PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 12

LASooner
6/27/2011, 07:36 PM
All visual fluff, but it is kinda cool to see in-game recaps..

hUssZg_btGg

Good to see the schooner back in for the first time since it was known as "Bill Walsh's NCAA Football"
6tushIm0BHA

oudavid1
6/27/2011, 08:31 PM
Im getting it of course. Just hope Broyles has cracked the 90s in speed.

No really, he was an 85 in speed. Thats a Go****m joke.

tfoolry
6/27/2011, 08:42 PM
Let er rip!

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 08:42 PM
I have gotten these things since someone gave me NCAA '07. They have gotten better. I might get it. I have to make a little money, though before that.

LASooner
6/27/2011, 08:51 PM
I like how the crowd boos when OSU runs in.

SoonerPride
6/27/2011, 08:56 PM
I like how the crowd boos when OSU runs in.

If they wanted to make it realistic, during the pregame they should show the aggie punter kick the ball in the student section and they pass the ball up the stands and chuck it over the wall. :)

o0Dan0o
6/27/2011, 09:33 PM
They say they've revised some in game mechanics too, the game on the whole looks like a pretty good jump forwards compared to most years.
Dan

Soonerlife07
6/27/2011, 11:04 PM
The demo comes out tomorrow. Cant wait to see if they made the gameplay better at all!

Pricetag
6/27/2011, 11:54 PM
It looks like they've fixed the play calling screen from last year. That thing was ridiculous, having to scroll through all the plays, one by one, instead of getting them three at a time like we had since the original Madden football.

Okie35
6/28/2011, 12:43 AM
They've added a lot this year.

I'm sorry but if I play as a defensive coordinator for a smaller school. I may eventually have to take BVs spot once I become a well known DC.

oudavid1
6/28/2011, 01:22 AM
It looks like they've fixed the play calling screen from last year. That thing was ridiculous, having to scroll through all the plays, one by one, instead of getting them three at a time like we had since the original Madden football.

if you hold down L while you scroll it goes three at a time, but i know what you are saying.

My biggest complaint is make guys like Blackmon and Broyles all but unstoppable in single coverage. And for gawd sakes punish bad play calling. If a guy throws a quick stop with man press, let it be picked. Tone down linebacker verticals. Tone up wide receiver verticals. Add more complex blitzes. And put more emphasis on skill when it comes to directional passing.

John Kochtoston
6/28/2011, 02:05 AM
To make it more realistic, they could get Landry Jones' hometown right.

Okie35
6/28/2011, 03:09 AM
if you hold down L while you scroll it goes three at a time, but i know what you are saying.

My biggest complaint is make guys like Blackmon and Broyles all but unstoppable in single coverage. And for gawd sakes punish bad play calling. If a guy throws a quick stop with man press, let it be picked. Tone down linebacker verticals. Tone up wide receiver verticals. Add more complex blitzes. And put more emphasis on skill when it comes to directional passing.

They're stoppable. Just bump them. They improved zone defense this year I don't know about man.

Hot Rod
6/28/2011, 07:10 AM
Downloading the demo today as well. Can't wait to tryout the new playbook and create my own custom one as well. When playing NCAA 11, I usually used the Boise State playbook, since it had more shotgun options, as well as the weak and strong formations for running the ball and creating PA plays.

My son however will usually stick it on a shotgun formation and change up all the routes last second based on coverage. I think I have a coach in training.

OU Adonis
6/28/2011, 07:48 AM
Anyone want to join a X Box 360 league? I am trying to form one.

NormanPride
6/28/2011, 09:32 AM
Zone D was worthless last year.

LakeRat
6/28/2011, 04:47 PM
The demo comes out tomorrow. Cant wait to see if they made the gameplay better at all!

What year didn't it get better?

And Zone D was really improved over the prior years. If you mixed zone man options up, you could really confuse a human player. Also with the ability to make last second blitz changes to individual players made it pretty crazy from a defensive stand point.

Okie35
6/28/2011, 04:52 PM
To make it more realistic, they could get Landry Jones' hometown right.

Technically its not Landry its QB #12, but really we know who it is :D. You can easily edit it usually when ppl do rosters they do all that.

silverwheels
6/28/2011, 05:01 PM
(it's still going to suck)

OU-HSV
6/28/2011, 06:55 PM
Im getting it of course. Just hope Broyles has cracked the 90s in speed.

No really, he was an 85 in speed. Thats a Go****m joke.

What was his acc? I didn't buy NCAA last year, I got into Madden

LASooner
6/28/2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone download the demo yet? It's Live. I'm still at work and Devkits can't download retail demos.

silverwheels
6/28/2011, 08:06 PM
I'm about to download it, just to see if it has become playable since 10.

SoonerMom2
6/28/2011, 09:37 PM
OSU is the one game we don't get the speeches to be nice to the other team and show them respect. Air Force is the only team I am willing to support when they come on the field. The rest are fair game for boos! We have a guy in our section who starts O-S-U Sucks at the first game and keeps it up all season long.

silverwheels
6/28/2011, 11:13 PM
Played a little bit of Oregon vs. Texas (I was the Ducks, obviously). Not too impressed with the defense, or maybe the Horns just suck that badly. Zone is still crappy. OL/DL interaction is still crappy. But it's better than a few years ago, so that counts for something, I guess. Probably not purchasing this one, but then again, I haven't in 4 years anyway.

OU-HSV
6/28/2011, 11:14 PM
Anyone download the demo yet? It's Live. I'm still at work and Devkits can't download retail demos.

I downloaded it and played two games earlier. They only let you choose from two matchups. Soi n the first game I was Oregon vs. texass..and I won 15-14 (with a two point conversion). And Gilbert still sucks.
And then I was Bama vs. fsu. Richardson is ridiculous, I had over 200 rush yards 3 tds with him to beat fsu. If you follow the blocks, Richardson can take it to the house easily. So on one hand it's good to see running the ball has become easier than it seemed to be in previous years..and on the other hand I'm wondering if every RB in the game is capable of these kind of huge stats or if Richardson is just that good in the game.
I've been more into Madden the last year or two, but I am glad to see NCAA has actually made it possible to stop people on Defense. It seems like my last NCAA game was nearly impossible to have consistent stops on D and running the ball was very difficult unless you had a stud RB.
Anyway that's just my two cents after playing a couple of their demo games (which are only 2 minute quarters). I'll be buying the game when it's released.

SoonerofAlabama
6/28/2011, 11:24 PM
I downloaded it and played two games earlier. They only let you choose from two matchups. Soi n the first game I was Oregon vs. texass..and I won 15-14 (with a two point conversion). And Gilbert still sucks.
And then I was Bama vs. fsu. Richardson is ridiculous, I had over 200 rush yards 3 tds with him to beat fsu. If you follow the blocks, Richardson can take it to the house easily. So on one hand it's good to see running the ball has become easier than it seemed to be in previous years..and on the other hand I'm wondering if every RB in the game is capable of these kind of huge stats or if Richardson is just that good in the game.
I've been more into Madden the last year or two, but I am glad to see NCAA has actually made it possible to stop people on Defense. It seems like my last NCAA game was nearly impossible to have consistent stops on D and running the ball was very difficult unless you had a stud RB.
Anyway that's just my two cents after playing a couple of their demo games (which are only 2 minute quarters). I'll be buying the game when it's released.

I have been going more for the Madden games lately as well. I tried last years NCAA 11 game for a few hours and was disappointed. It didn't appear that they worked on anything. When the players ran, they looked like they just glided on the field. Then I tried the Madden game and I still plan on getting the new Madden, I hope to here from some sooner fans about the NCAA game before I buy it.

LASooner
6/29/2011, 02:43 AM
I downloaded it and played two games earlier. They only let you choose from two matchups.

Holy misleading Batman! When their facebook page posted this yesterday...

The NCAA Football 12 demo drops tomorrow! Which demo team (Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon) are you looking forward to playing with the most and why?

I assumed that meant you could play as Oklahoma in the demo. :mad:

Hot Rod
6/29/2011, 07:12 AM
Played it last night and was Bama. The movement feels better when running the ball. I have to get use to the play-calling screen as I want to go left-right when changing plays, as that now changes formation. The brightness of the routes before play kinda helps. I did like where you can hold the square button and move to a defensive player, instead of clicking "circle" through the rotation to be a certain player.

It almost seems like NCAA gets what Madden does the year before. I could be wrong, but the movement of the players seem to be more like Madden 11, so no telling how much Madden improves this year.

Pricetag
6/29/2011, 10:09 AM
So on one hand it's good to see running the ball has become easier than it seemed to be in previous years..and on the other hand I'm wondering if every RB in the game is capable of these kind of huge stats or if Richardson is just that good in the game.
Last year the running game was ridiculous right out of the box. They tweaked that with a patch pretty quickly, though.

I took Texas against Oregon. I was only able to score 13 on them, but shut them out. Pass defense looked a little better. There were a couple of times where their QB held the ball forever, and I ended up getting the sack. Someone would have been open last year.

Hot Rod
6/29/2011, 10:15 AM
There were a couple of times where their QB held the ball forever, and I ended up getting the sack. Someone would have been open last year.

I noticed this too when I was Bama. I had like 4 or 5 sacks in that short game and was simply playing man coverage.

LakeRat
6/29/2011, 01:39 PM
Are you guys playing it on Heisman or Varsity or something different?

B/C I know this makes a huge difference in the previous years gameplay.

Big D Sooner
6/29/2011, 04:23 PM
Why don't they play boomer sooner when we run out of the tunnel?

agoo758
6/29/2011, 04:51 PM
Why don't they play boomer sooner when we run out of the tunnel?

That's always been the case it seems. I own NCAA 07 and they only play the extra point song when they come out. :mad:

OU-HSV
6/29/2011, 07:46 PM
Holy misleading Batman! When their facebook page posted this yesterday...

The NCAA Football 12 demo drops tomorrow! Which demo team (Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon) are you looking forward to playing with the most and why?

I assumed that meant you could play as Oklahoma in the demo. :mad:

I was aware of this before I downloaded the demo...I just threw that out there in my post so people on here would realize why I used the teams I used. ;)

OU-HSV
6/29/2011, 07:49 PM
I have been going more for the Madden games lately as well. I tried last years NCAA 11 game for a few hours and was disappointed. It didn't appear that they worked on anything. When the players ran, they looked like they just glided on the field. Then I tried the Madden game and I still plan on getting the new Madden, I hope to here from some sooner fans about the NCAA game before I buy it.

I'll probably get Madden again as well, I've grown to like the gameplay of Madden better than the NCAA. But that may change this year, it seemed pretty smooth last night in the demo.

SoonerofAlabama
7/11/2011, 11:16 PM
Anyone getting this thing at midnight?

Dwight
7/11/2011, 11:30 PM
Anyone getting this thing at midnight?

I am, just like I do every year.

SoonerofAlabama
7/11/2011, 11:31 PM
I am, just like I do every year.

You mind telling me how it is sometime tomorrow?

silverwheels
7/11/2011, 11:32 PM
I'll pass. If I do get it at all, it won't be until after the price drops. The custom conferences thing is intriguing, though, despite the fact that they added nothing to TeamBuilder.

Quik Sand
7/12/2011, 12:33 AM
I got it...Jefferson and Stills were in line as well. No....no keys dropping.

Dwight
7/12/2011, 02:30 AM
You mind telling me how it is sometime tomorrow?

It's pretty awesome. The named roster file hasn't been completed yet, so I'm holding off on starting my OU dynasty. Without adjusted sliders (on Heisman difficulty) the CPU run offense is OP, but a quick slider adjustment can fix that. It's the most visually stellar football game ever..And Brennan Clay has massive dreads.

SoonerofAlabama
7/12/2011, 02:32 AM
It's pretty awesome. The named roster file hasn't been completed yet, so I'm holding off on starting my OU dynasty. Without adjusted sliders (on Heisman difficulty) the CPU run offense is OP, but a quick slider adjustment can fix that. It's the most visually stellar football game ever..And Brennan Clay has massive dreads.

Okay. Anything you dislike yet?

Quik Sand
7/12/2011, 07:44 AM
Played one game last night since I had to be up early for work. OU/Texas...56-0. Seems about right :)

mushu405
7/12/2011, 08:26 AM
I like how this game is brought to me by Coke Zero.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/12/2011, 10:38 AM
played one game last night since i had to be at work at 8:30 the game play is a lot smoother then last years, the play calling has been adjusted it is kinda madden like. the offensive and defense playbooks are bigger and better! the 4-2-5 has a ton of variations now. the diamond formation is SICK!!! i love the pistol but i always have.....
the only isues i had were some timing issues that you have everytime you get a new game, cant wait to get off work and play a few more then jump online
oh and clay's dreads are sweet and finch is nasty returning kicks

Lawton4Life
7/12/2011, 10:44 AM
I like how this game is brought to me by Coke Zero.

I think they threw in the Coke Zero in the 08 or 09 version.

For a few years they had the PONTIAC DRIVE SUMMARY.

I loved this game for years...then had a wife and family and just dont have any time to play....Last one I got had Crabtree on the cover and it had stepped up from the years before. I get a little tired of madden being so much better and faster any everything eventually trickling down.

Maybe I can find time to play again...with recruiting you've really got to devote some time. I like to play 6 min quarters too to get realistic stats.

Hot Rod
7/12/2011, 10:59 AM
Buying this game this afternoon. Have any of you done an Online Dynasty? It looks interesting but never got into doing one last year.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/12/2011, 11:11 AM
Buying this game this afternoon. Have any of you done an Online Dynasty? It looks interesting but never got into doing one last year.

i have done some last year i enjoy them but its all about getting people who will keep up with it

LakeRat
7/12/2011, 12:13 PM
This game has the ability to be really technical. On D you can do a lot of different things that weren't possible last year. Timing on when you show blitz or you move people is a lot bigger factor. Passing routes getting altered, by a bump at the line, will make a WR adjust and potentially run a fly if he is behind the guy that bumped him. This is a great offset to people who run press coverage every time. In prior games there was no realistic way to defeat bump and run. Now you will get burned if you run it every play.

Bubble screens are realistic. If the d is playing off of you, it is going for 8 yards every time.

With these two things happening, it has made the game more technical in how what you do on D and on Offense.

Zones on defense have gotten tighter. Corners will follow slants to the middle, and the LB will slide toward the WR. Makes for tighter windows.

Slip screens to the WR is a viable option to a guy who likes to bring his LB's.

The greatest thing about this game, is that now you can offensively take advantage of defenses that are overly agressive and like to blitz. And do it in a realistic way. And the defense can show so many different looks, you can make adjustments to actualy make your opponent make mistakes.

SoonerofAlabama
7/12/2011, 12:33 PM
So, worth it to buy it?

bettersoonerthenlater
7/12/2011, 01:14 PM
So, worth it to buy it?

very much so!

Quik Sand
7/12/2011, 01:23 PM
This game has the ability to be really technical. On D you can do a lot of different things that weren't possible last year. Timing on when you show blitz or you move people is a lot bigger factor. Passing routes getting altered, by a bump at the line, will make a WR adjust and potentially run a fly if he is behind the guy that bumped him. This is a great offset to people who run press coverage every time. In prior games there was no realistic way to defeat bump and run. Now you will get burned if you run it every play.

Bubble screens are realistic. If the d is playing off of you, it is going for 8 yards every time.

With these two things happening, it has made the game more technical in how what you do on D and on Offense.

Zones on defense have gotten tighter. Corners will follow slants to the middle, and the LB will slide toward the WR. Makes for tighter windows.

Slip screens to the WR is a viable option to a guy who likes to bring his LB's.

The greatest thing about this game, is that now you can offensively take advantage of defenses that are overly agressive and like to blitz. And do it in a realistic way. And the defense can show so many different looks, you can make adjustments to actualy make your opponent make mistakes.Appreciate the breakdown. wanted to play more than one game last night but knew I would not get to work today ha. keep it coming.

Dwight
7/12/2011, 03:13 PM
So, worth it to buy it?

Definitely.

OU1987
7/12/2011, 03:55 PM
Just bought the game. how long does it take for someone create the rosters for download?

SoonerofAlabama
7/12/2011, 03:57 PM
Oh, and I am thinking of trying this XBOX live thing. Anyone currently with XBOX Live that can tell me what to do with it?

madillsoonerfan5353
7/12/2011, 04:16 PM
Oh, and I am thinking of trying this XBOX live thing. Anyone currently with XBOX Live that can tell me what to do with it?

How old are you? Shouldn't you know how to do that by now! :D

:gary:

Mad Dog Madsen
7/12/2011, 04:21 PM

Never heard of it... ;)

SoonerofAlabama
7/12/2011, 04:24 PM
How old are you? Shouldn't you know how to do that by now! :D

I just haven't ever done XBOX live. I get bored with regular games usually after about six months. Seems like a good thing to try. I don't know how it is. Anyone tell me if it is fun?

Mad Dog Madsen
7/12/2011, 04:36 PM
It's fun if you're good! If you don't like gettin beat, then don't sign up! ...Cause I'll find your @$$ and hang half a hundred on you everytime! Guaranteed! ;)

bettersoonerthenlater
7/12/2011, 04:53 PM
It's fun if you're good! If you don't like gettin beat, then don't sign up! ...Cause I'll find your @$$ and hang half a hundred on you everytime! Guaranteed! ;)

it will make u a lot better no question about it and i love it because like u said after playing the computer for a while it gets boring as hell

Dwight
7/12/2011, 05:15 PM
I've never been able to play any sports game on XBL due to the incredible amount of lag.

SoonerofAlabama
7/12/2011, 05:49 PM
There's lag? Anyone else have this problem?

Dwight
7/12/2011, 07:26 PM
There's lag? Anyone else have this problem?

I haven't tried it on the new game, but every NCAA, Madden, NBA2K I've ever played lags ridiculously online.

LoveDemSooners
7/12/2011, 07:39 PM
Hasn't lagged for me...yet

Collier11
7/12/2011, 08:56 PM
Havent bought it yet, probably wont until the rosters are available...can you tell me though, do they have conference mobility?

silverwheels
7/12/2011, 09:36 PM
3O5z9T4i5MM

Collier11
7/12/2011, 09:43 PM
Allsome! Thanks

silverwheels
7/12/2011, 09:53 PM
No problem. Yeah, that looks like a lot of fun to play with, but I'm still not a fan of the gameplay itself on this generation of consoles. Like I said, I may get it after the price drops.

Ping
7/12/2011, 10:45 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/OleKingCole3114/TonyJefferson.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/OleKingCole3114/bclay.jpg
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k145/OleKingCole3114/Box12.jpg

starclassic tama
7/13/2011, 02:48 AM
that box one is sweet! i think im going to buy a PS3 and this game friday, anyone else play it on PS3?

SoonerofAlabama
7/13/2011, 02:52 AM
that box one is sweet! i think im going to buy a PS3 and this game friday, anyone else play it on PS3?

Think I will do what silverwheels is doing. I don't want to pay 60.00 for a game. I'd rather wait a few months and pay 30 to 40.

Quik Sand
7/13/2011, 07:32 AM
that box one is sweet! i think im going to buy a PS3 and this game friday, anyone else play it on PS3?I do....add me. My PSN is the same as my name here :D

Sooner Among The Pack
7/13/2011, 01:22 PM
Got it yesterday. Passing is defintley harder...really had to work it with Landry. Love the diamond formation, I need to go into custom playbooks and grab some plays for it. Clay and Finch really tear it up on the ground :) In fact, I was surprised how good Clay was on the game, dreads and all!

Mad Dog Madsen
7/13/2011, 01:26 PM
What's up with the Clay dreads anyway?

LASooner
7/13/2011, 02:27 PM
3O5z9T4i5MM

Awesome!

madillsoonerfan5353
7/13/2011, 02:28 PM
What's up with the Clay dreads anyway?

Idk, but doesn't Brandon Williams have long hair?

SoonerofAlabama
7/13/2011, 02:37 PM
Idk, but doesn't Brandon Williams have long hair?

He has a fro last time I checked:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2950/brandonwilliamsdisplayi.jpg

OU Adonis
7/13/2011, 03:40 PM
I will be starting a XBox 360 league soon.

Rules

1 ) Custom playbooks are allowed

2) You can only choose a * or ** team

3) You will start as either an OC or DC. No starting as HC.

4) Coaching Carousel is on

5) Games played will be 2 to 3 a week.

6) All American level

7) 8 Min Quarters

madillsoonerfan5353
7/13/2011, 03:42 PM
He has a fro last time I checked:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2950/brandonwilliamsdisplayi.jpg

I thought I seen in one of his videos on youtube that he had something hanging out of the back of his helment?

SoonerofAlabama
7/13/2011, 04:07 PM
I thought I seen in one of his videos on youtube that he had something hanging out of the back of his helment?

He had dreads for a while too.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1360/785301.jpg

NorthernIowaSooner
7/13/2011, 06:18 PM
How do I go about downloading rosters with names on them for PS3? First year I've had it and I don't know how to do it.

Quik Sand
7/13/2011, 06:25 PM
How do I go about downloading rosters with names on them for PS3? First year I've had it and I don't know how to do it.To get the rosters, go to Team Management, Roster Share, Download Roster and click on Download roster. When the Enter a Gamertag screen pops up, enter the name below and download your specific consoles roster.

Patrick Morty - For 360 Users
gamingtailgate - For PS3 Users

NorthernIowaSooner
7/13/2011, 06:28 PM
Thank you, I will try that later

bettersoonerthenlater
7/14/2011, 11:15 AM
I will be starting a XBox 360 league soon.

Rules

1 ) Custom playbooks are allowed

2) You can only choose a * or ** team

3) You will start as either an OC or DC. No starting as HC.

4) Coaching Carousel is on

5) Games played will be 2 to 3 a week.

6) All American level

7) 8 Min Quarters

i am interested, my tag is
soonerborn8

SoonerNomad
7/14/2011, 11:49 AM
some one from cbssports.com used the new EA NCAA 12 to simutlate the entire season and this is how it ends up. Damn it. Things didnt go well for us.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/30612159

Big 12

- Oklahoma can't handle the pressure. The Sooners started out the year 7-0 before getting shocked by Kansas State on the road -- where else? -- 24-21. They also lost at Oklahoma State 38-24 to end the regular season and kill their hopes of a BCS berth.

- Texas won't be terrible two years in a row. The Longhorns finish the season 11-2 with a 7-2 mark in the Big 12. Though they do lose to Oklahoma and Texas A&M, which stings a bit.

- Where have you gone, Blaine Gabbert? Missouri needs you. The Tigers finished the season 4-8 with a 2-7 mark in the conference. Seems they're going to miss Colorado, Nebraska and the North Division.

OU-HSV
7/14/2011, 07:14 PM
To get the rosters, go to Team Management, Roster Share, Download Roster and click on Download roster. When the Enter a Gamertag screen pops up, enter the name below and download your specific consoles roster.

Patrick Morty - For 360 Users
gamingtailgate - For PS3 Users

For an online dynasty I'm in I loaded up the gamingtailgate roster last night and our commissioner used it when he created our online dynasty. That roster is rumored to be the best as far as names of players and coaches go (FOR NOW). These other guys go above and beyond what I've ever seen...and they will have the absolute best rosters coming out probably this weekend when they get done fixing all the players for every team...it's crazy but awesome how far they say they go with editing these rosters to have them most accurate. Here's their site, and they're free or you can donate to their paypal....
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/485105-buckeye02-gatorbaits-ncaaf-12-rosters-ps3.html

Sooner Among The Pack
7/15/2011, 11:35 AM
For an online dynasty I'm in I loaded up the gamingtailgate roster last night and our commissioner used it when he created our online dynasty. That roster is rumored to be the best as far as names of players and coaches go (FOR NOW). These other guys go above and beyond what I've ever seen...and they will have the absolute best rosters coming out probably this weekend when they get done fixing all the players for every team...it's crazy but awesome how far they say they go with editing these rosters to have them most accurate. Here's their site, and they're free or you can donate to their paypal....
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football-rosters/485105-buckeye02-gatorbaits-ncaaf-12-rosters-ps3.html

This. Block-O and Gator's rosters are unreal. I am using gamingtailgate until they release it. Also holding off on dynasties until they are done. Sounds like Sunday.

OU-HSV
7/16/2011, 08:48 AM
This. Block-O and Gator's rosters are unreal. I am using gamingtailgate until they release it. Also holding off on dynasties until they are done. Sounds like Sunday.

Ditto. Some guys I'm in online dynasty with didn't want to wait so we loaded up the gamingtailgate one. But I'm not starting my OU dynasty until the Sunday roster comes out from those guys I linked above.

freshchris05
7/17/2011, 05:15 AM
anyone have an updated sooner roster on 360?

Sooner13
7/18/2011, 11:57 AM
1) CcAaRrSsOoNn3
2) Nsuplaya84
3) THE MASSACRE771
4) CK11
5) GEAUXLDEN

Any of these gamertags will get you a fully named roster for all teams as well as all coaches and coordinator names.

It looks like they have also altered some of the ratings for players. For instance, Jonathan Miller is now rated as the best RB, with Finch being third on the depth chart. I'll probably go back and edit the player attributes for OU only so it is to my liking. I'm just happy to have all of the coaches and players named.

SoonerofAlabama
7/18/2011, 12:29 PM
Speaking of NCAA 2012, this (http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/30588/oklahoma-bounces-bama-for-national-title) was their prediction for the national title game.

Oklahoma bounces Bama for national title

After a year away, Oklahoma returned to the national title game to give the Big 12 three appearances in four seasons. This time around, though, the Sooners brought the national title back to Big 12 country, beating Alabama* 27-17 and ending the SEC's run of five consecutive BCS titles in this EA Sports simulation.

The win gave the Sooners their first national title since 2000 and the program's second under Bob Stoops.

Alabama running back Trent Richardson opened the scoring with a lengthy run, but Oklahoma back Roy Finch answered soon after with the same to tie the game at seven.

Richardson finished with 96 yards on the ground and a touchdown.

Landry Jones helped the Sooners take the lead with a long touchdown pass to Ryan Broyles, who made an acrobatic catch in the back of the end zone, albeit not as acrobatic as the late grab he made against UConn for a touchdown, the last time he was on the BCS stage.

Jones finished with 288 yards passing against an Alabama defense littered with NFL talent, connecting for a pair of touchdowns.

In the video above, you can see Bob Stoops celebrating his team's title on the podium.

PalmBeachSooner
7/18/2011, 01:13 PM
I tried playing it once, but I guess I'm too old.

old fart + complicated game = FAIL

It's like watching a three-legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen lake.

badger
7/18/2011, 01:17 PM
I think NP made this the year that he finally stops buying that game new each and every year.

He almost did this a few years ago, but then started up again.

Did he choose a poor year to quit? Or was this basically an updated number roster with a few Erin Andrews videos and schooner pregame added in?

Pricetag
7/19/2011, 03:30 PM
The custom playbook feature is very cool.

bettersoonerthenlater
7/19/2011, 03:42 PM
The custom playbook feature is very cool.

yeah im gonna go home and mess with this a lot tonight

Quik Sand
7/20/2011, 07:35 AM
I like it more than previous years. He probably should pick it up.

NorthernIowaSooner
7/20/2011, 09:09 AM
I think NP made this the year that he finally stops buying that game new each and every year.

He almost did this a few years ago, but then started up again.

Did he choose a poor year to quit? Or was this basically an updated number roster with a few Erin Andrews videos and schooner pregame added in?

This is the first year I have gotten it since it was on PS2 like three or four years ago. I got it for PS3 and I think it's pretty good. The tackling is incredible, I read that is an upgrade over past years. Graphics are good, passing is difficult but I really enjoy it. I would recommend he get this one.

OUTrumpet
7/20/2011, 09:09 AM
Overall gameplay is much better than 11. Zone defenses seem pretty effective so far. Shotgun running actually works. AI is better at running the ball.

Road to Glory had Erin Andrews taken out, but it's more RPG like. Get experience in practice / games, use it to buy either 1 game upgrades or career upgrades. Had enough in it that my quarterback couldn't pass 2nd string before the end of his freshman year. Only complaint was that my 'pocket passer' qb's stats were a little weird - had upper 80's speed and acceleration, mid 90's passing accuracy, low 40's throw power and release. So my guy had to put on some muscle using the upgrades for a bit.

Ruf/Nek7
7/20/2011, 03:30 PM
Everybody's Dynasty coach better have a visor! Just sayin

bettersoonerthenlater
7/20/2011, 03:34 PM
Everybody's Dynasty coach better have a visor! Just sayin

MINE DOES!!!! AHAHAHAHA

Ruf/Nek7
7/20/2011, 04:46 PM
Mine is quite handsome i must say

bettersoonerthenlater
7/20/2011, 05:13 PM
Mine is quite handsome i must say

ruf/nek u want in this that is on the online dynasty thread league man? a lot of people from here are in it so far

Ruf/Nek7
7/20/2011, 05:14 PM
So in my first game Finch fumbles 3 times, lost 2(one returned for a Def TD) and he gets injured. Landry throws a pick 6 and I have to kick the gaming winning field goal with 4 seconds remaining to win 16-14...all against TULSA! F***ING TULSA!!!

Ruf/Nek7
7/20/2011, 05:15 PM
ruf/nek u want in this that is on the online dynasty thread league man? a lot of people from here are in it so far

Is that on PS3 cause thats what I have. I thought I saw someone organizing one but it was for the XBOX360. If its PS3 I'm for sure in

bettersoonerthenlater
7/20/2011, 05:15 PM
So in my first game Finch fumbles 3 times, lost 2(one returned for a Def TD) and he gets injured. Landry throws a pick 6 and I have to kick the gaming winning field goal with 4 seconds remaining to win 16-14...all against TULSA! F***ING TULSA!!!

u HAVE to cover the ball this year or anyone will fumble

oo yeah its on the 360

Quik Sand
7/20/2011, 05:56 PM
Another thing that is different is that the QB scrambles a lot more now. QB spy gets mixed in now at least once per possession. First game I played Gilbert scrambled for a few first downs. That was the end of that.

Quik Sand
7/20/2011, 05:56 PM
Oh and Finch gets hurt nearly once per game....ridiculous.

starclassic tama
7/20/2011, 06:07 PM
it seems like they improved the gameplay slightly, the tackling and contact system seems more realistic, and you have to be more careful passing the ball. other than that, anyone feel like they just **** out the exact same game?

SoonerofAlabama
7/22/2011, 06:24 PM
Just got this game. Just wondering what is the first thing I should do?

spencer20
7/22/2011, 06:26 PM
I just got the game also. can't pass worth ****. LB's/CB's jumping out of their shoes to bat the ball down.
bout time to go back to the 'bone.

OU-HSV
7/23/2011, 11:45 AM

UPDATE: A buddy of mine said that the latest rosters they released weren't very good (in regards to their OU edits). For instance they still had Box in the game.
So I ended up saving the gamingtailgate rosters and I fixed several things on OU's roster, including changing Box over to Londell Taylor, changed the last RB on the roster to Dominique Whaley, Changed Trice to someone else, fixed nearly all incorrect numbers using my Sooner Spectator mag roster from the last issue, and lots of other things. So I fixed OU's roster the best I could.
Also I added Russell Wilson to Wisconsin's roster (and I believe I dropped his ratings way down at NC State so he would never be a factor. Also I dropped Terrell Pryor's ratings way down so he would never show up either.

Illuminati
7/23/2011, 12:02 PM
If anybody wants to play NCAA 12 on PS3, add me, Greg24seven

NorthernIowaSooner
7/25/2011, 08:17 PM
UPDATE: A buddy of mine said that the latest rosters they released weren't very good (in regards to their OU edits). For instance they still had Box in the game.
So I ended up saving the gamingtailgate rosters and I fixed several things on OU's roster, including changing Box over to Londell Taylor, changed the last RB on the roster to Dominique Whaley, Changed Trice to someone else, fixed nearly all incorrect numbers using my Sooner Spectator mag roster from the last issue, and lots of other things. So I fixed OU's roster the best I could.
Also I added Russell Wilson to Wisconsin's roster (and I believe I dropped his ratings way down at NC State so he would never be a factor. Also I dropped Terrell Pryor's ratings way down so he would never show up either.

I was disappointed by them as well for all they were talked up to be. The names are right but I find it odd they didn't fix the obvious mistakes like keeping Pryor in the game and moving Wilson somehow. Oh and Brandon Weeden's last name is spelled wrong, it comes up as Weeded.

It's nice of them to do it and all but I thought I read somewhere they were going to make accessories more accurate, like helmet style, those weren't changed and to be honest I didn't notice a difference between theirs and the gamingtailgate rosters except for dreads. They seem to be very worried about dreads being right or wrong.