PDA

View Full Version : I wish the army had this program

jk the sooner fan
6/20/2011, 08:14 AM
so last night my wife and I went to dinner - and the waiter was rather giddy and talkative....and told us he was having a "great day" - because he was moving to the Virgin Islands pretty soon

i didnt ask why initially but he was a bit over zealous with the water refills, so i asked him what he planned on doing in the US VI....keep in mind he's at least 21 and maybe a bit older - early to mid 20's

he tells us that he is planning on living abroad, Africa, Europe, etc - in order to serve others by teaching English as a second language - which is a fairly noble cause for a young man - but he is going to the VI in order to "acclimate" himself to living abroad - because the VI has the same type of legal system we do here in CONUS

so he's "easing" into living outside the US - rather than jumping into it - and doing it via the Virgin Islands

i thought it was kinda funny

My Opinion Matters
6/20/2011, 08:29 AM
In the future, please don't refer to the Virgin Islands as "6". This can be very confusing for us effin' hillbillies.

yermom
6/20/2011, 08:29 AM
i'm not following something somewhere

Tulsa_Fireman
6/20/2011, 08:38 AM
I'd give my left nard to do this in Germany.

GKeeper316
6/20/2011, 09:33 AM
you can become a wealthy person teaching english for a couple years in south korea.

GrapevineSooner
6/20/2011, 09:35 AM
I plan on teaching English as a second language to all the future immigration activists.