PDA

View Full Version : You Tell me what prompted this?

I Am Right
6/25/2011, 04:02 PM
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - All eight suspects are in custody after a brutal attack in Five Points early Monday morning which left the teenage victim in critical condition, according to Columbia police.

Columbia Police Department spokeswoman Jennifer Timmons said 19-year-old Thyeem Henrey was charged with second degree assault and battery by mob, common law robbery, and criminal conspiracy. He appeared in court Friday afternoon where the judge set bond at $750,000. That bond does not allow Henrey's release upon posting only 10%, which is sometimes permitted by the court.

At his first court appearance on the latest charges against him, Henrey gave no indication what might have led to Monday morning's savage assault. But he cried as the frustrations of the victim's parents boiled over. "I'm having to give you my right to judge whether he deserves freedom or not," said Strange's mother Vicki. "That's hard for me. But since Carter didn't fight against them eight Sunday, I'm going to fight for him now. I'm going to fight for him until my last breath."

"I pray that you get your life right," said Strange's father John. "Find God. If you pray for forgiveness, he will forgive you. I don't have that in my heart right now. Maybe one day, but not today.

PHOTO GALLERY

Click here to view more photos of Carter. WARNING: GALLERY CONTAINS GRAPHIC IMAGES The 19-year-old is the only adult in a group of eight being held by Columbia police. The other seven suspects are all juveniles, according to Timmons. Their names cannot be released.

She said a 14-year-old, 15-year-old, and 16-year-old were charged with strong arm robbery, second degree assault and battery by a mob, and criminal conspiracy.

A 13-year-old and three other 16-year-olds were all charged with criminal conspiracy, according to Timmons.

Similar hearings will be held for the juvenile suspects. One of the 16-year-olds also had a bond hearing Friday afternoon, but reporters were not allowed inside.

Timmons said most of the suspects turned themselves in with their parents after the surveillance footage was shown on the news.

Police Chief Randy Scott said the 18-year-old victim, later identified as Carter Strange, was jogging through a parking lot near the intersection of Blossom Street and Saluda Avenue just after midnight on Monday when the assault happened. "This teenager was minding his own business, trying to make his curfew when he was brutally attacked and robbed," said Scott.

Police said Henrey and the seven juveniles he was with were roaming Five Points, targeting others until they came across strange. In fact, investigators said the group tried unsuccessfully to rob or assault at least four other people.

They've been dealing with a flood of angry reactions from the public. "I've been on the phone all day fielding calls from the community about increasing patrols in Five Points, and what I have to explain is I'm responsible for Columbia, not just Five Points, not just the Vista," said Chief Randy Scott.

Vicki said her son was headed home after visiting a friend slightly past his midnight curfew. "At 12:07 he wasn't home, I called him and said 'Carter where are you?'" recounted Vicki. "He said 'Momma, I'm almost home. I'll be there in just a minute.' At 12:15 I called, but the phone was dead."

Timmons said surveillance video taken in the area shows four of the suspects running towards Carter, though police only released video of the suspects walking on Harden Street. Investigators believe the suspects assaulted Carter and stole his cell phone before leaving him in the parking lot.

After the assault, Scott said Carter managed to make it a block down the road to Edisto Avenue, where a passerby found him two hours later and called 9-1-1. Carter was taken to a local hospital, where he is still in critical condition.

Vicki said she rushed to the hospital and found a son she could barely recognize. "I literally bent over him; I recognized his hand and his hair, and I said 'that's my son,'" Vicki told WIS News 10.

Carter's family told police the beating was so severe he required emergency surgery to remove a brain clot. He had his second surgery Friday afternoon, which was for facial reconstruction. It's Carter's latest step in a long road to recovery. "He did nothing to them," said Vicki. "They didn't know him, they didn't know the kind of person he was, they don't know the kind of man he's grown up to be and they don't know the lives he's touched. But they thought he was so less of a person, they thought this would be okay."

Carter's family told WIS News 10 he recently graduated from Dreher High School. "As a parent, you don't want to see your kids hurt," said Carter's father, John Strange. "I'd give anything to trade places with him that night and now."

"We got lucky he didn't die," said Vicki. "Next person won't be lucky. If they did this now, what's to stop them from doing it again?"

Copyright 2011 WIS. All rights reserved.

I Am Right
6/25/2011, 04:03 PM
Read, Ann Coulters "Demonic"will give you the answer

Whet
6/25/2011, 08:34 PM
This:

Celita Hart, 19, stood silently in court today when she appeared for a bond hearing.

Prosecutors said Hart, who is black, yelled " 'White bitch, [expletive] you McCain--you white police can't do nothing anymore.'" With that, she reached through the window of a squad car and slapped a white male officer in the face, according to Assistant State's Atty. Lorraine Scaduto.

The incident occurred after police responded to a crowd of people celebrating Obama's win on the corner of 69th Street and Western Avenue.

Narada Thomas, 23, of the 1200 North Central Avenue, allegedly gave a similar explanation after he was arrested with a handgun near his home. "He said he had the gun because he wanted to celebrate Obama becoming the first black president," Scaduto said.

Kenneth Smith, 24, of the 6700 block of South Ada Street, was arrested after he allegedly fired a handgun outside his home. Smith, who is on parole for a previous weapons conviction, told authorities that "the police only arrested him because a black man won for president," Scaduto said.

Robert Morgan, 54, of the 5700 South Lowe Avenue, appeared to have simply been caught up in the excitement.

When officers arrested him for allegedly firing a handgun into the air from his back porch, "He told the officers, 'Everyone else is shooting off their guns--I figured, why not?'" Scaduto said.

Whet
6/25/2011, 09:17 PM
Mobs have been running free in Chicago for some time now. The local newspapers have ignored these attacks, until about 2-3 weeks ago.

Teen Mob Hits Walgreens On The Mag Mile
CHICAGO (CBS) — The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.

Some 50 young people barged into a Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago on the Magnificent Mile on Tuesday afternoon. They took bottled drinks and sandwiches off the shelves, then ran off, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.

A police report says authorities were able to nab three of the thieves.

Walgreens says the store is working with police, helping investigators with video from the store security camera.

The Mag Mile earlier this year was hit by similar mobs of young thieves. Attacks on commuters and bicyclists have become violent, and police have stepped up patrols.

I Am Right
6/26/2011, 01:32 PM
Peorians living in fear
This eye-witness account is from Paul Wilkinson, president of the Altamont Park Neighborhood Association:

Tonight, around 11 p.m., a group of at least 60-70 African American youth marched down one of the side streets (W. Thrush) to the 4 lane main drag (Sheridan). They were yelling threats to white residents. Things such as we need to kill alll the white people around here. They were physically intimidating anyone calling for help from the police. They were surrounding cars. Cars on the main drag had to slam on their brakes to either avoid the youth blocking not only all four lanes, but a large section of the side street as well. fights were breaking out among them. They were rushing residents who looked out their doors, going on to porches, yelling threats to people calling the police for help.

Cars were doing U turns on the streets just to avoid the mob, mostly male. One youth stated his grandfather was white and several assaulted him on the spot. One police officer answered the call. The youth split into two large groups, one heading north, the other south. They were also yelling racial threats to the police officer but he was outnumbered. Another police car did not show up until after the youth finally dispersed and the patty wagon (van) also eventually showed up.

Residents are very shaken, both black and white alike. This is the fifth large mob action in about a month with smaller groups of 10-12 are out threatening children and adults a few evenings a week or later into the night. The times vary, even occuring during the day. In talking to the police officer, they are short staffed. Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors. In other words buckle down, it’s not even safe to sit on your porch or go into your yards.
“The fifth large mob action in about a month.” Wow. This is really outrageous. Why is this neighborhood having to put up with this? “Residents were advised to simply keep inside and to lock their doors”? Seriously? That’s the best we can do for our fellow citizens’ safety?

This needs to be addressed, and quickly.

hawaii 5-0
6/26/2011, 01:45 PM
Reminds me of 1968.

5-0

Trump/ Huey 2012

yermom
6/26/2011, 01:47 PM
they need shotguns for that kinda deal.

http://www.frgdr.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tarantino_1994_pulp_fiction_trunk_shot.jpg

Turd_Ferguson
6/26/2011, 01:50 PM
Whitey just need to get the hell out before it gets all discombobulated up in hurr...

Whet
6/26/2011, 02:03 PM
Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears

Sunday, June 26, 2011

By LINDA REILLY
Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — A mob of about 40 people stormed into the Sears department store on 69th Street Thursday, and in a flash stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, officials said.

Police were able to round up 15 juveniles and one adult, 19, all from West Philadelphia.

“They came in on the El train and hit Sears,” police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “They stole sneakers, socks, watches, whatever they could get their hands on, and left.

“Imagine the guts of this gang of young hoodlums. One was 11 years old. The others arrested ranged from 12 to 16 years old. They planned this out earlier in the day on a social networking site. It was pre-planned. They got on the El, got off at 69th Street Terminal and walked up the hill to Sears.”

Kyree Marsh, 19, of the 5500 block of Spruce Street, Philadelphia, was arrested and charged with retail theft, conspiracy to retail theft and corruption of minors.

Police recovered some of the stolen sneakers and socks that were in the backpack of one of the individuals arrested and in the pockets of others taken into custody.

According to the affidavit, the Sears loss-prevention officer saw the mob enter the store at 7:09 p.m. on Thursday.

The group then began taking merchandise off the shelves.

“He watched the group enter the store together from the 69th Street entrance,” Chitwood said. “It was fast. They ran out, leaving empty shoeboxes and store tags behind. Fortunately, no customers or store employees got hurt.

“Due to the quick response by police, we were able to grab them up. They were heading back to the El train.”

According to Chitwood, the juveniles received citations for retail theft and will answer charges before the county’s juvenile justice system.

“The parents should be held accountable,” Chitwood said. “And where were the parents of the 11- and 12-year-olds when their children were riding into 69th street with a mob of teenagers? If I could, I would charge the parents. Certainly, this is unacceptable behavior. It was intentionally planned earlier in the day to gather and go to Upper Darby to rob and pillage. There has got to be consequences, and I don’t mean a slap on the wrist. The county has got to send a strong message. This was a (pack) attack and will not be tolerated.”
http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/06/26/news/doc4e0696aaf127f552097776.txt?nstrack=sid:3501255| met:300|cat:0|order:1

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/26/2011, 02:12 PM
Black people have it so bad. They get into college easier than white people, they are guaranteed to be interviewed for a job and sometimes even get it even though they are sometimes less qualified...I could go on but I might get banned

Memtig14
6/26/2011, 02:17 PM
Maybe I'll go to pharmacy school. That might help.

StoopTroup
6/26/2011, 03:16 PM
You all need to watch this. It will really get you thinking. Its to bad that both sides of this issue don't take more of stand to stop history from repeating itself over and over. I'm not sure blaming people's ancestors is very positive and I'm not expecting our politicians do much to help anymore either.

http://www.utexas.edu/diversity/newsletter/2011/January/Images/WIR.jpg

KantoSooner
6/26/2011, 03:20 PM
they need shotguns for that kinda deal.

http://www.frgdr.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tarantino_1994_pulp_fiction_trunk_shot.jpg

'L' ambush, with shotties. Untraceable shot and you get 10-15 residents, you can lay down a s-load of fire in a big hurry. Probably drop 40-50 rioters in less than a minute. Then go home and clean your weapons and put them away.
Lemonade time.

I'd suggest surgical gloves and then dump them in a paint can of acetone. No powder on your hands and no gloves from which to get sweat, hair, etc.

Flagstaffsooner
6/26/2011, 03:45 PM
'L' ambush, with shotties. Untraceable shot and you get 10-15 residents, you can lay down a s-load of fire in a big hurry. Probably drop 40-50 rioters in less than a minute. Then go home and clean your weapons and put them away.
Lemonade time.

I'd suggest surgical gloves and then dump them in a paint can of acetone. No powder on your hands and no gloves from which to get sweat, hair, etc.You've done this before?;)

sooner59
6/26/2011, 05:01 PM
NSFW

-z2ucmARq-k

Saul Good
6/26/2011, 08:30 PM
Is any of this real? Seriously

Peach Fuzz
6/26/2011, 08:41 PM
unfortunately... black and overworked seems to start at a younger and younger age... Not pinning all blacks down, but sadly, statistics don't lie.

Course we could say the same about southern whites and the 3rd KKK, but they didn't steal ****.

soonerloyal
6/27/2011, 12:05 PM
Course we could say the same about southern whites and the 3rd KKK, but they didn't steal ****.

Because terrorism, assault, arson and murder just fall short of all wrong.

Holy crap, "what prompted this", really? STUPIDITY. The End.

87sooner
6/27/2011, 12:45 PM
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhafNEnJmHv3Sr08EL

Dan Thompson
6/27/2011, 08:01 PM
Come live in Irvine, CA.

If we are unlucky, we might have 1 murder a year. Our last one was between a seperated husband and wife that did not live here.

Irivne is one of the safest cities, over 200,000 in the US.

Canyonero
6/27/2011, 10:50 PM
Cars on the main drag had to slam on their brakes to either avoid the youth blocking not only all four lanes, but a large section of the side street as well.

To bad this guy wasn't around.

UJDLyNNl1ek

SpankyNek
6/27/2011, 11:27 PM
It is largely prompted by ignorance, lack of parental control, and the minimal level of personal accountability/compassion, which is a direct product of the first two deviant stations.

Peach Fuzz
6/28/2011, 12:15 AM
Or lack of homeowners firing a shot or two in the air to scatter them... nothing says GTFO like the sound of a pump shotty