PDA

View Full Version : 2011 College World Series

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/18/2011, 06:26 PM
Vandy beats UNC in the first CWS game ever in the new stadium in Omaha today. 2nd game now in play, the cows vs FU, going into the 2nd inning, scoreless.

Even though the Sooners didn't make it to Omaha this yr., I'm putting this thread into the Sooner baseball forum.

6/18/2011, 07:28 PM
Back-to-back 2 out doubles, in the 4th inning, to put FU into the lead 4-3 over the detested cows.

Gosh, how I would JUST HATE to see tx lose their first game today...

Now in the 6th, with FU up by 2, and the FU pitcher seeming to get stronger, and more confident. You GO, FU!

6/18/2011, 08:55 PM
7-4 FU, bottom of 8th. Croc has runners on first and 2nd, with no outs. (BTW, the umps failed to call a homer for FU in the 7th, costing them a run.) Croc scores 1, to go up 8-4.

Top of 9th, pore tx first up strikes out on a fast pitch inside. POP UP!. 2 down for the cows. Big fly-out to left. FU! Cows Fail!

IndySooner
6/19/2011, 08:59 AM
Granted, I was in the press box with a good view from above, but I can't see at all how the umpires missed that home run call. Everyone in the box knew it was a home run. The ball went out and popped back in. Horrible call.

Interesting, though, to give them credit on the balk play. That's a play you don't see everyday and they got that one right.

6/19/2011, 09:17 PM
SEC, SEC, SEC, SEC, Baby!
Vanderbilt, Florida and South Carolina all advance in the Winners Bracket. Nothing like confidence to help get the job done.

6/19/2011, 09:59 PM
I am reduced to having to cheer for Virginia, the only non-SEC team to advance. (the hel* with the cows and the atm's. They didn't win their opening games, anyway)

6/21/2011, 03:56 PM
Cal scatter-shoots Lassie Aggy, in the losers bracket, to eliminate the Lassies. Vandy loses to FU in the winner's bracket. FU still undefeated, also the Cockrobins and Virginia.

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 05:14 PM
Granted, I was in the press box with a good view from above, but I can't see at all how the umpires missed that home run call. Everyone in the box knew it was a home run. The ball went out and popped back in. Horrible call.

Interesting, though, to give them credit on the balk play. That's a play you don't see everyday and they got that one right.

i didn't see the play you're talking about, but i feel (JMHO) that any ball that bounces back on the field should be "in play".this is generally speaking, sometimes a ball goes way beyond the fence & bounces back on the field.
Not in play. or if a fan interferes, home run. if a ball hits above a certain line or something like that, it's "in play". take the guesswork out of it.

mavsfan31
6/24/2011, 10:19 PM
This game tonight is incredible.

Sooner95
6/24/2011, 10:30 PM
relentless... 13in

BlackwellSooner
6/24/2011, 10:40 PM
All-SEC final. succs

Both teams played very well... South Carolina showed the world how to execute "small ball", excellent bunting was what eventually won the game for them.

mavsfan31
6/25/2011, 12:56 AM
Both of those closers deserve a lot of credit. They had quite a lot asked of them. Their ability to get out of so many jams was incredible.

6/25/2011, 12:58 AM
Guess I want the sc roosters to stuff FU. It's a pisser that both teams are from the same obnoxious conference.

rekamrettuB
6/26/2011, 08:43 PM
It would be pretty cool for South Cacky to win the last WS at Rosenblatt Stadium and the first one at the new Sponsored Stadium.

6/26/2011, 08:55 PM
It would be pretty cool for South Cacky to win the last WS at Rosenblatt Stadium and the first one at the new Sponsored Stadium.Yeah, if you're a chickens' fan.

nighttrain12
6/26/2011, 09:35 PM
Look for lots of hand made signs at the finals that say I LOVE *****! Hopefully not held by any men. ;)

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, if you're a chickens' fan.

I'm from Florida so I'm pulling for the Gators but wouldn't mind seeing the Cocks take it because of the above.

hvhurricane
6/27/2011, 08:49 PM
The bats have made this a dull game.

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 09:01 PM
I guess the best news for the fans of the school that losses is they can just start chanting SEC! and feel just the same.

northspeter
6/27/2011, 09:55 PM
unbelievable... sc gets out of bases loaded no out jam... again....

mavsfan31
6/27/2011, 10:36 PM
couldn't believe that. then they score off of errors again haha

Lott's Bandana
6/28/2011, 07:54 AM
I'm rooting for the Cocks since we were the last team to beat them in Omaha.

Does that make any sense? Perhaps not, but I don't likey Florida.

Gaius_Longinus
6/28/2011, 09:15 AM
I'm rooting for the Cocks since we were the last team to beat them in Omaha.

Does that make any sense? Perhaps not, but I don't likey Florida.

Let me guess, you dont like Florida because they beat us in football and tim tebow

6/28/2011, 12:29 PM
For me, FU is just TOO SUCCESSFUL in sports, and they're not OU, making them very easy to root against.

Eielson
6/28/2011, 05:04 PM
Let me guess, you dont like Florida because they beat us in football and tim tebow

You're in a baseball forum, and South Carolina knocked us out of the CWS last year before going on to win it all. Do you see the flaw in your logic?

Sooner11JK
6/28/2011, 05:33 PM
That was a great game last night until TCU's defense took over for UF in the top of the 11th.........

IndySooner
6/28/2011, 05:35 PM
You're in a baseball forum, and South Carolina knocked us out of the CWS last year before going on to win it all. Do you see the flaw in your logic?

Actually, I think he was pointing out that as flawed logic, though I could be wrong.

Personally, I never had any ill-will toward South Carolina last year. It's not their fault the umpire missed the call on the JBJ strikeout to end our third game, and thus eliminate USC.

They're fun to watch, they're really good and I like Ray Tanner. Florida, on the other hand, isn't all that flashy, wasn't any fun in the interview room and O'Sullivan seems to be pretty boring.

Sooner11JK
6/28/2011, 05:47 PM
I met Ray Tanner earlier this year in Columbia. Super terrific guy, went out of his way to help us when he didn't have to. It was just myself, my dad, and the coach. We were in Columbia and had some time to kill so we went to look at their new ballpark. It was locked up like Fort Knox. We went to the office doors and they were locked and a young girl was coming back from lunch and she said that they don't allow anyone inside the ballpark. So we walked around the outside a little more and as we were pulling out of the parking lot there were two guys standing near the door so we decided we would ask them. The one gentleman said, "sure, come on over here and we'll let you in." He opens the door, gives us directions through the office area and says, "if anyone gives you any trouble for being in there, tell em Coach said you could be there." So we introduced ourselves as being from Norman and had a good conversation about last season. He said that they basically "had their bags packed to leave" and that baseball is a funny game. Great conversation. Great guy. I'll be a fan of that program until we face them again.

nighttrain12
6/28/2011, 11:41 PM
***** were stronger and took the title for the second year in a row.

hvhurricane
6/30/2011, 05:57 PM
That was a great game last night until TCU's defense took over for UF in the top of the 11th.........

To each his own, but I don't like to see offense taken out of the game by marginal pitching. These bats have made marginal pitchers look outstanding. Neither one of those SC pitchers was anything to write home about and they were able to dominate UF's lineup. I realize the SC's pitcher's stats are very good, but again, I think it is a product of the bat and not the talent level.

hvhurricane
6/30/2011, 05:58 PM
I met Ray Tanner earlier this year in Columbia. Super terrific guy, went out of his way to help us when he didn't have to. It was just myself, my dad, and the coach. We were in Columbia and had some time to kill so we went to look at their new ballpark. It was locked up like Fort Knox. We went to the office doors and they were locked and a young girl was coming back from lunch and she said that they don't allow anyone inside the ballpark. So we walked around the outside a little more and as we were pulling out of the parking lot there were two guys standing near the door so we decided we would ask them. The one gentleman said, "sure, come on over here and we'll let you in." He opens the door, gives us directions through the office area and says, "if anyone gives you any trouble for being in there, tell em Coach said you could be there." So we introduced ourselves as being from Norman and had a good conversation about last season. He said that they basically "had their bags packed to leave" and that baseball is a funny game. Great conversation. Great guy. I'll be a fan of that program until we face them again.

We would have had to have thrown a bunch of money at him, which Joe C. certainly wasn't willing to do, but he was very interested in the OU job when LC left.

Lott's Bandana
6/30/2011, 06:09 PM

Guess again, Rook.

I used to teach at Florida State when Spurrier was coaching at Florida. I don't have any allegiances to FSU but haven't liked Gator since TT was in grade school.