PDA

View Full Version : What is the first day of the week in your world?

OK2LA
6/25/2011, 11:00 PM
Sunday or Monday?:confused:

afs
6/25/2011, 11:08 PM
Wednesday

Chuck Bao
6/26/2011, 01:17 AM
I have traveled to quite a few countries around the world and I have never seen a calendar that doesn't start the week on Sunday in the first column. Or, maybe I misread your question, OK2LA.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2011, 01:44 AM
Monday is the first day of my workweek, although in the past, I've had the good fortune of Tuesday being my Monday and Thursday being my Friday.

Dean told me, for him, now everyday is Saturday.

C&CDean
6/26/2011, 08:06 AM
Dean told me, for him, now everyday is Saturday.

True enough. It's effing allsome. The only problem right now is that every day since I've retired has been ~100 degrees, sunny, and nary a drop of rain. I'm ready for a Stormy Monday bigtime.

SoonerStormchaser
6/26/2011, 08:12 AM
Out here, Friday is their Sunday...

SoCaliSooner
6/26/2011, 11:27 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/fdmedictomc/firepics/PEShiftCalendar1-1.gif

The red days. No real "Monday-Friday", just the days in red.

Peach Fuzz
6/26/2011, 11:32 AM
do you rest in the morning or at night? same applies to the week for me, rest at the END of the week= Sunday :)

olevetonahill
6/26/2011, 11:34 AM
Wit me evry Day is a Holiday :D :cool:

h81Ojd3d2rY

tcrb
6/26/2011, 12:18 PM
Monday is the first day of my work week, and Thursday is the last day of my work week.

olevetonahill
6/26/2011, 12:24 PM
Monday is the first day of my work week, and Thursday is the last day of my work week.

Lazy bastage , only 4 days? ya just aint right.:D
YtuybFrq7Rw

thecynic
6/26/2011, 01:21 PM
my world has no weeks

OK2LA
6/26/2011, 10:33 PM
I have traveled to quite a few countries around the world and I have never seen a calendar that doesn't start the week on Sunday in the first column. Or, maybe I misread your question, OK2LA.

No, I think you understood it pretty well.

Yes, every calendar that I've come across is the same way.

Sunday is the FIRST day of the week.

For me - in my 'sky is pink' world - Monday is the first day of the week - as with many of you other normal work schedule M-F folks - there is something called the weekEND (at the end of the week) that generally has a Saturday and a Sunday.

I guess as a kid I remember reading (Gen. 2:2) 'On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested . . . ' In my mind, the week went Monday through Sunday (7th day)

There is the issue of the Sabbath (Saturday, as I understand it). After the resurection, we Christians started worshiping God on Sunday.

I think that I just assumed that Sunday was the 7th day of the week from there. According to the calendar and my wife - I am sorely mistaken.

I've gone a few decades thinking it was this way, so as I see it, nothing will likely change the way I look at the way a week is laid out.:O

Chuck Bao
6/26/2011, 11:09 PM
No, I think you understood it pretty well.

Yes, every calendar that I've come across is the same way.

Sunday is the FIRST day of the week.

For me - in my 'sky is pink' world - Monday is the first day of the week - as with many of you other normal work schedule M-F folks - there is something called the weekEND (at the end of the week) that generally has a Saturday and a Sunday.

I guess as a kid I remember reading (Gen. 2:2) 'On the seventh day God had finished his work of creation, so he rested . . . ' In my mind, the week went Monday through Sunday (7th day)

There is the issue of the Sabbath (Saturday, as I understand it). After the resurection, we Christians started worshiping God on Sunday.

I think that I just assumed that Sunday was the 7th day of the week from there. According to the calendar and my wife - I am sorely mistaken.

I've gone a few decades thinking it was this way, so as I see it, nothing will likely change the way I look at the way a week is laid out.:O

My entire professional working life was M-F.

Oh, there was a few years in Hong Kong when my company required all employees to work half days on Saturday. Nobody knew why since the stock market was closed on Saturdays. I guess the company just thought we would be up to no good otherwise and that was probably right. We would all just joke around and wait for 12pm and the secretary had already booked a table at a dim sum restaurant for all us. We would start in on the beer and from there was the pub crawl.

No wonder that I am an alcoholic now. That was life in Hong Kong - work and the pub.

My Chinese friends would tell me that they didn't use to have weeks or weekends. They worked all of the time.

I think my dad was part Chinese because there was no day of rest around him.

texaspokieokie
6/27/2011, 09:36 AM
i do nothing for 6 days & rest on Sunday.