PDA

View Full Version : 113 degrees in PHX today!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/21/2011, 12:33 PM
Hoo boy, it REALLY IS the beginning of summer!This kind of weather can be expected here til early Sept. and then, still above 100 degrees til mid-to-late Oct.

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 12:37 PM
There are no monkeys indigenous to such a climate. There's a reason for that.

6/21/2011, 12:39 PM
There are no monkeys indigenous to such a climate. There's a reason for that.Desert monkeys? maybe babboons in the Kalahari?

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 12:44 PM
Might I suggest:

http://www.bluechipmoving.com/images/PagesMayflowerTruckMovingStorageSouthBaySmaller.jp g

The Maestro
6/21/2011, 12:46 PM
I stay indoors and it is 75. Meanwhile, no tornadoes in the spring or freezing rain the winter. No mosquitos. Car parked in parking garage. I'll take my kids swimming tonight after the sun goes down.

I'm good.

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 12:48 PM
Heh. My wife's two sisters both live in Chandler. We visit from time to time, but I certainly couldn't live there.

OutlandTrophy
6/21/2011, 12:50 PM
I'm now understanding why he posts the way he does. It's really not his fault.

soonersweetie
6/21/2011, 12:50 PM
Summer sucks!! Too hot to do anything outdoors, no real sports on tv (except baseball, which is so hard to give all my attention to for a full 9 innings).

There should be 3 seasons, Spring, Fall, Winter. And maybe no football in spring so we can pay attn to a little basketball and hockey.

The day before the MLB All Star game is the most depressing sports day a year. There is NO sports on. No football, basketball, hockey, baseball, or nascar. It's dead. There maybe golf on, but i'm not even sure about that.

OhU1
6/21/2011, 12:53 PM
Isn't it too hot to swim in Arizona? I've heard pool water gets up to 95 degrees unless you rig up a pool cooler. That's not refreshing.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 12:55 PM
i've been in the desert a lot, i think i could live there. i never will, but i could.

i'll probly die rite here in tx, but if i ever move, it'll be back to ok.

i've spent a total of about 1 year in desert, but hottest day i ever saw was 117 in burbank.

actully, i think burbank is in the desert.

6/21/2011, 12:55 PM
I'm now understanding why he posts the way he does. It's really not his fault.ah, the brain-affected card. Good play!

NormanPride
6/21/2011, 12:56 PM
Summer sucks!! Too hot to do anything outdoors, no real sports on tv (except baseball, which is so hard to give all my attention to for a full 9 innings).

There should be 3 seasons, Spring, Fall, Winter. And maybe no football in spring so we can pay attn to a little basketball and hockey.

The day before the MLB All Star game is the most depressing sports day a year. There is NO sports on. No football, basketball, hockey, baseball, or nascar. It's dead. There maybe golf on, but i'm not even sure about that.
I'm sorry... did you say no football in spring? What would make you say something like that?

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 12:57 PM
also the day after the all-star game.

Mjcpr
6/21/2011, 12:58 PM
Is it a dry 113?

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 12:59 PM
dry, yes but still a hot mother ****er.

6/21/2011, 01:02 PM
Is it a dry 113?yeah, until the "monsoon" season starts about the 7th of july. Then, for a couple of months we get occasional rain, and higher humidity. Nothing like the gulf coast, or even OK, but still there is appreciable humidity.

The Maestro
6/21/2011, 01:04 PM
Isn't it too hot to swim in Arizona? I've heard pool water gets up to 95 degrees unless you rig up a pool cooler. That's not refreshing.

It is in some pools, mainly people with home pools in their backyard that don't have a cooling system. Those pools suck. Our community has two pools and they are both kept cool so the water is refreshing...go over about 8 and swim with the kids until 8:30...no big deal.

As for the dry/humid debate, it is real. I will golf in 110 or hotter and if I keep a cold, wet towel around my neck between shots, I am adjusted by about the fourth hole. Not even sweating that much cause no humidity. Meanwhile, I golfed in Houston in May at around 85 degrees and was drenched.

Depends on what you prefer. I lived in Oklahoma, Texas and AZ. Like I said, no tornadoes and freezing rain works for me...and just plan around the heat. This is the brutal time of year to live here, but all places deal with heat this time of year. Anything over 100 in Oklahoma is worse than anything I have experienced here.

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 01:05 PM
We got married in Scottsdale in October. It was lovely. But I'd still eat a gun if I had to live there, but hey, I live in Oklahoma, so it's not like I have some sort of weather advantage over anyone.

NormanPride
6/21/2011, 01:07 PM
I'd rather not live where scorpions live.

3rdgensooner
6/21/2011, 01:15 PM
We got married in Scottsdale in October. It was lovely. But I'd still eat a gun if I had to live there, but hey, I live in Oklahoma, so it's not like I have some sort of weather advantage over anyone.True, we do have a veritable cornucopia of weather incidents.

I'd rather not live where scorpions live.You're in Norman?

OhU1
6/21/2011, 01:16 PM
I'd rather not live where scorpions live.

I discovered a scorpion crawling across my kitchen floor the other day. SW Oklahoma has em.

The Maestro
6/21/2011, 01:17 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love to visit Oklahoma and see the rolling green hills, tall trees, lakes, etc. But I can step on a scorpion and kill it. I couldn't step on an F5 on May 3, 1999...and that was about it for me.

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 01:17 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love to visit Oklahoma and see the rolling green hills, tall trees, lakes, etc. But I can step on a scorpion and kill it. I couldn't step on an F5 on May 3, 1999...and that was about it for me.

You coulda picked Seattle...

NormanPride
6/21/2011, 01:27 PM
True, we do have a veritable cornucopia of weather incidents.

You're in Norman?
I'm in Tulsa.

The Maestro
6/21/2011, 01:28 PM
You coulda picked Seattle...

I love the sun. I like the heat, too. No allergies like I used to have in Oklahoma.

The clouds and cold in Seattle would suck...for me, at least.

87sooner
6/21/2011, 01:28 PM
I discovered a scorpion crawling across my kitchen floor the other day. SW Oklahoma has em.

they're in northern ok too...have'm in my house a couple times each year...

btw....it was 113 in altus a few days ago...

i was in vegas in july one year when the highs were 117-119....
i got out of the car one day and put the keys in my pocket and they burned my leg.....

6/21/2011, 01:34 PM
I love the sun. I like the heat, too. No allergies like I used to have in Oklahoma.

The clouds and cold in Seattle would suck...for me, at least.I love the 6-7 months we have of phfabulous weather, with ideal winters, as nice as imaginable. If the summer weather gets to you, Flagstaff is just 2 hrs away, with gorgeous summer weather.

One summer day, it was 116 degrees here in PHX, around 1PM, and I drove to Flag. It was 72degrees, with a light mist falling when I got there. I stood outside in it for about 5 minutes, right after opening the car door. AAAAHHH!

pphilfran
6/21/2011, 01:52 PM
The avg high for Lawton this month is 101.8...high for the month 110... http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/climate/get_f6.php?city=law

Phoenix only averaging 100... http://nowdata.rcc-acis.org/PSR/pubACIS_results

NormanPride
6/21/2011, 02:03 PM
I love the 6-7 months we have of phfabulous weather, with ideal winters, as nice as imaginable. If the summer weather gets to you, Flagstaff is just 2 hrs away, with gorgeous summer weather.

One summer day, it was 116 degrees here in PHX, around 1PM, and I drove to Flag. It was 72degrees, with a light mist falling when I got there. I stood outside in it for about 5 minutes, right after opening the car door. AAAAHHH!
If I had the ability to pick up in the middle of the work day and drive for two hours for nice weather... I don't know. But that sounds like a pretty damn nice freedom.

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 02:17 PM
I love the 6-7 months we have of phfabulous weather, with ideal winters, as nice as imaginable. If the summer weather gets to you, Flagstaff is just 2 hrs away, with gorgeous summer weather.

Your idea of a perfect winter and mine are a tad different.

texaspokieokie
6/22/2011, 11:53 AM
Your idea of a perfect winter and mine are a tad different.

What is your idea of a "perfect winter" ??

i've always thot it would be niceto live in PHX in winter & Flag in summer.
i've noticed that an (approx) summer day in Flag runs from about 50 to 80.
great for daytime & cool @ nite. Turn off AC.

i've noticed this year, however, it got hot in PHX before it warmed up in Flag.
it's OK now tho.
(i look @ weather every day in DMN)

i came thru Flag near mid-december of 67,going to tulsa fropm LA. there was 42" of snow on ground & overnite, 6" fell. it was fun, but Hwy 66 was closed in NM so we had to go south thru tucson. trip ended up being 2200 miles, one way. i would guess we drove 800 to 1000 miles on snowey road.

JohnnyMack
6/22/2011, 11:56 AM
What is your idea of a "perfect winter" ??

I generally enjoy Oklahoma winters to be honest with you. I don't think the 2+ feet of snow we got last year was necessary :D but overall I like a nice bit of cold weather. I like the short days, the cold winds, football season, blah blah blah.

texaspokieokie
6/22/2011, 11:59 AM
i like some of that. on the other hand, winters in LA were nice. very mild, as were the summers.

i kinda like short days.

texaspokieokie
6/22/2011, 11:59 AM
i DO NOT like cold winds.

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2011, 12:05 PM
It is in some pools, mainly people with home pools in their backyard that don't have a cooling system. Those pools suck. Our community has two pools and they are both kept cool so the water is refreshing...go over about 8 and swim with the kids until 8:30...no big deal.

As for the dry/humid debate, it is real. I will golf in 110 or hotter and if I keep a cold, wet towel around my neck between shots, I am adjusted by about the fourth hole. Not even sweating that much cause no humidity. Meanwhile, I golfed in Houston in May at around 85 degrees and was drenched.

Depends on what you prefer. I lived in Oklahoma, Texas and AZ. Like I said, no tornadoes and freezing rain works for me...and just plan around the heat. This is the brutal time of year to live here, but all places deal with heat this time of year. Anything over 100 in Oklahoma is worse than anything I have experienced here.

When I lived in So. California, I missed the hell out of freezing rain and cold winters. It's hard to explain but a 68 degree day in early March is different when you've been through a brutal winter.

Peach Fuzz
6/22/2011, 12:09 PM
The avg high for Lawton this month is 101.8...high for the month 110... http://www.srh.noaa.gov/oun/climate/get_f6.php?city=law

Phoenix only averaging 100... http://nowdata.rcc-acis.org/PSR/pubACIS_results

yeah, I was gonna say, we've hit 110 a few times this month, yesterday was 98 here and it felt a helluva lot cooler... thank God it's not humid out west!

I lived in Torrance CA for a while, I liked how I knew what the weather was going to be 8+ months out of the year, but I missed my heat!

The Maestro
6/22/2011, 01:21 PM
When I lived in So. California, I missed the hell out of freezing rain and cold winters. It's hard to explain but a 68 degree day in early March is different when you've been through a brutal winter.

Different strokes, different folks.

I'm sure John Bobbitt appreciated sex more after having his wanker chopped off...but I don't care to follow suit. I'll just keep unappreciating how bad it can be!

XingTheRubicon
6/22/2011, 04:48 PM
worst correlation ever

old people escape to AZ and FL because they're timid and feeble...I'll just leave it at that ;)