PDA

View Full Version : When the gay gene is discovered...

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 05:14 PM
How will you pro choice democrats live with yourself when hetero parents are aborting their gay babies?

Mongo
6/29/2011, 05:17 PM
they should find the short gene, and start aborting people under 5'11" if they are males

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 05:23 PM
they should find the short gene, and start aborting people under 5'11" if they are males

Actually some really tiny folks will come in just as handy as Big and Tall.

As far as the gay gene and abortion....I don't think that will happen.

I do think there will be legislation to stop Gays from altering the test Tube Fetus to be gay and there will be some really Fabulously Gay Married Couples doing some very Fabulous Marches on the Mall in DC.

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 05:26 PM

Aren't most fetuses under 5'11''?

Mongo
6/29/2011, 05:31 PM
Aren't most fetuses under 5'11''?

you are under 5'11", arent you?

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 05:34 PM
No. You have me confused with pat. Plus your strange lust for men over 5'11" is setting off my radar.

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 05:38 PM
How will you pro choice democrats live with yourself when hetero parents are aborting their gay babies?

You dont have your gene expression rules exactly right. Gene expression is affected by environment. Just because a certain gene gives you a proclivity to certain behaviors doesnt mean they always get expressed. Additionally, they can be masked by the stronger expression of other genes.

Regardless, If they are truly prochoice I'm assuming they'd be fine with it.

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 05:49 PM
I don't really give a damn.

But when I come back in the next life, you had better already figured out that big dick gene and given me a super sized one or there will be karma hell to pay.

NormanPride
6/29/2011, 05:54 PM
Note to self: Chuck unhappy with size of member...

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 06:13 PM
You dont have your gene expression rules exactly right. Gene expression is affected by environment. Just because a certain gene gives you a proclivity to certain behaviors doesnt mean they always get expressed. Additionally, they can be masked by the stronger expression of other genes.

Don't try to confuse everyone with your scientific mumbo jumbo. If some medieval farmer can prove the world is round then I suspect we can find the gay gene.

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 06:22 PM
Don't try to confuse everyone with your scientific mumbo jumbo. If some medieval farmer can prove the world is round then I suspect we can find the gay gene.

I bet you can find it but there is no guarantee that even if you have two copies of the dominant alleles for the gay gene (assuming it is only one gene, not like say eye color that is determined by multiple genes) that you will be gay. That gene's expression (and the expression of other genes) will very likely be affected by the environment that human experiences over his/her lifetime.

Especially because it would code for a behavior and not something like where your eyes go on your face, which is much affected less by the expression of other genes around it (although it to can be affected by the developmental environment).

PDXsooner
6/29/2011, 06:28 PM
I bet you can find it but there is no guarantee that even if you have two copies of the dominant alleles for the gay gene (assuming it is only one gene, not like say eye color that is determined by multiple genes) that you will be gay. That gene's expression (and the expression of other genes) will very likely be affected by the environment that human experiences over his/her lifetime.

Especially because it would code for a behavior and not something like where your eyes go on your face, which is much affected less by the expression of other genes around it (although it to can be affected by the developmental environment).

Why are you utilizing logical, educated information with a robot incapable of thinking outside of its programmed, puny little brain?

Breadburner
6/29/2011, 06:30 PM
I wish the L & D docs would start spanking them again to knock the dicks off the dumb and gay ones......All this started when they stopped doing that....

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 06:40 PM
Note to self: Chuck unhappy with size of member...

Please don't worry if your computer crashes or you lose your notes to self, I will be around to remind you that all I want for Christmas is one super-sized, award-winning movie star dick. I want my own line of special brand of products including fragrances, bath oils, facial rubs, hair gels. I want my imprint in cement in Hollywood. I want StoopTroup to get upset that there is a rubber version glued on the baseball cap of some gay hillbilly in Oklahoma.

Tall, short, gay, straight...that don't matter.

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 06:42 PM
Why are you utilizing logical, educated information with a robot incapable of thinking outside of its programmed, puny little brain?

Yeah moron, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what ever scientific process is used in discovering it will be different that what is known today. Until then your secret is safe.

87sooner
6/29/2011, 06:45 PM
there is no gay gene...
some people really really hope there is...
it's terribly important to them that it be true...
but it's not....

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 06:53 PM
Please don't worry if your computer crashes or you lose your notes to self, I will be around to remind you that all I want for Christmas is one super-sized, award-winning movie star dick. I want my own line of special brand of products including fragrances, bath oils, facial rubs, hair gels. I want my imprint in cement in Hollywood. I want StoopTroup to get upset that there is a rubber version glued on the baseball cap of some gay hillbilly in Oklahoma.

Tall, short, gay, straight...that don't matter.

You aren't gonna get me to post that pic.....no I'm not gonna do it.....you can't make me....you can't make me......LMAO

I think Chuck should go out at night in Thailand and nail Huge Latex male genitals above the entrances to all the Schools there.

usmc-sooner
6/29/2011, 06:55 PM
I'd say wanting to have something shoved up your *** makes you "sexually retarded"

I don't understand why homosexuals who are supposed to be attracted to the same sex, then why do you always see the lesbian couple where one is obviously trying to be the man? and in the gay couple the guy who is trying to be the woman?

MR2-Sooner86
6/29/2011, 06:56 PM
I don't understand why homosexuals who are supposed to be attracted to the same sex, then why do you always see the lesbian couple where one is obviously trying to be the man? and in the gay couple the guy who is trying to be the woman?

http://greatestprobowlsever.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/pitcher-catcher.jpg

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 06:59 PM
I'd say wanting to have something shoved up your *** makes you "sexually retarded"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ITZ1KLIppt0/S6p3torgJCI/AAAAAAAACEY/e1iywqg4p9A/s1600/coons.jpg

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 07:00 PM
I was trying to make a point about the gay and short and movie star looks genes and I don't guess that caught on. Kabookie, as OP, maybe you should also be more direct in what you are asking.

To answer your original question, I really don't think true conservatives would ever consider aborting a fetus who has the gay gene. And, I don't think that true liberals would ever be opposed to a woman's right to choose even if it were as misguided as this.

Maybe there will be gene therapy to fix our flaws. But that is a strange new world and one that we are not ready to deal with yet.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 07:01 PM
Hitler was ready.

http://www.ooze.com/finger/assets/images/hitler.jpg

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 07:49 PM
there is no gay gene...
but it's not....

You are in no position to prove or say that. You are making assumptions. And they arent necessarily very quality assumptions.

There are about 20K genes in a human that code for proteins. We arent sure how all of these interact with the environment to effect behavior. Hell we arent even sure what most of them actually "do" besides their very general function. Also those genes are only 1.5% of our DNA and we arent sure if the rest of it is all "junk DNA" or if it has an actual purpose.

All that being said I highly doubt there is a "gay gene." But I would bet all my money that there is a genetic interaction with today's environment that has a high probability of producing a gay phenotype.

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 07:51 PM
Yeah moron, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say what ever scientific process is used in discovering it will be different that what is known today. Until then your secret is safe.

Probably not. The scientific method remains the same and we have all of the human gene sequences. We just have to be able to look at expression in a controlled study etc...

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 07:54 PM
Hitler was ready.

http://www.ooze.com/finger/assets/images/hitler.jpg

Yeah and he was probably just over-compensating for a tiny, tiny penis. Give men big dicks and they will stay closer to home, straight or gay.

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 07:55 PM

I would say you dont always see that. I've seen plenty of gay couples with 2 butch lesbians or two girlish gay dudes. What is that like double gay?

Anyway, I think in those cases maybe their mother had high levels of testosterone during their pregnancy for the ladies for example. It could be anything. Its pretty easy to mess up organismal development. And with all of the chemicals, horomones, etc... that are out there these days nothing would really surprise me.

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2011, 07:56 PM

agreed

Sheeyat... some of the gay chicks I see around Norman are an amino acid or two away from being a man anyway, so they might as well play the role

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 07:59 PM
Obviously you haven't has a fecal impaction......lol

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2011, 08:00 PM

way to avoid the actual question

SpankyNek
6/29/2011, 08:01 PM
I thought that there was a rather large cross section that tried to loosen up ther ladies, just to they could PITB....Am I wrong?

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 08:02 PM
way to avoid the actual question

I didnt avoid the question. I answered it directly in my second (one sentence) paragraph.

Way to not read.

Fraggle145
6/29/2011, 08:03 PM

Also this includes a lot of straight people.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 08:11 PM
Is there a gay marine Periodical?

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/07/09/business/09advocate.jpg

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 08:39 PM

Well see that's the problem. You are doing it all wrong. It is called making love for a reason.

Why do you kiss your wife/girlfriend(s) on the lips? You enjoy it. She enjoys it. You are not procreating. Is that retarded?

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2011, 08:42 PM
dude, you had a butt plug picture as your avatar for quite some time

somehow i think that disqualifies you from using the "making love" argument -

the whole "pro-creation" every time is equally retarded imo

I Am Right
6/29/2011, 08:43 PM
You're screwed

yankee
6/29/2011, 08:44 PM
There has been WAY too much gay talk on the South Oval lately. DO NOT WANT.

cantwait48
6/29/2011, 08:44 PM

:pop:

RACHEL MADDOW is my clone
6/29/2011, 08:50 PM

How do you live in such ignorance?!? I bet you love it when the government wants to shove their big **** in your bedroom, don't you?! I don't.

Mongo
6/29/2011, 08:52 PM

I thought it was a silver toof for the longest. not a classy, artsy fartsy glass butt plug photo

Chuck Bao
6/29/2011, 09:05 PM

I will try my best to answer you as honestly as I can.

1) Nobody knew what the avatar actually was until I mentioned it.

2) It was intended as an artistic picture of the Bangkok skyline as seen through a glass buttplug - I think I entitled the pic something like that.

3) I never said that I used it personally and I most definitely didn't.

4) I did buy a few of those glass dildo things and they are described as "objets d′art", among other things.

5) People collect all sorts of weird stuff.

6) Excuse me but who are you to say that I cannot have an opinion on making love?

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 09:07 PM
I thought it was a silver toof for the longest. not a classy, artsy fartsy glass butt plug photo

A silver toof? Seriously you're a sooooooo gay.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 09:08 PM
JK = The Love Doctor.....lol

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2011, 09:49 PM
6) Excuse me but who are you to say that I cannot have an opinion on making love?

its just a discussion - you say stuff, i say stuff....

KABOOKIE
6/29/2011, 09:52 PM
its just a discussion - you say stuff, i say stuff....

Dude you've got a dildo hanging from your mouf in your avatar. Geez.

Mjcpr
6/29/2011, 09:53 PM
I thought it was just the internet?

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 09:55 PM
I say stuff then someone stuffs stuff.....

TitoMorelli
6/29/2011, 10:38 PM
I think I just discovered it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Rayburn1975.png

walkoffsooner
6/30/2011, 02:40 AM
there is no gay gene...
but it's not....
100% correct

Peach Fuzz
6/30/2011, 03:14 AM
pack your **** boys, this thread is gay

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 03:19 AM
there is no gay gene...
but it's not....

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that the "some people" who hope there is a gay gene are religious people who want a cure to fix them?

Or, are you saying that the "some people" are queers who want to make excuses for who they are and what they do?

Or, are you saying both of these groups are the "some people."

Regardless, I strongly disagree with you on any of these three possibilities.

There really are some queers who are well adjusted and confident. My "some people" include my friends who are doctors, lawyers, scientists, professors, entrepreneurs, accountants, economists. They don't want or need excuses or to be fixed.

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 03:28 AM
pack your **** boys, this thread is gay

Alright, who tipped you off? There must be a rat in this thread.

87sooner
6/30/2011, 07:26 AM
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that the "some people" who hope there is a gay gene are religious people who want a cure to fix them?

Or, are you saying that the "some people" are queers who want to make excuses for who they are and what they do?

Or, are you saying both of these groups are the "some people."

Regardless, I strongly disagree with you on any of these three possibilities.

There really are some queers who are well adjusted and confident. My "some people" include my friends who are doctors, lawyers, scientists, professors, entrepreneurs, accountants, economists. They don't want or need excuses or to be fixed.

it's called refusal to take personal responsibility for your own actions/behavior...
alcoholism is a disease......gambling is a disease.....homo is a gene....not....my.....fault....
nothing i can do about it...
God made me this way....it's HIS fault....

what if there is a murder gene? a pedophilia gene? a child abuse gene?

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 08:32 AM
it's called refusal to take personal responsibility for your own actions/behavior...
alcoholism is a disease......gambling is a disease.....homo is a gene....not....my.....fault....

In loose terms, there probably is.

It has been proven that there is a genetic pre-disposition for alcoholism, etc.

Are molar pregnancies, stillbirths, defects "God's fault?"

Isolating the single cause is impossible, it merely is stating that the cards are stacked against certain individuals at birth, and if they are environmentally "pushed" in the right direction they are probably going to be that way.

Even if a person has the "heart attack" gene they've got a pretty good shot if momma doesn't raise them on bacon and Fritos.

OUDoc
6/30/2011, 08:49 AM
If some medieval farmer can prove the world is round then I suspect we can find the gay gene.

Did you look under the couch?

OhU1
6/30/2011, 09:30 AM
In loose terms, there probably is.

It has been proven that there is a genetic pre-disposition for alcoholism, etc.

Are molar pregnancies, stillbirths, defects "God's fault?"

Isolating the single cause is impossible, it merely is stating that the cards are stacked against certain individuals at birth, and if they are environmentally "pushed" in the right direction they are probably going to be that way.

Even if a person has the "heart attack" gene they've got a pretty good shot if momma doesn't raise them on bacon and Fritos.

Meh, logic and sense on a message board.

47straight
6/30/2011, 09:33 AM

So you're saying they weren't born this way?

tator
6/30/2011, 09:34 AM
This thread will definitely end well

KABOOKIE
6/30/2011, 10:57 AM
Did you look under the couch?

No I did not. There was a stain on the cushion maybe we should take a sample?

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 11:04 AM

No. They could have been born that way. Things that effect human development start in the womb, like hormones, etc... That is considered part of their environment.

We just really have no idea.

EnragedOUfan
6/30/2011, 11:09 AM
I believe the possibility that people are born gay. I'm straight, married with kids, but what leads me to believe this is based on a show I saw many years ago and I can't recall the name.......It was a story about young kids that were gay. It even interviewed the kids and one of the gay kids couldn't have been older than 9 years old. Now, why/how could a kid turn gay? That's what I don't get, and that's why I think some people are just born gay....

In contrast, if a male is raised by only his mother and had only a feminine role modle, I can see the argument for him turning gay. Be even then, there are straight males raised only by their mothers that are not gay....

Ultimately, its a huge mystery.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 11:10 AM

There probably are genetic underpinnings to all of those... It could easily be just over/under expression of certain genes that have been affected during development.

Just as a thought experiment. There is probably a set of genes that has been selected for to be attracted to younger mates because they likely have more virility and could either bring you more babies or have a greater chance of getting you pregnant. You change some gene expression based on things that happen during your development (like say being abused or something) and now your genes are expressed in such a way that you are extremely attracted to younger partners and perhaps the genes that allow you to control your sexual urges or something like testosterone regulation are under-expressed. Chances are you are going to be a pedophile. And it may be irreversible. It may not.

87sooner
6/30/2011, 11:59 AM
I believe the possibility that people are born gay. I'm straight, married with kids, but what leads me to believe this is based on a show I saw many years ago and I can't recall the name.......It was a story about young kids that were gay. It even interviewed the kids and one of the gay kids couldn't have been older than 9 years old. Now, why/how could a kid turn gay? That's what I don't get, and that's why I think some people are just born gay....

In contrast, if a male is raised by only his mother and had only a feminine role modle, I can see the argument for him turning gay. Be even then, there are straight males raised only by their mothers that are not gay....

that's the sad part....
the homo is a product of one's environment at a very early age...

Peach Fuzz
6/30/2011, 12:00 PM

I think I might have seen something quite similar, documentary-type on HBO. The boy stated that he and his friend were around 9 and looking at a porn mag, to which he enjoyed the males more..(feel ****in gay typing this). anywho that would mean it's a choice, maybe lust or something. That predisposed too?

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 12:34 PM
I have never seen any proof that it is genetic and I'm tired of homosexuals using the civil rights movement of the 60's to justify their gay rights movement. BEING BLACK AND BEING GAY IS NOT THE SAME THING! One may have the propensity to be a scientists, a lawyer, a thief, a serial killer or a homosexual - just because you are born with those tendencies, does not make it right or wrong. But being Black, White, Asian, etc... is not a tendency.

PDXsooner
6/30/2011, 12:34 PM

I and most would agree. Yet, it's not your butthole, so why do you care?

Good question. But again, do you care? If it makes them happy then great.

PDXsooner
6/30/2011, 12:37 PM
I have never seen any proof that it is genetic and I'm tired of homosexuals using the civil rights movement of the 60's to justify their gay rights movement. BEING BLACK AND BEING GAY IS NOT THE SAME THING! One may have the propensity to be a scientists, a lawyer, a thief, a serial killer or a homosexual - just because you are born with those tendencies, does not make it right or wrong. But being Black, White, Asian, etc... is not a tendency.

Just curious, how do you know?

jk the sooner fan
6/30/2011, 12:42 PM
I and most would agree. Yet, it's not your butthole, so why do you care?

Good question. But again, do you care? If it makes them happy then great.

note to self.....PDX overly defends the buttsechs

be suspicious....

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 12:45 PM
Just curious, how do you know?

I just have not seen any proof. Being born gay is like saying someone is a born criminal or a born pedophile. Environment makes people that way - not a gene. Until they come up with some gene that shows that, it will be hard for me to believe.

3rdgensooner
6/30/2011, 12:54 PM
I just have not seen any proof. Being born gay is like saying someone is a born criminal or a born pedophile. Environment makes people that way - not a gene. Until they come up with some gene that shows that, it will be hard for me to believe.
People are born with predispositions such as being mellow, or intense, or high maintenance. Just spend some time in a nursery and notice how different the infants are.

Infants aren't born to be criminals, but their predispositions might make them more vulnerable to acting out in a risk-taking way. It is not just the environment.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 12:58 PM
People are born with predispositions such as being mellow, or intense, or high maintenance. Just spend some time in a nursery and notice how different the infants are.

Infants aren't born to be criminals, but their predispositions might make them more vulnerable to acting out in a risk-taking way. It is not just the environment.

That is my point, just as people are not born gay but their predispositions may make them more vulnerable to being gay. So I agree.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 01:00 PM

These possibly pre-determined behaviors are far more problematic than being born a certain "race" as well.

People get an out when they can strike what a person does as deviant and attempt to still hold some sort of elevated position. Not possible to do this for what a person looks like.

I guess unless they look like this:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Dunechaser/Music/village.people.jpg

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 01:02 PM
That is my point, just as people are not born gay but their predispositions may make them more vulnerable to being gay. So I agree.
No, I don't see your point.

Are you proposing that infants have control over their environment?

3rdgensooner
6/30/2011, 01:05 PM
That is my point, just as people are not born gay but their predispositions may make them more vulnerable to being gay. So I agree.But you said:

Environment makes people that way - not a gene.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 01:11 PM
But you said:

Environment makes those predispositions sprout and flourish.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 01:14 PM
No, I don't see your point.

Are you proposing that infants have control over their environment?

No - Infants do not have control over their environment. Pedophiles did not have control of their environment as an adolescent either.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 01:15 PM
Environment makes those predispositions sprout and flourish.

Remember when there used to be black people that were fit for books and others that were just labor quality?

Guess that was an environment argument, too.

87sooner
6/30/2011, 01:16 PM
No - Infants do not have control over their environment. Pedophiles did not have control of their environment as an adolescent either.

throw wife beater and child abuser in there as well..
unless we find a gene for those too...

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 01:17 PM

I think pedophiles should be able to get married.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 01:17 PM
throw wife beater and child abuser in there as well..
unless we find a gene for those too...

Do these folks have prohibitions placed upon their rights?

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 01:35 PM
Remember when there used to be black people that were fit for books and others that were just labor quality?

Guess that was an environment argument, too.

Yes, that comes from their environment. A young black child can be what ever he wants to be, from a scientist to a laborer - and their environment will lean them towards one or the other or both. But if a kid can not read it is because someone did not teach them - so yes - all environmental!

Condescending Sooner
6/30/2011, 01:55 PM
Do these folks have prohibitions placed upon their rights?

Seriously? Yeah, it's called prison.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 02:04 PM
Seriously? Yeah, it's called prison.

You can't get married in prison?

BTW, is being gay against the law?

Pedophiles enjoy all of the same rights as you and I until they break the law.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 02:14 PM
that's the sad part....
the homo is a product of one's environment at a very early age...

And potentially part of their genetic makeup and its interaction with that environment. Including in the womb when only one person is "interacting" with them. Its not just environment. and Its not just after they are born.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:18 PM
And potentially part of their genetic makeup and its interaction with that environment. Including in the womb when only one person is "interacting" with them. Its not just environment. and Its not just after they are born.

Environment can affect how the child is born as well. I think you are underestimating how powerful the environment is. Environment causes mutations!

87sooner

you may suspect something other than environment....but that doesn't make it true...
i believe you've admitted somewhere in this thread there is no genetic proof...

yankee
I'm convinced shakapoopoo is related to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Maybe both.

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 02:22 PM
It seems like we have already had this same discussion 20-30 times on this board.

For once, let's try to keep the discussion about consensual relationships between two human adults where nobody gets hurt, there are no victims and it is not illegal, well anymore.

Before anyone gets defensive, I realize that the thread discussion changed to genes and environment and propensity to a certain behavior. I do, however, very much object to any association of homosexuality with abhorrent criminal behavior such as pedophilia. However innocently those comments were made, and one by my good friend Fraggle, I really hate whenever this association of words pops up and it perpetuates, for the casual reader, such negative and ugly stereotypes which are not true.

...I'm tired of homosexuals using the civil rights movement of the 60's to justify their gay rights movement. BEING BLACK AND BEING GAY IS NOT THE SAME THING! ...

I can respect only this part of your post, Shakadoodoo. They are not the same. But, would you agree that by denying loving gay couples the same legal rights and privileges of heterosexual couples is an infringement on their civil rights? Or, do you believe that the Civil Rights movement already ended and there is no need to protect a smaller disenfranchised minority?

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:23 PM
I'm convinced shakapoopoo is related to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Maybe both.

You have been dying to say that huh? lol - I guess the civil rights opened the door for you to finally say that. Maybe I am related to them. That would be fine. My papa was a rolling stone - we might be related too!

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 02:25 PM
you may suspect something other than environment....but that doesn't make it true...
i believe you've admitted somewhere in this thread there is no genetic proof...

OMFG. NO PROOF! NO PROOF! PROVE IT! PROVE IT!

That's such a bull**** argument. Everyone around here stammers around asking for and demanding "proof." Proof is in the eye of the beholder. Especially if the "proof" doesnt tell you what you want to hear.

I said yes there hasnt been a direct link that has been shown between genetics and being gay. There has been shown numerous genetic inclinations that can interact with the environment for all other sorts of behaviors. Why would being gay be any different?

You dont have any proof that its just environment either. Can you prove it?

No you cant. Nanny nanny boo boo. Yay!

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 02:27 PM
It seems like we have already had this same discussion 20-30 times on this board.

For once, let's try to keep the discussion about consensual relationships between two human adults where nobody gets hurt, there are no victims and it is not illegal, well anymore.

Before anyone gets defensive, I realize that the thread discussion changed to genes and environment and propensity to a certain behavior. I do, however, very much object to any association of homosexuality with abhorrent criminal behavior such as pedophilia. However innocently those comments were made, and one by my good friend Fraggle, I really hate whenever this association of words pops up and it perpetuates, for the casual reader, such negative and ugly stereotypes which are not true.

I can respect only this part of your post, Shakadoodoo. They are not the same. But, would you agree that by denying loving gay couples the same legal rights and privileges of heterosexual couples is an infringement on their civil rights? Or, do you believe that the Civil Rights movement already ended and there is no need to protect a smaller disenfranchised minority?

Sorry Chuck :(. I wasnt trying to associate the two. I'll try to be more careful about the associations I choose to illustrate my examples in the future.

3rdgensooner
6/30/2011, 02:27 PM
You forgot neener neener

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 02:31 PM
You forgot neener neener

Good point. :O

Neener neener. So there.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:31 PM

They can fight for that all they want but the two do not coincide with each other. I am sure that the definition of civil rights will be broad enough to cover both but they need to stop making a correlation between the two because being black is much different from being gay. Being black is a physical trait or a genetic trait - not someones philosophical or moral or whatever "belief" system.

SpankyNek
6/30/2011, 02:39 PM
They can fight for that all they want but the two do not coincide with each other. I am sure that the definition of civil rights will be broad enough to cover both but they need to stop making a correlation between the two because being black is much different from being gay. Being black is a physical trait or a genetic trait - not someones philosophical or moral or whatever "belief" system.
I have a feeling that if there was genetic proof given tomorrow, that you would still hold your non-correlative position.

I could be wrong, though........

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:44 PM
I have a feeling that if there was genetic proof given tomorrow, that you would still hold your non-correlative position.

I could be wrong, though........

I will stand corrected if proof ever comes out that it is genetic!

Mjcpr
6/30/2011, 02:45 PM
I will stand erect if proof ever comes out that it is genetic!

Maybe in a few thousand years. :D

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 02:46 PM
I will stand corrected if proof ever comes out that it is genetic!

But you are just as biased as 87sooner. You have no proof its solely beliefs or environment or whatever. That's what makes you comfortable so that is the "proof" (or lack thereof) that you have decided to go with.

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe in a few thousand years. :D

I wish I could sue you for defamation of character for changing my comment like that.

87sooner
6/30/2011, 02:49 PM
But you are just as biased as 87sooner. You have no proof its solely beliefs or environment or whatever. That's what makes you comfortable so that is the "proof" (or lack thereof) that you have decided to go with.

when you have proof that a man's ***hole lubes naturally....i'll be convinced;)

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 02:51 PM

I have no definite proof that humans can't learn to fly either but until I SEE it I will stick with my theory!

87sooner
6/30/2011, 02:54 PM
I have no definite proof that humans can't learn to fly either but until I SEE it I will stick with my theory!

we are just genetically predispositioned to NOT fly....

Mjcpr
6/30/2011, 02:56 PM
when you have proof that a man's ***hole lubes naturally....i'll be convinced;)

87sooner, meet Mongo....Mongo, 87sooner.

Mongo
6/30/2011, 02:59 PM
87sooner, meet Mongo....Mongo, 87sooner.

you

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 03:01 PM

You know that I can respect that point of view. I can completely understand your frustration that something you find an abomination is equated to the 60s Civil Rights movement and the courage and sacrifices that helped change our society for the better. I get that and, as always, appreciate you reminding us.

On the other hand, I don't get the "Being black is a physical trait or a genetic trait - not someones philosophical or moral or whatever 'belief' system". I am sure you know that there are some really ugly philosophical/moral beliefs out there. I would assume that you are a little bit sensitive to it, or at least a little bit sympathetic. And, the stereotypes by just common people can be really mean and cruel. I am sure you know that.

That is why I have the courage to post in this thread. And, yeah it is 3am in the morning here (tomorrow holiday) and I am drunk.

The
6/30/2011, 03:03 PM
You know that I can respect that point of view. I can completely understand your frustration that something you find an abomination is equated to the 60s Civil Rights movement and the courage and sacrifices that helped change our society for the better. I get that and, as always, appreciate you reminding us.

On the other hand, I don't get the "Being black is a physical trait or a genetic trait - not someones philosophical or moral or whatever 'belief' system". I am sure you know that there are some really ugly philosophical/moral beliefs out there. I would assume that you are a little bit sensitive to it, or at least a little bit sympathetic. And, the stereotypes by just common people can be really mean and cruel. I am sure you know that.

That is why I have the courage to post in this thread. And, yeah it is 3am in the morning here (tomorrow holiday) and I am drunk.
http://i.imgur.com/mnGwK.png

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 03:10 PM

Like I said earlier - I do not agree with homosexuality but I would fight for the right for anyone to be what they want to be. That is why we love America. But I do not like hearing "Gay is the new Black" because being gay has nothing to do with being black.

If I were to say "being Liberal is the new Black" (because it seems like that here in the south oval sometimes) I am sure many Republicans here would say I am off my rocker. Because the two do not correlate. That is my only point.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 03:15 PM
81h5Yi-c-F0

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 03:24 PM
Like I said earlier - I do not agree with homosexuality but I would fight for the right for anyone to be what they want to be. That is why we love America. But I do not like hearing "Gay is the new Black" because being gay has nothing to do with being black.

If I were to say "being Liberal is the new Black" (because it seems like that here in the south oval sometimes) I am sure many Republicans here would say I am off my rocker. Because the two do not correlate. That is my only point.

I like that point, Shakadoodoo, and agree. I don't think that I have ever equated the two on this message board. I don't think any of my friends have either, but of course most of my friends are non-Americans.

So, we can agree to disagree and no hard feelings. Maybe some day we can drink a few beers together and laugh about this stuff.

KABOOKIE
6/30/2011, 04:15 PM
So is polygamy OK? Can equal protection apply to marriages of 3 consenting adults?

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 04:17 PM
So is polygamy OK? Can equal protection apply to marriages of 3 consenting adults?

If you call them Baby Mama's instead of your wife - Then it is fine!

On the serious side - If gay marriage is ok - then so should polygamy!

3rdgensooner
6/30/2011, 04:18 PM
IF ANY MARRIAGE IS FINE SO SHOULD ANY MARRIAGE!!! YEAAAAHHHHHH!

KABOOKIE
6/30/2011, 04:21 PM
If gay marriage is ok - then so should polygamy!

Yes but polygamy is a marriage of one man and multiple women. We can't have a group of thai boys getting married together. Yuck.

Thaumaturge
6/30/2011, 04:22 PM
If you call them Baby Mama's instead of your wife - Then it is fine!

On the serious side - If gay marriage is ok - then so should polygamy!

I've long argued that allowing any marriage in the first place was the beginning of the slippery slope to a man marrying a life-sized cardboard cutout of himself and other such absurdities.

Glad to have you as an ally.

87sooner
6/30/2011, 04:24 PM

this is not a legal thread....this is a scientific/genetic proof thread....
so if you're asking if there is a polygamy gene....
and at this point....the answer is still no...

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 04:25 PM
Yes but polygamy is a marriage of one man and multiple women. We can't have a group of thai boys getting married together. Yuck.

I know what Polygamy is. That seems to be more acceptable that Gay Marriage. Personally I would rather have One Wife and several concubines. I could not take more than woman talking noise to me!

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 04:27 PM

I dont give a ****. Why not? Whatever floats your boat. So long as you arent hurting anyone, why do I give a ****?

Monogamous relationships arent normal for most mammals, why should they be for humans? We should be more polygamous.

And why is the fall back for every gay argument about marriage, polygamy?

They arent even close to the same thing.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 04:30 PM
this is not a legal thread....this is a scientific/genetic proof thread....
so if you're asking if there is a polygamy gene....
and at this point....the answer is still no...

Actually there is... There's a whole bunch of them its called the y chromosome.

Males should be polygamous, we invest little in sperm and by being polygamous we can spread the most genetic material. Women typically want to be monogamous as this guarantees investment by males after the progeny is born. Except when they can get a better one with more resources then it would behoove her to either move to that male or take both of them if she can get away with it.

3rdgensooner
6/30/2011, 04:30 PM
Polyandry has potential.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 04:31 PM
Polyandry has potential.

Go for it baby. :P

Shakadoodoo
6/30/2011, 04:33 PM
Actually there is... There's a whole bunch of them its called the y chromosome.

Males should be polygamous, we invest little in sperm and by being polygamous we can spread the most genetic material. Women typically want to be monogamous as this guarantees investment by males after the progeny is born. Except when they can get a better one with more resources then it would behoove her to either move to that male or take both of them if she can get away with it.

You have to have a lot of money to support more than one wife! Women are expensive. The purpose of that in Africa was to have kids and work the land - but if you could not support more than one wife then it was forbidden in many societies.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 04:37 PM
You have to have a lot of money to support more than one wife! Women are expensive. The purpose of that in Africa was to have kids and work the land - but if you could not support more than one wife then it was forbidden in many societies.

If your dumb enough to make them all your wife, well then that's your problem.

KABOOKIE
6/30/2011, 05:16 PM

Bool****

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 05:30 PM
I like that old Rolling Stones song "Shattered"

xEdJBvt8Lk8&feature=fvwrel

Kabookie!
Shattered, shattered
Kabookie!
Shattered, shattered
Love and hope and sex and dreams
Are still surviving on the street
Look at me, I'm in tatters!
Kabookie!
I'm a shattered
Kabookie!
Shattered

Friends are so alarming
My lover's never charming
Life's just a cocktail party on the street
Big Apple
People dressed in plastic bags
Directing traffic
Some kind of fashion
Kabookie!
Shattered

Laughter, joy, and loneliness and sex and sex and sex and sex
Look at me, I'm in tatters
I'm a shattered
Kabookie!
Shattered

All this chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter, chitter-chatter 'bout
schmatte, schmatte, schmatte -- I can't give it away on 7th Avenue
This town's been wearing tatters (shattered, shattered)
Work and work for love and sex
Ain't you hungry for success, success, success, success
Does it matter? (Kabookie! Shattered) Does it matter?
Kabookie!
I'm shattered.
Shattered

Ahhh, look at me, I'm a shattered
I'm a shattered
Look at me- I'm a shattered, yeah

Pride and joy and greed and sex
That's what makes our town the best
Pride and joy and dirty dreams and still surviving on the street
And look at me, I'm in tatters, yeah
I've been battered, what does it matter
Does it matter, uh-huh
Does it matter, uh-huh, Kabookie! I'm a shattered

Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up
To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough!
You got rats on the west side
Bed bugs uptown
What a mess this town's in tatters Kabookie! I've been shattered
My brain's been battered, splattered all over Manhattan

Uh-huh, this town's full of money grabbers
Go ahead, bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
Kabookie!, my brain's been battered
My friends they come around they
Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
Pile it up, pile it high on the platter

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 07:10 PM

First of all, I really hate the "but what about ...", as a reason to deny the queers their rights. That is also very predictable in these threads.

Second, it is not so much a slippery slope because that is only granting equal legal rights to gay couples that is afforded to hetero couples. We could very easily stop there.

Third, American men could very easily have as many live-in partners as they want. And, more power to them if they can afford supporting that many women and progeny.

After all, as Fraggle pointed out, it is in the mammal genes for the dominant male to mate with as many females as possible.

Most importantly, all that the same-sex couples are asking for is equal protection under the law in such things as health decision rights, insurance, inheritance, marriage to a foreign national. That last one is a biggie for me and some of you already know that. You can very easily replace "marriage" with "civil union" if you like and I would be very happy.

It isn't so much as should you or can you, but the legal aspect of it.

Now, let's look at polygamy on a legal basis.

* Health decision rights - Okay if one legal wife wants to end life support and the other doesn't, who wins? I have no idea. What vote and majority rules?
* Insurance - Pretty big problem. I don't think US companies are in much of a mood to offer group coverage to multiple wives and numerous children. Private insurance would work but the man or woman would have to sufficient income or wealth.
* Inheritance - A bit tricky but doable.
* Marriage to foreign nationals - Another big problem. What would stop an American man from marrying a couple hundred foreign born wives with citizenship in exchange for money?

I ask you to please do not ruin this with convoluted arguments. I would really like to have the opportunity to live in my own home country with my life partner. Otherwise, I am exiled.

usmc-sooner
6/30/2011, 07:51 PM
I dont give a ****. Why not? Whatever floats your boat. So long as you arent hurting anyone, why do I give a ****?

Monogamous relationships arent normal for most mammals, why should they be for humans? We should be more polygamous.

They arent even close to the same thing.

its not about polygamy but two men wanting to screw each other.
The fall back wouldn't be about polygamy but anal sex which queers argue that straight people do all the time. My argument is prove it! where all these hordes of women that want to have something shoved up there ***?

Thaumaturge
6/30/2011, 08:07 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/David_von_Michelangelo.jpg/200px-David_von_Michelangelo.jpg

Go on. Say you aren't aroused.

You liar.

KABOOKIE
6/30/2011, 08:15 PM
First of all, I really hate the "but what about ...", as a reason to deny the queers their rights. That is also very predictable in these threads.

You can't make an argument for gay marriage and be against polygamy. They are one in the same as far as I am concerned.

Second, it is not so much a slippery slope because that is only granting equal legal rights to gay couples that is afforded to hetero couples. We could very easily stop there.

Why stop there? How about stopping at marriage is between a man and a woman? Why deny equal protection to other consenting adults?

Third, American men could very easily have as many live-in partners as they want. And, more power to them if they can afford supporting that many women and progeny.

The same logic says gay people can hump all they want. Just don't call it marriage.

After all, as Fraggle pointed out, it is in the mammal genes for the dominant male to mate with as many females as possible.

For heteros yes.

Most importantly, all that the same-sex couples are asking for is equal protection under the law in such things as health decision rights, insurance, inheritance, marriage to a foreign national. That last one is a biggie for me and some of you already know that. You can very easily replace "marriage" with "civil union" if you like and I would be very happy.

It isn't so much as should you or can you, but the legal aspect of it.

Now, let's look at polygamy on a legal basis.

* Health decision rights - Okay if one legal wife wants to end life support and the other doesn't, who wins? I have no idea. What vote and majority rules?
* Insurance - Pretty big problem. I don't think US companies are in much of a mood to offer group coverage to multiple wives and numerous children. Private insurance would work but the man or woman would have to sufficient income or wealth.
* Inheritance - A bit tricky but doable.
* Marriage to foreign nationals - Another big problem. What would stop an American man from marrying a couple hundred foreign born wives with citizenship in exchange for money?

I ask you to please do not ruin this with convoluted arguments. I would really like to have the opportunity to live in my own home country with my life partner. Otherwise, I am exiled.

Its funny how you desperately want equal protection for gays but its a darn slippery soap if we let those polygamist get away with marriage. Hell,they might marry furriners by the buttloads and bring them over here to the USofA. Fags will just do it one at a time. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 08:28 PM
^
http://img.listal.com/image/271228/600full-gangs-of-new-york-screenshot.jpg

jkjsooner
6/30/2011, 08:46 PM
There probably are genetic underpinnings to all of those... It could easily be just over/under expression of certain genes that have been affected during development.

Just as a thought experiment. There is probably a set of genes that has been selected for to be attracted to younger mates because they likely have more virility and could either bring you more babies or have a greater chance of getting you pregnant. You change some gene expression based on things that happen during your development (like say being abused or something) and now your genes are expressed in such a way that you are extremely attracted to younger partners and perhaps the genes that allow you to control your sexual urges or something like testosterone regulation are under-expressed. Chances are you are going to be a pedophile. And it may be irreversible. It may not.

One key here is that in the pedophilia case, the action of the person has a very negative impact on others. Whether the person was born with the tendency or not, society simply can't allow the behavior to take place. A person who engages in this behavior must be removed from society.

None of this applies to homosexuals and that's where the comparison fails.

PDXsooner
6/30/2011, 09:19 PM
OMFG. NO PROOF! NO PROOF! PROVE IT! PROVE IT!

That's such a bull**** argument. Everyone around here stammers around asking for and demanding "proof." Proof is in the eye of the beholder. Especially if the "proof" doesnt tell you what you want to hear.

I said yes there hasnt been a direct link that has been shown between genetics and being gay. There has been shown numerous genetic inclinations that can interact with the environment for all other sorts of behaviors. Why would being gay be any different?

You dont have any proof that its just environment either. Can you prove it?

In essence, this sums the whole thing up. There is no way to prove anything to someone that doesn't want to believe it. Prove that there's a god. Prove that there isn't. Prove that you love your kids. Prove that you aren't a closet homo.

I just don't get why some people are so concerned with what others stick in their butthole.

Chuck Bao
6/30/2011, 09:19 PM
You can't make an argument for gay marriage and be against polygamy. They are one in the same as far as I am concerned.

Why stop there? How about stopping at marriage is between a man and a woman? Why deny equal protection to other consenting adults?

The same logic says gay people can hump all they want. Just don't call it marriage.

Its funny how you desperately want equal protection for gays but its a darn slippery soap if we let those polygamist get away with marriage. Hell,they might marry furriners by the buttloads and bring them over here to the USofA. Fags will just do it one at a time. :rolleyes:

Dammit, I thought I just made a case for same-sex marriage/civil unions as opposed to legally recognizing polygamy and I was trying my best to be fair.

Is there something about life partner that you don't understand?

I didn't attack polygamists. I only stated that there are some legal problems which wouldn't be the case for same-sex couples.

I will not be baited into posting personal attacks. I have said what I wanted and I will just let that stand. You can roll your eyes all you want and that is fine by me. So, you don't approve and you have that right.

I am never intimidated or will back down. I learned a long time ago to have a pretty thick skin. Then, I am an Okie and pretty damn hard-headed.

Fraggle145
6/30/2011, 11:25 PM
its not about polygamy but two men wanting to screw each other.
The fall back wouldn't be about polygamy but anal sex which queers argue that straight people do all the time. My argument is prove it! where all these hordes of women that want to have something shoved up there ***?

Again with the "Prove it!" :rolleyes:

I know chicks who take it up the ***. One of them is one of my best friends and she does it all the time. I know 3 intimately that liked it up the ***. How much more proof do you want? I cant provide much more than I have screwed girls in the pooper and I know at least one other that I havent screwed in the pooper that likes it in the pooper.

Also there is a whole porn industry dedicated to girls getting it in the pooper. As this has become the norm in porn it has crept more and more into the hetero-bedroom. Also many girls that I know of in college and highschool take it in the pooper to avoid having sex before marriage! :eek: And they either like it right away or teach themselves to like it. There are tons of nerves in the anus that feel good to touch. Its one of the first pleasure centers you discover as an infant.

Thats all the "proof" I have for the moment...

87sooner
7/1/2011, 07:57 AM
In essence, this sums the whole thing up. There is no way to prove anything to someone that doesn't want to believe it. Prove that there's a god. Prove that there isn't. Prove that you love your kids. Prove that you aren't a closet homo.

I just don't get why some people are so concerned with what others stick in their butthole.

i'm not concerned...
but the homos aren't satisfied with legalizing same sex marriage....
they can't just keep it to themselves..
we have to have laws like this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/30/gay-history-in-califronia-schools-lesson-in-controversy/?test=latestnews

Chuck Bao
7/1/2011, 11:35 AM
i'm not concerned...
but the homos aren't satisfied with legalizing same sex marriage....
they can't just keep it to themselves..
we have to have laws like this...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/30/gay-history-in-califronia-schools-lesson-in-controversy/?test=latestnews

I am very much opposed to bills like that. I don't like re-writing the history books or teaching material just out of principle. I hope Shakadoodoo doesn't see it.

Now, I could accept a university elective class on gay history or even making it required for education majors so that they can more effectively counsel troubled or bullied gay students by giving them some great role models.

With that being said, I am opposed to your use of the word "they", 87sooner. There is no "they" or "we" or "us" or "them" that I know about. The gay community is as diverse as American society.

Just give me equal protection under the law and I promise to shut the **** up (on this topic anyway).

The
7/1/2011, 11:37 AM
http://themisfitpenguin.com/images/cartoon_gaymarriage.jpg

usmc-sooner
7/1/2011, 05:00 PM
Again with the "Prove it!" :rolleyes:

I know chicks who take it up the ***. One of them is one of my best friends and she does it all the time. I know 3 intimately that liked it up the ***. How much more proof do you want? I cant provide much more than I have screwed girls in the pooper and I know at least one other that I havent screwed in the pooper that likes it in the pooper.

Also there is a whole porn industry dedicated to girls getting it in the pooper. As this has become the norm in porn it has crept more and more into the hetero-bedroom. Also many girls that I know of in college and highschool take it in the pooper to avoid having sex before marriage! :eek: And they either like it right away or teach themselves to like it. There are tons of nerves in the anus that feel good to touch. Its one of the first pleasure centers you discover as an infant.

Thats all the "proof" I have for the moment...

I know most women I know say they don't like it and won't do it. Porn is just perversion fantasy. Damn you know alot about anal pleasure.

Mjcpr
7/1/2011, 05:08 PM
You aren't telling usmc anything about anus nerves that he hasn't known for years.

Mongo
7/1/2011, 05:09 PM
You aren't telling usmc anything about anus nerves that he hasn't known for years.

hell, they are practically destroyed

Mjcpr
7/1/2011, 05:10 PM
hell, they are practically destroyed

For the first 6 - 8", it is like Death Valley up in there.

Mongo
7/1/2011, 05:14 PM
when a stiff wind blow by usmc, his *** sounds like someone blowing over an empty beer bottle

usmc-sooner
7/3/2011, 11:10 AM
music

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/3/2011, 12:54 PM
Sheeyat... some of the gay chicks I see around Norman are an amino acid or two away from being a man anyway, so they might as well play the rolethat's siggy material there, fella!...for the right person, of course.