PDA

View Full Version : we really did beat the crap outta FSU last year

JLEW1818
6/28/2011, 09:25 PM
first time to watch the highlights since the game.

5zzxKswpRFY

CatfishSooner
6/28/2011, 09:33 PM
sho did...

SoonerMom2
6/28/2011, 09:34 PM
We sure did -- game was AWESOME especially when you have a good friend who is a FSU grad! :)

SoonerofAlabama
6/28/2011, 09:35 PM
We will miss DeMarco Murray, obviously. I imagine in the Tulsa game the dump-off passes won't work as well early on then we will solve that problem later in the game since their defense is terrible, definitely will have a RB that can catch the quick pass somewhere in the committee of ours.

BoulderSooner79
6/28/2011, 09:36 PM
This year's contest could be more important (I hope).

JLEW1818
6/28/2011, 09:37 PM
This year's contest could be more important (I hope).

yes, and much more closer

silverwheels
6/28/2011, 09:50 PM
Man, their pass defense was terrible.

goingoneight
6/28/2011, 09:59 PM
FSU wasn't terrible. In fact, they did about as good as anyone's done the last few years in Norman who can't run the ball on OU's defense. Seriously, it's hard to imagine anyone winning in Norman right now. Even the teams that come close can't come up with answers to our home game magic (like Broyles converting on like 3rd and 40-something and Curtis Lofton getting a freebie touchdown because Chase Daniel is an idiot.

From what I've seen, if OU has an answer to stopping an opponent's run game, they can beat ANYONE in Norman the way they play there. I don't see anyone from a year ago that if OU plays the run well like they normally do beating us once we shook off the early season 4th quarter problems. And we've been dominant in Norman for years now. It's almost the safest best in college football. In fact, I made a **** ton of money in 2008 when all of my uneducated non-Sooner fan friends bet against OU in the TCU, Kansas and Tech games. I said OU would win all of them running away. They thought I was crazy... I just let them keep stacking up their dead presidents. They either called me "lucky" or made up some kinda excuse... all the while ignoring OU's record at home under Stoops and average margin of victory.

Partial Qualifier
6/28/2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah as I watch this again, FSU didnt look very well coached. Maybe just because it was only the 2nd game of the season and we were so vanilla vs. Utah State, but still. Looked like they had no idea what to expect all afternoon

Fraggle145
6/28/2011, 10:10 PM
I know. I was surprised how bad the beating was when I watched it again.

AND WE CALLED OFF THE DOGS.

Can you imagine what it was like when they watched that film? :eek:

Partial Qualifier
6/28/2011, 10:15 PM
Can you imagine what it was like when they watched that film? :eek:

"Uh as you can see here, uhh......."

"Well, this is actually....."

"I guess.. uh.. anyone got any questions? No?"

delhalew
6/28/2011, 11:18 PM
That was a prison rape.

tnraider1
6/28/2011, 11:52 PM
Yeah, we cashed it in and tried to run out the clock and they were still throwing bombs like they still had a chance with under a minute left.

GKeeper316
6/29/2011, 12:18 AM
i hear they been liftin weights and runnin sprints all summer long.

sendbaht
6/29/2011, 04:15 AM
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Osce0la
6/29/2011, 06:27 AM
Yeah as I watch this again, FSU didnt look very well coached. Maybe just because it was only the 2nd game of the season and we were so vanilla vs. Utah State, but still. Looked like they had no idea what to expect all afternoon

this was my feeling throughout the game. we were still learning a new scheme. the secondary got better as the season progressed, and i expect them to be much better this fall. good luck 9/17 Sooners! ive been looking forward to this one.

CBUS_SOONER
6/29/2011, 06:41 AM
We gonna have our hands full this yr fo sho

sooner518
6/29/2011, 06:56 AM
FSU wasn't terrible. In fact, they did about as good as anyone's done the last few years in Norman who can't run the ball on OU's defense. Seriously, it's hard to imagine anyone winning in Norman right now. Even the teams that come close can't come up with answers to our home game magic (like Broyles converting on like 3rd and 40-something and Curtis Lofton getting a freebie touchdown because Chase Daniel is an idiot.

From what I've seen, if OU has an answer to stopping an opponent's run game, they can beat ANYONE in Norman the way they play there. I don't see anyone from a year ago that if OU plays the run well like they normally do beating us once we shook off the early season 4th quarter problems. And we've been dominant in Norman for years now. It's almost the safest best in college football. In fact, I made a **** ton of money in 2008 when all of my uneducated non-Sooner fan friends bet against OU in the TCU, Kansas and Tech games. I said OU would win all of them running away. They thought I was crazy... I just let them keep stacking up their dead presidents. They either called me "lucky" or made up some kinda excuse... all the while ignoring OU's record at home under Stoops and average margin of victory.

Unless we are playing Utah state. ;)

Hot Rod
6/29/2011, 07:16 AM
Love the way Broyles owns that DB on that slant-and-go pattern for the 2nd TD.

boomersooner28
6/29/2011, 07:34 AM
Their DB's weren't physical AT ALL. If something hasn't changed real quick in Tallahassee, we're gonna steam roll'em again. Landry can only be better.

MojoRisen
6/29/2011, 07:54 AM
The FSU team that beat South Carolina in the bowl game was far improved from the one that got rolled in Norman.

No way our boys don't get pumped up for a Prime Time top 10 Matchup - you would think.

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2011, 08:51 AM
Their DB's weren't physical AT ALL. If something hasn't changed real quick in Tallahassee, we're gonna steam roll'em again. Landry can only be better.

Hard to be physical when you're 7 yards away from the receiver as he catches the ball

I agree with everyone else ( including Oscola :) ) indicating this will be a much tougher test this year. FSU got much better as the year went on

yankee
6/29/2011, 09:02 AM
Hard to be physical when you're 7 yards away from the receiver as he catches the ball

I agree with everyone else ( including Oscola :) ) indicating this will be a much tougher test this year. FSU got much better as the year went on

Except there's no Christian Ponder.

JLEW1818
6/29/2011, 09:14 AM
Jimbo didn't look too happy

PrideMom
6/29/2011, 09:22 AM
I needed that! I have the most boring job in the world, and I can't wait for football. Florida State was much better at the end of the year, OU better be ready fro them in Florida......

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2011, 09:31 AM
I needed that! I have the most boring job in the world, and I can't wait for football. Florida State was much better at the end of the year, OU better be ready fro them in Florida......

You dang dong right they better be ready ;)

Boring job? POST MORE OFTEN!! :D

SunnySooner
6/29/2011, 11:11 AM
Really interested to see how DeJuan Miller looks this year, he was on to something last year when he got hurt. Him, Broyles, Stills,Hanna...can't wait to watch LJ throw some long balls to these guys, we gots weapons.

I'm also nervous as hell about this game. We've lost the last 2 I've attended in person (Miami and RRS in '09). I hope I'm not cursed. Maybe I should sacrifice a chicken or something just in case.

Breadburner
6/29/2011, 11:15 AM
Except there's no Christian Ponder.

There wasn't one in Norman last year either....:D

The Maestro
6/29/2011, 11:22 AM
Love the way Broyles owns that DB on that slant-and-go pattern for the 2nd TD.

That's Greg Reid. Their stud. Who claims to be thinking about us every day. Keep thinking, Greg...it's coming again.

JLEW1818
6/29/2011, 11:27 AM
i poop on Reid

bettersoonerthenlater
6/29/2011, 11:57 AM
Really interested to see how DeJuan Miller looks this year, he was on to something last year when he got hurt. Him, Broyles, Stills,Hanna...can't wait to watch LJ throw some long balls to these guys, we gots weapons.

I'm also nervous as hell about this game. We've lost the last 2 I've attended in person (Miami and RRS in '09). I hope I'm not cursed. Maybe I should sacrifice a chicken or something just in case.

im with you i cant wait he was starting to break out last year before the injury cant wait to see how our WR look.

I bet bob will never let mark forget this *** kickin, welcome to the big leagues little bro!

you should for sure sacrifice a chicken! also idk that they can really be much better this year then last obviously they will be more experienced but they did lose the starting qb. They have a ton of young talent kinda like we did last year! i think we beat them by 21!

Mississippi Sooner
6/29/2011, 12:49 PM
I would only add that HolaKyle's video editing skills are incredible.

SoonerofAlabama
6/29/2011, 12:54 PM
I would only add that HolaKyle's video editing skills are incredible.

yep. He makes great videos every time. I have yet to see a bad one by him.