PDA

View Full Version : Mackey McNear commercials on WWLS are the worst...

Soonerus
6/28/2011, 11:40 PM
...most pathetically scripted commercials in the history of tv/radio ever...

OhU1
6/29/2011, 12:15 AM
Mackey sounds like a combination of Winnie the Pooh and James the Marvel.

As much as I hate the McNear spots I absolutely can't stand Dean Blevins and "The Rosser" with their fake "off the cuff" banter. :eddie:

Peach Fuzz
6/29/2011, 12:59 AM
it's a ****in BAR not a brrrr... they make Vet look like a Harvard professor. :D

sooner59
6/29/2011, 01:29 AM
Looks like this thread is in need of an Ozarka water break!

OU Engineer
6/29/2011, 08:30 AM
I will venture to say that almost anything on WWLS is the worst _______ in the history of tv/radio...

Just bad sports radio, terrbile hosts and too many commercials.

The
6/29/2011, 08:32 AM

As much as I hate the McNear spots I absolutely can't stand Dean Blevins and "The Rosser" with their fake "off the cuff" banter. :eddie:

+1.

batonrougesooner
6/29/2011, 08:34 AM
New cars, used cars, yeah we got 'em....

Everytime I hear that freaking commercial I change the station. Quickly.

The
6/29/2011, 08:35 AM

That chick gets me hard.

SoonerHoops
6/29/2011, 09:29 AM
LET"S GO!!!

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2011, 09:35 AM

God, that 'Rosser' schtick makes me want to go to Interurban and strangle both those guys

But the real issue is: Why do you guys hate Bobbie Burburidge-Lane?? :D

soonervegas
6/29/2011, 09:53 AM
God, that 'Rosser' schtick makes me want to go to Interurban and strangle both those guys

Worst by far. I'll take bad poduction over manufactured "hipness" any day.

GDC
6/29/2011, 10:02 AM
I will venture to say that almost anything on WWLS is the worst _______ in the history of tv/radio...

Just bad sports radio, terrbile hosts and too many commercials.

Especially if Craig Humphries is involved.

Lott's Bandana
6/29/2011, 10:19 AM

As soon as I hear that drum machine thump, thump...

OhU1
6/29/2011, 10:36 AM

But the real issue is: Why do you guys hate Bobbie Burburidge-Lane?? :D

"The Rosser" and Deano. Two "good friends" sharing a meal and light hearted whitty chat. http://malcontent.typepad.com/malcontent/images/ace_gary_1.jpg

During the Atkins diet fad the Rosser would interject "Low carbs Dean!" into the mix and he might inquire how Deano kept his girlish figure.

Don't get me started on Bobbie Burbridge.

Soonerus
6/29/2011, 11:26 AM
You are right all of those are horrible...

okie52
6/29/2011, 11:27 AM
Especially if Craig Humphries is involved.

Absolutely!!!!

Sooner Tri
6/29/2011, 11:35 AM

+1,000,000

SoonerStormchaser
6/29/2011, 11:41 AM
Why are you morans even still listening to SA? You're enabling their ****tiness by merely tuning in! Jeez!

Jammin'
6/29/2011, 11:44 AM
Have irs issues? Hire an Oklahoma attorney....

Taxman71
6/29/2011, 02:39 PM
Those other guys are yardbirds..............

TheBobbyTrain
6/29/2011, 03:22 PM

those commercials are the reason why i will never buy anything from Norman Chrysler Jeep & Dodge

batonrougesooner
6/29/2011, 04:39 PM
The irony is that I don't even know who the dealership is. I never listen long enough.

I can probably say that about most car commercials. They're so damned annoying that I just tune out.

mgsooner
6/29/2011, 04:45 PM
Listening to Pat Jones talk about "Golden Flake Cheeyips" is pretty annoying.

Jammin'
6/29/2011, 04:50 PM
Listening to Pat Jones talk is pretty annoying.

Fixed and agreed. (and I'll get blasted for this but here goes) He and Switzer just ramble on like my mother-in-law, talking about people no one really knows and jumping all over the place while trying to tell a story that doesn't actually relate to the conversation. I can take a little of it because I like Switz (and Jones for that matter) but I don't want to listen to a whole lot of it. I'd like Jones more if he was on only occasionally telling his stories from the old days.

mgsooner
6/29/2011, 04:59 PM
Fixed and agreed. (and I'll get blasted for this but here goes) He and Switzer just ramble on like my mother-in-law, talking about people no one really knows and jumping all over the place while trying to tell a story that doesn't actually relate to the conversation. I can take a little of it because I like Switz (and Jones for that matter) but I don't want to listen to a whole lot of it. I'd like Jones more if he was on only occasionally telling his stories from the old days.

My favorite Pat Jonesism is "well quite honestly I only actually watched about 5 minutes of it". It seems like regardless of what sporting event they're talking about that doesn't involve college football, his pat response (pun intended) is "I only watched about 5 minutes of it". I really hope they're not paying him very much to come on and talk out of his @$$ for 3-4 hours a day.

OhU1
6/29/2011, 07:13 PM
I like Pat Jones. He is a man who never completes a sentence - he talks in paragraphs. Jones amuses me with his hillbilly steam of consciousness takes.

He's a lot like Boomhauer from "King of the Hill" - lots of non sequiturs but at the end he somehow ties it together and makes it funny.

That being said, the man could probably induce insanity or schizophrenia if you had to listen to him for long.