PDA

View Full Version : Muschump loses another...

Ruf/Nek7
6/24/2011, 07:22 PM
Just one day after Florida CB Janoris Jenkin officially transferred to Norh Alabama, LB Chris Martin announced he too will be transferring. He has not announced where he will be going but gators are jumping ship. Kind of surprising seeing how muschump is a defensive minded coach.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 07:30 PM
Potentially could land us more Florida commits also. Seeing a team in mild chaos like this, a recruit could potentially get scared off and look for his other choices.

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2011, 07:43 PM
Jenkins was kicked off the team, though. I mean, it's not like he left because he didn't like playing for Florida.

NorCal Sooner
6/24/2011, 07:47 PM
Redshirt freshman defensive end/linebacker Chris Martin played what he termed an “early April Fools” joke back in March, claiming that he had been dismissed from the Florida Gators. The University of Florida was not joking Friday evening when it announced that Martin, a former five-star recruit who transferred to Florida from California a year ago, has decided to transfer once again.

Having never suited up for the Gators, Martin will leave the program without making any notable mark other than having been arrested on Jan. 29 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana. The Gainesville Police Department cited Martin for possession of less than two grams after detecting “the cent of the drug coming from [his] vehicle.” He was offered and accepted deferred prosecution by the state.

Martin will be forced to sit out yet another season due to NCAA transfer rules unless he moves to a Division-II program.

He will be the fifth Florida player to leave the program since head coach Will Muschamp arrived. Senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins was dismissed from the team following two marijuana arrests in less than 90 days and redshirt freshman wide receiver Chris Dunkley, freshman WR Javares McRoy and freshman running back Mike Blakely all decided to transfer for various reasons.

Martin’s transfer was first reported by the Orlando Sentinel‘s Rachel George.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/06/24/2011/delb-chris-martin-to-transfer-out-of-florida/#ixzz1QFClyk00
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

Frozen Sooner
6/24/2011, 07:48 PM
And honestly, if I were already slamming Gwyneth Paltrow and touring around the world with Coldplay, I'd leave Florida as well.

Ruf/Nek7
6/24/2011, 08:14 PM
I sit here and post this and just realized who exactly this guy was. Chris Martin had OU pretty high on his top schools and surprised many when he chose Cal.

PLaw
6/24/2011, 08:15 PM
Bill is just managing his roster and weeding out those that don't fit what he wants. Annually renewed schollies and medical unable to play gets fully exploited in the SEC.

BOOMER5

Soonermagik
6/24/2011, 09:10 PM
Florida State is the new hot school in the state of Florida.

47straight
6/25/2011, 09:48 AM
Kids transfer all the time, even without a new coach, but how many is this so far?

mavsfan31
6/25/2011, 10:51 AM
I sit here and post this and just realized who exactly this guy was. Chris Martin had OU pretty high on his top schools and surprised many when he chose Cal.

I'm sorry but a bit of a red flag is raised after this. Transferring two times??

badger
6/25/2011, 12:36 PM
Bill is just managing his roster and weeding out those that don't fit what he wants. Annually renewed schollies and medical unable to play gets fully exploited in the SEC.

BOOMER5

There'll be less of the oversigning issue, at least. The coaches voted to continue the existing rules... and the presidents voted to cut back. Probably sick of the SEC getting embarrassed with grayshirts and routine player dumping when the annual renewal comes up

Flagstaffsooner
6/25/2011, 12:46 PM
From EDSBS

WANTED: FOOTBALL PLAYERS. Will Muschamp will be a bit short-handed because we don't have many football players, (http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20110622/ARTICLES/110629874?tc=ar) and that is precisely what you want to hear going into a football season what with guaranteed injury, smashiness, and violence on the horizon. Perhaps we can ask Northern Alabama for a few extras? Just loaners, man. We'll have 'em back in time for next fall. Don't be a dick about this, Terry. You owe us for your one moment of glory in 1994.

pphilfran
6/25/2011, 12:48 PM
Redshirt freshman defensive end/linebacker Chris Martin played what he termed an “early April Fools” joke back in March, claiming that he had been dismissed from the Florida Gators. The University of Florida was not joking Friday evening when it announced that Martin, a former five-star recruit who transferred to Florida from California a year ago, has decided to transfer once again.

Having never suited up for the Gators, Martin will leave the program without making any notable mark other than having been arrested on Jan. 29 for misdemeanor possession of marijuana. The Gainesville Police Department cited Martin for possession of less than two grams after detecting “the cent of the drug coming from [his] vehicle.” He was offered and accepted deferred prosecution by the state.

Martin will be forced to sit out yet another season due to NCAA transfer rules unless he moves to a Division-II program.

He will be the fifth Florida player to leave the program since head coach Will Muschamp arrived. Senior cornerback Janoris Jenkins was dismissed from the team following two marijuana arrests in less than 90 days and redshirt freshman wide receiver Chris Dunkley, freshman WR Javares McRoy and freshman running back Mike Blakely all decided to transfer for various reasons.

Martin’s transfer was first reported by the Orlando Sentinel‘s Rachel George.

Read more: http://www.onlygators.com/06/24/2011/delb-chris-martin-to-transfer-out-of-florida/#ixzz1QFClyk00
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

Was he throwing pennies?

“the cent of the drug coming from [his] vehicle."

Sabanball
6/25/2011, 07:32 PM
Just another reason I'm still not convinced that Muschamp/UF is a going to be a good fit.

pappy
6/26/2011, 12:39 AM
The crazy thing about Jenkins is he was projected 1st round draft pick who decided to stay in school.

KantoSooner
6/26/2011, 01:49 PM
I am yet to be convinced that 'The 'Chump' is going to be a successful head coach. I think he caused chaos in Texas last season and is busily ****ing up Florida right now. I am not displeased by either outcome, mind you; but head coaching involves more than jumping around like a five year old and screaming 'til the veins stand out in your neck.

soonerloyal
6/26/2011, 03:17 PM
It could be that Muschamp is the New Sheriff in G-Town, laying down the new laws and perhaps a few players aren't willing to straighten up & follow the new path. Right now I don't see any reason not to think that's the case.

If on the other hand he starts bleeding out players like a cut to the jugular, I'll stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

KantoSooner
6/26/2011, 03:23 PM
Could be you're right. At the moment, considering how he acted at UT last season, the bias has to be on the side of calling him an entitled little biotch.

soonerloyal
6/26/2011, 04:25 PM
Well, smacking on him simply because he was a * is fun. Carry on. :D

Jacie
6/26/2011, 05:11 PM
Maybe I am wrong about Will (see any post of mine re: June Jones at SMU) but I tag him as another Dave Wannstedt . . . looked good as a coordinator, can't cut it as a head coach. They also display the same sideline demeanor (intense screaming). Urban didn't stick around long enough to achieve legend status, but his accomplishments at UF will be difficult for anyone else to even come close let alone equal. Gator fans will grow discontent with him before the 2012 season is complete.

goingoneight
6/26/2011, 05:30 PM
As much as we might think this opens the floodgates for Stoops to recruit, Jimbo Fisher is eating this up right now. Florida and Miami down = good for FSU. Same for OU and A&M feeding off of Texas talent.

Osce0la
6/27/2011, 06:29 AM
Florida State is the new hot school in the state of Florida.

the world is getting back to normal again, finally.

PalmBeachSooner
6/27/2011, 01:11 PM
Just one day after Florida CB Janoris Jenkin officially transferred to Norh Alabama, LB Chris Martin announced he too will be transferring. He has not announced where he will be going but gators are jumping ship. Kind of surprising seeing how muschump is a defensive minded coach.

Maybe Will is trying to implement some institutional control and the players are like, "WTF?"

TheUnnamedSooner
6/27/2011, 01:23 PM
Was he throwing pennies?

“the cent of the drug coming from [his] vehicle."

Less than 2 grams, i would say dimes ;)

goingoneight
6/27/2011, 07:05 PM
Maybe Will is trying to implement some institutional control and the players are like, "WTF?"

Where would he learn such a thing working at Texas and Auburn as his last two stops? :confused:

OUROCKS
6/27/2011, 10:43 PM
Martin visited with Kenny Stills, even wearing OU gear on the sidelines and flashing the inverted Horns for pictures. Had OU very high on his list before picking Cal.