PDA

View Full Version : Brown's baggage

TahoeSOONER
6/26/2011, 07:34 AM
The Cleve Bryant story will be coming soon and just in time for ESPN to start picking up the * network. Should be interesting to see how the cover up will continue and how far Mack will go dragging a friend through the mud to keep his own image clean. If it's anything like his post game interviews Brown will start the bus and back over him a few times. What did Cleve do and what is he going to say to save his job?

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/06/23/cleve_bryant_no.html?cxntfid=blogs_bevo_beat

http://www.statesman.com/sports/longhorns/football-aide-cleve-bryant-fighting-dismissal-lawyer-says-1558799.html

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/26/2011, 12:52 PM
Whats this about?

TahoeSOONER
6/26/2011, 12:57 PM
I'm hearing rumors of girls claiming he asked them to give "favors" but it's all Internet rumors. It was swept under the rug real quick but it could be a huge PR hit to * if some of the rumors are true. Shaggybevo.com had a good thread about the rumors and possible outcomes.

KantoSooner
6/26/2011, 01:41 PM
As time goes by and nothing comes out, amid periodic breathless alerts that the story is 'breaking' momentarily, I am increasingly concluding that either there's no fire here...or what was there was very small.
We just don't keep secrets in our society. And this one is way too juicy to not get leaked.

Sooner_Tuf
6/26/2011, 01:49 PM
Whoever she was hired Gloria Allred. I would guess since we haven't heard anymore that Cleve was gulity and Fexas gave the young lady a winning lotteria ticket.

TahoeSOONER
6/26/2011, 02:11 PM
High priced lawyer for a girl plus a fired empoyee who is fighting for his job against these allegations could become something down the road.

My guess is that * opens the check book up and makes it all go away on both sides.

Dio
6/28/2011, 12:34 PM
Here's the link from Barking Carnival: http://barkingcarnival.fantake.com/2011/06/27/cleve-cleaved/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

a couple of * fans actually admit that Almighty Texas isn't as pure as the driven snow and aren't above busting out the checkbook to make problems go away.

badger
6/28/2011, 01:03 PM
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 123386047 bytes) in /www/cstv/html/CSTV/404/bbclone/lib/io.php on line 203

Wow, that didn't take long :mack:

badger
6/28/2011, 01:13 PM
So I just noticed this story was from a few days ago, heh :O

But here's what stinks about this --- Cleve leaving basically is like publicly saying that he's guilty. Texas not saying anything publicly about the reason why he's leaving is like saying he's guilty. Mack Brown not saying anything is like saying Cleve is guilty.

I know Stoops loves his assistants and tries to keep his staff together till they find their own programs to kick arse at until a bratty son of an ESPN d00she gets you fired. However, Mack is on a different level. An oblivious level. A level where Mack is already retired, but still collecting a $4 mil paycheck. A level where coordinators do everything, and he claps a lot. A level where leaving a legacy of something other than losing the title game and going 5-7 is more important that retiring when you are acting like you are already retired.

Soooo... who wants to post some whorn message board links to spread some rumors on why Cleve's out :D