PDA

View Full Version : Pottermore...

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/23/2011, 03:17 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jun/23/pottermore-website-jk-rowling-harry-potter?CMP=NECNETTXT766

i5DOKOt7ZF4&feature=player_embedded

C&CDean
6/23/2011, 07:33 PM
Meh. Maybe. Maybe not. I'll give it a shot - but what I really want is more Potter.

soonercruiser
6/23/2011, 08:48 PM
Potter "No More"....please!!!
:O

C&CDean
6/23/2011, 08:51 PM
Potter "No More"....please!!!
:O

Go eff yourself old man. Perhaps you should read some Potter and put down your stupidity pipe?

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 09:11 PM
So now you'll be writing for her because she is out of ideas?

Fraggle145
6/23/2011, 10:00 PM
Meh. Maybe. Maybe not. I'll give it a shot - but what I really want is more Potter.

Yep.

Penguin
6/23/2011, 10:12 PM
That still doesn't explain a damn thing.

The Profit
6/23/2011, 11:21 PM

My wife and I have started the countdown to the movie release.

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/23/2011, 11:47 PM
I have heard there will be like tons of information on Harry's post Voldemort life and things of that nature...I think it is cool that she is going to put that stuff on there for free, instead of releasing like some book to cover those things. Plus if she wrote another book dealing with the Potter Universe..i think it would disappoint. I wouldn't mind reading some books about Dumbledore's life. I think it will be pretty cool...

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 12:14 AM
When will Harry die and his Kids start doing really cool stuff?

SoonerAtKU
6/24/2011, 08:50 AM
It looks to me to be window-dressing for the sale of the e-books. I don't begrudge her that, since those are going to sell like hotcakes, but I have a hard time believing that the stuff in that preview is going to bring people back to the site unless more content is released regularly.

OU Engineer
6/24/2011, 08:56 AM
meh.

Game of Thrones is the manly version of Harry Potter.

jk the sooner fan
6/24/2011, 08:57 AM
did somebody say Potter?
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp260/Sir_Hawkeye_Who-The_Thunder_Child/MASH/ColPotter.jpg

saucysoonergal
6/24/2011, 09:17 AM
did somebody say Potter?
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp260/Sir_Hawkeye_Who-The_Thunder_Child/MASH/ColPotter.jpg

No JK, Potter, not "Pot-Head"!

jk the sooner fan
6/24/2011, 09:18 AM
Colonel Sherman T. Potter was not a doper

you take that back

saucysoonergal
6/24/2011, 09:19 AM
Colonel Sherman T. Potter was not a doper

you take that back

Harry Morgan was a pot head though!

Thaumaturge
6/24/2011, 10:37 AM
I am in the midst of reading the Harry Potter books aloud and in comical voices. They are great literature.

Penguin
6/24/2011, 11:00 AM
I am in the midst of reading the Harry Potter books aloud and in comical voices. They are great literature.

Sounds like a very good use of your time.

Thaumaturge
6/24/2011, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a very good use of your time.

The Harry Potter novels are the single most important contribution to the literary world in the last two hundred years.

soonerchk
6/24/2011, 11:36 AM

If only Majick Poultry would do an album.

Thaumaturge
6/24/2011, 11:52 AM
If only Majick Poultry would do an album.

We'll most likely be doing Book 2 on a car ride this weekend, but my digital recorder will only hold two hours.

Penguin
6/24/2011, 11:57 AM
We'll most likely be doing Book 2 on a car ride this weekend, but my digital recorder will only hold two hours.

Just do every other page.

Jacie
6/24/2011, 03:13 PM
Now that book sales have peaked, they are (finally) releasing them as e-books.

I don't know who controls that cash cow but they are milking it for all it's worth.

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 03:15 PM
Go eff yourself old man. Perhaps you should read some Potter and put down your stupidity pipe?

You loanin' out yours old man??
Get a life!
:rolleyes:

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 03:17 PM
The Harry Potter novels are the single most important contribution to the literary world in the last two hundred years.

+1

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 07:31 PM
You loanin' out yours old man??
Get a life!
:rolleyes:

Until you've picked up the first book (assuming you can read English) and gave it a try may I kindly suggest you STFU?

I listened to the audio version of Prisoner of Azkaban today whilst baling hay. Well, not all of it, but the first 4 disks. Sheer Greatness.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 07:33 PM
Until you've picked up the first book (assuming you can read English) and gave it a try may I kindly suggest you STFU?

I listened to the audio version of Prisoner of Azkaban today whilst baling hay. Well, not all of it, but the first 4 disks. Sheer Greatness.

What have you thought of the movies so far? Better than the books? I personally believe the book is always better, and I definitely believe it is true in this case. I do like the movies, but the books are spectacular

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 07:50 PM

Dean, you are such an A*****e!
You are getting more like Profit with the insane personal attacks.
Seek treatment if you can't deal with differing opinions!
I have a professional degree and 2 residencies under my belt - prolly much more than you. So quit trying to insult and belittle people!

To be truthful, my first post was merely designed to irritate. :P
(Appears it was on target and touched a nerve.) :rolleyes:
I have only read the first book. I have seen all the movies (one only on TV), and have enjoyed them all.
Wiffie doesn't like the witchcraft stuff....but the kids and I simply enjoy the stories for what they are. Most of your posts I don't enjoy!

My point is that all this Pottermania is getting overdone - just like your reactions to a differing opinions.

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 08:07 PM
Dean, you are such an A*****e!
You are getting more like Profit with the insane personal attacks.
Seek treatment if you can't deal with differing opinions!
I have a professional degree and 2 residencies under my belt - prolly much more than you. So quit trying to insult and belittle people!

To be truthful, my first post was merely designed to irritate. :P
(Appears it was on target and touched a nerve.) :rolleyes:
I have only read the first book. I have seen all the movies (one only on TV), and have enjoyed them all.
Wiffie doesn't like the witchcraft stuff....but the kids and I simply enjoy the stories for what they are. Most of your posts I don't enjoy!

My point is that all this Pottermania is getting overdone - just like your reactions to a differing opinions.

Liar. You haven't read one word of it, and maybe, just maybe you've seen a movie or two. I've heard it for years from you guys. jk is the poster boy.

I'm very happy you don't enjoy my posts. That almost makes it equal - since I spend half of my time listening to complaints/moderating 90% of what you post. Ad nauseum...

Perhaps you should trade your wife in on a Nimbus 2000 or - egads - a Firebolt? You would rock the effing house.

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 08:08 PM
I know. You'll have to google it.

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 08:32 PM
Like I said ....you are a real piece of work Dean!
Seek therapy soon.

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 08:36 PM
Dude, I give therapy.

Tell me, without google, who is the head of Slytherin House?

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 08:42 PM
I know I really haven't been here that long, but I have learned that you should not mess with Harry Potter.

soonercruiser, do you just hate Harry Potter or something. And if so, why?

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 08:44 PM
I know I really haven't been here that long, but I have learned that you should not mess with Harry Potter.

You are 1/6th his age, and quite possibly 160% more intelligent?

He's ignorant of HP. It's not a crime. However, it is stupid.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 08:50 PM
I also don't understand just reading one of the books. As soon as I finished one, I got started on the next one. How did you not read more of the books?

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 08:54 PM
Funny how once backed into a corner some folks go straight to people needing therapy when with 2 residency's and a professional degree....you'd think they would have been able to spot it right off long before HP came up?

Pretty obvious to me there was a problem once I saw someone had put more than $1,000 into a PT Cruiser.

C&CDean
6/24/2011, 09:09 PM
I also don't understand just reading one of the books. As soon as I finished one, I got started on the next one. How did you not read more of the books?

I've read them all multiple times, and have listened to the audio CDs several times as well.

Anybody who actually gives them a whirl enjoys them. Those that don't, pop off.

soonercruiser
6/24/2011, 10:13 PM

See post #28.
Just thinin' it's getting to be a little much.
But, it is capitalism after all....:D

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 10:20 PM
See post #28.
Just thinin' it's getting to be a little much.
Aftyer all - it is capitalism after all....:D

So, why did you just read one book? Just because they were popular...:confused:

soonercruiser
6/25/2011, 02:16 PM

Alabama,
You are probably at a time in your life when you have more time and interest.
I have way too many professional reading requirements.
It has burned me out from any "enjoyment" reading.
Besides working part-time, I run 3 nights a week of free clinic downtown.
So, it's been easier to see the movies.
Enjoy your reading.
(But, face it! Some people prefer not to use up all their spare time reading.)

To make it more convenient, I keep a Kindle in the brief case, and am current going through Wreckless Endangerment to broaden some of my knowledge about the financial crisis and who are the real villains.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2011, 02:42 PM
my kids LOVED harry potter

C&CDean
6/25/2011, 05:18 PM
my kids LOVED harry potter

Sounds like they're a hell of a lot smarter than their pop?

olevetonahill
6/25/2011, 05:32 PM
Things I know about Harry Potter books
#1 theres several of em, no clue as to how many
#2 they have somethin to do with Witchcraft,
#3 Rowland I think wrote em
#4 theres a character named Dumbledore

Thats about it.
Never been much interested in findin out More. Never been much interested in trying to BeDowngrade those who enjoy em either.

C&CDean
6/25/2011, 06:12 PM
Things I know about Harry Potter books
#1 theres several of em, no clue as to how many
#2 they have somethin to do with Witchcraft,
#3 Rowland I think wrote em
#4 theres a character named Dumbledore

Thats about it.
Never been much interested in findin out More. Never been much interested in trying to BeDowngrade those who enjoy em either.

Dude, with a little work on your British accent, you could be Dumbledore.

Well except for the gay thing. Maybe?:P

My advice to folks who don't have any interest in reading them is to listen to them on audio books. Jim Dale does a great job narrating them.

olevetonahill
6/25/2011, 06:16 PM
Dude, with a little work on your British accent, you could be Dumbledore.

Well except for the gay thing. Maybe?:P

My advice to folks who don't have any interest in reading them is to listen to them on audio books. Jim Dale does a great job narrating them.

Whats this "MAYBE" ****?

Wizards and witches just aint ever been my thing.Not sayin theres any thing wrong, I know I read some stuff that would bore others to death.

C&CDean
6/25/2011, 06:24 PM
Whats this "MAYBE" ****?

Wizards and witches just aint ever been my thing.Not sayin theres any thing wrong, I know I read some stuff that would bore others to death.

You're skeert of it, ain't ya?

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2011, 06:26 PM
Sounds like they're a hell of a lot smarter than their pop?

sounds much more like they enjoy a different genre of books than pop

but if you need harry potter to validate that you're smarter than me - i'll let you have it....it seems really important to you

C&CDean
6/25/2011, 06:32 PM
sounds much more like they enjoy a different genre of books than pop

but if you need harry potter to validate that you're smarter than me - i'll let you have it....it seems really important to you

Yes. It's something that completes me...

You need to bust out of your "genre" mold. You're a crusty old cuss who refuses to broaden your horizons. Structured, set in your ways, shops at Men's Wearhouse...:D

From what I know of you (and it ain't much - but then again it's a lot) I think you'd love the HP books. You're a smart guy.

Narnia? That faggish vampire series that stars Cedric Diggory from HP, etc.? Never read any of them. They're all within the "genre" of HP, but they ain't HP.

Anyhow, I know you're not gonna do it because you've got your standards and such, but you really should. I'll loan you my CDs or books if you'd like.

jk the sooner fan
6/25/2011, 07:07 PM
its just not a genre i've ever enjoyed - and trust me - i've tried -i even tried reading the first one when it came out and jk2 was crazy about it

i dont hate HP - i just enjoy giving you **** about it! :)

i actually dont get to do much pleasure reading because of all the reading i do at work

right now i'm working on a report that has 1000 pages of e-mails and merit promotion documents - and then i numb my brain with this board and a couple others - and when i get home - i'm pretty much done

but i really enjoy reading history type books - bio's, auto-bio's....i get a huge kick out of reading how somebody "well known" got from point A to point B in their life

C&CDean
6/25/2011, 07:15 PM
its just not a genre i've ever enjoyed - and trust me - i've tried -i even tried reading the first one when it came out and jk2 was crazy about it

i dont hate HP - i just enjoy giving you **** about it! :)

i actually dont get to do much pleasure reading because of all the reading i do at work

right now i'm working on a report that has 1000 pages of e-mails and merit promotion documents - and then i numb my brain with this board and a couple others - and when i get home - i'm pretty much done

but i really enjoy reading history type books - bio's, auto-bio's....i get a huge kick out of reading how somebody "well known" got from point A to point B in their life

Dude, HP is your niche. Didn't have a clue he was a wizard, found out kinda weirdly, ended up defeating the darkest wizard of the ages...

Man, I do not envy anyone who still has to read "for work/school/etc." The rest of my life, it's for pleasure. Purely. Well except technical **** on the tractors/balers/cutters/etc. I deal with every day - but then you fix the **** and it's back to the audio CD.