PDA

View Full Version : Lil Joe,#8 elusive runner in the NFL

stoopified
6/24/2011, 01:31 PM
I was watching the NFL Network and they ran list of the Top 100 elusive runners with Lil Joe Washington at #8.Other than that all I recall is that Gale Sayers was #2 and Barry Sanders #1. I have no idea who put this list together for the NFL Network but I think it is so cool Washington was on this list.I still vividley flash back to that Monday Night Foorball game against the Patriots in the rain.Silver Shoes was unstoppable in that game,rushing for a TD,catching a TD,throwing a TD,and adding a kick(or punt) return TD late in the game.It wasv oted outstanding MNF performance of MNF's first 25 years.

BoulderSooner79
6/24/2011, 02:11 PM
I saw that piece some time back. Another amazing thing about Lil Joe is that he was never quite the same as he was at OU because he sustained a serious knee injury in training camp his rookie year with the Chargers.

That piece also reminds me why I love watching Gale Sayers films, but hate seeing his interviews. The guy was clearly better than Barry Sander and Jim Brown combined in his own mind.

KantoSooner
6/24/2011, 02:11 PM
Always wondered why we didn't do the RB pass with Demarco. I watched him warm up once messing around with the ball and the SOB could throw about 150 yards flatfooted (I jest, but you get the picture).

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 02:23 PM
I saw that piece some time back. Another amazing thing about Lil Joe is that he was never quite the same as he was at OU because he sustained a serious knee injury in training camp his rookie year with the Chargers.

That piece also reminds me why I love watching Gale Sayers films, but hate seeing his interviews. The guy was clearly better than Barry Sander and Jim Brown combined in his own mind.

Start at about 4:45. All I could find of him.

IKeYSw6_Uhw

PLaw
6/24/2011, 08:12 PM
Silver Shoes was / is greatness. Fortunate to have seen him play - he should have won the Heisman.

BOOMER

stoopified
6/24/2011, 09:37 PM
ACTUALLY SEEING FOOTAGE OF lIL jOE IN THAT MNF GAME AGAIN IS AWESOME. THANKS

OUNASH
6/25/2011, 07:46 AM
My all time favorite Sooner. Great player and person. He was fun to watch, guy had amazing moves.

ashley
6/25/2011, 08:04 AM
His dad, Joe Sr. who coached at Bay City and Port Arthur Lincoln is one of the best and nicest people you could ever know.

Jacie
6/25/2011, 08:54 AM
Some of his best runs were experienced only on the radio, we didn't get to see them till after the fact (@Missouri, @USC) but they are still worth seeing. The whole silver shoes thing also sums up the attitude or OUr players had under The King. They were flashy, they were brash but they backed it up on the field.

That injury he sustained as a rookie, I thought it happened during a preseason game played at Memorial Stadium, Pats vs. Chargers (I still have the ticket stub). He took the ball, swept to the right then threw the ball straight up in the air, went down and grabbed his knee and this happened right in front of where I was sitting. It seemed so strange to think he played all those games on OUr astro turf then that last time catches a cleat and down he went.

swardboy
6/25/2011, 09:06 AM
And #1 in college (I've given up on trying to embed carp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azMUu7seoYY

swardboy
6/25/2011, 09:19 AM
<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/azMUu7seoYY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SoonerofAlabama
6/25/2011, 09:23 AM
swardboy. You are doing everything correct except for you don't just put the link in. Go to the youtube video and find the "=" sign. Put everything after the equal sign in between the youtube brackets.

swardboy
6/25/2011, 11:15 AM
swardboy. You are doing everything correct except for you don't just put the link in. Go to the youtube video and find the "=" sign. Put everything after the equal sign in between the youtube brackets.

I love you man....

Used to live in Huntsville by the way.

SoonerofAlabama
6/25/2011, 11:20 AM
I love you man....

Used to live in Huntsville by the way.

You going to try again?

EDIT: Saw in the testing area. You did it.