PDA

View Full Version : My Tweet and Answer from Bruce

oudavid1
6/24/2011, 11:00 PM
Bruce Feldman of ESPN.com's Insider Page

From @DavidLeake: Who has the best offensive line in the country this year?

I'll go with the Alabama Crimson Tide. The Tide lost some quality big guys, most notably offensive tackle James Carpenter, but they return a lot of talent and experience up front. Center William Vlachos is a good anchor for the line. He's nasty and has played in a lot of big games, lining up against a bunch of stud defensive linemen. Barrett Jones is an All-SEC talent while Alfred McCullough and Chance Warmack are both very solid.

D.J. Fluker, the enormous young tackle, is a rising star. They also bring in stud OT Cyrus Kouandjio, arguably the nation's top offensive line prospect. That's a lot to work with. There are some other teams that have a bunch of gifted linemen, but I can't think of any team with the combination of big athletes and experienced performers that Bama has.

After the Tide, the next best group probably belongs to the Oklahoma State Cowboys, who return all five starters from an offense that piled up points last year. Both Lane Taylor and Levy Adcock are among the best in the country at their positions.

REALLY? :eek:

JLEW1818
6/24/2011, 11:41 PM
Feldman sucks too... so does Joe Schad ... he should be kicked in the dong.

honestly the smartest ESPN College Football person is Kirk Herbstreit

Sooner_Tuf
6/25/2011, 12:03 AM
OSU had a good O line last year. At least on paper. They played one of the easiest schedules possible.

But still they deserve respect for giving up very sacks and opening holes well for the run game. Wickline is a good coach and is responsible for much of the offensive success the cowboys have had in recent years.

It surprised me that he turned down Texas when they offered him a job a few months ago.

ouwasp
6/25/2011, 12:14 AM
I too have to offer grudging respect for the poke o-line. Didn't they start two freshmen at tackle last yr? Usually that would be a ready-made excuse for mediocrity, but they really performed well. Maybe they'll have a sophomore slump :)....

mavsfan31
6/25/2011, 12:58 AM
They played pretty well, not sure I would say they will be the best this year.

Who knows though, only time will tell.

Dwight
6/25/2011, 01:27 AM
Feldman sucks too... so does Joe Schad ... he should be kicked in the dong.

honestly the smartest ESPN College Football person is Kirk Herbstreit

This. He's my favourite.

silverwheels
6/25/2011, 02:41 PM
OSU's OL coach is very good. They're going to have a solid or better line every year. This should be no surprise.

yermom
6/25/2011, 02:43 PM
they did give us more than we wanted last year

KNEE BRACE
6/25/2011, 05:07 PM
Their offensive line is fantastic, why are people so surprised?

BoulderSooner79
6/25/2011, 05:47 PM

Actually, OSU gave us about what I wanted last year - a 'W'. :D

picasso
6/25/2011, 06:07 PM

They didn't run so well and we made Taylor Weeden pee his pants once or twice.
In fact, I think Austin Box was the first player last year to make him cry.

sooneredaco
6/25/2011, 10:30 PM

Those sheep humpers didn't give us a thing. We took it.

BoulderSooner79
6/26/2011, 12:21 AM

Those sheep humpers didn't give us a thing. We took it.

When doing a play on words, you have to work with the words you're dealt, my friend.

cleller
6/26/2011, 07:44 AM
I can hardly believe I read a thread with "tweet" and "Bruce" in the title.

Frozen Sooner
6/26/2011, 11:50 AM
Man, if there was only a way people could follow your tweets without you posting them here.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/26/2011, 11:58 AM
Can their O line protect them from the inevitable NCAA investigation that is about to happen to them?

SoonerofAlabama
6/26/2011, 08:13 PM
On the subject of twitter. When told that the Seminoles were talking a lot of smack about the Sooners, Tony Jefferson responded with this:

yu just tell them Emanuel better have his legs fresh to run, cuz we comin after em

:D

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 08:17 PM
So oudavid1, are you following Ryan Broyles yet?

goingoneight
6/30/2011, 08:28 PM
I like when players talk smack and back it up... but man, Jefferson and Stills are some major trash talkers.

Good smack talkers: Torrance Marshall (FSU 2001), Gerald McCoy (Tech 2008)

Bad smack-talker... bad, bad BAD smack-talker!: Larry Birdine (USC 2005), Trent Smith (OSU 2002)

Better light'em up Sooners... Jefferson likes to talk.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 08:36 PM
I like when players talk smack and back it up... but man, Jefferson and Stills are some major trash talkers.

Yeah, they were chatting with Von Miller earlier about last year's game and this year's game.