PDA

View Full Version : AZ kicks azz on illegals

okie52
6/30/2011, 04:51 PM
Illegal immigrants beaten, extorted in Phoenix

PHOENIX -- Eight undocumented immigrants were being held against their will at a home near 47th Avenue and Encanto Boulevard in Phoenix.

On Wednesday morning, the Phoenix Police Department received a 911 call to do a welfare check at a home in the 4700 block of West Vernon Avenue.

Department of Public Safety spokesman Harold Sanders said police officers found 11 people in the house.

Three have been identified as suspects and are being interviewed. The other eight are undocumented immigrants who were being held against their will and extorted.

Sanders said the immigrants, who are all men, were previously held at another house where they were threatened, held at gunpoint and beaten.

Police officers called the Illegal Immigration Prevention & Apprehension Co-op Team (IIMPACT) and detectives interviewed the individuals being held.

The victims said they had paid about $3,000 to get from Mexico to California, but they only made it to Phoenix. The suspects extorted them for another $500 each to be taken to California.

Police investigated a location near 105th Drive and Indian School Road in Avondale. Five illegal immigrants were found inside the home. Two of them were identified as victims being held against their will and the other three were identified as suspects who were serving as guards to prevent the escape of the two victims.

IIMPACT detectives were able to determine that the Avondale residence was the location where the beatings and threats occurred.

Detectives found several weapons, including two handguns, a large knife, baseball bat and wooden dowels, that were used to conduct the threats, intimidation and physical beatings. Also, a ledger was seized that contained information relevant to the human smuggler operation.

The undocumented immigrants will be turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2011/06/28/six-undocumented-students-arrested-after-illegal-immigration-protest-near-gold-dome

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 04:57 PM
I got this really bad splinter in my hand from a wooden dowel one time. It's why I switched to Louisville Sluggers. The quality of the LS vs the WD is amazing

badger
6/30/2011, 05:08 PM
Reading that, I am reminded of the tax cheat that gives their winning lottery ticket to another tax cheat (not knowing they are also a tax cheat) to collect the winnings... only to find that their winnings went to pay the other tax cheat's taxes.

The government doesn't have laws rewarding you if you started off by doing the wrong thing in the first place.

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 05:19 PM
Who knew that if you paid someone to take you somewhere that they would charge for the extra bags and the drinks and snacks along the way and then decide that taking you further might be a bit more of a risk so they would make sure that their expenses could be covered?

Why doesn't the Underground Railroad operate to benefit refugees? Why isn't it free? Why is America so hung up on money?

AlbqSooner
6/30/2011, 05:33 PM
Why doesn't the Underground Railroad operate to benefit refugees? Why isn't it free? Why is America so hung up on money?

It's them messicans who are hung up on the money.

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 05:37 PM
It's them messicans who are hung up on the money.

It's the fancy turquoise and silver belts isn't it?

http://dallasvintageshop.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/western_wear.jpg

goingoneight
6/30/2011, 10:43 PM
Sounds like a "welfare check" is a completely different thing in AZ.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 10:54 PM
I am glad I don't live in AZ. Sounds like a bunch of a$$holes over there.

I am thinking about bypassing that state altogether..it is too bad, for my daughter, that the Grand Canyon lies, largely, in such a cesspool.

BTW, I don't think they are a$$holes because of this (Unless they don't plan on pursuing charges against those that beat these folks), I think they are a$$holes because they choose to use strong-arm tactics against states like CA for their political differences.

CA should just stop releasing water to those jerks.

SCOUT
6/30/2011, 10:54 PM
Who knew that if you paid someone to take you somewhere that they would charge for the extra bags and the drinks and snacks along the way and then decide that taking you further might be a bit more of a risk so they would make sure that their expenses could be covered?

If they used the same carriers enough, they could get status and their bags would be free. Wait, they are usually just one way tickets I suppose.

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 11:03 PM

I am thinking about bypassing that state altogether..it is too bad, for my daughter, that the Grand Canyon lies, largely, in such a cesspool.

BTW, I don't think they are a$$holes because of this (Unless they don't plan on pursuing charges against those that beat these folks), I think they are a$$holes because they choose to use strong-arm tactics against states like CA for their political differences.

The thing about AZ is that back in the 80s Doctors were telling old folks to go there instead of FLorida. And...they did. The place was huge. Even Laughlin, Nevada became this huge stopping place for retirees as they headed on to Vegas. Things got so good there sometimes they just stopped there and then went back Home and avoided Vegas altogether.

okie52
7/1/2011, 12:18 AM

You have got to be kidding....California was pushing a boycott on AZ the day after AZ passed the illegals law.

SpankyNek
7/1/2011, 12:19 AM
You have got to be kidding....California was pushing a boycott on AZ the day after AZ passed the illegals law.

Where do you think the illegals were gonna go?
They have the right to be sovereign as a state.
But this was like building a bunch of nuclear reactors 1 mile from the border.

okie52
7/1/2011, 12:27 AM
Where do you think the illegals were gonna go?
They have the right to be sovereign as a state.
But this was like building a bunch of nuclear reactors 1 mile from the border.

Then Cali ought to nut up and do the same thing...maybe the illegals would actually go home.

Calis boycott was over profiling...not the fear they would go there.....he11 they love them there.

Harry Beanbag
7/1/2011, 06:59 AM

I think you have to try to be this ignorant.