6/29/2011, 11:51 AM
lol AD was on another level

badger
6/29/2011, 11:59 AM
It's still amazing that osu didn't score:
2slbCwG76Cg

JLEW1818
6/29/2011, 12:00 PM
It's still amazing that NP did score .....

:D

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 12:01 PM
Awesome post. Thanks JLEW.

Shutouts are always fun, when you do it to the other team. Peterson was great that day. All they had to do was quick pitch and he would get the first down almost every time. Vince Young didn't know what he was doing. So many forced turnovers and sacks. A great day in Sooners history.

XFollower
6/29/2011, 12:03 PM
Man you look back at these and realize just how talented these guys were. Ah, is it football season yet?

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 12:10 PM
2slbCwG76Cg

I got excited when DeMarco leaped into the endzone from several yards out. But when Broyles returned that punt all the way for the TD, it was just pure joy. Some great plays that day as well. Two great videos.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/29/2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for posting. Greatest QB in UT history, maybe college football history. Top 5 RB in UT history, and they couldnt muster a field goal on us. That was brilliant defense that day.

TFSooner
6/29/2011, 12:28 PM
Two things:

It's still amazing that AD didn't score that game!!!!

The out-of-bounds hit on AD at about the 1:05 mark would twice be called a late hit on Colt in 08.

BoulderSooner79
6/29/2011, 12:30 PM
Very odd game in a series where anything can happen. I'm like jlew - still amazed they didn't score. They actually did a very good job defending us and shutting down JW. They had no answer for AD :D Still, if someone told me we would only score 12 points, I would have bet real money that the horns win.

Mississippi Sooner
6/29/2011, 12:31 PM
"They told us Cedric Benson was their hero,
That turkey laid an egg, and we stuffed em twelve to zero"

Longhorns Go Down Easy is still my favorite OU novelty song.

LakeRat
6/29/2011, 12:32 PM
I guess I had never realized this. At 6:00ish into this video maybe the dumbest thing a Stoops team has ever done.

I would like to understand why we would spike that ball with :14 seconds left on 3rd down? Why would we not at least throw a fade? I don't get it.

SoonerBacker
6/29/2011, 12:33 PM
2slbCwG76Cg

It's still amazing that the pregame announcer called Oklahoma State as a "tradition rich program!"

Sooner Among The Pack
6/29/2011, 12:34 PM
Oooh, this is fun.

It's still amazing that A&M didn't score. Not so much that we scored 77 in 3 quarters :)

8RFusarRmqw

The Maestro
6/29/2011, 12:35 PM
Go back to 1985 if you want scoreless streaks.

5 games in November.

Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Nebraska and OSU. Not one offensive touchdown scored on us in that five game period. Now THAT was amazing!

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 12:38 PM
Best Thread in a long time. Three great videos.

Breadburner
6/29/2011, 01:08 PM
"This kid impresses me more than Maurice Clarret"...Most intelligent thing I have heard an announcer say in a long time....

picasso
6/29/2011, 01:09 PM
It's still amazing that Sicem hasn't scored.

SunnySooner
6/29/2011, 01:10 PM
I was visiting some fambly in Georgia for Thanksgiving, their TV sucked, so my sister and I arranged with the guy who owned the bar with the big screen in town to let us watch the game there. He opened the place just for us, set us up with a little space heater (it was effin' cold) and some cold brews, and we had a blast. Just the two of us, laughing our beehinds off. The Broyles run-back was the piece-de-resistance. Poor aggies!!!! Bwaahahahahahah!!!! So much fun to rain on their parade. Again.

fwsooner22
6/29/2011, 01:13 PM
That was awesome Jlew and Badger. Thanks

Hot Rod
6/29/2011, 01:14 PM
"This kid impresses me more than Maurice Clarret"...Most intelligent thing I have heard an announcer say in a long time....

LOL, I was gonna post this as well. :D

JLEW1818
6/29/2011, 01:16 PM
I was visiting some fambly in Georgia for Thanksgiving, their TV sucked, so my sister and I arranged with the guy who owned the bar with the big screen in town to let us watch the game there. He opened the place just for us, set us up with a little space heater (it was effin' cold) and some cold brews, and we had a blast. Just the two of us, laughing our beehinds off. The Broyles run-back was the piece-de-resistance. Poor aggies!!!! Bwaahahahahahah!!!! So much fun to rain on their parade. Again.

yep, i was sitting in the section right where Ryan was running to,(section 23 diagonally running across the field). I was waving my arms at him to run faster, it seemed he was running straight for me. I think he saw me... :D

Cool moment

TahoeSOONER
6/29/2011, 01:48 PM
:eek:
I guess I had never realized this. At 6:00ish into this video maybe the dumbest thing a Stoops team has ever done.

I would like to understand why we would spike that ball with :14 seconds left on 3rd down? Why would we not at least throw a fade? I don't get it.

I remember cursing the TV and talking about the millions OU payed to the collective bunch on the sidelines and no one could come up with a hurry up play. Oh well, they sure earned it in the long run of that game hold * to a doughnut and been earning it ever sense.

NormanPride
6/29/2011, 01:57 PM
yep, i was sitting in the section right where Ryan was running to,(section 23 diagonally running across the field). I was waving my arms at him to run faster, it seemed he was running straight for me. I think he saw me... :D

Cool moment
Got ya beat. When we played CU in the B12 CCG in 2002 (the mulligan game), they had three separate attempts at field goals at our end. I was sitting in the end zone with the rest of the Pride, and kept telling the kicker to kick it to me since it would be wide right. He did it every time. I was shocked.

The Maestro
6/29/2011, 03:32 PM
Mentioned 1985 earlier. How about 1986? We shutout Minnesota, OSU, Iowa State, Missouri and Colorado. UCLA and Kansas each scored 3 points so that is 7 of 12 games without a touchdown allowed. And Arky in the Orange Bowl scored a TD on the last play of the game, if I am not mistaken. Only team to score over 20 on us was Miami.

Damn, I hate Miami from that era!

SoonerDood
6/29/2011, 05:16 PM
Going back and watching that, we didn't get a single break or a single call the whole game.

badger
6/29/2011, 05:27 PM
It's still amazing that the same ISU didn't score on us:
7zl1K9TCOIo
Went into Austin the very next week (after Mack told his team they needed to beat ISU by more than we did) and did this:
C6LAwMc0I5o

PS: You all got a kick out of it that the QB was named Austin Or Not too, didn't you?

PS: Found this little gem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxVQ_XszfeY&feature=related) while linking other video. NSFW, not safe for anyone that gets offended by bad words, really :D

BoulderSooner79
6/29/2011, 05:39 PM
Going back and watching that, we didn't get a single break or a single call the whole game.

Sweet! All the better.

GKeeper316
6/29/2011, 05:42 PM
ill take a shutout over a blowout every time.

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 06:16 PM
badger, you have posted some awesome videos today. Oh and I like the polls. Just saying.

BoulderSooner79
6/29/2011, 06:36 PM
ill take a shutout over a blowout every time.

I'd prefer to alternate them. Defense is cool, but I had a blast watching the 2nd half of '08 with the only question being "will we hit 60?".

Muno
6/29/2011, 06:50 PM
My memories from that UT game:

*AD was unbelievably good in that game. I loved it when he ran over Huff on that big run.
*I felt like we should have won that game by 4 touchdowns. We had a lot of missed opportunities.
*Derrick Johnson's interception was an absolute terrible call. Unfortunately we didn't have instant replay back then or it would have been overturned and we likely would have scored on that drive.

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2011, 10:30 PM
'Limas Sweed' has got to be one of the worst names in the history of.... names

goingoneight
6/29/2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks for posting. Greatest QB in UT history, maybe college football history. Top 5 RB in UT history, and they couldnt muster a field goal on us. That was brilliant defense that day.

Someone fire Brent Venables now! ;)

stoopified
6/29/2011, 10:52 PM
More incredible to me is that we didn't score more. It should have been 26 or 33-0.

goingoneight
6/29/2011, 10:56 PM
I agree that the "interception" was bogus and we probably get a FG on that drive at worst if they don't get a gift like that. But, oh well... we still won by 12 points. :D

MiccoMacey
6/30/2011, 08:08 AM
Mentioned 1985 earlier. How about 1986? We shutout Minnesota, OSU, Iowa State, Missouri and Colorado. UCLA and Kansas each scored 3 points so that is 7 of 12 games without a touchdown allowed. And Arky in the Orange Bowl scored a TD on the last play of the game, if I am not mistaken. Only team to score over 20 on us was Miami.

IIRC, in the book, The Bootlegger's Boy", Switzer said we were the only team ever to lead the nation three straight years in Total Defense (I believe it was the 85-87 seasons). We were ranked #1 in other defensive categories as well.

OUmillenium
6/30/2011, 09:05 AM
Its time I read Bootleggers boy again.

I am so ready for football season.

Boomer!

TopDawg
6/30/2011, 09:17 AM
It's still amazing that the pregame announcer called Oklahoma State as a "tradition rich program!"

Losing can be a tradition too.

Pricetag
6/30/2011, 09:46 AM
'Limas Sweed' has got to be one of the worst names in the history of.... names
We were calling him "The Sweed!" ala Heartbreak Ridge all day at the watch party for the game.

NMSooner'80
6/30/2011, 11:34 AM

I was at all the games that season ('86). OU didn't give up an offensive TD at home all year. K-State scored a TD, but it was on a punt block.

Don't forget, many "talking heads" from outside of Oklahoma kept saying that UCLA would beat OU because we couldn't handled their allegedly great passing game. And Minnesota suffered a 63-0 beatdown in Norman but beat the almighty Michigan Wolverines in Ann Arbor a couple of weeks later. Some folks may recall that some idiot from one of the major magazines said Michigan was the best team in the country in '85 at the end of that season. :confused: