PDA

View Full Version : Wisky Judge Prosser pulls a Callahan, chokes other Judge

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 02:59 AM
Looks like Koch Brothers-backed Judge David Prosser is planning a career in Pro Wrasslin' as he practices a chokehold on another Judge.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/124546064.html

In other action, Wisconsin's Senate and Assembly passed the State Balanced Budget Bill this week. Gov. Walker didn't want to sign the Bill in his office in a public ceremony but instead chose a private business to have the signing ceremony.

Trouble was that the Company in question for the signing ceremony, Badger Sheet Metal Works in Ashwaubenon was run by CEO Gregory A. DeCaster. DeCaster was convicted of eight felony counts of income tax evasion in the mid-1990s and was sentenced to three months behind bars. He was also fined $10,000, ordered to pay another $3,700 to cover prosecutors' expenses and given two years of supervised release.

OOPS!!!!!!

It just keeps getting better and better.

5-0

Trump/ Flopsy 2012

dwarthog
6/26/2011, 09:54 AM
What a crock of BS.....

Looks like another moonbat meltdown...

Another source said the justices were arguing over the timing of the release of the opinion, which legislative leaders had insisted they needed by June 14 because of their work on the state budget. As the justices discussed the case, Abrahamson said she didn't know whether the decision would come out this month, the source said.

At that point, Prosser said he'd lost all confidence in her leadership. Bradley then came across the room "with fists up," the source said. Prosser put up his hands to push her back.

Final costs of the protests at the capitol.

The Department of Administration on Friday estimated cleanup and overtime costs for the event will reach about $8 million

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_5e262c4e-7d7e-11e0-a26d-001cc4c03286.html

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 11:14 AM
Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley issued a statement late Saturday saying that fellow Justice David Prosser choked her and disputing claims that she attacked him first.

"The facts are that I was demanding that he get out of my office and he put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold," she said. "Those are the facts and you can try to spin those facts and try to make it sound like I ran up to him and threw my neck into his hands, but that's only spin.

"Matters of abusive behavior in the workplace aren't resolved by competing press releases," she said.

"I'm confident the appropriate authorities will conduct a thorough investigation of this incident involving abusive behavior in the workplace."

In keeping with the GOP's tendency to ram through changes in the law, they're going to introduce a bill making it a crime to forcibly place one's neck in the hands of someone who says he's trying to defend himself.

“I am not a crook.” Richard Nixon

“I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” Bill Clinton

“I did not place my hands around that justice's neck.”
“I didn’t press hard.” David Prosser

5-0

Trump/ Ted DiBiase 2012

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 11:17 AM
What a crock of BS.....

Looks like another moonbat meltdown...

Final costs of the protests at the capitol.

The Department of Administration on Friday estimated cleanup and overtime costs for the event will reach about $8 million

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_5e262c4e-7d7e-11e0-a26d-001cc4c03286.html

Gosh, I read the article and the Headline says 270 thousand, not 8 million. Impressive spin, tho.

5-0

Trump/ Flipper 2012

Whet
6/26/2011, 11:23 AM
She deserved whatever she received. She is a certified nut case.

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 11:42 AM

Caveman, if you think it's OK to choke a woman I pray you get some help quick.

5-0

Trump/ Biff 2012

olevetonahill
6/26/2011, 12:28 PM

5-0

Trump/ Biff 2012

It is NOT right to choke a bitch. Just
http://www.funnymotivationalposters.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Slap-A-Bitch.jpg

Whet
6/26/2011, 12:43 PM

5-0

Trump/ Biff 2012

I believe in equal rights! According to your response, it is ok to choke a man, but not a woman. Where is the equality in that?

SoCaliSooner
6/26/2011, 12:46 PM

5-0

Trump/ Biff 2012
I've had uncontrollable women patients fight me in the back of a rig. Sometimes you have to use force to restrain somebody...be it male or female.

Whet
6/26/2011, 12:51 PM
There are 2 sides to this trumped up story. Well, the convicted felon, George Soros wants to stir up some trouble. The real story:

Think Progress (That George Soros Place) has been trying to gin up a controversy – ok, lie up a contraversy – that Wisconsin State Justice David Prosser tried to choke fellow Justice Ann Bradley. However we have learned that it was in fact Bradley that tried to attack Prosser and Prosser was simply defending himself.

“”She charged him with fists raised,” the source said.
Prosser “put his hands in a defensive posture,” the source said. “He blocked her.”
In doing so, the source said, he made contact with Bradley’s neck.”
Others who witnessed the event confirm this version of the story.

This wouldn’t be the first time that Bradley lost it during arguments. Sources within the courthouse say she’s a known hothead who constantly berates clerks and other staffers. Prosser has a huge target on his back because of the union case this last spring and one could even say that Bradley who’s election was heavily funded by unions might just have been a set up.

We’ll see.

http://macsmind.com/wordpress/2011/06/25/the-real-story-court-justice-ann-walsh-bradley-attacked-justice-david-prosser/

olevetonahill
6/26/2011, 12:53 PM
Me thinks 5-0 is an Alan Alda wannbe.:D

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2011, 12:58 PM
Gosh, I read the article and the Headline says 270 thousand, not 8 million. Impressive spin, tho.

5-0

Trump/ Flipper 2012Read'n skilz...get some.

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 01:24 PM
I've had uncontrollable women patients fight me in the back of a rig. Sometimes you have to use force to restrain somebody...be it male or female.

Are you saying you controlled them by putting your hands around their necks and choking them?

Or maybe just grabbing their wrists to control them?

Big difference.

Choking a woman in self defense? That's one I haven't heard.

5-0

Trump/ Neanderthal 2012

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 01:28 PM
Read'n skilz...get some.

I re-read the article again and the headline didn't change.

Care to explain it to us?

Turd= Teacher= Fail

5-0

Trump/ Miss Johnson 2012

SoCaliSooner
6/26/2011, 01:49 PM
Are you saying you controlled them by putting your hands around their necks and choking them?

Or maybe just grabbing their wrists to control them?

Big difference.

Choking a woman in self defense? That's one I haven't heard.

5-0

Trump/ Neanderthal 2012

I've done both...and even punched some...

Bradley felt Prosser "was attacking the chief justice," the source said.
Before leaving, Prosser "put his hands around her neck in what (Bradley) described as a chokehold," the source said.
"He did not exert any pressure, but his hands were around her neck," the source said.
The source said the act "was in no way playful."

The source even points out that it was a chokehold..only according to Bradley...not necessarily to the other witnesses. The judge herself even says
"The facts are that I was demanding that he get out of my office and he put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold," she said. "Those are the facts and you can try to spin those facts and try to make it sound like I ran up to him and threw my neck into his hands, but that's only spin." So she already admits that she was doing something that led up to the situation....but refuses to accept responsibility.

What happened and who is believed is clearly based on which way you vote.

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2011, 01:51 PM
5-0 has no agenda...just ask her...

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 02:05 PM
Someone up there is lying.

If Bradley was attacked she should press charges.

If she doesn't, I'll believe Prosser.

Either way, there were witnesses to the event and the truth will come out.

5-0

Trump/ Sputnik Monroe 2012

Mongo
6/26/2011, 02:09 PM

5-0

until the truth comes out, you will start threads already condemning Prosser.

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 02:11 PM
until the truth comes out, you will start threads already condemning Prosser.

Just like you I don't care about Political Opinion. :rolleyes:

5-0

Trump/ Haystack Calhoun 2012

Whet
6/26/2011, 02:28 PM
more about Bradley attacking Prosser

Posted by Moe Lane (Profile)
Sunday, June 26th at 3:00PM EDT
1 Comment
…what? I am perfectly entitled to use the rules of thumb popularized by left-wing hack groups like ThinkProgress or Talking Points Memo: since they felt justified in using uncorroborated anonymous reports to vicariously convict Prosser of assault, they have absolutely no justification for other people using the precise same criteria to vicariously convict Bradley. Besides, my version makes much more coherent sense.

OK, let me explain this one for folks coming in late. About two weeks ago there was supposedly a violen… oh, let’s not use euphemisms: supposedly, two Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices (Prosser and Bradley) got into a fight. It was first reported that Prosser put Bradley in a choke-hold – whereupon most of the Online Left dropped their pants and started typing blissfully angry screeds about how the crime of one Supreme Court Justice attacking another Supreme Court Justice could only be made right with an immediate resignation – only to have it later come out that other reports had it that Bradley had actually charged Prosser with fists raised, and that Prosser was merely defending himself against a larger and younger opponent. Complicating all of this is the minor detail that no charges were apparently filed*, and Bradley has only now come out with a rather belated claim accusing Prosser of the choking, while not explaining why she is not pursuing a criminal case. Which is very possibly due to the fact that there’s at least one witness apparently who told Bradley at the time that no, she had not been choked.

Note, by the way, that all of the people involved – participants and witnesses – are Wisconsin Supreme Court Justices. You’re going to see some fascinating dissents from these people for the next few years.

But back to the matter at hand. I’m buying the charged-Prosser-with-hands-raised version for two** reasons: one, it’s messier and more incoherent, which makes it more likely; and two, there’s the awkward-for-the-Left question about why there was neither an immediate hue-and-cry, nor charges filed. In this scenario, both sides have valid reasons for keeping their mouths shut: the Left doesn’t want to lose one of its judges (which, by the way, groups ThinkProgress and Talking Points Memo will absolutely have to call for, if it turns out that Bradley attacked first), and the Right doesn’t want to have to explain why one of their judges didn’t just sit there and let himself get hit by a woman (yes, in fact, that would be an issue).

Ann Althouse is feeling sort of bad for all the Lefties that may be getting burned by this; I am not. I remember falling for a story like this during the 2008 election; that’s when I adopted a 24-48-72 hour rule on stories that sounded too good/bad to be true. The way things are looking here, a lot of people on the Left may end up wishing that they did the same.

Moe Lane (crosspost)
http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2011/06/26/reviewing-ann-bradleys-physical-attack-on-david-prosser/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

SoCaliSooner
6/26/2011, 02:58 PM

5-0

This happened June 13th I believe....more than enough time to call the police and have him arrested as there were plenty of witnesses.....but instead waits til late yesterday...13 days later..to not call the police, but instead call a reporter.

Sooner98
6/26/2011, 03:56 PM
Admit it, 5-0, you also believed the accuser in the Duke lacrosse rape case, didn't you?

Midtowner
6/26/2011, 04:22 PM
I love how everyone is siding with their respective camps' stories according to who they want to be right.

Facts are now irrelevant.

What is agreed on is that Prosser said some things which personally attacked and offended the Chief Justice, Bradley told him to leave, then physically approached him, then Prosser placed his hands on her neck.

Wow. Both of the justices involved here were acting like children. Prosser should have just left after being asked to. Bradley shouldn't have physically threatened him and Prosser should never have touched Bradley.

Both shouldn't be in the media attacking each other, they should be apologizing to each other and to the taxpayers. The spinning going on here makes me dizzy. And that so many people in this thread are buying one side or the other of it tells us all that the apparent belief that politicians think their adherents are idiots is probably accurate.

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 04:30 PM
If I read the story right, This incident happened two weeks ago. Nothing was reported till someone went to two news agencies. One of them asked Judge Prosser about it and he said he didn't choke Bradley.

Then Bradley read Prosser's statement and came forward with her own statement.

That's where we're at now.

You LOSERS who've come after me personally instead of commenting on the story = FAIL.

5-0

Trump/ Oni 2012

sappstuf
6/26/2011, 05:52 PM
I love how everyone is siding with their respective camps' stories according to who they want to be right.

Facts are now irrelevant.

What is agreed on is that Prosser said some things which personally attacked and offended the Chief Justice, Bradley told him to leave, then physically approached him, then Prosser placed his hands on her neck.

Wow. Both of the justices involved here were acting like children. Prosser should have just left after being asked to. Bradley shouldn't have physically threatened him and Prosser should never have touched Bradley.

Both shouldn't be in the media attacking each other, they should be apologizing to each other and to the taxpayers. The spinning going on here makes me dizzy. And that so many people in this thread are buying one side or the other of it tells us all that the apparent belief that politicians think their adherents are idiots is probably accurate.

Agreed. They should both resign. Who is the governor up there anyway??

OutlandTrophy
6/26/2011, 06:06 PM
I re-read the article again and the headline didn't change.

Care to explain it to us?

Turd= Teacher= Fail

5-0

Trump/ Miss Johnson 2012

You have to read more than just the headling to get the entire story

DOA estimates that the state will end up paying $7.8 million in overtime and expenses for law enforcement during the protests. That total includes $3.9 million for local law enforcement, $3 million for other state agencies and $422,000 for additional supplies and services.

The city of Madison is seeking reimbursement for $682,842 in costs related to the protests, including more than half a million dollars in police overtime. It’s unclear whether the $7.8 million includes Madison’s costs.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/govt-and-politics/article_5e262c4e-7d7e-11e0-a26d-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1QQUOEqLJ

Hawaii 5-0/See Spot Run 2012

Mongo
6/26/2011, 06:37 PM
If I read the story right, This incident happened two weeks ago. Nothing was reported till someone went to two news agencies. One of them asked Judge Prosser about it and he said he didn't choke Bradley.

Then Bradley read Prosser's statement and came forward with her own statement.

That's where we're at now.

You LOSERS who've come after me personally instead of commenting on the story = FAIL.

5-0

Trump/ Oni 2012

it isnt our fault you are a political hack looking like a doosh in your own thread

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2011, 06:51 PM
it isnt our fault you are a political hack looking like a doosh in your own threadHeh...and Midtowner falling right in with her...:D:D

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 08:27 PM
According to Fox News, Prosser admitted he "might have accidently touched her neck".

The Koch Brothers are getting their checkbooks out.

5-0

Trump/ He Man WomenHaters 2012

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 08:29 PM
it isnt our fault you are a political hack looking like a doosh in your own thread

This is especially funny coming from you. ;)

5-0

Trump/ Stimpy 2012

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2011, 10:07 PM
This is especially funny coming from you. ;)

5-0

Trump/ Stimpy 2012Show me where Mongo has been a hack on either side, and I'll get yermom to blow ya...

Mongo
6/26/2011, 10:29 PM
Show me where Mongo has been a hack on either side, and I'll get yermom to blow ya...

I think he meant doosh. i'll own that part:D

SCOUT
6/26/2011, 10:35 PM
According to Fox News, Prosser admitted he "might have accidently touched her neck".

The Koch Brothers are getting their checkbooks out.

5-0

Trump/ He Man WomenHaters 2012

Accidentally touched her neck = headlock/choking? What, are the Koch Brothers getting the dictionary rewritten?

SoonerBread
6/26/2011, 10:57 PM
Accidentally touched her neck = headlock/choking? What, are the Koch Brothers getting the dictionary rewritten?

Careful, 5-0 will call you stupid and compare you to a rock.

5-0/ Reading is FUN-damental 2012

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 11:49 PM
Show me where Mongo has been a hack on either side, and I'll get yermom to blow ya...

First I wasn't gonna do it, but then I decided to search and it was SoonerNate, not Mongo. I stand corrected and I apologize to Mongo for mistaking him for Nate.

5-0

Trump/ Bilbo 2012

tcrb
6/27/2011, 06:31 AM
First I wasn't gonna do it, but then I decided to search and it was SoonerNate, not Mongo. I stand corrected and I apologize to Mongo for mistaking him for Nate.

5-0

Trump/ Bilbo 2012

You shoulda just left it alone. If you mistook Mongo for Nate, you owe him much more than an apology.
:gary:

dwarthog
6/27/2011, 08:20 AM

See Clinton and BJ ≠ Sex....

Lots of leeway in the liberal lexicon...

badger
6/27/2011, 11:33 AM
I remember Prosser. Here's how a teen badger remembers it:

A longterm Congressman by the name of Roth (Toby, I think, he was Republican) decided to go into lobbying instead, and as such, an open Congress seat in the Green Bay area district (yes, political campaigns up there center around wearing as much Packer gear as possible). Prosser ran against a longtime TV guy, Jay Johnson, whom I heard from one of his colleagues that he usually got lost in his notes during live broadcasts :D

Prosser was defeated by Johnson, who was then defeated after one term by Mark Green (Republican), who (yes, just like those Bible verses with a lot begat begat begat, sorry) then ran for Governor and lost to (Democrat) incumbent Jim Doyle, who decided against running for re-election in 2010, leading to the election of... current (Republican) Wisconsin Gov. Walker.

Everything ties together somehow in politics. The important thing here is that after Prosser lost to Johnson, an open Supreme Court seat was given to him by then-Gov. Tommy Thompson (Republican), who preceded Doyle (well, after his lt. gov. took over for a partial term after he joined W. in Washington after the 2000 election finally settled).

Politics = confusing. Why do I remember all of these stupid details?

hawaii 5-0
6/27/2011, 11:45 AM
This happened June 13th I believe....more than enough time to call the police and have him arrested as there were plenty of witnesses.....but instead waits til late yesterday...13 days later..to not call the police, but instead call a reporter.

First Rule of the Supreme Court Fight Club...........You will not talk about the Supreme Court Fight Club.

5-0

Trump/ Norton 2012

Bourbon St Sooner
6/27/2011, 12:37 PM
Can we give wisconsin to the Canadians now so I don't have to hear about them anymore? It's not like they have any oil up there or anything we need.

Ooh, lets swap the Canadians whisky for Alberta. Sounds good to me.

Then again, obama will just shut down the oil sands, so maybe not. We'll just give them whisky and they can let us win the gold medal in hockey next time. Sounds like an even trade to me..

badger
6/27/2011, 12:51 PM
Can we give wisconsin to the Canadians now so I don't have to hear about them anymore? It's not like they have any oil up there or anything we need.

Ooh, lets swap the Canadians whisky for Alberta. Sounds good to me.

Then again, obama will just shut down the oil sands, so maybe not. We'll just give them whisky and they can let us win the gold medal in hockey next time. Sounds like an even trade to me..

You say that now, just wait till water is as scarce and valuable as oil. T. Bone Pick just sold some water rights in Texas for nine figures!

Bourbon St Sooner
6/27/2011, 01:43 PM
You say that now, just wait till water is as scarce and valuable as oil. T. Bone Pick just sold some water rights in Texas for nine figures!

Eh, who really wants tha dirty Lake Superior water anyways. Desalination can be the next DOE type gov't boondoggle.

hawaii 5-0
6/27/2011, 01:50 PM
Wisconsin in the Spring, Summer and Fall is beautiful.

Winter.......not so much.

Dark, rich soil. Rolling hills. Clear lakes. Woods without poison oak. Lots of deer. It's nice.

5-0

Trump/ Biggles 2012

badger
6/27/2011, 02:21 PM
Woods without poison oak.

:mad: Why was I not informed of these woods' whereabouts when I lived up there?! :mad:

:D Seriously though, I was more of a burning nettle victim than poison oak. The burnin' and the poison ivy were the bad stuff as I recall. That and poison sumac.

Burning nettle though, aaaaargh! It would make your skin dot up like you have chicken pox, and itch like it too :(

stevo
6/27/2011, 02:27 PM
I've had uncontrollable women patients fight me in ________. Sometimes you have to use force to restrain somebody...be it male or female.

mad lib time!!

soonercruiser
6/27/2011, 08:32 PM
Iffin' Posser did have his hands around her throat, and nobody intervened......why'd he let go????
:D

Whet
6/27/2011, 08:38 PM
Wisconsin in the Spring, Summer and Fall is beautiful.

Winter.......not so much.

Dark, rich soil. Rolling hills. Clear lakes. Woods without poison oak. Lots of deer. It's nice.

5-0

Trump/ Biggles 2012

Don't forget the cheese curds!

CrimsonCream
6/28/2011, 07:32 AM

I was thinking the same thing. The Loon needed choking.

soonercruiser
6/28/2011, 12:33 PM
I remember Prosser. Here's how a teen badger remembers it:

A longterm Congressman by the name of Roth (Toby, I think, he was Republican) decided to go into lobbying instead, and as such, an open Congress seat in the Green Bay area district (yes, political campaigns up there center around wearing as much Packer gear as possible). Prosser ran against a longtime TV guy, Jay Johnson, whom I heard from one of his colleagues that he usually got lost in his notes during live broadcasts :D

Prosser was defeated by Johnson, who was then defeated after one term by Mark Green (Republican), who (yes, just like those Bible verses with a lot begat begat begat, sorry) then ran for Governor and lost to (Democrat) incumbent Jim Doyle, who decided against running for re-election in 2010, leading to the election of... current (Republican) Wisconsin Gov. Walker.

Everything ties together somehow in politics. The important thing here is that after Prosser lost to Johnson, an open Supreme Court seat was given to him by then-Gov. Tommy Thompson (Republican), who preceded Doyle (well, after his lt. gov. took over for a partial term after he joined W. in Washington after the 2000 election finally settled).

Politics = confusing. Why do I remember all of these stupid details?

Dang!
I got lost midway through the first chapter of Badger Genesis!
:D

sappstuf
6/29/2011, 08:52 AM
Gosh, no charges have been filed yet?? Sounds like the Weiner story all over again to me..

"Believe me and don't involve the cops!!" :rolleyes: