PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma claims four-star offensive lineman John Michael McGee

mushu405
6/23/2011, 09:50 AM
Woo! Welcome to sooner nation!!!

Link (http://insider.espn.go.com/college-football/recruiting/onthetrail)

6-foot-3, 275-pound blocker John Michael McGee of Texas HS (Texarkana, Texas) has become a Class of 2012 commitment for the Sooners,

Rated four-stars by ESPNU, he was also sought by Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Notre Dame, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Purdue, Stanford, TCU, Texas Tech, Southern California and Vanderbilt.

Oklahoma has 10 pledges.

JLEW1818
6/23/2011, 09:52 AM
#2 Guard in the nation on rivals

Mad Dog Madsen
6/23/2011, 09:52 AM
It's been posted in the recruiting forum already... Just sayin'.

mushu405
6/23/2011, 09:53 AM
damn forgot that there is a thread for recruiting. fail on my end.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/23/2011, 10:10 AM
damn forgot that there is a thread for recruiting. fail on my end.

you are forgiven gai pan.

JLEW1818
6/23/2011, 10:10 AM
no we all get to neg you ;)

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2011, 10:12 AM
Next time, just start a thread titled "Go peeked at the recruiting forum"

JLEW1818
6/23/2011, 10:16 AM
i don't think Rhino is ever on here anymore... ? maybe he is just hibernating till September?

BillyBall
6/23/2011, 10:25 AM
It's been posted in the recruiting forum already... Just sayin'.

Chill the **** out.

rekamrettuB
6/23/2011, 10:36 AM
Claim? Terrell Pryor's attorney was right.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/23/2011, 10:38 AM

He just became 2-star...;)

badger
6/23/2011, 10:45 AM
Next time, just start a thread titled "Go peeked at the recruiting forum"

Actually not a bad idea - update here whenever another commit... um, COMMITS, and then we don't have new thread every time a commit... COMMITS!

In the meantime, as long as this thread's already going, check him out here:

dsyTDcgQMOY

Welcome and good luck! Offensive line is a very unforgiving and hard place to play, but it's also one where you can step in and get on the field right away if you work hard :)

SteelClip49
6/23/2011, 11:01 AM
the recruiting forum, IMO is worthless. Football is king and it is the most read thread. I have not once read the recruiting forum in my 5 years on this board.

It's best to post recruiting news on the football thread.

fwsooner22
6/23/2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks for posting. I rarely go the recruiting forum. Don't listen the cyber bullies. Nothing wrong with it being both places. Most of the bullies will be talking about something other than football in the football forum before the day is done. Just sayin'. Thanks again. I for one did not know this news.

SoonerinSouthlake
6/23/2011, 11:41 AM
the recruiting forum, IMO is worthless. Football is king and it is the most read thread. I have not once read the recruiting forum in my 5 years on this board.

It's best to post recruiting news on the football thread.

this

Pardner
6/23/2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for posting. I rarely go the recruiting forum. Don't listen the cyber bullies. Nothing wrong with it being both places. Most of the bullies will be talking about something other than football in the football forum before the day is done. Just sayin'. Thanks again. I for one did not know this news.

+1

Fish&Game
6/23/2011, 12:07 PM
shouldn't the title read "Four-star offensive lineman John Michael McGee claims Oklahoma is where he wants to go to win championships."

cccasooner2
6/23/2011, 12:23 PM

Does rivals rank based on a projected position? The clip by Badger seems to show him at left tackle in HS.

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2011, 12:48 PM
I think it's worth a thread to announce an actual commit on this forum. That's only about 25/year in a big year for relevant info. I think it's safe to say we get a lot more than 2 threads/month of things way less relevant. The detailed info on players we want/make offers to and who is the competition can stay over in the recruiting forum. And as Badger suggested, it could just be 1 thread that gets bumped when a player commits.

usaosooner
6/23/2011, 12:48 PM
Does rivals rank based on a projected position? The clip by Badger seems to show him at left tackle in HS.

He plays tackle in HS but he college guard prospect.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/23/2011, 12:51 PM
Chill the **** out.

Hell no...

LakeRat
6/23/2011, 01:45 PM
I think it's worth a thread to announce an actual commit on this forum. That's only about 25/year in a big year for relevant info. I think it's safe to say we get a lot more than 2 threads/month of things way less relevant. The detailed info on players we want/make offers to and who is the competition can stay over in the recruiting forum. And as Badger suggested, it could just be 1 thread that gets bumped when a player commits.

Thats a pretty big stretch. ;)

And thanks for posting and totally agree. When it is a commitment, it is bigger than the recruiting board.

tcrb
6/23/2011, 02:05 PM

+1

...and Welcome, Mr. McGee. I hope you graduate from OU with a couple of MNC rings. Boomer!

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2011, 02:15 PM
Of course the downside to having a commit thread would be noobs coming in and trying make it a general recruiting forum forcing someone to yell at them :)

fwsooner22
6/23/2011, 02:37 PM
Kinda like this thread that started as good information and turned into an " I have a better idea " thread.

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2011, 05:04 PM
Kinda like this thread that started as good information and turned into an " I have a better idea " thread.

'xactly ;)

SunnySooner
6/23/2011, 05:43 PM
This kid plus the all-everthing center from the other day, Ty Darlington, me likey. Can never have enough allsome olinemen.

SoonerofAlabama
6/23/2011, 05:51 PM
This kid plus the all-everthing center from the other day, Ty Darlington, me likey. Can never have enough allsome olinemen.

And we could land Avery Young.

We landed Mcgee a few days after Boehm committed to Mizzou. Just sayin'.

AlboSooner
6/23/2011, 06:34 PM
There's a recruiting forum ?

MyT Oklahoma
6/23/2011, 07:18 PM
Congratulations and welcome to Norman young man. Glad you chose to be a Sooner.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/23/2011, 11:22 PM
Another intelligent kid too...apparently carrying a 3.9 through highschool. I like to see that, im oldschool and think that intelligence stumps athleticism a lot, well i guess this guy has both though.