PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! Anybody else excited about Cars 2 tomorrow

achiro
6/23/2011, 11:55 AM
like my boys are?

saucysoonergal
6/23/2011, 11:58 AM
No. The first one was horrible, this one will be worse. Larry the idiot guy's voice is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

SoonerofAlabama
6/23/2011, 12:02 PM
Not me either. There are a several good movies coming out this summer. I would not call this one of them.

Jammin'
6/23/2011, 12:04 PM
My family is excited about it. My two boys (4 and 2) are pumped! Well, the 4 y.o. anyway, #2 doesn't know what the hell is going on. My wife is nuts about the 1st one and I believe we now own every vehicle that appeared in the movie.

Mongo
6/23/2011, 12:05 PM
yes. we left Kung Fu Panda 2. the boys were walking beside me, then I looked down and they werent there. I looked around, and they, along with fifteen other kiddos, were mesmerized by the huge cardboard advertisement. I had to peel them away from it.

Mongo
6/23/2011, 12:07 PM
No. The first one was horrible, this one will be worse. Larry the idiot guy's voice is like listening to nails on a chalkboard.

cars>>>hairy potter

Pozey
6/23/2011, 12:08 PM
Yes I am.

Gonna try and take my daughter this weekend between sessions of her swim meet.

saucysoonergal
6/23/2011, 12:08 PM
cars>>>hairy potter

Dooshnozzle>>>Mongo

;)

Partial Qualifier
6/23/2011, 12:45 PM
I am! And anyone who didn't like Cars is un 'Merican.

Jammin'
6/23/2011, 12:48 PM
I am! And anyone who didn't like Cars is un 'Merican.

uh-greed.

saucysoonergal
6/23/2011, 12:51 PM
bunch of Nebbish loving homers.

Partial Qualifier
6/23/2011, 12:55 PM
Look, I have a srs dislike for Larry the Cable Guy. Can't stand that dude. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't know that 'Mater's voice was Larry the Cable Guy until someone I work with pointed that out.

Still, it's a great movie. Guido's pit stop... how can anyone not like that???

Partial Qualifier
6/23/2011, 12:59 PM
fWCZPAXmtlo

achiro
6/23/2011, 05:04 PM

http://media.picfor.me/00112EF4E/open-your-heart-and-feed-your-soul-heart--words--quote--miscelaneous--txt--kaira--hearts-love--Comments-4--Diverse--quotes--srce--Beauty-in-All-Forms--woman--ceca--romantic--romance--infamous1--Love--greeting--Liebe--friendship--sweet-pics--Lettys-Album--_large.jpg

SoCaliSooner
6/23/2011, 05:17 PM
Taking my two to a special screening at the El Capitan theater next wednesday in Hollywood. Cops and firefighter kids only, 3D, and some kind of outdoor attraction. (http://elcapitan.go.com/assets/BV-CARS2%20ElCapLandingPg_FNL150.pdf) It should be a good time...

MelloYello
6/23/2011, 06:24 PM

This.

jumperstop
6/23/2011, 06:50 PM
It's a dvd'er...of course I don't have kids. My friends three year old loves cars. So maybe if I had kids or was one I'd be more excited.

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 07:01 PM
S8q4YB4l-Tk&feature=pyv&ad=10768844610&kw=cars movie

nighttrain12
6/24/2011, 01:10 AM
Nope, I'm going to see Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz. It's rated R for raunchy.

badger
6/24/2011, 11:57 AM
"Cars" was known as Pixar's one screw-up. Then, something happened that altered everyone's perception to history:

Toy sales.

"Cars" merchandise was crazy popular to the point that it was selling years after people forgot how critics didn't wow over it like previous Pixar movies... and then Pixar made better movies to reinforce the fact that Pixar doesn't make crap for movies.

So... with cute little toy cars still selling like crazy, Pixar probably though "Hey, people might buy more stuff if we make another movie!"

I didn't dislike "Cars," but it is not my favorite Pixar movie. The characters are cute, there's the whole Route 66 thing that Oklahomans should love, and there's some racing references, and I kind of like racing, so that's cool too.

Alas, this really just looks like an attempt to sell more toys.

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 12:31 PM
"Cars" was known as Pixar's one screw-up. Then, something happened that altered everyone's perception to history:

Toy sales.

"Cars" merchandise was crazy popular to the point that it was selling years after people forgot how critics didn't wow over it like previous Pixar movies... and then Pixar made better movies to reinforce the fact that Pixar doesn't make crap for movies.

So... with cute little toy cars still selling like crazy, Pixar probably though "Hey, people might buy more stuff if we make another movie!"

I didn't dislike "Cars," but it is not my favorite Pixar movie. The characters are cute, there's the whole Route 66 thing that Oklahomans should love, and there's some racing references, and I kind of like racing, so that's cool too.

Agree. My friends kid literally has probably 20-30 cars things. He can barely talk....I never thought cars was that big of a movie until I saw all the **** he got for christmas.

soonerboomer93
6/24/2011, 12:37 PM
Not I,

ready for Dark of the Moon though

badger
6/24/2011, 12:41 PM
Agree. My friends kid literally has probably 20-30 cars things. He can barely talk....I never thought cars was that big of a movie until I saw all the **** he got for christmas.

Power Rangers was just added to Netflix and I was reminded how much the shows I grew up around were essentially toy commercials.

It would not surprise me in the least if "Cars 2" has been dubbed an "extended toy commercial" by some critics out there... but I'm too lazy to check around.

NP and I saw Green Lantern last weekend despite the panning it was receiving by critics. It wasn't bad. Not a see-it-repeatedly type movie, but not bad.

Partial Qualifier
6/24/2011, 01:02 PM

Toy sales.

Cool story but if $461,982,881 in box-office revenue and two academy awards is a screwup, then my name is Chauncey Billups.

If you were talking about Toy Story II, I'd agree probably

Cars II may be a total flop, a crap-*** movie, but I'm still looking forward to taking my son to see it

The Maestro
6/24/2011, 01:12 PM
If you don't have kids and you are replying to this thread or have seen the first movie, you are a bit odd. It's not about you. Why would you watch a cartoon movie?

My kids love the first one and I enjoyed watching it with them. Read mixed reviews on the second. Sounds like this movie is Mater's and not much racing involved. Loved the story line in the first one...don't expect the second one to be as good, but the boys will love it.

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 01:19 PM
If you don't have kids and you are replying to this thread or have seen the first movie, you are a bit odd. It's not about you. Why would you watch a cartoon movie?

My kids love the first one and I enjoyed watching it with them. Read mixed reviews on the second. Sounds like this movie is Mater's and not much racing involved. Loved the story line in the first one...don't expect the second one to be as good, but the boys will love it.

Adults can't enjoy cartoons?

Cheez-It
6/24/2011, 01:22 PM
My son LOVES Cars. He got the DVD for Christmas and asks to watch the movie daily. I'm excited just to watch his reaction to Cars 2.

The Profit
6/24/2011, 01:24 PM
Nope. Saving my money for Harry Potter.

The Maestro
6/24/2011, 01:29 PM
Adult's can't enjoy cartoons?

Be my guest. Along with Dungeons and Dragons.

A bit odd for me, but different strokes for different folks.

badger
6/24/2011, 01:42 PM
Cool story but if $461,982,881 in box-office revenue and two academy awards is a screwup, then my name is Chauncey Billups.

If you were talking about Toy Story II, I'd agree probably

Cars II may be a total flop, a crap-*** movie, but I'm still looking forward to taking my son to see it

Box office along does not a good movie make. It's why Hollywood can churn out Transformers crap every other year and still get mega profits. :D

As for the academy awards, those were just nominations, which pretty much anything Disney will receive for the animation category and then, if it has a main theme song, the original song category too. Oh look! Those were the two it was nominated for :D

(tee hee --- it lost to Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth)

pphilfran
6/24/2011, 01:51 PM
What was the line when they first saw the Porsche?

"I'd give my left lug nut."

Or something like that...

I enjoyed Cars....

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 02:00 PM
Be my guest. Along with Dungeons and Dragons.

A bit odd for me, but different strokes for different folks.

I would say the crowd who enjoys D&D are not the same people who enjoy watching Pixar movies. Watching Cars or other animated movies isn't like watching the Disney channel or Nickelodeon...

Honestly, Pixar movies are 10 times better than most of the crap that people consider "good movies", and I hate most movies so that's saying a lot.

saucysoonergal
6/24/2011, 02:02 PM
Honestly, Pixar movies are 10 times better than most of the crap that people consider "good movies", and I hate most movies so that's saying a lot.

"Pixar movies except those that include the voice of Larry the Idiot Guy."

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 02:08 PM
"Pixar movies except those that include the voice of Larry the Idiot Guy."

I should have specified, cause honestly not a huge Cars fan. Pixar normally makes good movies that kids like with subtle adult innuendos. I think a lot of them are funny.

Lawton4Life
6/24/2011, 02:10 PM
Those Mater's Tall Tales shorts on Diseny are pretty funny.

Dont you remember? You wuz there too!

Partial Qualifier
6/24/2011, 02:15 PM
Box office along does not a good movie make. It's why Hollywood can churn out Transformers crap every other year and still get mega profits. :D

As for the academy awards, those were just nominations, which pretty much anything Disney will receive for the animation category and then, if it has a main theme song, the original song category too. Oh look! Those were the two it was nominated for :D

(tee hee --- it lost to Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth)

Okay you got me on the academy award noms.. I was looking for box office revenue and saw those noms on the side, I thought they were actually awarded.

If you're not using box office revenue or anything tangible to support your argument, all you're going on is opinion. So why not just say "this is my opinion" instead of making up some story about toy sales influencing imaginary retro-fitted critical acclaim?

:D

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 02:27 PM
Okay you got me on the academy award noms.. I was looking for box office revenue and saw those noms on the side, I thought they were actually awarded.

If you're not using box office revenue or anything tangible to support your argument, all you're going on is opinion. So why not just say "this is my opinion" instead of making up some story about toy sales influencing imaginary retro-fitted critical acclaim?

:D

Because that's how all things geared to children are, hell that's how things are geared to adults. Product placement? Movies don't make the money, it's all the crap they can sell with it. Even for adult movies....commemorative glasses from Mcdonald's or BK anyone? How many times do movies have new cars or cell phones featured in them. Everyone wants the toys they see I the movies.

Partial Qualifier
6/24/2011, 02:43 PM
that doesn't have anything to do with your opinion of the movie itself...

saucysoonergal
6/24/2011, 02:50 PM

Redd Foxx disagrees

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 02:53 PM

That doesn't have to do with my opinions of most movies. But it does explain why a movie that most critics see as the worst pixar movie is making a number 2 and why there are a **** ton of cars toys and stuff that you didn't see right after the first movie came out.

SpankyNek
6/24/2011, 02:58 PM
Critics aside, my daughter (And coincidentally myself, as well) find Wall-E to be the worst offering from Pixar. It hasn't even been opened. (Was a gift from someone).

Of course, I haven't seen the new Cars yet.

Partial Qualifier
6/24/2011, 03:09 PM
Seriously? I loved Wall-E. But then, I loved Ratatouille too :embarrassed:

Blue
6/24/2011, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen the first nor will i see this one, but this was very cool for capt Sig.

wyhRTpP_ey0

Osce0la
6/24/2011, 03:45 PM
taking my son to see it tomorrow, he is beyond excited and for the past month has been letting everyone know "Cars 2 comes out June 24th"

achiro
6/24/2011, 04:04 PM

Toy sales.

Badger, I'm curious if you have kids? The reason I ask is that I don't know a single one that gives a crap what the critics think about their movies. Cars is watched 2-1 to pretty much any other Pixar film around here and I know lot's of parents that say the same thing.
All the cartoon movies have toys but the popular movies have popular toys. It's not the other way around.

The Maestro
6/24/2011, 04:09 PM
All the cartoon movies have toys but the popular movies have popular toys. It's not the other way around.

Trust me. When Woody's leg broke off, my two year old had to go to counseling for a month.

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 04:13 PM
Seriously? I loved Wall-E. But then, I loved Ratatouille too :embarrassed:
The game was more fun than the movie

badger
6/24/2011, 04:19 PM
Badger, I'm curious if you have kids?

Are you asking me if I am a mother? Of children?

The reason I ask is that I don't know a single one that gives a crap what the critics think about their movies.

Are you implying that post had to have been written by a person that doesn’t have a child and has never had a child that’s had their heart broken and come home upset! And had to deal with the child when he is upset! And kick a person when he’s down!

Cars is watched 2-1 to pretty much any other Pixar film around here and I know lot's of parents that say the same thing.

So you're saying that if I have a child someday, I’ll understand how it feels. But that I obviously don’t have a child. You do.

[hairGel] COME AFTER ME! I'M A BADGER! I'M 28! [hairGel]

:P

StoopTroup
6/24/2011, 04:21 PM
867-5301

silverwheels
6/24/2011, 05:20 PM
BTW, Cars 2 is getting absolutely slammed by critics (33% at RT, by far Pixar's lowest rating there), although it could be them just having such high standards due to Pixar's overall body of work being so outstanding. Then again, the first one was pretty average compared to everything else they've put out. I'll pass on this one. Brave looks like it has a lot of potential, though.

And Ratatouille and Wall-E are awesome.

jumperstop
6/24/2011, 06:29 PM
I loved Ratatouille, one of my favorites