PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart & Herman Cain

CrimsonCream
6/28/2011, 02:35 PM
Where is the Media outrage of Jon Stewart mocking Herman Cain in an Amos & Andy voice?

It is alright for the fringe Loon Left to call somebody on the Right a racist but nary a word is said the other way.

Jammin'
6/28/2011, 02:38 PM
Where is the Media outrage of Jon Stewart mocking Herman Cain in an Amos & Andy voice?

It is alright for the fringe Loon Left to call somebody on the Right a racist but nary a word is said the other way.

Are you talking about the show on Comedy Central?

The
6/28/2011, 02:39 PM
Are you talking about the show on Comedy Central?

The one that's hosted by a comedian?

Curly Bill
6/28/2011, 02:44 PM

What a dumb question.

CrimsonCream
6/28/2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah, that's just it.

They offend then defend as being just a comedian.

3rdgensooner
6/28/2011, 02:53 PM

It is alright for the fringe Loon Left to call somebody on the Right a racist but nary a word is said the other way.I have not seen last night's episode yet, but I will watch it.

What are you using as an example of the fringe Loon left calling somebody on the Right racist, so that I can have a frame of reference for comparison.

The
Yeah, that's just it.

You're just wound too tight.

Jammin'
Yeah, that's just it.

Turn it back over to Fox then. If you need help working the remote pm shamp.

CrimsonCream
6/28/2011, 02:59 PM
You're just wound too tight.

Possibly.

It is all the lying, double dealing, corrupt and unethical bullsh*t from this Administration. Yet, there is very little Media coverage of it.

The
6/28/2011, 03:00 PM
Possibly.

It is all the lying, double dealing, corrupt and unethical bullsh*t from this Administration. Yet, there is very Media coverage of it.

Yes, very.

Did you hear that we're all going to have to get gay married in a mosque now? That just boils my goat.

3rdgensooner
6/28/2011, 03:01 PM
Yes, very.

Did you hear that we're all going to have to get gay married in a mosque now? That just boils my goat.Not if we abort all the gay infants.

Jammin'
6/28/2011, 03:01 PM
Boiled goat is delicious. Not as great as pan fried, but damn good.

The
6/28/2011, 03:02 PM
Not if we abort all the gay infants.

And tards.

Mississippi Sooner
6/28/2011, 03:02 PM
Nothing beats a pan fried baby.

Curly Bill
6/28/2011, 03:06 PM
Nothing beats a pan fried baby.

Ever put one on the smoker for 6-8 hours? Awfully tender and nice smoke ring.

CrimsonCream
6/28/2011, 03:10 PM
What are you using as an example of the fringe Loon left calling somebody on the Right racist, so that I can have a frame of reference for comparison.

Lets go with this small example.

Obama Should Tell Liberals to Stop Calling Conservatives Racist

By Aaron Goldstein, on September 23rd, 2009

Dave Matthews knows who you are, and he knows you are racist.
Let me begin with a few words of praise for President Obama.

I was pleased to hear President Obama publicly state that his race "isn't the overriding issue" after former President Jimmy Carter and others had suggested that racism was driving opposition to Obama's policies.

There is, of course, the question of whether race is an issue in any way, shape or form where it concerns President Obama. But the fact Obama made a point of publicly expressing a differing point of view from Carter and other liberals was most welcome.

Perhaps Obama felt the need to speak out after being chastened from his ill-advised intervention in the matter of Professor Gates, Sgt. Crowley and the Cambridge Police Department this past July.

Whatever his reasons it was a good start. Yet as with all good starts it isn't nearly enough. When blogging about the President's remarks I made this observation:

He should have told liberals to refrain from calling conservatives racist. Because I believe it is only a matter of time before another liberal is going to accuse a conservative of racism because he or she has the temerity to disagree with President Obama.

Sure enough scarcely 72 hours had passed before rock icon Dave Matthews, in an interview with CNN, proclaimed those who saw things differently from President Obama are, in fact, racist:

There's a good population of people in this country that are terrified of the president only because he's black, even if they don't say it. And I think a lot of them, behind closed doors, do say it.

Maybe I'm paranoid about it, but I don't think someone who disagreed as strongly as they do with Obama -- if it was Clinton -- would have stood up and screamed at him during his speech. [Shakes his head] I don't think so.

SpankyNek
6/28/2011, 03:10 PM
Gay baby is the best (I hear that we might be able to get these cheaper, once parents get to cull out the monstrosities)

SpankyNek
6/28/2011, 03:13 PM
And if you can't get a gay one, simply get a straight one and some Liberace records. Play them for 8 hours and add a dash of angst.

Presto!

Gay baby (YUM-O)

mgsooner
6/28/2011, 03:42 PM
As you're watching Jon Stewart, look down in the bottom corner of the screen. There a graphic that indicates that the name of the television station is Comedy Central. That should be your first indication to not take anything said all that seriously.

NormanPride
6/28/2011, 03:46 PM
Doesn't he use that voice for everyone?

JohnnyMack
6/28/2011, 03:50 PM
And if you can't get a gay one, simply get a straight one and some Liberace records. Play them for 8 hours and add a dash of angst.

Presto!

Gay baby (YUM-O)

It's the wagyu beef of baby.

Jammin'
6/28/2011, 03:53 PM
I'm slowing working my way through last night's episode and noticed Jon bashing Obama at teh 5 min mark for not standing up for gay marriage on a national level. Just an FYI.

soonercoop1
6/28/2011, 04:32 PM
The one that's hosted by a comedian?

Where liberals get their news?

Jammin'
6/28/2011, 04:33 PM
Where young liberals get their news?

I'm not that young.

The
6/28/2011, 04:33 PM
Where young liberals get their news?

Whar birf cetificate, WHAR???

mgsooner
6/28/2011, 04:45 PM
Where do the old liberals get their news?

3rdgensooner
6/28/2011, 04:49 PM
Where liberals get their news?Liberals don't need no stinkin news source! News is for pansies.

NormanPride
6/28/2011, 04:51 PM
But I thought every media outlet but FOX was liberal? If that's the case, then why get your news from a comedy show when you could get more comprehensive coverage from any of the 5 brazilian channels that dedicate themselves to news?

Condescending Sooner
6/28/2011, 04:55 PM
I'm slowing working my way through last night's episode and noticed Jon bashing Obama at teh 5 min mark for not standing up for gay marriage on a national level. Just an FYI.

Did he use a black accent?

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 04:57 PM
Stewart does ethnic voices of folks all the time. It's always the black ones that get pissed off and claim racism. However the funny thing is....until he took on Fox...it has never been brought up. Rush Limbaugh and the Ditto-heads and a bunch of FOX Supporters are suddenly taking this to The Daily Show IMO.

I funniest thing is that The Daily Shows ratings continue to rise as most of America are so sick of what's going on that they are looking for a reason to laugh instead of listen to some loud mouths opinion. You can't hardly get any real news anymore unless you tune into the Media Outlets at 5-6 PM everyday and then it's really just a summation of what has taken place all day.

He and a couple of the Black Faux Reporters on his Show "Wyatt Cenac and Larry Wilmore" have both been baiting this for awhile IMO. Jon has done plenty of the Gospel Singers telling folks to F.O. for awhile.

FOX is just trying to take him to task on it instead of admit they aren't Fair and Balanced.

Jammin'
6/28/2011, 05:02 PM
Did he use a black accent?

only for half of the words.

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 05:05 PM
They said he went "AMOS AND ANDY" when talking about Cain.

Penguin
6/28/2011, 05:08 PM
Am I a racist for reading this thread?

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 05:54 PM

Depends on who caught you.

Serenity Now
6/28/2011, 06:38 PM
I watched it. I didn't notice it. He poured it on chris matthews. Funny stuff.

AlboSooner
6/28/2011, 08:45 PM
Comedians are incapable of being racist, especially those who lean Democrat.

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 09:13 PM
It's amazing how republican you can be if FOX pays you to write some funny stuff about the unbalanced bunch to racists that are dirty liberal scumbags.....lol

http://www.foxnews.com/ucat/images/134862_dennis_miller.jpg

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 09:15 PM
Then it's amazing how much support MSNBC will give you once the fair and balanced bunch decides you are hurting their cause....

http://cdn8.wn.com/vp/i/5f/6ddd346f690c68.jpg

hawaii 5-0
6/28/2011, 09:16 PM
Stewart is a comedian.

He makes jokes. Don't laugh if you don't get it.

Here in Hawaii everyone is very race conscious. Everyone makes fun of everyone else. It helps to smile when the punchline is delivered.
The Portagee is lowest on the ladder.

5-0

Trump/ DeLima 2012

AlboSooner
6/28/2011, 09:21 PM
I am a fan of JS, but he holds a position which helps him tremendously, and enables him to escape some criticism. He will make a political point and he expects change from it, and certainly the things he says are more than mere comedy. However, when he messes up he can cover his tracks with "But I'm a comedian on Comedy Central, whose lead-in are puppets making crank calls."

When he wanted political change for the NY firefighter law, he didn't pass his position as the comedian on comedy central who should not be taken seriously, rather he made his point as a powerful and serious public figure.

There's some dualism there which has allowed JS to destroy many people who criticize him. When he makes a good point = take him seriously.
When he makes a mistake = he's just a comedian.

hawaii 5-0
6/28/2011, 09:28 PM
I've never viewed him as more than a comedian.

5-0

Trump/ Larry 2012

AlboSooner
6/28/2011, 09:33 PM
The NY firefighter law was no comedy to JS and many others.

The Profit
6/28/2011, 09:36 PM
Jon Stewart is the Will Rogers of our time.

hawaii 5-0
6/28/2011, 09:37 PM
Jon Stewart is the Will Rogers of our time.

Interesting.........

5-0

Trump/ Clem 2012

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 09:39 PM
The NY firefighter law was no comedy to JS and many others.

It was the right thing to do too. He stood up for folks that live and work in his Community. I mean....TDS is in NYC and the 9-11-01 Police and Firefighters were the ones that were from NYC and the folks that died in the Towers lived and Worked in NYC. Does it seem odd that someone with a show in NYC would support their Local Police and Firefighter Unions when they have grown up and lived in the Community with them for Decades and they were a part of the largest attack on American soil since the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor?

StoopTroup
6/28/2011, 09:46 PM
whose lead-in are puppets making crank calls."

I think it's pretty well know that the reason he uses puppets on the show is because the folks he uses puppets on won't come on the show to do an interview.

I will agree that he does get a bit serious with them in the Interview sequences but If I were someone that wanted to run for POTUS if you want to win the hearts and minds of the American people....shucking jon Stewart and TDS or Colbert is a huge mistake and those that choose to do edited sidebar pieces usually get even more burned. Commit to do the shows and always make sure you do the End of the show Interviews in front of the audience.

If you think about it for a second....the reason a lot of these folks won't do TDS is that they are threatened by supporters if they do. They probably can't win either way and FOX and the supporters are interfering with the Candidates instead of using TDS to find a Candidate that can not only handle JS or Colbert but show the American people they are the real deal and capable of taking on even the hardest most revealing questions.

Instead they avoid it....they get made fun of and they get pissed off.

Rush Limbaugh has done it for years and Ditto-heads and the like all got their little jollies and ****s and grins and now that someone is using the same technique on them....they think it's wrong.

I think it's just the Golden Rule at work here and they are getting the hammer now.

sooner59
6/29/2011, 01:59 AM
I find it funny that Jon Stewart has a comedy show and is the arch enemy of a political TV network who take themselves seriously (which is comedy in and of itself). The sad thing is, Jon is just as versed on real politics as most on the other "real" networks. And they are threatened by his strong audience and feel the need to attack him. I think he is funny. But I also know that the stuff in his show is tongue-in-cheek and not the whole truth. Its good entertainment. Then again, I enjoy a good laugh at FOX as it is good entertainment most times I switch over (yeah i actually watch the other channels as well). All attacking Jon Stewart does it strengthen his audience and make your network lose credibility. Its kinda sad...but also its kinda funny. So I hope they keep it up.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 02:04 AM
Tonight Stewart eviscerated himself with a montage of prior voices he used on other Black Politicians, some gay or possible just Born that way but not ready to leave their Families yet Gays and a few Jews and Italians and i think he got in there with either a hillbilly or a redneck.

Who knew Comics did impersonations to get laughs?

sooner59
6/29/2011, 02:06 AM
Saw that. Pretty funny. As much attention as FOX pays to Jon's show, you'd think they knew of all of those...or at least knew that was coming afterwards.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 02:08 AM
Saw that. Pretty funny. As much attention as FOX pays to Jon's show, you'd think they knew of all of those...or at least knew that was coming afterwards.

Hell....they are on his website.

GKeeper316
6/29/2011, 04:13 AM
Yes, very.

Did you hear that we're all going to have to get gay married in a mosque now? That just boils my goat.

i'll be too high on my medicinal marijuana that i'm illegally using for recreational purposes, making myself too lazy to work, hence sitting at home on my couch playing video games and watching cartoons on unemployment.

utopia.

Serenity Now
6/29/2011, 09:57 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/jon-stewart-herman-cain-fox-news_n_886701.html

He introduced the Herman Cain section with dildo wheel. Classic.

49r
6/29/2011, 10:30 AM
Gay babies make the best gravy! YUM!

Memtig14
6/29/2011, 12:14 PM
Where liberals get their news?

:)

Bourbon St Sooner
6/29/2011, 12:21 PM

A Penguin can never be racist. After all, you're black and white.

Jammin'
6/29/2011, 12:37 PM
Tonight Stewart eviscerated himself with a montage of prior voices he used on other Black Politicians, some gay or possible just Born that way but not ready to leave their Families yet Gays and a few Jews and Italians and i think he got in there with either a hillbilly or a redneck.

Who knew Comics did impersonations to get laughs?

That was funny stuff.