PDA

View Full Version : Ty Taylor

TumbleweedDoom
6/29/2011, 11:13 AM
OU just signed Ty Taylor, a pitcher from Weatherford College. He was 9-1 with a 2.23 ERA last season. He was the number 2 starter on a pretty good team. Sounds like he might be a good addition ... not a superstar or anything, but a good arm to have in the mix.

oldtimer
6/29/2011, 07:56 PM
Appears Sunny replaced Nick Lee with another LHP pitcher Taylor from Weatherford. Indy's been busy and hasn't shown Lee's name as being signed with the Nationals yet.

IndySooner
6/29/2011, 09:26 PM
Appears Sunny replaced Nick Lee with another LHP pitcher Taylor from Weatherford. Indy's been busy and hasn't shown Lee's name as being signed with the Nationals yet.

Lee just went bold within the past day or two on Baseball America. I swear I checked it yesterday, but I have been wrong before.

perryj
6/30/2011, 08:30 AM
I checked it in the last couple of days as well. I'm guessing Taylor came about when Lee informed coaches he was signing. He should be a quality arm out of the bullpen or possibly even a mid-week guy.

bcolston15
6/30/2011, 08:52 AM
Losing Lee hurts, he would've been in the weekend rotation. This Taylor kid is a Collazo type guy at best I think.

oldtimer
6/30/2011, 11:45 AM
Confused as to how many LHPs Sunny thinks he'll really need next year. My count is we'll have (5) -- Overton, John, Shambaugh, Gibson, and now Taylor.

One would think he'd cut his losses on Gibson and go after some new quality RHP, and a closer. Without those additions this fall, we're going to spiral for sure. Doesn't look good that many of his top fall signees will hit campus either. Sunny's focus is obviously on a new pitching coach right now which leaves Tadlock as the lone wolf searching for pitchers. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed...

TumbleweedDoom
6/30/2011, 01:05 PM
Don't count on one of those lefties you mentioned coming back.

BoomerJack
6/30/2011, 03:00 PM
Confused as to how many LHPs Sunny thinks he'll really need next year. My count is we'll have (5) -- Overton, John, Shambaugh, Gibson, and now Taylor.

I've also heard that LHP Fisher from Connors State is supposed to be on campus this fall as well.

bcolston15
6/30/2011, 04:24 PM

One would think he'd cut his losses on Gibson and go after some new quality RHP, and a closer. Without those additions this fall, we're going to spiral for sure. Doesn't look good that many of his top fall signees will hit campus either. Sunny's focus is obviously on a new pitching coach right now which leaves Tadlock as the lone wolf searching for pitchers. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Damien Magnifico is my early bet for closer. Possibly Kindle Ladd.

hvhurricane
6/30/2011, 05:36 PM
Damien Magnifico is my early bet for closer. Possibly Kindle Ladd.

If we go into the year thinking Ladd is our closer or that we are expecting Gibson to be in the rotation then we are in big trouble. Ladd might be able to help out of the pen. I don't think you can ever have too many LH's on the staff, but I have about given up on Gibson, especially when you consider how many guys SG is going to play. He has gone to the Augie theory and only uses about 7 guys total. The bottom two of those barely see any action, i.e. Callazo. I don't like coaches telling a player to leave, though. If a coach makes an evaluation mistake, they should have to live with it, IMO. If a kid decides to leave on his own because he isn't going to play then that is another subject all together.

bcolston15
6/30/2011, 05:47 PM
If we go into the year thinking Ladd is our closer or that we are expecting Gibson to be in the rotation then we are in big trouble. Ladd might be able to help out of the pen. I don't think you can ever have too many LH's on the staff, but I have about given up on Gibson, especially when you consider how many guys SG is going to play. He has gone to the Augie theory and only uses about 7 guys total. The bottom two of those barely see any action, i.e. Callazo. I don't like coaches telling a player to leave, though. If a coach makes an evaluation mistake, they should have to live with it, IMO. If a kid decides to leave on his own because he isn't going to play then that is another subject all together.

Did Rocha have much success in his first two seasons? Granted, he had more than Gibson, but the jump he made in his final season should be reason enough not to give up on a kid. Especially one with the type of stuff Gibby has.

SG always talks about Gibson when speaking about next year's staff.

hvhurricane
6/30/2011, 06:21 PM
Did Rocha have much success in his first two seasons? Granted, he had more than Gibson, but the jump he made in his final season should be reason enough not to give up on a kid. Especially one with the type of stuff Gibby has.

Honestly, comparing what Rocha did with what RG has done in his first two years is like comparing night and day. Gibson has not shown the ability to get any RH's out. Maybe if he goes to the Cape and completely changes his arm angle against RH's he can make a move. SG may talk about him now, but that really only means he likes RG. He may want him to succeed, but he didn't even give him some garbage innings at the end of the year.

Sooner11JK
7/1/2011, 09:25 PM

Rocha had the complete game 1-hit shutout of Tennessee down in Houston.