PDA

View Full Version : INS-do they exist?

okie52
6/30/2011, 04:34 PM
Breaking: Six undocumented students arrested after illegal immigration protest near Gold Dome

Posted by Thomas Wheatley on Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Joeff Davis

Capitol Police today arrested six undocumented youths who blocked traffic near the Gold Dome to protest Georgia's controversial immigration law.

Protest organizers say the students arrested were Dulce Guerrero, 18; Jessica Vasquez, 18; Rolando Zenteno, 16; Nataly Ibarra, 16; Felipe Baeza, 24; and Leeidy Solis, 16. The organizers say all are Georgia residents and high school students, with the exception of Baeza, who lives in and recently graduated from college in New York.

"I am so happy to do this because we need to stand up for what we believe," Ibarra, a senior at Pebblebrook High School, said before being arrested. "I am tired of having to live in the shadows."

Today's protest comes several months after more than 100 protesters — including seven undocumented students — urged Georgia State University not to comply with a law that prohibits undocumented immigrants from attending some of the state's most competitive public colleges. The seven youths were arrested after sitting in the middle of Courtland Street but were not deported.

A federal judge yesterday temporarily blocked parts of Georgia's law that penalizes people who aid or transport undocumented immigrants or fail to verify whether employees are authorized to work in the United States. The state says it will appeal the decision.

UPDATE 5:18 p.m.: A spokesman with the Georgia Department of Public Safety, which oversees the Capitol Police, says in a statement that the six were arrested "after blocking the intersection by sitting in the roadway and failing to disperse." All six are being charged with with reckless conduct, obstructing law enforcement, and obstructing a street.

The three adults — Baeza, Vasquez and Guerrero — are being transported to Fulton County Jail. The three juveniles will be released to their parents "with copies of the charges for Juvenile Court proceedings."

According to the spokesman, 200 people attended today's event. "No other incidents were reported during or after the rally," he says.

You really have to F*** up in this country to get deported.

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2011/06/28/six-undocumented-students-arrested-after-illegal-immigration-protest-near-gold-dome

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2011, 05:16 PM
No, INS does not exist. They're called ICE now.

okie52
6/30/2011, 05:17 PM
Does ICE exist?

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2011, 05:26 PM
Does ICE exist?

Supposedly, but I have serious doubts.

goingoneight
6/30/2011, 10:51 PM
Interesting story: Saying "La Migra" will either make a bunch of Messicans scatter out of a place or threaten to kill you. An old coworker thought it'd be funny to try this out at a few places. Restaurant kitchen, scattering... bar and construction jobsite... turned out that wasn't such a funny idea afterall. He got his *** kicked and threatened after the fact. I haven't seen him since shortly after it happened. I think he moved away.

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 11:45 PM
Well, it's settled then.

Since the US embassy people in Bangkok are such mean poopie heads, Nope and I will fly to Mexico City and make our way north and swim across the Rio Grand.

Any of you brave enough to illegally transport two "wetbacks" one illegal immigrant and one gay lib from Southern Texas back to Oklahoma? I have money to compensate and I will try to arrange this deal when OU has a bye-week.

SicEmBaylor
6/30/2011, 11:50 PM
Well, it's settled then.

Since the US embassy people in Bangkok are such mean poopie heads, Nope and I will fly to Mexico City and make our way north and swim across the Rio Grand.

Any of you brave enough to illegally transport two "wetbacks" one illegal immigrant and one gay lib from Southern Texas back to Oklahoma? I have money to compensate and I will try to arrange this deal when OU has a bye-week.

You better do this before I become President. I like you Chuck, but I intend to deploy the military to the border with shoot to kill orders for any adult attempting to cross.

GKeeper316
6/30/2011, 11:51 PM
"I am tired of having to live in the shadows."

then gtfo maybe?

Chuck Bao
7/1/2011, 12:03 AM
You better do this before I become President. I like you Chuck, but I intend to deploy the military to the border with shoot to kill orders for any adult attempting to cross.

Sic'em, you are not 36 years old yet, are you? I may have a few more years to plan this big caper before your death squads show up.

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2011, 12:18 AM
Sic'em, you are not 36 years old yet, are you? I may have a few more years to plan this big caper before your death squads show up.

It's 35 actually but I'm getting close. 2020 is my year!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/1/2011, 03:02 AM
I would say go live with Olevet until you get settled...but someone on here would probably turn him in for harboring two "wetbacks" haha

lexsooner
7/1/2011, 07:04 AM
No, INS does not exist. They're called ICE now.

ICE may very well be worse than INS. After 9/11, Congress was so outraged at INS's blunders that it took them out from under the Dept. of Justice and put them under Homeland Security, which is like taking a bad child from a large, but basically functional family, and placing him in a newly formed, abusive and dysfunctional family. Homeland Security is an awful agency, bloated, mismanaged, with terrible staff morale. ICE had no chance to be any better under Homeland Security.

A friend of mine went to a Kentucky law enforcement meeting and a state cop at the meeting asked the ICE official what his state cops should do if they pick up someone they believe is illegal. The ICE official said they should call so and so at this number. So the ICE guy looks on his cell phone and says he was mistaken, that guy has some other title and was not the person to call, and he would get back to everyone on who to call in Kentucky if an illegal is arrested. He had no idea.

SpankyNek
7/1/2011, 08:20 AM
ICE may very well be worse than INS. After 9/11, Congress was so outraged at INS's blunders that it took them out from under the Dept. of Justice and put them under Homeland Security, which is like taking a bad child from a large, but basically functional family, and placing him in a newly formed, abusive and dysfunctional family. Homeland Security is an awful agency, bloated, mismanaged, with terrible staff morale. ICE had no chance to be any better under Homeland Security.

A friend of mine went to a Kentucky law enforcement meeting and a state cop at the meeting asked the ICE official what his state cops should do if they pick up someone they believe is illegal. The ICE official said they should call so and so at this number. So the ICE guy looks on his cell phone and says he was mistaken, that guy has some other title and was not the person to call, and he would get back to everyone on who to call in Kentucky if an illegal is arrested. He had no idea.
Harris County (Houston) Jail has ICE officials on site at all times. Part of the problem, IMO, is it is profitable (In many instances) to have these folks (illegals) in jail, one of today's biggest cash cows.

diegosooner
7/1/2011, 09:58 AM

Maybe you can get Michael Bay to direct and produce your movie.

Chuck Bao
7/1/2011, 01:01 PM
I would say go live with Olevet until you get settled...but someone on here would probably turn him in for harboring two "wetbacks" haha

I do know that I will always be welcome in Olevet's home. He is that kinda guy to help out a friend. If anyone would turn us in, then they are just mean and ugly poopie heads.

But, I own property with my own hideout on a hill and I am not going to mention where that is. Besides that, my family can get pretty hillbilly mean when protecting its own. Maybe I need to refine my plan but it does seem like the best option for now.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2011, 02:37 AM
Could you buy like some property in New York somewhere, become a state citizen, get married and find some loophole through that?

Chuck Bao
7/2/2011, 03:36 AM
Could you buy like some property in New York somewhere, become a state citizen, get married and find some loophole through that?

Nope can't even travel to the US on a tourist visa or I am afraid to try because of my last horrible experience with that. There is a fiance visa for straight couples that allows them time to get more acquainted, the future bride to figure out if she can live in the US and a certain time period to get married. But, that doesn't apply for us yet.

My embassy friends tell me that my best chance is to get a work visa for Nope and I can sponsor him because I need help on my farm. I would love that and it is partially true because that's what he wants to do. But, I remain skeptical of that approach. If getting a legal work visa is that easy, why don't more businesses in the US do that legal thing instead of the illegal one?

Besides, I haven't lived in the US in 25+ years. I am not sure that I can prove that I desperately need help on my farm without them busting out laughing.

Thinking about this just makes my head hurt.

I told Nope last night that we are going to sell every thing and make a run for the border. He said okay and let's go.

Will you guys accept two runaway illegals at the tailgate parties because I hope to make it to a few games this year?

Peach Fuzz
7/2/2011, 06:18 AM
Nope can't even travel to the US on a tourist visa or I am afraid to try because of my last horrible experience with that. There is a fiance visa for straight couples that allows them time to get more acquainted, the future bride to figure out if she can live in the US and a certain time period to get married. But, that doesn't apply for us yet.

My embassy friends tell me that my best chance is to get a work visa for Nope and I can sponsor him because I need help on my farm. I would love that and it is partially true because that's what he wants to do. But, I remain skeptical of that approach. If getting a legal work visa is that easy, why don't more businesses in the US do that legal thing instead of the illegal one?

Besides, I haven't lived in the US in 25+ years. I am not sure that I can prove that I desperately need help on my farm without them busting out laughing.

I told Nope last night that we are going to sell every thing and make a run for the border. He said okay and let's go.

Will you guys accept two runaway illegals at the tailgate parties because I hope to make it to a few games this year?

No kwear. ;)

seriously why would you want to come back? Sounds like it's badass there.

delhalew
7/2/2011, 09:14 AM
I have known plenty of people here on work visas. Big companies do use them. I suggest you try, seeing as you can attest to him having work on the farm.

pphilfran
7/2/2011, 11:05 AM

Chuck...I am sure you are a citizen...correct? expat?

If he has a certain skill that is needed by your farm you can sponsor him easily...I've never gotten anybody into the US but I do know that Goodyear sponsored quite a few...though the ones they sponsored were all of Einstein intelligence...

I think you could do it easily and be above board on all issues...

lexsooner
7/2/2011, 12:06 PM
This reminds me that I forgot to mention ICE's equally disfunctional sister organization, the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration. When INS went under Homeland Security, they split up INS's legal and illegal immigration functions. Too bad the legal side, BCI, got the same rude, nasty staff members. Those poor legal immigrants, many with valuable skills and eduction, have to deal with these clowns during the long and bureaucratic process. Imagine being a bright scientist from another country who wants to become a U.S. citizen and having a high school educated civil service slug talking down to you during the process. As an American, I am truly embarrassed that legal immigrants have to put up with these f***tards.

I once went with a friend of mine who is an Assistant U.S. Attorney to swear in new citizens at a federal courthouse. The Immigration dude was running around, trying to get the immigrants organized and he was such a suck up to the federal judge and phony nice to the new citizens. Afterwards, I remember congratulating some of the new citizens, who by the way were thrilled and incredibly happy. Part of me felt like apologizing to them that they had to deal with the rotten Homeland Security staff during their long and arduous legal immigration process. It sure would be nice if we could strip some of the no good ICE and BCI staff of their citizenship and deport them.

AlboSooner
7/2/2011, 12:55 PM
USCIS used to be much much worse than it is now. Under Bush and under Obama it has become better than is used to be. I'm not saying they are the best, or proficient, but 5 years ago, when it was INS, it was a mess.

It was a good decision to split up the enforcement arm from the naturalization arm of INS.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/3/2011, 06:03 AM
According to the spokesman, 200 people attended today's event. "No other incidents were reported during or after the rally," he says.

The MSM reported "thousands" - Wow!

You go Georgia. I only wish Texas had the guts you did to pass the law.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/3/2011, 06:04 AM
Supposedly, but I have serious doubts.

THey've been told by O'bummer and his minions to look the other way and stop all deportation proceedings against non-criminals. Way to enforce the law a$$hole.