PDA

View Full Version : Good luck Cade

Sooner95
7/1/2011, 10:04 AM
NORMAN, Okla. -- Cade Davis, the leading scorer and co-leading rebounder on last season's Oklahoma men's basketball team, signed a contract this week to play professionally in Macedonia for the next two years.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/070111aaa.html

Boomer.....
7/1/2011, 10:04 AM
Good for him!

Mad Dog Madsen
7/1/2011, 10:13 AM
Great news to hear and good luck to Cade!

SoonerMom2
7/1/2011, 10:45 AM
This is awesome! They will not get anyone who works harder than Cade Davis for their team.

SoonerofAlabama
7/1/2011, 10:59 AM
Awesome. I was hopeful he would land somewhere. Good luck Cade and congratulations.

badger
7/1/2011, 11:20 AM
Good luck finding Macedonia, Cade ;)

http://www.macedonia.info/images/macedonia.jpg

MsProudSooner
7/1/2011, 12:30 PM
Just a hop, skip and a jump from the boot of Italy.

Sounds like a nice place, except for the part about the earthquake!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skopje

yankee
7/1/2011, 05:50 PM
I need to update my Geography terms. I had no idea Macedonia was even a country. I thought it was some ancient civilization.

Great news though for Cade, I'm happy for him. And judging by their results from this past season, it looks like he landed on a pretty good team.

Curly Bill
7/1/2011, 05:54 PM
Macedonia peaked with Alexander the Great and it's been downhill ever since. If he makes some good coin, he's got Greece just to the south, he might could buy half the country. :D

Illuminati
7/1/2011, 06:07 PM
Great for him, he deserves it.

birddog
7/1/2011, 09:52 PM
hey, when bball is all you know, you may as well test the waters while gaining a lifetime of memories. GAME ON!!

birddog
7/1/2011, 09:53 PM
plus i like macadamia nuts.

Serge Ibaka
7/2/2011, 03:31 AM
So you only have to be as good as Cade Davis is at basketball, and you get paid to live in Europe and play basketball through your 20s. That's awesome.

Good for Cade. I hope he manages a good career over there.

SOFSooner
7/2/2011, 12:44 PM
Macedonia peaked with Alexander the Great and it's been downhill ever since. If he makes some good coin, he's got Greece just to the south, he might could buy half the country. :D

This is not the same country that Alexander the Great orignated from. The Greeks call it FYROM for the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. This is located on the eastern border of Kosovo. I spent a great deal of time along the border of FYROM and Kosovo on missions, and could see the city that Cade will play for, nowhere near the ancient country of Macedonia. Make that mistakes around someone from Greece and you will have a nice argument on your hands.

Mad Dog Madsen
7/7/2011, 04:57 PM
Bumping this just to get that Sampson thread outta the way... :)

starclassic tama
7/8/2011, 03:02 AM
i wonder what kind of money he will be making with a gig like this?

birddog
8/5/2011, 09:15 PM
i wonder what kind of money he will be making with a gig like this?

more than dudes that are unemployed. and having the opportunity to experience different cultures, he's from elk city (no, big country, elk city is not the "big" city). I was lucky enough to play overseas and he'll have memories and stories from that period of his life that money can't replace until he's roughly 37. then, well, he'll have to find a job like all of us sad sacs.
sorry, cade. KICK ACE!!!