tfoolry
6/27/2011, 01:24 PM
No wins after North Tx.

delhalew
6/27/2011, 01:27 PM
I give em a chance against Purdue.

JLEW1818
6/27/2011, 01:37 PM
if he can get them to 500 ball or even a bowl game, the big schools will come after him at some point.

I don't see him there for more than 4 years

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 01:41 PM
6-6. Six game are there for them, even thought they are Indiana.

BigJerm7
6/27/2011, 02:11 PM
4-8.

BillyBall
6/27/2011, 02:20 PM
I give em a chance against Purdue.

And Illinois...

ouleaf
6/27/2011, 02:24 PM
.500 or better would a tremendous success....Even if they can't manage that to come away with a win in one of those 4 road games against Wisc., Iowa, MSU, or OSU would be huge for Wilson too.

Wish him all the best.

badger
6/27/2011, 02:42 PM
Do they have any good players? Did he put together a good recruiting class?

If not, then I'd have to hope he has a good enough offseason that they get the first four as wins right away. Then after that...

Penn State

Probably not, unless they spend all offseason preparing for this game. Even then, a very tough win to earn.

Illinois

The Zooker is one of those great-recruits-no-results kind of guys, ever since the miracle tOSU win to get to the Rose Bowl (and the honor of being USC's annual Big Ten whipping team). Have to give Indiana and everyone else Illinois plays a chance for that reason.

@ Wisconsin

HahahahahahhahahahaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

@ Iowa

See Wisconsin.

Northwestern

There's always a chance at home, I guess.

@ Ohio State

You can't write off anyone on tOSU's schedule this year. Perhaps they'll be this year's Texas --- a usual conference powerhouse that has an off-year and gives every conference rival a chance at revenge for their usual bullying :D

@ Michigan State

No, no, no, NO!

Purdue

Maybe?

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 02:45 PM
@ Wisconsin

HahahahahahhahahahaNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

badger, why do players keep transferring from Wisconsin, what is going on?

Oh and Wisconsin will be Big Ten Champions.

And You Got Russel Wilson, so thats cool.

cccasooner2
6/27/2011, 03:04 PM
2-10

usaosooner
6/27/2011, 03:13 PM
If they go 4-0 in OOC they can reach 7 wins. Illinois,Northwestern & Purdue aren't power houses

badger
6/27/2011, 03:59 PM
badger, why do players keep transferring from Wisconsin, what is going on?

Oh and Wisconsin will be Big Ten Champions.

And You Got Russel Wilson, so thats cool.

The most troubling offseason development for me was the fact that our big huge running back, John Clay, opted to declare pro and then went undrafted.

I don't follow Badger football too much down here, but I've been to Wisconsin's campus. It gets cold up there. And there's liberal hippie protests, whether Gov. Walker is taking away their collective bargaining rights or not. It's a weird college capitol town and as such, it's possibly the culture that drives some away. Or the winters :D

tfoolry
6/27/2011, 04:35 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/84710741.jpg

Jacie
6/27/2011, 05:00 PM
The most troubling offseason development for me was the fact that our big huge running back, John Clay, opted to declare pro and then went undrafted.

I don't follow Badger football too much down here, but I've been to Wisconsin's campus. It gets cold up there. And there's liberal hippie protests, whether Gov. Walker is taking away their collective bargaining rights or not. It's a weird college capitol town and as such, it's possibly the culture that drives some away. Or the winters :D

It's the winters . . .

As for Kevin:

W - Ball State
T - Virginia
W - SCS
W - North Tejas
L - Penn State BTW, last January, following their bowl loss, everyone's favorite octogenarian coach refused to release a player from his scholarship. The player, Rob Bolden, is one of two of Joe's returning QB's. Rob started the first 7 games of 2010 but was injured and his spot taken by Matt McGloin. Available for the bowl game, Rob did not play a down despite McGloin's 5 INT's, prompting his decision to transfer, subsequently denied by JoePa. Was Joe trying to keep Rob from making a foolish mistake or was he more concerned with being down to one QB?
T - Illinois
L - Wisconsin
L - Iowa
T - Northwestern
L - tOSU Wanted to pencil this one in as T, but since they play in Columbus late in the season I think whatever distractions might plague Feckell will be resolved by November.
T - MSU Spartie had a great 2010 but this year's squad will be hard pressed to go 11-1, hence, the chance a team like Indiana sneaking in for an upset.
T - Purdue

So let's do the math. I have 3 W's, 4 L's and 5 T's, games that could go either way (and rarely do teams get all of those). There is a chance Kev goes 6-6, which would be huge for IU. The reason I give them a shot at those T's is due solely to the influence KW and a new offense can have versus teams facing the new look Hoosiers.

And one more thing, Indiana will be the underdog, at least based on preseason perception, in everyone of those games I generously called a toss-up.

Soonermagik
6/27/2011, 05:56 PM
If he could find a way to go 6-6 then he would be in a bowl game. They would be thrilled with that at Indiana. I still think it will take him a few years to build any kind of a program.

As I heard Muschamp say in a recent interview "It's not about x's and o's, but Henry's & Joe's." Hence, KW will have a hard time winning with crappy players.

goingoneight
6/27/2011, 07:02 PM
Do they have any good players? Did he put together a good recruiting class?

I don't think KW's qualified to win with only three star players. ;) Or receivers playing quarterback... :D

prrriiide
6/27/2011, 07:42 PM
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk140/tfoolry/84710741.jpg
http://www.picdrop.net/images/qvcuslel.jpg

I think 5-7, with wins OOC plus one of Illinois, NW, or Purdue.

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 09:00 PM
I wish Kevin Wilson the best at Indiana and wherever he may end up. He is a good enough coach to get Indiana in a bowl game, even with their talent. I hope he learns to be a bit more flexible with his offense, also. As we all know, he was a little strict about sticking to the game plan and needs to learn to adjust, but anyways I am sure he will do well and I wish him luck.

agoo758
6/27/2011, 09:09 PM
Ball State, neutral
Virginia
South Carolina State
@ North Texas
Penn State
Illinois
@ Wisconsin
@ Iowa
Northwestern
@ Ohio State
@ Michigan State
Purdue
Virginia: L
SC state: W
Ball State W
NT: W
PSU: L
Illinois: W (upset alert?)
Wisconsin L
Iowa L
Northwestern L
Ohio State L
Michigan State L
Prudue W

5-7 if they get the upset and arnt upset. They could easily lose 9 games this year.

JLEW1818
6/28/2011, 09:04 AM
5-7 sounds so familiar

Sooner_Tuf
6/28/2011, 12:11 PM
6-6 and a Bowl win over Oklahoma State would be incredible for Wilson's first year.

Seriously though they are still Indiana and be lucky to score double digits multiple times a season.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/28/2011, 01:04 PM
2-10 with lots of luck.

TheLadiesMike
6/28/2011, 01:06 PM
6-6 and a Bowl win over Oklahoma State would be incredible for Wilson's first year.

Seriously though they are still Indiana and be lucky to score double digits multiple times a season.

They scored double digits in every game last year. :confused:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/84/year/2010/indiana-hoosiers

OUNASH
6/28/2011, 01:14 PM
By the end of the season Kevin Wilson is going to wish he was back in Norman. Indiana lost some key players and will be lucky to win 3 games. He has a big rebuild in front of him.

badger
6/28/2011, 01:38 PM
By the end of the season Kevin Wilson is going to wish he was back in Norman. Indiana lost some key players and will be lucky to win 3 games. He has a big rebuild in front of him.

Other than fan favorite Chuck Long, Stoops' former assistants have good track records with rebuilding projects.

Mike Stoops brought Zona back to being a bowl regular (his predecssor, John Mackovich, was 1-4 the previous season before getting fired after five games). Mark Mangino took Kansas (who had six straight losing seasons prior to his arrival) to the Orange Bowl with a 12-1 season. Mike Leach took over a Red Raider program that didn't go to a bowl in 1999 (despite a 6-5 record) and for Tech "legend" Spike Dykes, and had a bowl appearance in all of his seasons, going 5-4.

Good luck, Kevin! :)

Okie35
6/28/2011, 04:19 PM
6-6 and maybe a bowl game, at best. They won 5 games last year w/ a TERRIBLE defensive coordinator plus not as many Big Ten teams are as strong this year.

CrimsonCommando
6/28/2011, 05:09 PM
Other than fan favorite Chuck Long, Stoops' former assistants have good track records with rebuilding projects.

Mike Stoops brought Zona back to being a bowl regular (his predecssor, John Mackovich, was 1-4 the previous season before getting fired after five games). Mark Mangino took Kansas (who had six straight losing seasons prior to his arrival) to the Orange Bowl with a 12-1 season. Mike Leach took over a Red Raider program that didn't go to a bowl in 1999 (despite a 6-5 record) and for Tech "legend" Spike Dykes, and had a bowl appearance in all of his seasons, going 5-4.

Good luck, Kevin! :)

Your forgetting Kevin Sumlin becasue he's black, right?

:pop:

badger
6/28/2011, 05:37 PM
Your forgetting Kevin Sumlin becasue he's black, right?

:pop:

:mad: Nooooooo, I'm forgetting him because he's a more recent hire than the other three, silly.

Kevin Sumlin just drives my point more that they kick major arse at their new programs. He had 8-win and 10-win seasons (and a slight misstep this past year at 5-7) and two bowl appearances (one win).

Alas, he's a bit different. Art Briles was his predecessor, so not much to rebuild there. He just continued the Cougar success :)