PDA

View Full Version : Herr Scholz

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/22/2011, 01:58 PM
Where have you gone?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WCrIotSdkFA/SVwGFsO7TLI/AAAAAAAABDw/PF4AMLSB-4M/s1600/crying%2Bindian

Mississippi Sooner
6/22/2011, 02:14 PM
I remember being shocked to learn that Iron Eyes Cody was, in fact, a full blood Italian.

Soonerson1975
6/22/2011, 02:18 PM
I remember being shocked to learn that Iron Eyes Cody was, in fact, a full blood Italian.

I thought he was black.

Widescreen
6/22/2011, 02:19 PM
I thought he was Indian. I mean, of course he is... His name's Iron Eyes Cody.

Soonerson1975
6/22/2011, 02:22 PM
I always wanted a poster of Iron Eyes picking up trash along side the highway, with Mex standing beside him.

fwsooner22
6/22/2011, 02:23 PM
He did say not too long ago that he was DONE with US.

Mississippi Sooner
6/22/2011, 02:24 PM
He's an Eye-talian.

Ruf/Nek7
6/22/2011, 02:45 PM
He just got over the shock and awe of his beloved whorns going 5-7 and is now hidden away in some hole approximately 5 meters south of Oklahoma tech stadium

Herr Scholz
6/22/2011, 03:05 PM
Not hiding anywhere. Just got tired of constant flames over here. I'll discuss football anytime you want. Does Lid hang out here anymore?

Soonermagik
6/22/2011, 03:12 PM
Not hiding anywhere. Just got tired of constant flames over here. I'll discuss football anytime you want. Does Lid hang out here anymore?

He went into hiding after last year. I think he realized that Whorn football is over with for a long time. :D

Herr Scholz
6/22/2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, your two recent 8-win seasons became the norm too, didn't they. Down seasons never happen to big programs and can never be considered an anomaly. I'm sure Texas will not bounce back any time soon.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/22/2011, 03:24 PM
I'm sure Texas will not bounce back any time soon.

At least you're honest... I'll give you that. ;)

KantoSooner
6/22/2011, 03:24 PM
Welcome back.

Your antics are appreciated.

And, yes, UT will bounce back. Hopefully not soon, but more than likely sooner than I'd like.

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/22/2011, 03:35 PM
Just beat the **** out of Payne county votech

BOOMERBRADLEY
6/22/2011, 03:38 PM

Welcome back, Herr

Can you break down the horns this season and your expectations?

picasso
6/22/2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, your two recent 8-win seasons became the norm too, didn't they. Down seasons never happen to big programs and can never be considered an anomaly. I'm sure Texas will not bounce back any time soon.

You'll bounce back as soon as you find a dual threat QB.

Herr Scholz
6/22/2011, 03:45 PM
Welcome back, Herr

Can you break down the horns this season and your expectations?

I will later this evening. Gotta jet right now.

badger
6/22/2011, 03:51 PM
I am not so naive to think that we are going to beat Texas just because we did last year, just because practically everyone they played did last year.

We won by a touchdown, guys. We also won because miraculously, Landry's fumble didn't result in the whorns scoring.

I commend whoever had this excellent view of this humbling play:
4kcixEHyUR0

Potentially disastrous, but that right there - not Texas sucking, not entitlement, not lack of talent, not poor coaching, not whatever - THAT fumble play right there was the reason we beat Texas last year. Landry fumbled, but through some sheer luck or a miracle from above, the ball was close to the sideline and Texas couldn't recover it.

Two losses in a row was too much for whorn to overcome, but that one play right there could have meant that that UT wouldn't be in a downward spiral.

:rcmad: Then again, A&M said the same thing about the inital drive in the 77-0 game. If only their receiver caught that pass... then it would have been a game instead of a blowout... :rolleyes:

fwsooner22
6/22/2011, 04:05 PM
Nobody wants to hear this but Landry had WAY too many similar plays (not necessarily fumbles) during the season. Those gotta stop ! Completely. ** could have beaten us but for their fumbles but at least they were the punt drop kind not whatever ^ was.

picasso
6/22/2011, 04:07 PM
Nobody wants to hear this but Landry had WAY too many similar plays (not necessarily fumbles) during the season. Those gotta stop ! Completely. ** could have beaten us but for their fumbles but at least they were the punt drop kind not whatever ^ was.

Like Pat Jones said, Landry keeps both teams in the game?

So did Colt. He was luckier than **** that we couldn't convert on the 3 pick 6's that he gave us in '09.

soonerchk
6/22/2011, 04:18 PM

He did, and then they seemed to stop during the Baylor game. By the bowl game, I was able to stay in the same room and watch even when LJ had the ball.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/22/2011, 04:19 PM
I am not so naive to think that we are going to beat Texas just because we did last year, just because practically everyone they played did last year.

We won by a touchdown, guys. We also won because miraculously, Landry's fumble didn't result in the whorns scoring.

I said the same thing last year before we even played them. It doesn't matter if we're undefeated #1 and they're 0-5. The records don't mean sh*t in the Red River Rivalry...

soonerchk
6/22/2011, 04:20 PM

Yeah, and one of those had a whole lot to do with our starting QB missing all but 3 quarters of the entire season due to injury, and our starting TE missing the whole season. You know, that 1st draft pick guy and his friend the top 10 pick?

But don't let facts interfere with a good story.

SunnySooner
6/22/2011, 04:23 PM
Like Pat Jones said, Landry keeps both teams in the game?

So did Colt. He was luckier than **** that we couldn't convert on the 3 pick 6's that he gave us in '09.

No ****. That when I had to get up and go buy my son a tshirt and choke down some Tums. That was the ugliest football game I've ever seen in person. Torture. Luckily, I drank enough alcohol afterwards to erase most of the memories but still....if we never have another season like '09, it will be way too soon.

tfoolry
6/22/2011, 04:31 PM

:rcmad: Then again, A&M said the same thing about the inital drive in the 77-0 game. If only their receiver caught that pass... then it would have been a game instead of a blowout... :rolleyes:

Yeah, maybe this play wouldn't have happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPquR4eXa84

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2011, 04:52 PM
I said the same thing last year before we even played them. It doesn't matter if we're undefeated #1 and they're 0-5. The records don't mean sh*t in the Red River Rivalry...

this used to be true

but the last 11 or 12 years, the lower ranked team has won once

The Maestro
6/22/2011, 05:38 PM
I will later this evening. Gotta jet right now.

Those pizzas in Austin won't deliver themselves! ;)

yankee
6/22/2011, 06:01 PM
Guys, I'll comment on the suck that is ut, but I gotta jet. TTYL BRB G2G

3rdgensooner
6/22/2011, 06:11 PM
Guys, I'll comment on the suck that is ut, but I gotta jet. TTYL BRB G2GI think I'll bounce. bbl cya

agoo758
6/23/2011, 12:36 AM

Opportunity to sig an * out of context! :)

agoo758
6/23/2011, 12:37 AM
Oh and by the way,

Herr Scholz: Texas is great and OU sucks. You can call burn in hell.

Everyone else: Dude, you can disagree with us, but stop being so rude.

Herr Schol: OMGZ flaming!! Why is everyone sooooo mean to me?

oudavid1
6/23/2011, 09:49 AM

4kcixEHyUR0

Potentially disastrous, but that right there - not Texas sucking, not entitlement, not lack of talent, not poor coaching, not whatever - THAT fumble play right there was the reason we beat Texas last year. Landry fumbled, but through some sheer luck or a miracle from above, the ball was close to the sideline and Texas couldn't recover it.

Two losses in a row was too much for whorn to overcome, but that one play right there could have meant that that UT wouldn't be in a downward spiral.

Pony wristband 85.....check.....35 double switch zap 24 blast.....check.....fake 24 29 over flap sword........................uh timeout?

XingTheRubicon
6/23/2011, 10:00 AM
that play = angina

Mad Dog Madsen
6/23/2011, 10:11 AM
this used to be true

but the last 11 or 12 years, the lower ranked team has won once

I'm just saying it's not a "gimme game" by any means... Take a look at the past 2 years where in 2009 Texas should have won big and won by a FG 16-13. In 2010 as horrible as Texas was, OU should have prison raped them and only won by 8 points...

BoulderSooner79
6/23/2011, 10:14 AM
that play = angina

But worth it. If OU fans experienced angina, imagine what horns fans felt. Many abandoned their faith in a higher being.

LesNessman
6/23/2011, 01:10 PM

4kcixEHyUR0

Bad fumble for sure, and maybe I'm picking nits, but I seem to remember the horns would have had to score a touchdown AND make the 2pt conversion just to tie the game AND then either recover an onside kick and score in regulation, or hold OU scoreless in regulation (couple of minutes left?) and win in OT.

badger
6/23/2011, 01:31 PM
Bad fumble for sure, and maybe I'm picking nits, but I seem to remember the horns would have had to score a touchdown AND make the 2pt conversion just to tie the game AND then either recover an onside kick and score in regulation, or hold OU scoreless in regulation (couple of minutes left?) and win in OT.

Very true. Even in that bad situation, we were in a much better situation than whornish.

You could see it in the photos after that game - Stoops really, really wanted and needed that win. Mack, on the other hand, looked like he was in for a very long season <--- SEVERE understatement

Mississippi Sooner
6/23/2011, 01:34 PM
Very true. Even in that bad situation, we were in a much better situation than whornish.

You could see it in the photos after that game - Stoops really, really wanted and needed that win. Mack, on the other hand, looked like he was in for a very long season <--- SEVERE understatement

I will say that I don't think I've ever seen Mack with such a big helping of whatever he dips than in that game. He must have gone through a whole can that afternoon.

badger
6/23/2011, 01:38 PM
Here's what I was referring to:
http://photos.newsok.com/2/showimage/1167504/gallery_photo
Stoops has never looked happier, except for perhaps the crystal ball shot :)

Mack, on the other hand...
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8/jwjutou0987561663c.jpg
It's like he knew 5-7 was about to happen or something <---SEVERE understatement

SoonerofAlabama
6/23/2011, 01:52 PM
Any chance to post these:

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/73/worldzk.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/worldzk.jpg/)

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4496/ncfastoopsorange300.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21/ncfastoopsorange300.jpg/)

Or this, I take:

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/9357/heupel.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/heupel.jpg/)

Salt City Sooner
6/23/2011, 02:19 PM
I'm just saying it's not a "gimme game" by any means... Take a look at the past 2 years where in 2009 Texas should have won big and won by a FG 16-13. In 2010 as horrible as Texas was, OU should have prison raped them and only won by 8 points...
Both of the losing teams in those years had top 10 defenses. That tends to keep a game closer than what it looks like it should be on paper.

agoo758
6/24/2011, 01:17 AM
Texas really had a top ten defense? :eek:

oudavid1
6/24/2011, 01:20 AM

Shows you just how bad their offense really is.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 12:04 PM
Sorry, got busy. My Horns have a lot of questions to answer obviously, namely at QB and O line (very thin at OT). Last year was also a perfect storm of laziness and entitlement on the part of both the team and coaching staff. If we (Gilbert) can cut down on all of the turnovers, I don't think 8 or 9 wins this season is out of reach. I think most of our fanbase is looking at 8 wins as a reasonable goal.

I think we'll be back in '12 after the new coaches and players get on the same page. Just want to see improvement this year. We fell off pretty far last season. I think Colt and VY covered up a lot of blemishes that all surfaced at once last year. Should be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat a team we shouldn't and lose to one we shouldn't.

TahoeSOONER
6/24/2011, 12:07 PM
Sorry, got busy. My Horns have a lot of questions to answer obviously, namely at QB and O line (very thin at OT). Last year was also a perfect storm of laziness and entitlement on the part of both the team and coaching staff. If we (Gilbert) can cut down on all of the turnovers, I don't think 8 or 9 wins this season is out of reach. I think most of our fanbase is looking at 8 wins as a reasonable goal.

I think we'll be back in '12 after the new coaches and players get on the same page. Just want to see improvement this year. We fell off pretty far last season. I think Colt and VY covered up a lot of blemishes that all surfaced at once last year. Should be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat a team we shouldn't and lose to one we shouldn't.

Spot on, welcome back. Now go away again ;).

badger
6/24/2011, 12:28 PM
I think most of our fanbase is looking at 8 wins as a reasonable goal.

If I take Herr's name out of the quoted text and replace it with... say...

Entirely reasonable and believeable that an Iowa State fan actually believes that. Would I go so far as to say...

Absolutely. But would I be so insane as to possibly contemplate...

I think that would also be acceptable, given coaching salaries and cheap knockoff non-conference scheduling. So, would I be TRULY crazy and suggest...

Nope.

Eight wins is a mediocre expectation to have, because every fanbase out there, insane expectations or not, has it.

Texas expectations = mediocre.

:D AND I LIKE IT! :D

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah, well the program fell off pretty far last year and we have 6 new coaches. We pretty much hit the reset button. And our QB situation still isn't settled. 8 wins is unfortunately realistic this season.

badger
6/24/2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah, well the program fell off pretty far last year and we have 6 new coaches. We pretty much hit the reset button. And our QB situation still isn't settled. 8 wins is unfortunately realistic this season.

The Great Recession... of Texas. :D

http://i54.tinypic.com/k5car.jpg

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 01:00 PM
So let's hear the Sooner predictions now. I'm assuming that most of you are only worried about the early game in Talahassee? Maybe Stillwater at the end?

6/24/2011, 01:06 PM
Eh, same as every year. Big 12 title, National Title.

To be honest, I'm thinking we may drop one in the regular season. And your guesses are correct. Those are the two biggest challenges, at least on paper. If we do lose to FSU, I hope they run the table and we get a rematch in New Orleans.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 01:11 PM
So let's hear the Sooner predictions now. I'm assuming that most of you are only worried about the early game in Talahassee? Maybe Stillwater at the end?

Personally, I am worried about every game next year. Upsets happen. Every game next year is important. Right now, I am trying to think about Tulsa.

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2011, 01:14 PM
FSU will be the deciding game of the year, why ask that? Silly, silly.
Stoolwater is building a t boone indoor practice facility with the adjacent Pat Jones Center. I may worry about them;)
http://ih1.redbubble.net/work.6773129.3.flat,550x550,075,f.tennessee-orange-barn.jpg

badger
6/24/2011, 01:18 PM

Hope you know I'm just having fun at your expense, just like I'd expect (and hope for) at hornfans.com. A rivalry is only as good as both teams make it and it's good to have a team to beat where a win would actually mean something.

Alas, we've both seen what the injury bug can do to preseason expectations, so with that in mind, 10 wins, a bowl win and at least being in the discussion for the Big 12 and national titles.

Now... I believe I was making fun of your football recession? :D

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ahu0ep.jpg

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 01:19 PM
Don't you know everything's bigger in Texas? When we have a down season, we like to get our money's worth. ;)

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2011, 01:42 PM
Don't you know everything's bigger in Texas? When we have a down season, we like to get our money's worth. ;)
http://x70.xanga.com/572f755033c33266942662/w212934403.jpg

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 01:43 PM
Nice. Yeah, we need a slump buster like that.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/24/2011, 01:47 PM
Personally, I am worried about every game next year. Upsets happen. Every game next year is important. Right now, I am trying to think about Tulsa.

You realize Tulsa hates playing defense right? They let people score just so they can get off the field...

badger
6/24/2011, 01:51 PM
Nice. Yeah, we need a slump buster like that.

Greg Davis is available.

http://i53.tinypic.com/sbu8go.jpg

BoulderSooner79
6/24/2011, 02:01 PM

Some of us already have us lined up against Bama next Jan 9th because Phil Steele said so. Some of us assume you guys will be bad just because you were last year. Personally, I'm just looking forward to see what kind of team we can put on the field Sept 3rd. I'm optimistic for all the reasons that have been published in every pre-season prediction. But there are lots of assumptions built into all of them, so the only thing to do now is to see what happens. Getting to the title game takes luck and the only way around it is to field a team so dominant luck won't matter. That won't be OU in '11. I'll believe your horns are bad again when I see it. Even if you guys are just tough on D, you can give us all we want as we proved against you in '09.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 02:02 PM
Greg Davis is available.

GDGD. When he doesn't have an NFL level running QB that can make something out of busted plays, he tends to suck. I'm excited to see what Harsinwhite can do.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 02:05 PM
You realize Tulsa hates playing defense right? They let people score just so they can get off the field...

I understand. And I know it is impossible for fans to not speculate, but I believe you need to go one game at a time.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 02:08 PM
I'll believe your horns are bad again when I see it. Even if you guys are just tough on D, you can give us all we want as we proved against you in '09.
D will be just as interesting as O this year for us. Diaz apparently likes to bring the house more than Muschamp did (rely on the front 4 for pressure mostly). That can be good and also really bad (especially since we're replacing our CBs). We also still need to sort out our rotation at DT. Apparently Taylor Bible is a complete bust and won't be on the team much longer (won't go to class and isn't working hard). We're set at DE/LB/S.

One thing though, you guys will finally have to gameplan for us.

TheUnnamedSooner
6/24/2011, 02:10 PM
Doesn't matter which team is down, anything can happen in the RRS, so that game always makes me nervous. FSU, Okla St, and aTm should be interesting.

badger
6/24/2011, 02:18 PM
One thing though, you guys will finally have to gameplan for us.

We'll have something else too --- courtesy of TexasSports.com, the top ten reasons to buy Texas season tickets!

1. Access to exclusive events, offers
Become a Longhorn Foundation donor for as low as $150 – in addition to season tickets, donors receive hospitality and special parking options. Season ticket holders also receive priority for away games, the AT&T Red River Rivalry game against Oklahoma and postseason tickets.

2. Mack Brown
A member of the Longhorn Hall of Honor, Brown joins legendary Darrell Royal as the only two head coaches in UT history to reach the 100-win plateau at Texas. Through the past decade, his Longhorns have won seven of nine bowl games, including a stretch of five straight for the first time in school history.

3. Enjoy the comforts of Royal-Memorial
As part of the 2009 stadium renovation and north end zone expansion, chair back seating and gameday hospitality areas are now available to season ticket holders. Experience the Texas Football atmosphere in the comfort of the Terrace Club on Six and Champions Club, then sit with your friends in the north end chair back seating area.

4. Invest in your business
Season tickets can work for your company as employee incentives and rewards. Longhorns games are also a great place to entertain clients, prospects and employees.

5. Savings
By purchasing 2011 Texas Football season tickets, you save 19 percent for all six home games against regular ticket prices.

6. One word -- tailgating
Nothing beats the Texas Football atmosphere, so get ready to be part of the largest college football stadium environment west of the Mississippi before you even enter Royal-Memorial.

7. Next-level skill
In the past 13 NFL Drafts, 15 UT players have been selected in the first round. What starts here really does change the world.

8. Support student-athletes
Your Longhorn Foundation donation goes directly to academic and athletic support of UT’s 550 student-athletes.

9. Family Tradition
How better to spend quality time with your family than wearing burnt orange and cheering on the Longhorns?

10. Entertainment value
From Bevo to Smokey the Cannon, from Big Bertha to the Showband of the Southwest, UT games offer excitement at every turn. And then the football team takes the field …

:mack: reason #2???

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 02:22 PM
:mack: reason #2???

What about it?

badger
6/24/2011, 02:27 PM
What about it?

http://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/trollface.jpg

Oh nothing, Herr. I was just wondering why your school only has two 100-win coaches?

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 02:28 PM
Turnover. Akers, McWilliams and Mackovic didn't stick around long enough.

texaspokieokie
6/24/2011, 04:04 PM

yep, would've taken them @ least 20 years each.
:D

badger
6/24/2011, 04:13 PM

http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/202000/202239_awesome_face.jpg

So you are suggesting that Mackovic should have stuck around longer to achieve 100 Texas wins? :D

Salt City Sooner
6/24/2011, 04:30 PM
#6, which led the conference. NU was next at #11.

Flagstaffsooner
6/24/2011, 04:32 PM
11. For just $10,000 you can pass out with Jenna Bush and Bevo in the end-zone.

utdeals.com

texaspokieokie
6/24/2011, 04:45 PM
Some of us already have us lined up against Bama next Jan 9th because Phil Steele said so. Some of us assume you guys will be bad just because you were last year. Personally, I'm just looking forward to see what kind of team we can put on the field Sept 3rd. I'm optimistic for all the reasons that have been published in every pre-season prediction. But there are lots of assumptions built into all of them, so the only thing to do now is to see what happens. Getting to the title game takes luck and the only way around it is to field a team so dominant luck won't matter. That won't be OU in '11. I'll believe your horns are bad again when I see it. Even if you guys are just tough on D, you can give us all we want as we proved against you in '09.

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 08:47 PM
So you are suggesting that Mackovic should have stuck around longer to achieve 100 Texas wins? :D
No. But in his defense, he did win the last SWC title and the very first Big XII title. His demise came in '97 when we went 4-7. His comment of "well, we won the conference last year and the fans loved that. They'll have to live with this too..." Buh bye. Also his lame comments when he blamed the '97 season on post concussion syndrome.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 08:56 PM
If I were a Tejas fan, just based off of what I have seen, I would go with the new McCoy. He looked great in the spring game, but that doesn't usually tell much. It definitely seems like he will have his shot since apparently Mack won't be making a depth chart.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 09:04 PM
Very weak arm. Bad mechanics. Looks goofy.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 09:12 PM
Very weak arm. Bad mechanics. Looks goofy.

Are you telling me Gilbert is the best option?

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 09:31 PM
No. True Fr. David Ash is our best hope. I'd like to see Connor Wood get a shot because he's the best athlete but apparently he can't throw it into the ocean from a boat from time to time. Not lookng good this season. Maybe Gilbert learns how to not turn it over 2-3 times a game. He seems to throw up his dress every time he's pressured though. And stare down one side of the field every pass play.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 09:35 PM
Who do you think the best players are on your offense and defense? JW.

oudavid1
6/24/2011, 10:43 PM
No. True Fr. David Ash is our best hope. I'd like to see Connor Wood get a shot because he's the best athlete but apparently he can't throw it into the ocean from a boat from time to time. Not lookng good this season. Maybe Gilbert learns how to not turn it over 2-3 times a game. He seems to throw up his dress every time he's pressured though. And stare down one side of the field every pass play.

I like the kid. i wanted to see him in the spring game but they didnt really have a lot of time for him. So your nor a big Case fan?

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 10:57 PM
So your nor a big Case fan?
No. Serviceable at best. Good backup.

oudavid1
6/24/2011, 11:04 PM
No. Serviceable at best. Good backup.

You mean now or forever?

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 11:08 PM
Who do you think the best players are on your offense and defense? JW.

Offense:
QB David Ash, WR Mike Davis, WR Darius White, WR Desean Hales, RB Jeremy Hills, RB Fozzy, OT Trey Hopkins, OG Mason Walters

Defense:
LB E. Acho, LB K. Robinson, LB Demarco Cobbs, LB Jordan Hicks, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Reggie Wilson, DE Alex Okafor, DT K. Randall, S K. Vaccaro, CB Quandre Diggs,

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 11:10 PM
Forgot DJ Monroe at RB.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 11:12 PM
You mean now or forever?

This year. We'll see.

SoonerofAlabama
6/24/2011, 11:14 PM
Offense:
QB David Ash, WR Mike Davis, WR Darius White, WR Desean Hales, RB Jeremy Hills, RB Fozzy, OT Trey Hopkins, OG Mason Walters

Defense:
LB E. Acho, LB K. Robinson, LB Demarco Cobbs, LB Jordan Hicks, DE Jackson Jeffcoat, DE Reggie Wilson, DE Alex Okafor, DT K. Randall, S K. Vaccaro, CB Quandre Diggs,

I am glad that you did not put Malcolm Brown on there. Not that he isn't talented, just he hasn't done anything yet.

Herr Scholz
6/24/2011, 11:56 PM
Nope.

oudavid1
6/25/2011, 12:15 AM
Offense:

Defense:

What about Goodwin??????????????

Herr Scholz
6/25/2011, 01:28 AM
What about Goodwin??????????????

The track guy?

101sooner
6/25/2011, 05:04 AM
All I have to do is look at the UT offense and make fun of the first two names I that I think of. That would be Fozzy and Gilbert. Based on my personal OU/Texas history, whenever I make fun of any Texas offensive player, they become a gigantic pain in OU's *** for the next few seasons.

GDC
6/25/2011, 10:27 AM
Why would you ask Herr or any stinking whorn to come back?

Soonerwake
6/25/2011, 12:49 PM
Why would you ask Herr or any stinking whorn to come back?

No kidding. They can all go away and stroke each other on imahorn.com..

oudavid1
6/25/2011, 01:47 PM
The track guy?

Was the reason you beat us in 09. Breaks a tackle short of the first down on 3rd and 7 and scored.

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 01:38 PM
Was the reason you beat us in 09. Breaks a tackle short of the first down on 3rd and 7 and scored.

I remember that play. I also remember him not being around any offseason and not having very good hands most of the time.

NormanPride
6/27/2011, 03:01 PM
WRs have some talent, but need a QB to get them the ball.

silverwheels
6/27/2011, 03:03 PM
Forgot DJ Monroe at RB.

So did Greg Davis last year.

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 03:42 PM
So did Greg Davis last year.
Yes, notice who's on the sideline in his signature play.

http://www.hookemreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Greg-Davis-3rd-and-5.jpg

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 03:46 PM

And, david, concerning the 16-13 defensive stuggle '09 game, I would submit we won that one because we had a better kicker. Hunter Lawrence was 3/3 that day and Jimmy Stevens was 2/3.

silverwheels
6/27/2011, 03:48 PM
Yeah, 09 was a kickers' battle. And the year of the endless replay.

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 03:48 PM
Offense:

Defense:

Have a feeling David Ash won't get his chance until his junior year.

BoulderSooner79
6/27/2011, 03:59 PM
And, david, concerning the 16-13 defensive stuggle '09 game, I would submit we won that one because we had a better kicker. Hunter Lawrence was 3/3 that day and Jimmy Stevens was 2/3.

And Colt McCoy was crafty enough to throw his sideline pick to Brian Jackson instead of Dom Franks :P

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 04:03 PM
Have a feeling David Ash won't get his chance until his junior year.

I wouldn't be so sure. This year is a rebuilding year for us anyway. I have a feeling Gilbert will be on a very short leash this year and one of McCoy/Wood will transfer before this Fall. Remember, we have Connor Brewer coming in next year who is Harsin's hand picked QB so no reason to save anyone. Just sayin.

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 04:04 PM
And Colt McCoy was crafty enough to throw his sideline pick to Brian Jackson instead of Dom Franks :P

That tackle was actually the play of the game, not Goodwin's TD. Well, I guess they were both good. ;)

NormanPride
6/27/2011, 04:06 PM
That's football for you. God love it. :D

Salt City Sooner
6/27/2011, 04:14 PM
2 flat-out dropped pick 6's didn't exactly help our cause.

Herr Scholz
6/27/2011, 04:27 PM
2 flat-out dropped pick 6's didn't exactly help our cause.

Just like us last year. We couldn't get Landry's fumble at the end and then Aaron Williams muffs the punt. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

BoulderSooner79
6/27/2011, 04:30 PM
That tackle was actually the play of the game, not Goodwin's TD. Well, I guess they were both good. ;)

Yep, that was an excellent open field tackle by Colt. But had it been Franks, he would have come up with an arm full of air as Franks was an excellent punt returner/open field guy. B. Jackon, not so much. But that could have been why you stayed away from Franks side of the field as he was the better cover guy.

SoonerofAlabama
6/27/2011, 06:32 PM
Just like us last year. We couldn't get Landry's fumble at the end and then Aaron Williams muffs the punt. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

That ball bounced perfectly for us. Right to Landry so that he could toss it out of bounds.

BoulderSooner79
6/27/2011, 07:11 PM

That LJ fumble was intentional for dramatic effect. He just wanted to see the range of emotions you guys could display over the course of 5 seconds. I can't speak to what Aaron Williams was up to.

oudavid1
6/27/2011, 08:34 PM

Brian Jackson makes that tackle....you kick, no td, -4, 13-12 OU wins. Simple math really. We had Goodwin hit 4 yards short of the first down.

oudavid1
6/27/2011, 08:37 PM

Well, Aaron Williams knocked out Sam Bradford, so watching him cry dosnt bother me at all. But he was trying to hard to replace Gideon as my favorite whorn.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/00/17/00/slideshow_1001702590_rgz_UT_OU_17.jpg

Herr Scholz
6/28/2011, 11:12 AM
Just beat you guys out for a kicker from the Metroplex. Trying to keep that advantage at least. It doesn't seem like you guys ever have a top notch kicker, no? Mack used to be of the opinion to get kickers from walkons but not anymore. I think it was after we didn't offer Mason Crosby from Georgetown a scholarship (who wanted to come here) and then he went to CU and became the best kicker in the country. We've had several last second wins from kickers lately (Nebraska in the snow, Michigan in Rose Bowl and of course the NU Big XII title game - and maybe the OU '09 game).

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Nick-Jordan-124432

BillyBall
6/28/2011, 11:14 AM
Just beat you guys out for a kicker from the Metroplex. Trying to keep that advantage at least. It doesn't seem like you guys ever have a top notch kicker, no? Mack used to be of the opinion to get kickers from walkons but not anymore. I think it was after we didn't offer Mason Crosby from Georgetown a scholarship (who wanted to come here) and then he went to CU and became the best kicker in the country. We've had several last second wins from kickers lately (Nebraska in the snow, Michigan in Rose Bowl and of course the NU Big XII title game - and maybe the OU '09 game).

Actually Stoops has had solid kickers up until Garrett Hartley graduated. But good for you, I usually get real excited when OU signs a kicker.........

Herr Scholz
6/28/2011, 11:28 AM
It's kind of like getting a new roof or a new refrigerator. You don't like spending money on it but you've got to have a good one. Michigan was woeful last year with theirs.

I'll never forget my first RRR game in 1990. Your kicker RD Lasher (who had a permed mullet) had the game winning kick at the end but hooked it. The kick was going into the OU crowd. They thought it was good and that half of the stadium erupted. Then the ref called it no good and our half exploded. Good times. ;)

SoonerofAlabama
6/28/2011, 11:29 AM

Well, not that he was highly recruited, but we have yet to see Michael Hunnicutt.

Herr Scholz
6/28/2011, 11:31 AM
Well, not that he was highly recruited, but we have yet to see Michael Hunnicutt.

Preferred walkon in '11?

BillyBall
6/28/2011, 01:46 PM
Hey, Jimmy Stevens is pretty solid from 20-25 yards.

BoulderSooner79
6/28/2011, 02:00 PM

We've got Jimmy Stevens! How many other kickers can kick a frozen rope between the arms of the defender, that skims the top of the crossbar and falls over for a good extra point? JS. is. money.

badger
6/28/2011, 02:18 PM
I think it takes more skill to hit the goalpost than to get it through the uprights. Football of the future, perhaps? When steroids and other performance enhancers become legal in competition, meaning the game has to be more challenging?

<clang>

Ref: It's good!

:D

SoonerofAlabama
6/28/2011, 02:25 PM
It is hard to kick the deep ball when you are 5' 5". Jimmy is the accurate one. O'Hara has the leg.

Mississippi Sooner
6/28/2011, 02:26 PM
I don't have the link now, but someone at Rivals ranked the Big 12 teams by the best at each defensive position a week or two ago. As I recall, the only position where the Sooners ranked best was in special teams. Now, I know this decision was probably heavily weighted due to Tress Way's punting abilities, but they also praised Jimmy Stevens' kicking skills from inside the 40. I smiled a little.

BillyBall
6/28/2011, 02:51 PM
It is hard to kick the deep ball when you are 5' 5".

Maybe that means he's not a kicker.

Salt City Sooner
6/28/2011, 04:16 PM
Stevens was 19-23 on FG's last year, & he didn't miss a PAT in 53 chances. No doubt that a few of 'em weren't pretty, but he put a whole lot more of 'em through than he didn't none the less.

OULenexaman
6/28/2011, 04:22 PM
I had a permed mullet once...back in 81.

UTgradOUfan
6/28/2011, 05:58 PM
OK, it appears Herr "Oilcan" Scholz has gone back to his crack pipe so allow me to give you some background on what all is going on here in Austin among the whorn faithful. It is pathetic. It would be sad as well except that so many of the whorn faithful are, like our "Oilcan" here, bitter, resentful and delusional little haters. To be more specific this really only applies to their football fans. As a UT alum and Austinite I do go to a lot of UT sporting events. I love the baseball crowd and go to almost every home game. Although the basketball games resemble a morgue I enjoy them.
But the whorn football fanatics are a strange and infantile bunch. It is common at the baseball games to hear someone comment about a fan being obnoxious and/or making an *ss of himself how he must be a football fan.
This has been going on for a long time and is acknowledged openly by people who live here. Whorn football fans are way over-represented by cranks, drunks and racists. They are, perhaps, the worst bunch of racists left in the country. In EVERY gathering of alums I hear the boast about how UT was the last all-white national championship team. Really? It's sad but entirley predictable.
Ask "Oilcan" if he ever comes back to explain the Donnie Little saga.
Just know that 5-7 produced a mass tantrum in Austin. Their football team sucked. Mack Brown is a total tool. And since I get to hear what they say amongst themselves, trust me, they deeply admire Stoops and would trade MB for him in a heartbeat. Ignore "Oilcan" and the other Kool-Aide drinkers like him. His avatar tells you all you need to know. It's perfect! Like Cartman he is a bitter, jealous hater given to fits of rage and self-delusion. He is a child. Thus the tantrums. They are all over town. You don't see them at other UT sporting events but hear them constantly whining "but, but we are the Jones's".
The good news is that it is going to only get worse. I saw both spring scrimmages, here and in Norman. The whorns are really, really bad. None of their QB's is ready for primetime. And even if they were I'm not sure it would really matter. Their O line is godawful bad. As for their RB's let me just say Fozzy is still the best they got. What they have in the secondary was hard to tell in the scrimmage b/c their WR's are not good.
But they will certainly have the biggest and flashiest media guide in the country and not doubt "Oilcan" and his friends will sleep with it.
As for what I saw in Norman?
Welllll
Theres only one Oklahoma
Roll On Big Red

VA Sooner
6/28/2011, 07:43 PM
Actually, one of the better threads in a while.

Thanks for returning, Herr.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 02:14 PM

No sweat. I'll just ignore the morons.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/30/2011, 02:40 PM

This weak @$$ thread ain't got nuthin' on the "delete me" thread!!! ;)

Partial Qualifier
6/30/2011, 02:55 PM

Well - is it even possible to put yourself on ignore ?? ;)

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 03:46 PM
Yes, my interweb skills are that advanced.

badger
6/30/2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, my interweb skills are that advanced.

^^^what you see^^^

This message you just typed is hidden because you are on your ignore list.

^^^what herr sees^^^

yankee
6/30/2011, 03:50 PM
5-7

tuck fexas

BoulderSooner79
6/30/2011, 04:27 PM

Don't you dare ignore me!!

Oh, wait... :O

Mad Dog Madsen
6/30/2011, 04:35 PM
Feel free to ignore me if you haven't already. ;)

yankee
6/30/2011, 04:45 PM
Feel free to ignore me if you haven't already. ;)

A whorn on an OU message board ignoring you should be taken as a compliment!

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 05:09 PM
Is anyone saying anything? Am I?

badger
6/30/2011, 05:13 PM
Is anyone saying anything? Am I?

Need something to say? Make a fearless prediction about the RRS.

Here's mine: We score 50+ and you score in the single digits Hook em

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 05:38 PM
Don't see us winning the RRS this year with all the coaching turnover and question marks we have at QB and O line. I think our D will keep us in the game for a while though. Just think the Sooners will be too much this year. I look for us to be back to national prominence in '12 and give you all you want.

I hope we play a ton of young guys this year and treat it like a rebuilding season.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 05:45 PM
Herr, you have to be the smartest Texan I have ever met. I have heard some ridiculous predictions from other Texas fans. You are one of just a few Longhorn fan who knows what they are talking about.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 05:51 PM
Herr, you have to be the smartest Texan I have ever met.
Thanks, but by this do you mean I'm the tallest midget? ;)

I can talk about football objectively. It's not a crime.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 06:18 PM
Herr, bold the games you think Texas wins.

Sept 3 - Texas vs Rice
Sept 10 - Texas vs Brigham Young
Sept 17 - Texas @ UCLA
Oct 1 - Texas @ Iowa State
Oct 8 - Texas vs Oklahoma
Oct 15 - Texas vs Oklahoma State
Oct 29 - Texas vs Kansas
Nov 5 - Texas vs Texas Tech
Nov 12 - Texas @ Missouri
Nov 19 - Texas vs Kansas State
Nov 24 - Texas @ Texas A&M
Dec 3 - Texas @ Baylor

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 06:28 PM
Herr, bold the games you think Texas wins.

Sept 3 - Texas vs Rice
Sept 10 - Texas vs Brigham Young - tossup
Sept 17 - Texas @ UCLA - tossup
Oct 1 - Texas @ Iowa State
Oct 8 - Texas vs Oklahoma - L
Oct 15 - Texas vs Oklahoma State - L
Oct 29 - Texas vs Kansas
Nov 5 - Texas vs Texas Tech
Nov 12 - Texas @ Missouri - tossup
Nov 19 - Texas vs Kansas State
Nov 24 - Texas @ Texas A&M - tossup
Dec 3 - Texas @ Baylor

I've got 6 wins, 2 losses and 4 tossups. If we can win one of BYU/UCLA and one of Mizzou/A&M, we could have a decent season (8 or 9 wins). If we can make progress from last year, get some young guys experience, find a QB and win a bowl game going into next year, I and most of the Longhorn fanbase will be happy.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 06:31 PM
I've got 6 wins, 2 losses and 4 tossups. If we can win one of BYU/UCLA and one of Mizzou/A&M, we could have a decent season (8 or 9 wins). If we can make progress from last year, get some young guys experience, find a QB and win a bowl game going into next year, I and most of the Longhorn fanbase will be happy.

That is long grocery list of things to do.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 06:37 PM
Nowhere to go but up. Honestly, that's what I see happening but I wouldn't be surprised to see us beat a team we shouldn't (namely OSU) and lose to one we shouldn't (KSU always has our number for whatever reason). It all depends on how the Harsinwhite offense progresses and if one of the QBs can get it.

What is your objective opinion on our season? Lot of question marks. Hard to call it right now. I think the BYU game as the 2nd one of the season will tell a lot.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 06:45 PM
Sept 3 - Texas vs Rice W
Sept 10 - Texas vs Brigham Young
Sept 17 - Texas @ UCLA W
Oct 1 - Texas @ Iowa State W
Oct 8 - Texas vs Oklahoma L
Oct 15 - Texas vs Oklahoma State W (Overconfidence leads to Poke Choke)
Oct 29 - Texas vs Kansas W
Nov 5 - Texas vs Texas Tech L
Nov 12 - Texas @ Missouri W
Nov 19 - Texas vs Kansas State W
Nov 24 - Texas @ Texas A&M L 5-10
Dec 3 - Texas @ Baylor W

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 06:50 PM
That's reasonable. However, we get Tech at home and they rarely do well in Austin (Lubbock is obviously a different story). I'm more worried about the away game at Mizzou than that one.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 07:03 PM
Yeah, I don't think either Mizzou or Texas Tech will field very good teams this year. Texas Tech lost their QB, as did Mizzou. And neither one has loads of talent around them. The Mizzou game will be a struggle, but I think you guys win by five or less. And Tech at Austin is just an upset I put in there. Iowa State last year was unpredicatble, I am just putting that on there to have fun with it.

Oh and while I have your attention, what was the deal last year against A&M, why didn't the player pick up the ball on that punt return? Shouldn't he have at least tried to do something?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 07:12 PM
Don't remember that play specifically. Probably dumb play like we exhibited all year. I just remember GG turning the ball over 3 times and us not being able to stop Cyrus Gray.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 07:22 PM
Not a great video, but Start at about 12:45

cV5_bbgC_w4

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 07:41 PM
Yeah, we should've tried to score there at the very end. Wouldn't have mattered though, didn't really have a shot at that punt. Thanks for making me sit through "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......WH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP" though. Weird MFers.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah sorry. No matter who you are a fan of, I think we can all agree that Texas A&M is the weirdest school in college sports athletics. Of course the Aggies call it "tradition".

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 07:46 PM
I was freezing my balls off that night too. I was upstairs where my season tickets are and the wind was brutal. We had a chance to tie it at the end and of course GG turns it over near their endzone by staring down the WR.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 07:52 PM
I was freezing my balls off that night too. I was upstairs where my season tickets are and the wind was brutal. We had a chance to tie it at the end and of course GG turns it over near their endzone by staring down the WR.

Yeah, I was watching that game at home. His eyes were fixed on him the entire time. Then Von Miller jumps and easily picks it off. If I were a Texas fan, I would have absolutely no faith in Gilbert at all. Do you feel that way?

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 07:52 PM
I'm calling BS right there....

Steers don't have ballz.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 08:00 PM
If I were a Texas fan, I would have absolutely no faith in Gilbert at all. Do you feel that way?
Absolutely. I'm done with that guy. He just doesn't have "it". Completely panics if there's any pressure at all. Turns it over 2-3 times a game without fail. Plus he can't see apparently. Get him some Charlies Sheen glasses from Major League.

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 08:05 PM
If I were a Texas fan

Thanks...I just threw up in my mouth....

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 08:07 PM
Absolutely. I'm done with that guy. He just doesn't have "it". Completely panics if there's any pressure at all. Turns it over 2-3 times a game without fail. Plus he can't see apparently. Get him some Charlies Sheen glasses from Major League.

Do you know how many fumbles he had last season?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 08:12 PM
Do you know how many fumbles he had last season?

He threw 17 picks. Our team fumbled 20 times and lost 13 of them, most attributable to him.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 08:14 PM
Well, Gilbert ran a lot last year too didn't he? Something like 5 rushing Tds if I remember correctly but UT gave up a good bit of sacks so he was forced to, I guess.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 08:21 PM
If you breathe on him, he coughs it up.

goingoneight
6/30/2011, 08:22 PM
I think Gilbert posseses the arm and maybe the talent to be good at UT, but he clearly wasn't ready even after a year of preparation for it. They know QBs pretty good down in Austin, so i really go think if they had a better answer, it would have been out there. All aspects of that team were just bad. Many critics have been saying for a long time that Texas was lucky to have Vince Young and Colt McCoy, because they weren't a very physical team and lacked big-time runners to take the edge off of their passing game. You lose your ace QB, then someone has to step under center and be a legendary QB like Young or McCoy. It just wasn't going to happen for much of anybody, let alone a guy who is young and not ready. That team would have been frustrating for any QB will all of the missed blocks, dropped passes, route fail and penalties. But Gilbert made a 7-8-win team a 5-win team due to poor play. Harsin may not have been THE reason why Boise State was so good the last few years, but he does bring the experience to Austin of getting the most out of his players at Boise. I think anyone who got him would have been thrilled knowing Boise's wacky trickeration-filled offense and how good it's been the last five years or so.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 08:36 PM
I'm excited about Harsin, even more excited about our new S&C coach.

Soonermagik
6/30/2011, 09:19 PM

I want to see how Harsin does outside of Boise State. I think the guy has a lot of potential, but only time will tell. I think the biggest hang-up for the whorns' offense is the lack of a real RB for the last few years.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 09:29 PM
Well, Malcolm Brown will certainly get his shot this Fall. Jamaal Charles was our last gamebreaker in '07.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 09:31 PM
Well, Malcolm should do well. What do you think Mack will do with Cody Johnson and Fozzy Whittaker, considering they are both seniors.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 09:37 PM
Cody will be the short yardage back. Fozzy will be out as soon as he falls on the ground so that one's moot. I want to see Jeremy Hills in this offense. Good pass catcher out of the backfield (wheel routes and such).

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 09:48 PM
What about DJ Monroe? 3rd String RB?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 09:53 PM
What about DJ Monroe? 3rd String RB?

Who knows. Harsin's good at getting players different packages based on their skillsets. He doesn't have an offense so much as runs just completely different plays based on the D and situation based on what advantage he can find. He really doesn't seem to have a scheme, just tries to run plays that work.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 09:55 PM
What is your opinion of the "no depth chart" plan?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 10:00 PM
I hope it results in Connor Wood and/or David Ash getting a real shot at QB. I'm always a fan of competition everywhere though, especially with the new schemes on both sides of the ball and the new workouts. Let the tough ones survive and get rid of the lazy/soft ones.

Apparently the new O line coach Searels got pissed that the linemen were working out early in the AM when it was cool. He made them switch it to 100 degree afternoon workouts. We might be taking a page from your very own Schmidty.

A Sooner in Texas
6/30/2011, 10:01 PM
Why does it feel as though everybody here is just kind of humoring Herr?

"Oh yeah, that guy should be good. Oh yeah, sure, Texas ought to win at least six this season...." On and on and on.

The sweetest thing this season would be for OU to go all the way to #8.

The next sweetest thing would be for Texas to have another losing season and implosion of the whorn collective.

Nothing against Herr, because he has a brain, but....

SUCK IT, TEXAS!

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 10:06 PM
I hope it results in Connor Wood and/or David Ash getting a real shot at QB. I'm always a fan of competition everywhere though, especially with the new schemes on both sides of the ball and the new workouts. Let the tough ones survive and get rid of the lazy/soft ones.

Apparently the new O line coach Searels got pissed that the linemen were working out early in the AM when it was cool. He made them switch it to 100 degree afternoon workouts. We might be taking a page from your very own Schmidty.

Well, if David Ash is as good as you have said he is then he will find a way. No way Gilbert starts for more than two games unless he has a miraculous turn-around. And you are right about survival of the fittest, especially with quarterbacks as most want to be guaranteed the starting job from day one. Only the tough ones will be able to last through the QB battles. And once again Herr, you are the smartest Texas fan I have ever met and that is a compliment. One last question, how am I on my Longhorn knowledge?

Sooner_Tuf
6/30/2011, 10:08 PM

Your coaches are involved in summer workouts?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 10:09 PM
You're up to speed for sure, bama. And thanks again. Good talking football with knowledgable fans no matter where they're from.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2011, 10:10 PM

Well, then get ready fro a bunch of them to quit. ;)

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 10:10 PM

Not directly, but yep, just like yours.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 10:12 PM
Well, then get ready fro a bunch of them to quit. ;)

Sadly, I don't think we can take that.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 10:38 PM
Herr, what about receivers? Do you think Texas has good enough receivers to help out their QB, whomever that may be? I know they just recruited Jaxon Shipley, but they lost Kirkendoll and Chiles, both in the top 3 at UT. Plus they lost TE Greg Smith.What do you think of your receivers and tight ends?

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 10:46 PM
No viable TEs. Irby might be back but he'll never be like he was after that knee. DJ Grant maybe. Barrett Matthews can't catch. Dominique Jones was our best one but I think he's about to flunk out.

WRs are good but young. Losing Kirk and Chiles is a good thing. Mike Davis, Darius White, Desean Hales and John Harris will turn some heads this season (if we can get them the ball). Malcolm Williams is moving inside to an Hback type role. Shipley might contribute. Who knows about Goodwin or when he'll be around from track. He'll be at the world track meet in Korea for our first game, hasn't practiced at all this offseason. WRs are not the problem. It's QB and O line.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 10:50 PM
Speaking of O-line. Huey and Hix are gone, not that it makes any difference. Does the new O-line coach change things? I know that Texas recruited some offensive linemen, but how do you think the O-line will look next year?

goingoneight
6/30/2011, 11:03 PM
It just looked to me last year like Texas had plenty of tall, fast and muscular dudes who looked lost on gameday. Malcolm Williams doesn't haul in that deep ball over Aaron Colvin if he doesn't have the talent, nor does Gilbert make the pretty throw. They just looked really disoriented. And going back a few years, it looked like something like that was bound to happen one day because of how the Texas offense was usually centered around one or two guys. Losing Shipley and McCoy alone I think cost them probably five wins just based on decision-making, pride and confidence. Throw a new QB in with no running game, average at best receivers and no leadership, it just looked flat-out ugly. Reminded me of OU's offense through five games in 2005 before they got AD rolling and the young guys in the swing of things. Problem for UT last year was no AD-like figure to build around and they did everything from changing their offense to throwing coaches and players under the bus.
In the BIG 12, it's not hard to immediately turn things around offensively. OU and OSU the last six seasons are proof of this.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 11:03 PM
Interior will be good, OTs are super thin. Center: Sr. David Snow with So. Garrett Porter pushing him pretty hard. OG: Sr. Tray Allen and So. Mason Walters with So. Ashcraft backing them (all good). OT: So. Hopkins (true OG) and So. Kelley (out of necessity). No discernable backups there. Dire. Our last O line coach McWhorter really got lazy in recruiting and now we're screwed at tackle. True freshmen Cochran and Greenlea will play early and often. It really hurt when we lost that kid Westerman to Auburn. He probably would've started day 1.

We're trying to get some tackles in this next class for sure. We've got Camron Hughes and Estelle Kennedy verbaled who are very nice but really trying to get Andrus Peat out of Arizona too.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2011, 11:07 PM
And going back a few years, it looked like something like that was bound to happen one day because of how the Texas offense was usually centered around one or two guys. Losing Shipley and McCoy alone I think cost them probably five wins just based on decision-making, pride and confidence.
The coaching staff was fighting and Mack relied on players to provide leadership (ala VY and Colt). We had no leadership at all last year. GG is no leader and the D checked out when our offense was sucking out loud. Awful season all around.

That's why I like Ash at QB most of all. He's already kicking everyone in the *** as a true Fr. He's got it.

SoonerofAlabama
6/30/2011, 11:56 PM
Herr, what is UT's best unit as a whole right now?

Herr Scholz
7/1/2011, 02:08 AM
Herr, what is UT's best unit as a whole right now?

Probably DEs, LBs and WRs.

BoomerJ
7/1/2011, 09:29 AM
Herr, you guys have had a pretty solid secondary for a long time now. I know that you lost some to the NFL. Is youth or inexperience why you didn't mention them?

oudavid1
7/1/2011, 11:22 AM

He looks like he could play right now. The guy is scary. But he is no Shmitty.

Sooner_Tuf
7/1/2011, 11:42 AM
Not directly, but yep, just like yours.

Would you prefer to be called Her McCoy or Rachel Scholz? Her has a nice ring to it.

It's cool that you have inside knowledge of the Texas Football program but I doubly impressed that you have the same at Oklahoma. :rolleyes:

SoonerofAlabama
7/1/2011, 05:48 PM
Who knows about Goodwin or when he'll be around from track. He'll be at the world track meet in Korea for our first game, hasn't practiced at all this offseason.

Well, its been announced. Goodwin is skipping football for 2011 to focus on track.

goingoneight
7/1/2011, 11:46 PM
I really thought after what I saw of Goodwin in 2009, that he'd have become a much bigger playmaker than he was. Coulda been a sophomore slump, though. Lord knows things weren't ideally set for success there last year.

Herr Scholz
7/3/2011, 02:28 AM
Goodwin's caught 2 career TDs, one of which was against you to win the '09 game. He has no hands. He had 300 yds receiving all of last year. I think we can replace that.

That said, I wish him the best in the long jump. He just won the long jump title at the US Championships. He's going to compete in Sep. during our first game in the World Championships in Korea. He's taking off the year to do that and make the Olympics next summer in London too. Would be awesome if he got a medal and we'd welcome him back with open arms because he has 2 years left of eligibility.

Herr Scholz
7/3/2011, 02:39 AM
Herr, you guys have had a pretty solid secondary for a long time now. I know that you lost some to the NFL. Is youth or inexperience why you didn't mention them?

We lost 3 CBs to the league: Chykie Brown, Curtis Brown and Aaron Williams. 2 brand new starters and green depth. True freshman Quandre Diggs might start.

We have 3 safeties back: Gideon, Scott and Vacarro. Gideon and Scott were the starters last year but V has taken Scott's spot at FS and will probably also play nickel. Gideon's about to be a 4th year starter but he still takes bad angles on plays.

No surefire NFL players on this secondary. Our LBs and DEs are our strength on D this year.

Herr Scholz
7/3/2011, 02:41 AM
It's cool that you have inside knowledge of the Texas Football program but I doubly impressed that you have the same at Oklahoma. :rolleyes:

Didn't one of your coaches just get in trouble for being involved in offseason workouts, keeping tab on who was showing up and such? I'm pretty sure that was on ESPN. Just sayin.

Peach Fuzz
7/3/2011, 03:57 AM
Gideon, I'm looking at his stats and I never thought of him to be as 'good' as papers say... Seems he hasn't been a factor in big games? Or have I just missed great feats against rice and crew?

3 tackles/UCLA 4/OU 4/NEB

101sooner
7/3/2011, 06:55 AM
Oh Gideon is a superstar. He MUST be on the field this October.

101sooner
7/3/2011, 07:15 AM

This is an important observation. * is cheating.

tcrb
7/3/2011, 10:06 PM
Gideon, I'm looking at his stats and I never thought of him to be as 'good' as papers say... Seems he hasn't been a factor in big games? Or have I just missed great feats against rice and crew?

3 tackles/UCLA 4/OU 4/NEB

As I recall, Gideon was a major factor in the outcome of the 08 tech/ut game. ;)

Herr Scholz
7/5/2011, 09:39 PM
Our secondary isn't as strong as it's been. Safeties are experienced but no true playmakers besides Vaccaro. Gideon is just solid. A lot of young, young guys will play this year at CB (we're throwing them against the wall right now to see what sticks). Look for Fr. Quandre Diggs to make some noise though at CB. The other guys in the mix at CB are: So. C Byndom, So. AJ White, So. A Phillips, RS Fr. B Jackson, Fr M Thompson, Fr. S Evans and Fr. J Turner.

Diggs and Turner are looking good in 7 on 7s.

Sooner_Tuf
7/5/2011, 10:58 PM
Didn't one of your coaches just get in trouble for being involved in offseason workouts, keeping tab on who was showing up and such? I'm pretty sure that was on ESPN. Just sayin.

I don't know. You are my inside source for OU and Texas Football. I guess if we got in trouble then you guys should be getting the same soon.

Herr Scholz
7/5/2011, 11:14 PM
If you don't think coaches at big programs know what's going on in their offseason programs, you're just being silly.

XingTheRubicon
7/9/2011, 12:51 PM
Some of herr "I live in my mom's basement" scholz's latest on orangebloods

apparently he was upset to hear Fleming was back

What a complete joke of a school allowing that perennial cheater back. Scumbag u and Stoops show their true colors yet again.

And your school is a complete joke. Zero academic integrity up there at that glorified juco football factory.

I never ripped Metoyer. I said he was substandard as a student and WHEN he gets to OU, he'll never have a single problem academically because your school is a complete joke (see Fleming coming back after cheating year after year) and you let kids skate in the classroom completely (2 whole kids missing time due to grades during Stoops' entire 12-year tenure at OU).

I'm ripping your crap school, your win at all costs coach and your dumbass fanbase.

Sometimes 5-7 turns happy basement....into sad basement.

Quik Sand
7/9/2011, 01:12 PM
Nice....feelings are mutual there Herr.

Salt City Sooner
7/9/2011, 03:25 PM
We can only dream of aspirations of having players who are gifted enough to pull a 6 on the wonderlic.

silverwheels
7/9/2011, 03:34 PM
So he's free to talk **** about OU on his own team's board but he cries like a little tittybaby when OU fans talk **** about UT on this board. What a loser.