PDA

View Full Version : My Feet May Rot Off!

MsProudSooner2
6/17/2011, 09:49 PM
I'm watching a show called American Restoration. This outfit restores all kinds of old stuff. A guy brought in a machine they used to use to x-ray your feet to see how well a pair of shoes fit. They had one of those machines at Rothchild's in downtown OKC in the 1950's. They just tested the machine and it gives off more radiation than an x-ray technician should be exposed to when giving an x-ray. My feet are doomed!

olevetonahill
6/17/2011, 09:58 PM
I figured it was cause ya dint keep yer socks changed in those feminist combat boots you wear.:P

soonercruiser
6/17/2011, 10:03 PM
Prolly cured that severe case of female athlete's foot!
:D

Curly Bill
6/17/2011, 10:15 PM
I was watching that too. One of my favorite shows.

StoopTroup
6/17/2011, 10:28 PM
Yeah that guy is amazing. He not only can fix that stuff and get it running....he can make it look better that it was when it was new....or when possible he can restore it to completely original. He also can take things that even though it would be cool to restore it....he knows some of the latest trends that can make a piece worth more by making it usable for our time in the year 2000+

I'd work for free to be able to learn some of his connections and how to spot a good project.

Curly Bill
6/17/2011, 10:31 PM
Between this show, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Storage Wars, they got me wanting to go out and just buy stuff and turn it over for huge profits.

It can't be as easy as it seems though.

SoonerofAlabama
6/17/2011, 10:36 PM
Between this show, American Pickers, Pawn Stars, and Storage Wars, they got me wanting to go out and just buy stuff and turn it over for huge profits.

You just named my favorite shows. I am pretty sure it is worse than what they show, except for Sportscenter.

Curly Bill
6/17/2011, 10:39 PM
Storage Wars I really like, but I why do I have a sense that any storage auction you'd go to now, there's gonna be 500 people there who've seen the same show, and are thinking the same thing? :D

StoopTroup
6/17/2011, 10:41 PM

^This

olevetonahill
6/17/2011, 10:44 PM
That ****s just like a fishing show, In 30 minutes they show whoever catching the Biggest and meanest fish out ther . They DONT show ya the hours and hours and days that they fished and dint catch a dayum thing.

Curly Bill
6/17/2011, 10:45 PM
That ****s just like a fishing show, In 30 minutes they show whoever catching the Biggest and meanest fish out ther . They DONT show ya the hours and hours and days that they fished and dint catch a dayum thing.

Yup.

StoopTroup
6/17/2011, 10:47 PM
I've never not been able to catch a fish and if I had a guy with scuba gear on and a net putting them on the line for me....I guarantee I wouldn't be out there for hours. :D