PDA

View Full Version : Great Wolf Lodge

OutlandTrophy
6/20/2011, 08:13 AM
Stu would love that place, there were kids everywhere.

I liked most everything about it but the food is turrible. A great place for kids to go crazy.

Mjcpr
6/20/2011, 08:16 AM
I heard it was crazy expensive, Bruce.

OutlandTrophy
6/20/2011, 08:17 AM
it is. I recommend letting the inlaws pay for it.

Mjcpr
6/20/2011, 08:18 AM
I am open the week of July 25th if they don't mind.

SoCaliSooner
6/20/2011, 08:58 AM
I have heard people mentioning the place so I googled it. It seems it is just a water park with an attached hotel with a cabin/lodge feel to it.

Is that about right?

OutlandTrophy
6/20/2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, the majority of the waterpark is indoors.

Viking Kitten
6/20/2011, 09:19 AM
I just can't figure out the fun of going to an indoor water park in the summertime. Jumping into frigid water to escape 100 degree plus surface temps and battling sunburn is part of the experience. Give me the Schlitterbahn over Great Wolf Lodge any day. Kids today are little p**sies.

Now if it's February, I can see the appeal of Great Wolf Lodge.

OutlandTrophy
6/20/2011, 09:24 AM
I just can't figure out the fun of going to an indoor water park in the summertime. Jumping into frigid water to escape 100 degree plus surface temps and battling sunburn is part of the experience. Give me the Schlitterbahn over Great Wolf Lodge any day. Kids today are little p**sies.

Now if it's February, I can see the appeal of Great Wolf Lodge.

I know, right?

The in laws wanted all their kids and grand kids to be together for Father's Day this year and that was a pretty good spot for everyone to meet up. I was overjoyed to be taking my 7 month old to a waterpark. He had a blast. ;)

Viking Kitten
6/20/2011, 09:32 AM
Heh... I hear you. We went to Disney World last summer, and I saw all these people pushing babies around in strollers and I was just like, "Why?" I made my kids wait until they were 8 and 11 to go. I figure if I'm spending all that money, they are damn well going to remember it.

soonervegas
6/20/2011, 10:33 AM
I take my kids on Christmas and they love it. But as a previous poster said.....eat offsite. The food onsite is average and overpriced.

87sooner
6/20/2011, 10:36 AM
I heard it was crazy expensive, Bruce.

it was crazy expensive over spring break.....
we went to the one in kansas city...
summertime...it's MUCH cheaper...
but like someone else said....no sense in going to an indoor water park in the summer...