PDA

View Full Version : Matt Oberste

bcolston15
6/20/2011, 03:14 PM
Orignally from Sallisaw has signed to play at OU next season. He's a power hitting third baseman.

He played at Connors State last season and hit 17 HR's.

TumbleweedDoom
6/20/2011, 03:44 PM
Interesting. Sounds like a nice pickup. Definitely could use a corner infielder of any sort.

Related question: any idea if NJCAA teams are using BBCOR bats?

northspeter
6/20/2011, 04:32 PM
Interesting. Sounds like a nice pickup. Definitely could use a corner infielder of any sort.

Related question: any idea if NJCAA teams are using BBCOR bats?

that was gonna be my question... also how long till they trickle down to the highschools???

Pillmanj
6/20/2011, 06:45 PM
that was gonna be my question... also how long till they trickle down to the highschools???

I had heard somewhere that high schools are going to them next year.

IndySooner
6/20/2011, 10:22 PM
BBCOR is used in Juco. Pitchers aren't very good, though, and the parks are small.

bcolston15
6/20/2011, 11:14 PM
I talked to someone who watched him play a lot this past season and he thought he had legitimate power with any kind of bat, but he wondered if he would hit for average at the D-1 level.

He also said Matt was the best athlete on Connors team this season.

perryj
6/21/2011, 09:56 AM
I had heard somewhere that high schools are going to them next year.

Oklahoma High Schools will use the BBCOR bat next year. I believe many other states will be using them as well. I'm not sure if it is a NFHS regulation or not but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the very near future.

northspeter
6/21/2011, 02:46 PM
Oklahoma High Schools will use the BBCOR bat next year. I believe many other states will be using them as well. I'm not sure if it is a NFHS regulation or not but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the very near future.

it is an NFHS regulation... by january 1 2012 all high schools move to the BBCOR bats... some states made the switch this year... california, i believe did it...

ouboomer1
6/21/2011, 10:31 PM
I talked to someone who watched him play a lot this past season and he thought he had legitimate power with any kind of bat, but he wondered if he would hit for average at the D-1 level.

He also said Matt was the best athlete on Connors team this season.

sounds good, OU needs to get some better athletes on the pads like everyone else to manufature those runs. darn those new bats......