PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement: Fathers & Guardians

Tin Cup
6/24/2011, 07:53 PM
When you either let your family use or buy your spouse, children a vehicle. Make them read the D@MN manuel, so when they have either mechanical problems or a flat they know where to find sh!t. Or I will do my best to embarassed then on the side of the road. And if you drive a POS vehicle, don't drive farther than 2 blocks from your residence. A D@MN shame people today have no knowledge of how to change a flat, I am sure they have APP for it.

olevetonahill
6/24/2011, 08:00 PM
Well aint you just Mr ****in sunshine :rolleyes:

soonerchk
6/24/2011, 08:46 PM
When you either let your family use or buy your spouse, children a vehicle. Make them read the D@MN manuel, so when they have either mechanical problems or a flat they know where to find sh!t. Or I will do my best to embarassed then on the side of the road. And if you drive a POS vehicle, don't drive farther than 2 blocks from your residence. A D@MN shame people today have no knowledge of how to change a flat, I am sure they have APP for it.

Why do I need to know how to change a tire when I can get you to do it for me?

Mongo
6/24/2011, 08:47 PM

<powdering hand>

Tin Cup
6/24/2011, 08:52 PM

Only for you! Chuck Would not want you to scuff up your stilletto's

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 09:04 PM
Why can't bitches change the damn flat? I mean.....they can drive an Indy Car or a Nascar....then they should be able to change a flat?

OUinFLA
6/24/2011, 09:17 PM
I had a salesman in his 60's call me one morning saying he would be late due to a flat, I asked how long did he think it would take him to change it and get to work?

Change it? I've never changed a tire in my life, I have no idea how to do that. I don't even know if I have a jack

I was flabberghsted. I tossed a farm jack and a lug wrench into my truck and headed over to where he was, changed his tire, he at least had a spare, but believe it or not, he had no jack.

His response...... Since I didnt know how to change a tire, I took the jack out so I could store some stuff in there before I took my vacation last year.

geeze.

stoopified
6/24/2011, 09:51 PM
When you either let your family use or buy your spouse, children a vehicle. Make them read the D@MN manuel, so when they have either mechanical problems or a flat they know where to find sh!t. Or I will do my best to embarassed then on the side of the road. And if you drive a POS vehicle, don't drive farther than 2 blocks from your residence. A D@MN shame people today have no knowledge of how to change a flat, I am sure they have APP for it.DO YOU WORK IN THE AUTO CLUB INDUSTRY?

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 09:59 PM
OK Tin Cup...
Spill the beans. Who dun it?

Tin Cup
6/24/2011, 10:01 PM
DO YOU WORK IN THE AUTO CLUB INDUSTRY?

I sell safety to motoring public.

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 10:10 PM
I heard Ryan Dunn was reading his Driving manual before he took off in his car

SoCaliSooner
6/25/2011, 01:35 AM
http://www.centralfloridafuture.com/polopoly_fs/1.1631009!/image/2097708402.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_240/2097708402.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2011, 04:51 AM
BTW adding to this PSA, Dump the can-opener lug wrench that came with your vehicle and get a 4 way. Better leverage.

3rdgensooner
6/25/2011, 12:38 PM
I prefer to be self-sufficient, almost to a fault. I know how to change a tire but the couple of times that knowledge would have come in handy, I couldn't get the damn machine-tightened lug nuts off.

OutlandTrophy
6/25/2011, 01:07 PM
has anyone else ever changed a good tire for the hurry-home tire as an excuse for being late to work?

I was going to be about 15 minutes late to formation in the Reserve one Saturday so I swapped them out and told my 1st Sergeant that I was late because I had a flat tire. Sure enough my commander came out to check that I did have the spare on there.

Thankfully he didn't check the trunk or he would have found a prefectly good tire in there.

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2011, 01:10 PM
I prefer to be self-sufficient, almost to a fault. I know how to change a tire but the couple of times that knowledge would have come in handy, I couldn't get the damn machine-tightened lug nuts off.
See my post above yours.

Mongo
6/25/2011, 01:42 PM
has anyone else ever changed a good tire for the hurry-home tire as an excuse for being late to work?

I was going to be about 15 minutes late to formation in the Reserve one Saturday so I swapped them out and told my 1st Sergeant that I was late because I had a flat tire. Sure enough my commander came out to check that I did have the spare on there.

Thankfully he didn't check the trunk or he would have found a prefectly good tire in there.

thank you for your service to our country:D

OutlandTrophy
6/25/2011, 02:20 PM
:D

delhalew
6/25/2011, 10:22 PM
I delivered pizza for a month on a donut when I was 19. That's a lot of miles folks.

Chuck Bao
6/26/2011, 01:03 AM

What Flag said. Or, carry a two-foot pipe in your trunk to give you more leverage. I have to do that sometimes even when I have a four-way lug wrench.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/26/2011, 01:53 AM
When I was a teenager, I could only afford retreads - so I got lots of experience changing tires during the hot summer months when they became unglued.