in fusker country now and no matter how hard I try I can't get away from the dribble the fusker media is spewing.

For years the media up here was "Big 10 over rated, second class league, slow and dumb ....etc jaw jaw jaw'
'Now it's "Big 10 is the biggest baddest dive deeper come up drier best ever etc... jaw jaw jaw....
Big 12 is bad, the remaining teams are stupid, irrelevant, second class league jaw jaw jaw........

I live for the day when we meet those clowns and give them another dose of Sooner magic.
They really are irritating. Can't wait for the season to start and we can get off these off season topics!

7/6/2011, 08:16 PM
...I always enjoyed watching them beat osu. Also got a kick out of k-state desperately trying to become their equal. :rolleyes:

...some team truly worthy of my disdain; boys st, tex, suc, nd, and the U...I like your undesirables list. Boys st is a "meh" with me, though.

King Barry's Back
7/6/2011, 09:51 PM
For years the media up here was "Big 10 over rated, second class league, slow and dumb ....etc jaw jaw jaw'
'Now it's "Big 10 is the biggest baddest dive deeper come up drier best ever etc... jaw jaw jaw....
Big 12 is bad, the remaining teams are stupid, irrelevant, second class league jaw jaw jaw........

That's exactly how they are! I happened to meet two different die hard husker fans, on two separate occasions, following the 1999 season. They hadn't played us in '99, and both were curious what to expect from Bob Stoops and the Sooners in 2000 and 2001.

I told both of them something like, "You never really know, but I think we're about two years away from a national championship."

Both times their eyes got big and and they looked at me like I was ridiculous. They BOTH said, "You think you are going to win a national championship throwing the ball?"

I said something like, "Yeah."

And they both proceeded to lecture me from their expertise that only a running/option team could win a national championship.

They didn't cite any evidence or anything, I think Nebraskans just told themselves that over and over all the time and thought that it must be true.

Like they used to tell themselves that the Big 10 was boring, now they tell themselves that the Big XII is lame.

They just think if they say it enough it will be true.

I think they've got some lean football years ahead, though.

Unless they happen to find loads of Texas high school thoroughbreds longing to play in the frozen mid-west, they are going to have to establish recruiting networks in new locales. And whatever mid-western boys they used to recruit to Omaha could be sold by highlighting a different conference, games in the South, etc. Now they've really got nothing to distinguish themselves from the other Big 10 members, other than their lack of history with the league.

champions77
7/7/2011, 12:08 PM
Probably from a cultural, geographical and climate standpoint, Nebraska is probably a better fit in the Big Ten than down south with us. I mean did anyone ever attend a game in Lincoln in November and it was warmer than the 30's? Look who has won NC's the last several years? Mostly southern teams with the exception of Ohio State ten years ago.

I really believe that because of our proximity to texas and the fertile recruiting areas, that they believed that that was an advantage for us and Texas that they could not ever compete with. That competing against the other Big Ten teams would be much easier for them. And this came from the fact that they have not had the athletes that us and texas have had the last 10-12 years. It was frustrating for them. Instead of fighting it....they just decided to leave.

MamaMia
7/9/2011, 01:25 PM
You know what? Hes lyin'. He will too miss us. Hes a guy though, and so he will NEVER admit it. Thats just how guys are. :pop:

royalfan5
7/9/2011, 01:42 PM
It always cracks me up when somebody trots out the old county scholarship myth.

7/9/2011, 02:08 PM
Wonder what Veritas has to say about all this nebbish + Dr. Tom stuff?