PDA

View Full Version : BIg XII Top Defensive Coaches

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 12:21 AM
Top 10 Big XII Defensive Position Coaches (http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/2011/jun/26/they-have-added-stopping-power-big-12-has-plenty/?sports)

3. Brent Venables, Oklahoma linebackers: Each of Bob Stoops’ defensive assistants merits consideration on this list, notably longtime aides Bobby Jack Wright and Jackie Shipp. Venables gets the nod for his assembly-line consistency for developing star linebackers, Travis Lewis being the latest.

7. Willie Martinez, Oklahoma secondary: The former Georgia defensive coordinator found new life on Stoops’ OU staff, rebuilding a secondary that included All-American safety Quinton Carter, nickelback Tony Jefferson, the Big 12 defensive freshman of the year, cornerback Jamell Fleming, who led the league in passes defended, and up-and-coming corner Demontre Hurst.

madillsoonerfan5353
6/29/2011, 07:39 AM
I think BV got the shaft a little, year in and year out we prolly have the best lb's in the Big??. I have seen marked improvement out of the db's as well, hats off to WM! JMHO

:gary:

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/29/2011, 10:17 AM
Imagine that, a Missouri newpaper putting their dline coach at #2. I can agree on Akina being ahead of Brent, but come on, not Kuligowski.

madillsoonerfan5353
6/29/2011, 11:01 AM
Imagine that, a Missouri newpaper putting their dline coach at #2. I can agree on Akina being ahead of Brent, but come on, not Kuligowski.

THIS^^^^^^

IronHorseSooner
6/29/2011, 06:42 PM
IMHO, any list like that without Coach Shipp is useless!

Okie35
6/30/2011, 01:21 AM

Yea I was about to say the same.