PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Pantry Moths and SO Posters

lexsooner
7/1/2011, 07:40 AM
I have a pantry moth problem at home. These little buggers have gotten into open packages of rice, pasta, chips, and other foods in the pantry. They are harmless, but really annoying and they lay eggs which turn into these gross little maggots which writh around and crawl around the ceiling. I cleaned out the pantry and thought I got them all, but it seems a new pantry moth comes flying out just when I thought they had gone away.

Similarly, there are certain annoying posters on the SO who seem stuck on certain topics, especially partisan political ones or right wing social agendas, i.e. illegal immigration, blacks, what horrible things Oblamba has done, etc. A few have been around a while, but others come and go, and just when you figure they are gone, they come back or another one comes out of the pantry to replace him. They are harmless, but annoying, like pantry moths. I guess this is what you get when you have a message board in one of the reddest states in the country.

olevetonahill
7/1/2011, 07:57 AM
Burn yer shack down, that rids you of the moth prob.

Poke yer eyes out, that rids you of the Prob of reading **** ya dont like.:rolleyes:

Turd_Ferguson
7/1/2011, 08:07 AM
Or, just don't open the pantry door...

AlbqSooner
7/1/2011, 08:11 AM
Put moth ball crystals in your open packages of rice, pasta, chips, and other foods in the pantry. YWIA

delhalew
7/1/2011, 08:17 AM
You mean in the most volatile political climate of our lifetime, folks are passionate about the political machinations being perpetrated upon us. We have a culture crisis, class warfare, and an economy about to fly over a cliff, and people have something to say about it? Our friends and neighbours are jobless and struggling, and we are concerned about the inability of an arrogant, inept governing class to effect positive change?

The nerve...:rollseyes:

sooner n houston
7/1/2011, 08:23 AM
Hey Lex, point me to one of those "right wing social agendas" threads on blacks would you? I have never seen one. TIA.

SpankyNek
7/1/2011, 08:42 AM
Hey Lex, point me to one of those "right wing social agendas" threads on blacks would you? I have never seen one. TIA.

Here is one about how blacks are hypocrites (If you check the posts out, you will find that ideology is pretty well delineated upon political belief, considering the other posts made by those individuals.)

The "blacks" are hypocrites thread (http://soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132057&highlight=blacks)

Also, it seems that many will start a thread that, at first, appears to be benign. However these "lazy entitled threads" always devolve into stereotype (many times at the behest of the OP) and innuendo.

okie52
7/1/2011, 09:14 AM
I have a pantry moth problem at home. These little buggers have gotten into open packages of rice, pasta, chips, and other foods in the pantry. They are harmless, but really annoying and they lay eggs which turn into these gross little maggots which writh around and crawl around the ceiling. I cleaned out the pantry and thought I got them all, but it seems a new pantry moth comes flying out just when I thought they had gone away.

Similarly, there are certain annoying posters on the SO who seem stuck on certain topics, especially partisan political ones or right wing social agendas, i.e. illegal immigration, blacks, what horrible things Oblamba has done, etc. A few have been around a while, but others come and go, and just when you figure they are gone, they come back or another one comes out of the pantry to replace him. They are harmless, but annoying, like pantry moths. I guess this is what you get when you have a message board in one of the reddest states in the country.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/hsipaniccrying.jpg

olevetonahill
7/1/2011, 09:15 AM
Wow, yer good.
Had to go back 2 years to find a thread that you could point to, :rolleyes:

lexsooner
7/1/2011, 09:23 AM
http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/hsipaniccrying.jpg

Wait, is this guy an illegal?????

delhalew
7/1/2011, 09:28 AM

Our future President, according to Dick Durbin.

okie52

No, merely an undocumented worker.

The
I, too, am anti pantry moth and SO posters.

Mississippi Sooner
7/1/2011, 09:29 AM
Moths are a great source of protien. Bears love them. So, all you need to do is get a pet bear. No more moth problem.

The
7/1/2011, 09:30 AM
Moths are a great source of protien. Bears love them. So, all you need to do is get a pet bear. No more moth problem.

GIS "Bear Party".

pphilfran
7/1/2011, 09:31 AM
And Lex is the light to which we swarm...

jumperstop
7/1/2011, 09:34 AM
Stupid political threads.....Are we talking about Sooner Nate here? Glad I haven't seen his post on a while....

Mongo
7/1/2011, 09:35 AM
GIS "Bear Party".

I dont get it

http://www.psnnewsletter.com/images/clients/90/PolarBearParty.gif

OhU1
7/1/2011, 10:35 AM
The moths almost certainly hatched from the food in your pantry. I had a box of Quaker Oat Bran in my pantry that produced a huge colony of moths after I came home from a week vacation. Lots of foods have incest eggs in them, yummy!

Speaking of SO political posters where's Tuba? Where's KC?

Peach Fuzz
7/1/2011, 10:36 AM
I have the same freakin moth problem, they attract Brown recluse' too and I absolutely HATE spiders... Got rid of all the oat type stuff and they seem to be going away... just been a bad year for em

lexsooner
7/1/2011, 10:45 AM
The moths almost certainly hatched from the food in your pantry. I had a box of Quaker Oat Bran in my pantry that produced a huge colony of moths after I came home from a week vacation. Lots of foods have incest eggs in them, yummy!

Speaking of SO political posters where's Tuba? Where's KC?

OhU1, bit your tongue! I have this theory that when you mention you have not seen or heard from someone in a long time, they suddenly show up. I think KC was banned. I thought Jerk had disappeared, but he suddenly appeared one day on a thread and started flaming all this stuff about you Libs and Obama lovers, blah, blah. It was completely unrelated to the subject matter of the thread.

3rdgensooner
7/1/2011, 10:59 AM
I dont get it

http://www.psnnewsletter.com/images/clients/90/PolarBearParty.gif

Going Back to Cali is playing on my IPod--it goes well with this image.

jk the sooner fan
7/1/2011, 11:06 AM
if somebody mentions me in this thread - please let me know

tia

soonerboomer93
7/1/2011, 11:36 AM
Put moth ball crystals in your open packages of rice, pasta, chips, and other foods in the pantry. YWIA

i think moths putting thier balls in his open food is what led to the maggots.

StoopTroup
7/1/2011, 12:34 PM
i thought he wrote panty.

sooner_born_1960
7/1/2011, 12:36 PM
incest eggs?

soonerchk
7/1/2011, 12:37 PM
Keep your rice in the refrigerator and the annoying posters in the freezer. Problem solved, I'll send you a bill.

lexsooner
7/1/2011, 12:47 PM
incest eggs?

They explain the banjo kid in Deliverance.