PDA

View Full Version : Nation's Long Term Debt

Pages : 1 [2]

bigfatjerk
6/26/2011, 12:53 PM
Look at the owner of a major company. The personally get taxed around 30-40% that doesn't include their company getting taxed around 30-40% I think it's 36% or something like that for top companies. Now granted they still make millions and find ways to deduct to where they are probably paying half of both numbers. But still that's why this system is a joke. You try to double tax companies but those same companies find deductions to take the double tax away. If you want to have a flat tax where all individuals play a flat rate say 10-20% like is discussed that's fine. If you want the fair tax at roughly 20% that's fine too.

diverdog
6/26/2011, 08:05 PM
how many times do you want to tax the same dollar?
the govt will still get its cut..
mizzou didn't sit on the donation....they built a basketball arena...the money was still taxed in the end but lots of people benefited in the form of wages and company profits....

we are fools for taxing ourselves to death..
i pay income tax/self imployment taxes on my earnings...
then i buy a piece of farm equipment and i pay property tax on it as long as i own it...
then if i sell it after the 7 year depreciation period...it now becomes income and i pay taxes on it..

not long ago if you bought a tv/refrigerator/household item...you paid sales tax on it...then you paid property tax on it EVERY year....

let's just give all our money to the govt and let them give us back what we need...
now that would be a great system...

Why do you pay property tax on a piece of farm equipment? That makes absolutely no sense what so ever! Is your property reassessed every year and does that assessment include things like tractors, combines? And I would also ask why you are paying taxes on a piece of equipment that you are selling? Are you not set up as an S Corp or LLC? Do you roll the money over into new equipment?

87sooner
6/26/2011, 08:21 PM
Why do you pay property tax on a piece of farm equipment?
That makes absolutely no sense what so ever! Is your property reassessed every year and does that assessment include things like tractors, combines?

because there are more city people in this state than there are farmers...
about 10 years ago....we voted to make changes to the property tax laws...
we no longer have to pay property tax on household goods (furniture/tv's/appliances)....
the city folks got a big tax cut...and a huge tax burden got shifted to farmers and businesses...
we no longer have to pay property taxes on livestock...whoopeee
but business property is still taxed....yes...i pay tax EVERY year on every piece of farm equipment i own....tractors/combines/planters/seeders/sprayers/augers/etc...
yes...i have to assess every year...

And I would also ask why you are paying taxes on a piece of equipment that you are selling? Are you not set up as an S Corp or LLC? Do you roll the money over into new equipment?

i usually do roll the money into another piece of equipment...
if i don't....i have to claim the sale as income (recapture depreciation)...
i am not an s corp or llc....
i'm a sole proprietor....
have no idea what the income tax implications would be under those designations...
i don't think it would have any bearing on property taxes...
i'm pretty sure all business here pay property taxes on business equipment...
i know oil companies do...
the wind farms are a boon to local schools because the wind turbines are assessed and property taxes paid EVERY year....and those things are worth millions...

you're right.....it makes no sense....unless you're politicians needing a way to fund schools...

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 08:45 AM
Duh!
Please at least be reasonable JM.
The biggest cancer in the country is the entitlement mentality of the non-contributing citizens, and the politicians who reward them!

Really? I thought Wisconsin said it was the entitlement mentality of the Contributing lazy ***, over paid, over benefited State Union Workers?

Oops.....wait a minute.....they are just trespassing freeloaders now.

Gee....it's so confusing.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2011, 11:46 AM
it's amazing that you act like it's a sin/crime if something isn't taxed...

if that money were taxed...the gift may have never been given...and many would not have benefited...

Many? Who benefitted from that $425 Million? Did Mizzou not already have a basketball arena? Was it not one of the larger ones in the Big 12? The concept of tax deductible is to incentivize things that are good for the public and would not normally be done without the tax incentives. College Sports have totally run roughshod over this in the last dozen years and at this point, they no longer need the help for things like buildings and salaries.

I'm fairly sure $425 could endow quite a few professorships or scholarships which would have been more in the public good (since it eases the needs of the state on salary/students on tuitiion).

By differentiating betweeen for-profit and non-profit activities, you help to curb the largess that otherwise inevitably spirals out of control in a non-profit that has much more in income than expenses.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2011, 11:48 AM
Really? I thought Wisconsin said it was the entitlement mentality of the Contributing lazy ***, over paid, over benefited State Union Workers?

Oops.....wait a minute.....they are just trespassing freeloaders now.

Gee....it's so confusing.

Given negotiations on your compensation, which would you rather negotiate with? A mid-level bureaucrat or Boeing?

87sooner
6/27/2011, 12:08 PM
Many? Who benefitted from that $425 Million? Did Mizzou not already have a basketball arena? Was it not one of the larger ones in the Big 12? The concept of tax deductible is to incentivize things that are good for the public and would not normally be done without the tax incentives. College Sports have totally run roughshod over this in the last dozen years and at this point, they no longer need the help for things like buildings and salaries.

I'm fairly sure $425 could endow quite a few professorships or scholarships which would have been more in the public good (since it eases the needs of the state on salary/students on tuitiion).

By differentiating betweeen for-profit and non-profit activities, you help to curb the largess that otherwise inevitably spirals out of control in a non-profit that has much more in income than expenses.

construction companies...contractors....and their employees...who in turn paid tax on it...
if that gift had been taxable...the giver might have chosen to leave it in the market...
it's apparent you hate people that have "largess"....and you want your share.....and taxes is the only way to get it...

CrimsonCream
6/27/2011, 12:55 PM
Exactly.

And it got taxed when the person giving it got their paycheck.

I hate Taxtards. You get enough. Maybe stop spending money on bull**** like lighting up the Empire state Building in Rainbow colors?

Or Harry Reid's National Cowboy Poetry.

You think listening to that Loon Reid that the National Cowboy Poetry was a national shrine.