PDA

View Full Version : Rivals rankings BY POSITION for 2012

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/17/2011, 08:51 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/rankings/2012;_ylt=AtV3YykE1KStkkuoPzPwsc5IPZB4

It sure enough has Ty Darlington as #1 center. Scout has him at #3.

SoonerofAlabama
6/17/2011, 08:56 PM
It also has Gunner Kiel at #1 Pro-style, Green-Beckham at #1 WR, Neal at #4WR, Laith Harlow at #9 TE, and Alex Ross at #16 RB.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/18/2011, 12:52 AM
I usually dont get excited about landing highly rated recruits, because I would be just as happy with Stoops getting the solid 3 star guys, but man, this years recruiting has been crazy so far, and lots of big name talent committing to OU. I know we always get our share of highly rated guys, but it seems like this class doesnt have anyone who isnt near the top at their position.

And besides Notre Dame, I have to think that OU recruits the nation as a whole better than any team out there and this year is proving that even more.

Ruf/Nek7
6/18/2011, 03:01 AM
I usually dont get excited about landing highly rated recruits, because I would be just as happy with Stoops getting the solid 3 star guys, but man, this years recruiting has been crazy so far, and lots of big name talent committing to OU. I know we always get our share of highly rated guys, but it seems like this class doesnt have anyone who isnt near the top at their position.

And besides Notre Dame, I have to think that OU recruits the nation as a whole better than any team out there and this year is proving that even more.

I agree...my problem with the whole rating thing is that all different websites have different rankings that all contradict eachother. Fact is, texass brings in all the top recruits but cannot coach them. OU brings in guys we see potential in and we bring out that potential. If one were to look back, some of the higher ranked guys never amounted to the hype placed on their shoulders while some 3 star guys exceeded all expectations. Its an F'ed up system all the way around. Its all about coaching!

Curly Bill
6/18/2011, 03:11 AM
It's not all about coaching, otherwise you could recruit any ol players and win with them. It's a combination of things, and perhaps the most important is being able to identify talent that will fit your system, and this is what OU obviously does better than Texas, who seems to be in love with the recruiting services and the number of stars attached to their recruits. And it's also obvious that OU devlops that talent very well once it's here.

WE ARE dirtburglars
6/18/2011, 08:25 AM
Yepp, I think you both are right. Its coaching in the sense that they have to be able to bring out the talent in a player, and its also coaching in the sense that they have to hand pick the right guys that fit our system. Just finding a guy who fits our system doesnt mean he will automatically work out for us though either. I dont think any of us realize just how spoiled we are/have been with Stoops here. I think one day we will look back at him as the greatest coach in OU history, I have no doubt about that.