PDA

View Full Version : Like Illegals...vote Huntsman

okie52
6/21/2011, 11:49 AM
Romney and Huntsman on Illegal Aliens

By Ronald W. Mortensen, May 23, 2011

Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman have many things in common. They both have Utah roots, are members of the Mormon Church, have been governors, come from a business background, and are potential Republican presidential candidates. But when it comes to illegal immigration they are miles apart.

Romney has vetoed and helped defeat bills that would have given special benefits to illegal aliens whereas Huntsman has signed legislation that provides and protects special benefits for illegal aliens.

Romney has said that he would require all illegal aliens to return to their home countries within a given period of time. Huntsman would provide legal status for all illegal aliens in the United States.

Romney didn't have a taxpayer-funded staff member working for the benefit of illegal aliens and possibly even for the benefit of Mexico; Huntsman did.

Driver's Licenses. Romney threatened to veto a bill that would have allowed illegal aliens to obtain driver's licenses. The legislation never made it to his desk. Huntsman signed legislation that created the Utah Driving Privilege Card for illegal aliens in 2005. This allows illegal aliens to drive without fear of arrest in Utah. In 2009, he signed legislation that retained the Driving Privilege Card while bringing Utah's drivers licenses into compliance with the Real ID Act.

In-State Tuition for Illegal Aliens. Romney consistently and strongly opposed in-state tuition for illegal aliens. He actually vetoed an in-state tuition bill passed by the Democrat-controlled Massachusetts legislature in 2004 and his veto was upheld. In 2006, another attempt to grant in-state tuition to illegal aliens in Massachusetts was defeated when Romney promised to veto any bill that passed.

Huntsman was a strong supporter of taxpayer-subsidized in-state tuition for illegal aliens. In 2007, he opposed a bill that would have repealed Utah's special in-state tuition program for illegal aliens going so far as to say that he would consider vetoing the legislation should it pass. Huntsman's father also joined other community and religious leaders in encouraging legislators to oppose efforts to repeal taxpayer subsidized in-state tuition for illegal aliens.

287g. Shortly before leaving office, Romney signed the Massachusetts state police up for the federal 287g program that allows state and local officials to help enforce federal immigration law. Huntsman signed a bill that required the state's attorney general to help law enforcement agencies get enrolled in the 287g program. However, Huntsman did not sign the state's Highway Patrol up for the 287g program.

Amnesty. Romney has long opposed amnesty for illegal aliens. In January 2008, during a Republican presidential primary debate, he said that all illegal aliens should be given a period of time to get their affairs in order and then return to their home countries. Once home, they could get in line for a visa like everyone else. Conversely, Huntsman has long supported and continues to support granting legal status for all illegal aliens in the United States.

Governor's staff support for illegal aliens. The records do not show any support for illegal aliens by members of Romney's gubernatorial staff. Conversely, Huntsman appointed Luz Robles as the head of his Office of Ethnic Affairs. Robles used her office and taxpayer-funded resources to help defeat illegal immigration legislation while at the same time reportedly "holding a position of trust and authority with the government of Mexico."

http://www.cis.org/mortensen/romney-huntsman

sappstuf
6/21/2011, 11:50 AM
Romney and Huntsman are also pro wildfire...

okie52
6/21/2011, 11:54 AM
I figured Huntsman was so they could find their way through the desert to Utah.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2011, 12:25 PM
Okie52, stop spreading wildfires on our beautiful South Oval

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/28/53264350_17c9cecd3b_z.jpg

JohnnyMack
6/21/2011, 12:35 PM
Huntsman and Romney are also pro-white salamander.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/21/2011, 12:37 PM
Huntsman is the new democrat choice for the republican nomination, now that Mitch Daniels has bowed out.

okie52
6/21/2011, 01:41 PM
Looks like Huntsman temporarily dropped cap and trade due to the economy.

Surprising that he has had success in Utah.

The Profit
6/21/2011, 01:53 PM
Romney and Huntsman are also pro wildfire...

:D Nice touch.

The Profit
6/21/2011, 01:54 PM
I kinda like Huntsman. He's a republican I could vote for in the general election.

REDREX
6/21/2011, 02:16 PM
I wonder how much money his Dad will give to his campaign?

6/21/2011, 02:38 PM
I wonder how much money his Dad will give to his campaign?From what I know of him, Huntsman senior is a WONDERFUL person. The junior(pres. candidate) has a statist bent.

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 04:01 PM
I kinda like Huntsman. He's a republican I could vote for in the general election.

Since he was Obama's Ambassador to China is there any chance he resigned to run for President because he's also Mormon? Is it possible it's being done to split the Mormon vote and put T-Paw in a better position than Romney and to keep the Mormons out of the White House?

Maybe to even give the GOP even less of a shot for re-election?

Is there a possibility that it's a political move to screw up the GOP even further. IMO this is as crazy as it gets so far. I thought that the Trump Palin deal was incredible now this....

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 04:02 PM
Dude announced right where Ronnie Ray-Gun 1st announced....with the backdrop of the Statue of Liberty

The Profit
6/21/2011, 04:35 PM
Dude announced right where Ronnie Ray-Gun 1st announced....with the backdrop of the Statue of Liberty

That is very interesting considering that Reagan holds the most responsibility for today's problem of illegal Mexican immigration. Reagan opened the floodgates for the first 3 million as a gesture to his farming buddies in California. That a'boy, Ronnie.

soonercoop1
6/21/2011, 04:53 PM
See the Repub elites trying to nominate another "moderate"...funny thing is that a moderate Repub always loses the Pres election but a true conservative always wins...

okie52
6/21/2011, 04:55 PM
That is very interesting considering that Reagan holds the most responsibility for today's problem of illegal Mexican immigration. Reagan opened the floodgates for the first 3 million as a gesture to his farming buddies in California. That a'boy, Ronnie.

I guess Jimmy wanted to take care of his "peanut buddies".

by Jimmy Carter, 1977

It had become apparent by the late 1970s that the problem of illegal aliens was one of the most pressing in the United States. These illegal aliens, who numbered as many as ten million according to some estimates, lived mainly in the southwestern states (since most of them came from Mexico), but there were significant numbers in the large northern cities as well. They were often exploited and lived in fear of the authorities, but they also performed essential economic services. Many proposals had already been put forth when President Jimmy Carter on August 4, 1977, sent to Congress a message concerning illegal aliens. That portion dealing with "amnesty" for illegal residents in the country is reprinted here.

The fact that there are millions of undocumented aliens already residing in this country presents one of the most difficult questions surrounding the aliens phenomenon. These aliens entered the U.S. illegally and have willfully remained here in violation of the immigration laws. On the other hand, many of them have been law-abiding residents who are looking for a new life and are productive members of their communities. I have concluded that an adjustment of status is necessary to avoid having a permanent `underclass' of millions of persons who have not been and cannot practicably be deported, and who would continue living here in perpetual fear of immigration authorities, the local police, employers and neighbors. Their entire existence would continue to be predicated on staying outside the reach of government authorities and the law's protections.

First, I propose that permanent resident alien status be granted to all undocumented aliens who have resided continuously in the U.S. from before January 1, 1970, to the present. These aliens would have to apply for this status and provide normal documentary proof of continuous residency. If residency is maintained, U.S. citizenship could be sought five years after the granting of permanent status, as provided in existing immigration laws.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/amnesty-for-illegal-aliens#ixzz1PwwnrInW

http://www.answers.com/topic/amnesty-for-illegal-aliens

Now ole Ronny certainly tarnished his record with the amnesty 25 years ago for illegals. But it might be a stretch to let the other presidents slide on illegals since none of them did anything about it.

And Obama will get his full share of the credit when he tries to get 12,000,000 plus illegals amnesty (as he should).

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 05:06 PM
I think a lot of folks think that amnesty needs to be well defined and that anyone that gets amnesty that is later caught harboring an unregistered visitor will lose their amnesty and get deported.

okie52
6/21/2011, 05:09 PM
No surprise that this little bit of news has gotten very little attention.

WASHINGTON - Ex-President Bill Clinton jumped off the fence yesterday to throw his support behind President Bush in the bruising battle over immigration reform.

Clinton, who's had no problems bashing Bush in the past, stepped up to laud the president's two-pronged push to tighten the U.S. border with Mexico and offer a path to citizenship for many of the 11 million illegal aliens already here.

"There is no perfect solution," Clinton said during graduation festivities at Princeton.

Added Clinton: "I sort of favor what the president tried to do because we were trying to get the best of both worlds" - protect the borders and provide a path to citizenship.

http://www.politikditto.com/2006/06/bill-clinton-supports-bush-on-illegal.html

soonercoop1
6/21/2011, 05:13 PM
http://www.politikditto.com/2006/06/bill-clinton-supports-bush-on-illegal.html

I noticed the illegal number is becoming smaller in that quote "only 11 million"...my guess is that there are 30+ million illegals in this country right now easily...

okie52
6/21/2011, 05:17 PM
I think that article was 2006. They're breeders, too, so 30,000,000 is probably correct.

The Profit
6/21/2011, 05:33 PM
I guess Jimmy wanted to take care of his "peanut buddies".

http://www.answers.com/topic/amnesty-for-illegal-aliens

Now ole Ronny certainly tarnished his record with the amnesty 25 years ago for illegals. But it might be a stretch to let the other presidents slide on illegals since none of them did anything about it.

And Obama will get his full share of the credit when he tries to get 12,000,000 plus illegals amnesty (as he should).

I believe 5-6 million illegals showed up during George W. Bush's administration. Don't forget ole George.

okie52
6/21/2011, 05:39 PM
I believe 5-6 million illegals showed up during George W. Bush's administration. Don't forget ole George.

I'm blaming them all...particularly W for his attempt at amnesty. McCain too.

But only the dumbazz that gets it passed through congress will get the most credit. As it goes for Ronny, so it will be for the chump. Luckily for Obama, I don't see it happening on his watch.

6/21/2011, 06:07 PM
See the Repub elites trying to nominate another "moderate"...funny thing is that a moderate Repub always loses the Pres election but a true conservative always wins...DON'T SAY THAT TOO LOUDLY!
America might figure out how full-of-shi* the MSM is.

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 06:22 PM
GWB got a bunch of them to enlist and fight in Iraq. All that made that commitment truly understood what was on the line and IMO deserve to have US Citizenship!

Such an awesome move by them. There is no better way to prove your commitment than to lay your life down for a friend or another Soldier. Those that risked their lives without knowing whether or not they would receive Citizenship make me proud to be an American and make it easy to support them in their receiving the citizenship.

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/21/2011, 06:29 PM
http://joshcheshire.com/images/reagan_comic.jpg

okie52
6/21/2011, 06:59 PM
GWB got a bunch of them to enlist and fight in Iraq. All that made that commitment truly understood what was on the line and IMO deserve to have US Citizenship!

Such an awesome move by them. There is no better way to prove your commitment than to lay your life down for a friend or another Soldier. Those that risked their lives without knowing whether or not they would receive Citizenship make me proud to be an American and make it easy to support them in their receiving the citizenship.

What a bunch of horsesheet. Their pay was better than anything they ever had in Mexico and afghanistan and Iraq were safer than Juarez.

And they are a bunch of stinkin Catholics to boot (and breeders).

okie52
6/21/2011, 07:01 PM
http://joshcheshire.com/images/reagan_comic.jpg

Reagan had his fleas....but then he followed Carter so anyone would have seemed great.

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 07:16 PM
What a bunch of horsesheet. Their pay was better than anything they ever had in Mexico and afghanistan and Iraq were safer than Juarez.

And they are a bunch of stinkin Catholics to boot.

What a pretty ****ty thing to say even in jest....and if you are serious...It doesn't go along with how we need to continue to work things out with the people who live in our Hemisphere. To continue to make enemies of our neighbors is even more stupid than what Reagan did in Nicaragua and what was done in Afghanistan when the Russians invaded them.

Even if they did it for better pay and a better life....they had no idea that they might received Citizenship. I just think it should speed their process along and that if they want to be a Citizen...their application should move quickly to the top of the list.

6/21/2011, 07:18 PM
Reagan had his fleas....but then he followed Carter so anyone would have seemed great.Yeah, he rebuilt the military, after Carter decimated it. That's quite a flea. The amnesty deal was bad. Nobody should do it again.

okie52
6/21/2011, 07:31 PM
What a pretty ****ty thing to say even in jest....and if you are serious...It doesn't go along with how we need to continue to work things out with the people who live in our Hemisphere. To continue to make enemies of our neighbors is even more stupid than what Reagan did in Nicaragua and what was done in Afghanistan when the Russians invaded them.

Even if they did it for better pay and a better life....they had no idea that they might received Citizenship. I just think it should speed their process along and that if they want to be a Citizen...their application should move quickly to the top of the list.

Well let's work out things in our hemisphere.... like removing sanctions on Cuba and exploring their waters for oil.

The Catholics part was just for you since you seem to think that is important. But the breeders is a fact...and a deplorable one.

okie52
6/21/2011, 07:45 PM
Yeah, he rebuilt the military, after Carter decimated it. That's quite a flea. The amnesty deal was bad. Nobody should do it again.

Yep...the libs hate to give credit for Ronnie bringing down the Soviet Union. They still think that it was that spineless Carter.

6/21/2011, 08:28 PM
Yep...the libs hate to give credit for Ronnie bringing down the Soviet Union. They still think that it was that spineless Carter.They don't LIKE to give him credit for ANY of his great accomplishments, or even anything positive he did. He's prolly their most despised POTUS. Conservatives are America's greatest enemy, in the inexplicable minds of the Libs.

SpankyNek
6/21/2011, 08:33 PM
They don't LIKE to give him credit for ANY of his great accomplishments, or even anything positive he did. He's prolly their most despised POTUS. Conservatives are America's greatest enemy, in the inexplicable minds of the Libs.

I am not going to take the time and switch conservative and liberals in this quote, or to reframe the quote as if it pertains to FDR, but you get my drift.

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/21/2011, 08:52 PM
Yep...the libs hate to give credit for Ronnie bringing down the Soviet Union. They still think that it was that spineless Carter.
Gorbachev, Afghanastan and Chernobyl had far more impact on crushing the USSR than Reagan...although SDI and forcing the Soviets into a spending game did hurt them, as well as us. And while we are pointing fingers, how about a "fiscal conservative" tripling the national debt, goddam Reagan is so overrated.

And on Carter, much like Bush I'd say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hostage crisis, energy crisis, Three Mile Island, Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and eruption of Mt St Helens all in quick succession...talk about a presidency. Although Camp David Accords and SALT II were quite good achievements, Carter has served much better after his presidency than during.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/21/2011, 09:31 PM
And they are a bunch of stinkin Catholics to boot (and breeders).

Good thing you didn't say that in Spanish, okie. A lot of folks around here would be insulted.

okie52
6/21/2011, 09:35 PM
Ahhh, the Carter defender. Reagan got us a glut of oil...carter got us gas rationing and weekends without gas. And we had 21% prime. Hostages were miraculously released on Reagans inauguration. Carter gave us the windfall profits tax.

Reagan may have been overrated but it was because Carter was his predecessor.

okie52
6/21/2011, 09:36 PM
Good thing you didn't say that in Spanish, okie. A lot of folks around here would be insulted.

I try to be PC whenever possible.

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 09:37 PM
The Catholics part was just for you since you seem to think that is important.
It doesn't really matter to me....IMO it's your problem. I know I'm good when things like this come up down the road....

okie52
6/21/2011, 09:43 PM
It doesn't really matter to me....IMO it's your problem. I know I'm good when things like this come up down the road....

I don't have a problem with Mackerel snappers other than they are breeders and don't share communion with anyone else. Well, and they often like Notre Dame.....an unpardonable sin.

StoopTroup
6/21/2011, 09:47 PM
I don't have a problem with Mackerel snappers other than they are breeders and don't share communion with anyone else. Well, and they often like Notre Dame.....an unpardonable sin.

Now you are just showing your stupid as well as a racist.

Nice job

SoCaliSooner
6/21/2011, 10:32 PM

There was supposed to be a huge crackdown on employers hiring illegals. That's what Reagan was trying to accomplish, a one time free pass along with the legislation with some bite to keep the incentive down for employers as well as people trying to cross the border. Tip O'Neill and Ted Kennedy, in control Of both the house and senate stripped the legislation from the bill that went after employers.

Reagan hoped the legislation would be revisited later but it never has been. After those 3 mil got amnesty it opened the flood gates for illegals as word spread that amnesty would happen again under Clinton. Nearly every Hispanic surnamed city and state legislator in California gets elected by promising to work on getting illegals amnesty.

There are also more than 12 million illegals. That's based on census data and by most accounts, illegals fear reporting anything to the government so based on the census in 2000 it was deemed that 50% or more didn't fill out their forms so...20-30 million is a real possibility.

StoopTroup
6/22/2011, 07:49 AM
Reagan really screwed the pooch. He should have stayed in California. It all went to hell without him. Now the Terminator is out too. Sad days ahead.

okie52
6/22/2011, 09:41 AM
Now you are just showing your stupid as well as a racist.

Nice job

My, my....you are sensitive. I've really just been kidding around with you about Catholics. It is obviously a sensitive area for you so I apologize for offending you.

Facts, however, are not racist. They may not always be PC but they are, nonetheless, facts.

Hispanic and Latino Americans accounted for almost half (1.4 million) of the national population growth of 2.9 million between July 1, 2005, and July 1, 2006.[17] Immigrants and their U.S.-born descendants are expected to provide most of the U.S. population gains in the decades ahead.[18]

WASHINGTON — The number of U.S.-citizen children born to illegal immigrants has dramatically increased over the past five years from 2.7 million in 2003 to 4 million in 2008, according to a study released Tuesday.

The report by the nonpartisan, Washington-based Pew Hispanic Center also found more than a third of such children were in poverty in 2007, compared with about 18 percent of those born to either legal immigrants or U.S.-born parents. Similarly, one in four U.S.-born children of unauthorized immigrants went without health insurance in 2008, compared with 14 percent of those born to legal immigrants and 8 percent born to U.S.-born parents.

The findings suggest the impact of the unprecedented spike in illegal immigration over the past three decades will continue to be felt for years to come, even as the size of the illegal-immigrant population itself appears to have leveled off since 2006 at about 10.4 million adults and 1.5 million children. Children born on U.S. soil are automatically granted U.S. citizenship.

The study, which analyzed census statistics, found U.S.-born children now account for 73 percent of all children of illegal immigrants. And children of illegal immigrants — including those born overseas — now account for 6.8 percent of elementary- and secondary-school students nationwide and more than one in 10 students in Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada and Texas.

Children of illegal immigrants accounted for 340,000 out of the 4.3 million babies born in 2008, the latest year for which figures were available, and they now add up to an estimated 4 million Americans, according to the Pew analysis of census and other migration data. That's nearly 1 of every 13 Americans born in 2008. The children of illegal immigrants accounted for 8 percent of all babies, even though those immigrants are about 4 percent of the adult population.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-08-12/news/os-illegal-immigration-children-20100811_1_illegal-immigrants-immigrant-advocates-center-for-immigration-studies

The Profit
6/22/2011, 09:45 AM
There was supposed to be a huge crackdown on employers hiring illegals. That's what Reagan was trying to accomplish, a one time free pass along with the legislation with some bite to keep the incentive down for employers as well as people trying to cross the border. Tip O'Neill and Ted Kennedy, in control Of both the house and senate stripped the legislation from the bill that went after employers.

Reagan hoped the legislation would be revisited later but it never has been. After those 3 mil got amnesty it opened the flood gates for illegals as word spread that amnesty would happen again under Clinton. Nearly every Hispanic surnamed city and state legislator in California gets elected by promising to work on getting illegals amnesty.

There are also more than 12 million illegals. That's based on census data and by most accounts, illegals fear reporting anything to the government so based on the census in 2000 it was deemed that 50% or more didn't fill out their forms so...20-30 million is a real possibility.

I say, register them all to vote. Sounds like 20-30 million good Democratic voters to me.

okie52
6/22/2011, 09:48 AM
I say, register them all to vote. Sounds like 20-30 million good Democratic voters to me.

Hasn't that always been the reason?

The Profit
6/22/2011, 10:05 AM
Hasn't that always been the reason?

Not really. Mexicans are extremely hard working people. They are trying to make a better life for themselves. Doesn't that level with the American dream?

SouthCarolinaSooner
6/22/2011, 10:56 AM
Not really. Mexicans are extremely hard working people. They are trying to make a better life for themselves. Doesn't that level with the American dream?
no because they aren't white, duh

okie52
6/22/2011, 10:59 AM

They are also largely unskilled and most are high school dropouts. As most reports have indicated, they will be permanently stationed in the lower class and a net drain on our infrastructure if they were to obtain citizenship.

We used to have an immigration policy that sought skilled labor, cultural diversity and a much more educated background than what we are receiving with the 20-30 million people here illegally who are all from virtually the same place.

We don't owe the world or even our neighbors US citizenship.

okie52
6/22/2011, 11:04 AM
no because they aren't white, duh

That certainly has been the depth of your argument.

Brilliant!!!!

The Profit
6/22/2011, 11:09 AM
They are also largely unskilled and most are high school dropouts. As most reports have indicated, they will be permanently stationed in the lower class and a net drain on our infrastructure if they were to obtain citizenship.

We used to have an immigration policy that sought skilled labor, cultural diversity and a much more educated background than what we are receiving with the 20-30 million people here illegally who are all from virtually the same place.

We don't owe the world or even our neighbors US citizenship.

I think you are wrong. They are already moving up. Just like the Vietnamese did, Mexicans are opening restaurants. They now have their own landscape companies, roofing companies, etc. Lack of citizenship keeps them from more easily moving up the socioeconomic ladder, but they are trying.

okie52
6/22/2011, 11:17 AM
Emergency Quota Act

The Emergency Quota Act, also known as the Emergency Immigration Act of 1921, the Immigration Restriction Act of 1921, the Per Centum Law, and the Johnson Quota Act (ch. 8, 42 Stat. 5 of May 19, 1921) restricted immigration into the United States. Although intended as temporary legislation, the Act "proved in the long run the most important turning-point in American immigration policy"[1] because it added 2 new features to American immigration law: numerical limits on immigration from Europe and the use of a quota system for establishing those limits.

The Act restricted the number of immigrants admitted from any country annually to 3% of the number of residents from that same country living in the United States as of the U.S. Census of 1910.[2] Based on that formula, the number of new immigrants admitted fell from 805,228 in 1920 to 309,556 in 1921-22.[3]

Summary

Similar legislation had been proposed several times before without success. The resumption of immigration and the widespread unemployment that followed the end of World War I lent strength to the anti-immigration movement.

The act was passed without a recorded vote in the U.S. House of Representatives and by a vote of 78-1 in the U.S. Senate. James Alexander Reed, a Democrat from Missouri, cast the sole dissenting vote.[4]

The Act restricted the number of immigrants admitted from any country annually to 3% of the number of residents from that same country living in the United States as of the U.S. Census of 1910. The use of such a National Origins Formula continued until 1965.

The average annual inflow of immigrants prior to 1921 was 175,983 from Northern and Western Europe, and 685,531 from other countries, principally Southern and Eastern Europe. In 1921, immigration was 198,082 from Northern and Western Europe, and 158,367 from principally Southern and Eastern Europe (including other countries), being shown as a drastic reduction in immigration levels from other countries, principally Southern and Eastern Europe.

Professionals were to be admitted without regard to their country of origin. The Act set no limits on immigration from Latin America.

Balancing our immigration policy has always been somewhat reactionary to overloads from different countries. Of course this law isn't "racist" because it was dealing with mainly European whites although the law remained in force until 1965.

Now if we went to a 3% from any country (excluding professionals) that might seem a little better than 90% from 1 country.

But there are those that think 90% from 1 country is a good thing and PC should govern all decisions.

SpankyNek
6/22/2011, 11:41 AM
Balancing our immigration policy has always been somewhat reactionary to overloads from different countries. Of course this law isn't "racist" because it was dealing with mainly European whites although the law remained in force until 1965.

Now if we went to a 3% from any country (excluding professionals) that might seem a little better than 90% from 1 country.

But there are those that think 90% from 1 country is a good thing and PC should govern all decisions.

I think that you have mis-read the act.

It limits the numbers of incoming immigrants to 3% of the number of that country's US population based upon the previous census.

There are currently just over 31 million Mexican American CITIZENS, that means that under that stipulation we could grant citizenship to 930,000 Mexicans every year.

I don't think you would be for such an act today.

okie52
6/22/2011, 11:44 AM
I think you are wrong. They are already moving up. Just like the Vietnamese did, Mexicans are opening restaurants. They now have their own landscape companies, roofing companies, etc. Lack of citizenship keeps them from more easily moving up the socioeconomic ladder, but they are trying.

Small percentage of the 12,000,000-30,000,000. The lower education is what will keep them rooted in poverty.

StoopTroup
6/22/2011, 11:49 AM
Why do State Colleges and Universities need to be as expensive as private ones? The Private Ones Football Teams mostly suck. They're the ones that need the cash infusion to build skyboxes and indoor athletic training facilities.

okie52
6/22/2011, 11:50 AM
I think that you have mis-read the act.

It limits the numbers of incoming immigrants to 3% of the number of that country's US population based upon the previous census.

There are currently just over 31 million Mexican American CITIZENS, that means that under that stipulation we could grant citizenship to 930,000 Mexicans every year.

I don't think you would be for such an act today.

No, not on that basis, I wouldn't since the numbers have already been skewed. But 3% of our total immigration per year for any one country would be very acceptable to me.

Did you also notice that professionals were exempt and that no such restriction at that time was placed on latinos?

Bourbon St Sooner
6/22/2011, 12:44 PM
I haven't even heard of the guy. On the news this morning they said he was pro-life, pro-gun and hates farm subsidies. That sounds like a good start to me.

I'm sure when he gets to Iowa, he'll start sucking up to big ag though, like all those ****in' whores do.

6/22/2011, 12:47 PM

There are also more than 12 million illegals. That's based on census data and by most accounts, illegals fear reporting anything to the government so based on the census in 2000 it was deemed that 50% or more didn't fill out their forms so...20-30 million is a real possibility.The left continues to attack America's best president of the 20th century. They'll never stop. Lies and misleading partial accounts of things are the norm for them. They are America's enemy from within.

SoCaliSooner
6/22/2011, 12:55 PM

They also are completely responsible for the membership of mexican and Hispanic gangs, increases in crime rates and lowering of property values by infesting neighborhoods with their graffiti tagging offspring.

These people are so hard working...then why are Latin America countries so effed up? Some races of people just can't get it together. Let them swim in their own cesspool.