PDA

View Full Version : Illegals starting wildfires in AZ

okie52
6/21/2011, 09:23 AM
Hot topic in Arizona flares up as McCain says illegal immigrants are responsible for wildfires

06-21-2011 07:03 AM CDT |By JACQUES BILLEAUD and BOB CHRISTIE, Associated Press

SIERRA VISTA, Ariz. (Associated Press) --
As if Arizona's immigration debate wasn't already hot, Sen. John McCain has ignited a barrage of criticism by saying that there is "substantial evidence" that illegal immigrants are partly responsible for wildfires in the state.

McCain is standing by the statement he made over the weekend as he toured a massive wildfire in eastern Arizona, but immigrant rights advocates say the state's senior senator is using illegal immigrants as scapegoats. Authorities have said humans started the three major blazes in Arizona, but investigators don't know any more details.

http://ww2.cox.com/myconnection/oklahomacity/today/news/national/article.cox?moduleType=apNews&articleId=D9O08HAG2

SoCaliSooner
6/21/2011, 09:40 AM
They start them near San Diego too. The PIO will specifically state it and what makes it into the newspapers and TV reports is "human caused".

The Profit
6/21/2011, 09:44 AM
I have heard that many times fires are actually started by firemen. I know that was the case on a couple of recent Oklahoma fires.

sappstuf
6/21/2011, 09:46 AM
I have heard that many times fires are actually started by firemen. I know that was the case on a couple of recent Oklahoma fires.

Illegal firemen??

GrapevineSooner
6/21/2011, 09:49 AM
I'm blaming the aliens in the Roswell crash.

lexsooner
6/21/2011, 10:14 AM

Wow, they are now hiring illegals as firefighters! Marxist government! ;)

SoCaliSooner
6/21/2011, 10:16 AM

A good fire out here can net you $5k-$10k in overtime.

My truck tool box is full of matches, flares, gas, oily rags, flint, magnifying glasses, and roman candles.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 10:19 AM
they have nothing to do (after all the trucks are polished) & get bored.

tired of "soap opera" reruns !!!

besides, they need some OJT.:D

Sooner98
6/21/2011, 10:22 AM

I have heard that Obama was born in Kenya, and won the Presidency illegitimately.

Conspiracy theories are fun!

lexsooner
6/21/2011, 10:29 AM
I have heard that Obama was born in Kenya, and won the Presidency illegitimately.

I heard Churchill learned of the Nazis' plan to attack Pearl Harbor but kept it from the Americans because he needed us to enter the war and to help fight off Russia.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 10:31 AM
i heard Roosevelt knew about it. he probly told Churchill.

Jammin'
6/21/2011, 10:36 AM
A good fire out here can net you $5k-$10k in overtime.

My truck tool box is full of matches, flares, gas, oily rags, flint, magnifying glasses, and roman candles.

you add in a few illegals to the bed of your truck and you'll have everything covered.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/21/2011, 10:41 AM
I heard that a massively small percentage, a couple of cases like John Orr along with a movie or two have exploded into "many firemen" being arsonists.

I've also heard rhetoric and hyperbole on a message board is common.

The Profit
6/21/2011, 10:42 AM

I am not talking about some silly conspiracy. Here ya go.

Okla. Firefighter Arrested On Arson Charges

Malenski Arrested In Connection With Cherokee Co. Wildfires

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. -- An Oklahoma Forestry Services wildland firefighter was arrested by state Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry special agents in connection with a series of wildfires intentionally set in Cherokee County.
Mike Malenski, 38, was placed on administrative leave and could be fired pending charges presented to the Cherokee County district attorney.
Malenski, who previously served as a forest ranger based in Tahlequah, was arrested on Monday.

ODAFF law enforcement officers investigated the fires after receiving calls regarding a possible arson.

Arson is a felony punishable by up to three years imprisonment and a fine of up to $5,000, according to ODAFF.

“We investigate arson and we bring those we catch to justice. It was regrettable that it was one of our own employees,” said Mark Goeller, assistant director in charge of fire operations with Oklahoma Forestry Services.

Malenski worked for Oklahoma Forestry Services for seven years.

and here is another one....

November 28, 2010
Former McAlester-area firefighter arrested in arson case
By Rachel Petersen
Staff Writer

McALESTER — A former volunteer firefighter has been arrested on charges of arson in connection with an investigation by local police.

James M. Kaiser, 27, of Alderson, has been charged with multiple felony counts of arson in the third degree and illegal possession of an incendiary device.

Kaiser was an Alderson volunteer firefighter for about eight years until he resigned in the spring of 2010. “His resignation,” said Alderson Fire Chief Clem Peppers, “was not related to the current arson charges.”

When asked why Kaiser resigned, Peppers said that he had to keep that information confidential. “I don’t know when this is coming to trial,” Peppers added, “but I know I’ll be called as a witness if it does come to trial.”

According to a report submitted to the court by Special Agent David Spears of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry, Investigative unit, Peppers had contacted Spears on Jan. 6, 2008, regarding “a rash of fires in and around the Alderson area.”

Spears’ report states that Kaiser allegedly had been calling in the fires and then was the first fireman to respond. Spears’ report also refers to evidence of witness statements that place Kaiser at the scene of some of the fires, DNA evidence matching Kaiser’s DNA on incendiary devices and Kaiser’s confession to setting the Cry Baby Bridge fire.

“Mr. Kaiser stated that he had only set one fire in the fall of 2008 on the side of the road by ‘Cry Baby Bridge,’” Spears stated in his report regarding a Jan. 8, 2010, interview with Kaiser. “Mr. Kaiser stated that he felt guilty about setting the fire and put it out. Mr. Kaiser denied setting any other fires and stated there would not be any reason for his DNA to be on the devices that were being used to set the fires in question.”

Contact Rachel Petersen at [email protected]

and yet another one....

ODAFF Investigators Assist in Arrest of Arsonist in Stephens County

Oklahoma agriculture special agents and the Stephens County Sheriff’s Department yesterday arrested a volunteer firefighter charged with 15 counts of third degree arson. Some of the fires were set as long ago as the summer of 2006.

James Edgar Morgan Jr., 47, is being held with a $75,000 bond. Col. Mike Grimes, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry Director of Investigative Services, said Morgan has confessed to his agents of setting many additional fires.

“The suspect has confessed to Special Agents Patrick Blake and Michael Hooper of setting between 40 and 50 fires,” he said. “Our investigators were asked to assist on this case in January and we’ve been working closely with the Stephens County Sheriff’s Department to make this arrest.”

Arson cases are among the most difficult crimes law enforcement agencies deal with, Grimes said. The cooperative efforts and assistance between ODAFF investigators and the sheriff’s department were very good and helped seal the arrest.

“Unless you have a witness, arsons are very difficult to solve,” he said. “Our investigators have a lot of experience and training in investigating arson, and working closely with the sheriff’s department, that certainly helped in this case.”

If convicted, Morgan could receive up to 15 years in prison on each count and fines of up to $10,000 for each count.

Tulsa_Fireman
6/21/2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/algore(4).jpg

I'M SERIAL!!!

SoCaliSooner
6/21/2011, 11:00 AM
you add in a few illegals to the bed of your truck and you'll have everything covered.

We call them "home depot's"....