PDA

View Full Version : % of work you do vs. % of work your spouse thinks you do

OK2LA
6/19/2011, 07:00 PM
45% vs. 55% maybe even tips the other way some weeks

15% / 85% This is up from last week . . .

reflector
6/19/2011, 07:02 PM
I don't have a spouse!

Mongo
6/19/2011, 07:03 PM
no spouse, problem solved

SanJoaquinSooner
6/19/2011, 07:12 PM
do you mean work around the house or work as in employment?

OK2LA
6/19/2011, 09:44 PM
do you mean work around the house or work as in employment?

Work around the house.

Penguin
6/19/2011, 09:59 PM
I have no spouse. Good thing, too. She would just be nagging me all day to throw out the hooker body parts in the fridge.

MelloYello
6/19/2011, 10:00 PM
I have no spouse. Good thing, too. She would just be nagging me all day to throw out the hooker body parts in the fridge.
ROFL of the copter variety.

soonerprices
6/19/2011, 10:11 PM
only singles have responded... nice.

goingoneight
6/19/2011, 11:49 PM
I work anywhere between 45-60 hours a week, and do all the work on my house afterward. My most recent gf recently told me I was worthless and don't do shat. So, now I'm back to doing 100% of my work. :D

StoopTroup
6/20/2011, 12:12 AM
only singles have responded... nice.

That's how we stay Married.

SanJoaquinSooner
6/20/2011, 01:10 AM
chk says the correct answer is always 3.

SoonerBorn68
6/20/2011, 01:45 AM
I work for money 100% of the time. The wife works 95% of the time hauling kids to basketball, football, baseball, softball, band, track, etc. etc.

The workload is at least 75/25 in her favor. I'll tip my hat to Mrs. '68. All I have to do is go to work (in the oilfield & I'm away a lot of the time), she does all the driving/personal assistant duties for the kids. I drove from Holdenville to Dale, back from Dale to H-Ville, to Dale for my son's baseball schedule (he plays on 2 teams) Saturday. Meanwhile she went to Piedmont to watch '68 Jr-ette play basketball Saturday. If I weren't home she'd have had to do both. She also drove to Henryetta 3 times this week for basketball camps. She's got a major load with the 3 kids' sports schedule over the summer. She might not "work" but she's really got the load--housework, laundry, housework, cooking, and everything else in between. All I've got to do is go to work & help out when I can.

3rdgensooner
6/20/2011, 09:25 AM
I don't have a spouse!

no spouse, problem solved

I have no spouse. Good thing, too. He would just be nagging me all day to throw out the hooker body parts in the fridge.Get out of my head!

olevetonahill
6/20/2011, 09:31 AM
I live alone so any werk that gets did around here is did by me.
Guess thats why the place looks like a dump.;)

jk the sooner fan
6/20/2011, 09:34 AM
i'm not sure what % my wife would say

i do ALL the cooking, and at least half of the kitchen clean up....i do the yard and pool stuff

she does all the laundry (which i loathe), vacuuming, and general picking up of the shoes and such i leave laying around

badger
6/20/2011, 10:42 AM
NP cooks and does a majority of the techie stuff (repairing broken sh!t). I just finished painting the exterior of the house, usually take out the trash twice a week, do the gardening, mowing and cleaning... but I'll still give NP credit for 50 percent of the housework because he is a much better cook and I could stare all day at broken sh!t and still not repair it :)

OH! And he opens stuff that won't open for me... pickle jars booooooooooo

Mississippi Sooner
6/20/2011, 10:43 AM
My spouse passed away a few weeks ago, but when she was alive she knew full well how much time I spend goofing off on the internet at work.

jk the sooner fan
6/20/2011, 10:44 AM
ok well i've been informed that my wife does not consider cooking a "chore" - and therefore not a contribution to housework - even though she does appreciate it

so my % went WAY down

NormanPride
6/20/2011, 10:54 AM
NP cooks and does a majority of the techie stuff (repairing broken sh!t). I just finished painting the exterior of the house, usually take out the trash twice a week, do the gardening, mowing and cleaning... but I'll still give NP credit for 50 percent of the housework because he is a much better cook and I could stare all day at broken sh!t and still not repair it :)

OH! And he opens stuff that won't open for me... pickle jars booooooooooo
If you're giving me 50% then you're being awfully generous. I feel like I'm a bum since you do everything outside... I handle finances, but is that really work compared to mowing the yard?

Cheez-It
6/20/2011, 10:56 AM
My husband works the afternoon/evening shift so he has the kids in the morning/early afternoon and then I get them after work until they go to sleep. I would say we share about 50% of the household load. Although I do more laundry and keep the house more picked up then he does...but he also has the kids during "awake" times longer than I do. I try not to bitch. We have someone to clean. We share bottles/dishes. My only complaint is if he plays golf during the weekend and I don't get my time away from the house to do my own thing sans kids.

badger
6/20/2011, 01:54 PM
My only complaint is if he plays golf during the weekend and I don't get my time away from the house to do my own thing sans kids.

As soon as they're old enough make them learn golf from their old man :D

OK2LA
6/20/2011, 08:25 PM
ok well i've been informed that my wife does not consider cooking a "chore" - and therefore not a contribution to housework - even though she does appreciate it

so my % went WAY down

This my friend is what I'm talking about . . .

Xunil
6/20/2011, 10:41 PM

Freezer.. always keep the body parts in the 2nd freezer.