PDA

View Full Version : Why does scratching an itch feel so damn good?

Penguin
6/20/2011, 05:17 PM
It almost makes me want to go get bitten by a skeeter just so I can scratch it.

Almost.

StoopTroup
6/20/2011, 05:20 PM
Louisiana has skeeters?

Penguin
6/20/2011, 05:21 PM
Louisiana has skeeters?

They got hookers. And that can also lead to an itch.

OhU1
6/20/2011, 06:15 PM
My favorite is the healing foot blister - the kind that starts out about the size of a half dollar. Tickles, hurts, and feels good at the same time to dig in and scratch the son of a bitch once the skin starts hardening and itching. Sometimes I'll use a fork.

A wasp sting 3 days later itches like hell too.

jk the sooner fan
6/20/2011, 06:23 PM
is this a rectal itch? if so - there may be something else going on

lexsooner
6/20/2011, 08:40 PM
I think you have to differentiate good itches and bad itches. The former are minor itches which one good scratch can take care of, and it is oh so satisfying. Bad itches are serious insect bites, infections, healing wounds, scabies, poison ivy, where repeatedly scratching will only make the area red and inflamed. I know it's not good for you, but a nice deep eye rub with a knuckle will get rid of an itchy eye and it feels really satisfying. Happy scratching everyone.

stevo
6/20/2011, 11:29 PM
I love to take scalding hot showers when I get poison ivy (because there is no way I will scratch it) and just burn the sh*t out of it. it feels so gooooood

mgsooner
6/20/2011, 11:35 PM
crabs?

lexsooner
6/21/2011, 07:28 AM
If we could see our skin in a power microscope and see the little critters living off of our dead skin, we would all turn into nutty scratchers, like those meth heads who hallucinate.

OUmillenium
6/21/2011, 08:42 AM
When I get a touch of poison ivy, I like to scratch around it really hard and it seems to ease the insanity.