PDA

View Full Version : Some thing I didnt knew about Josh Heupel

5thYearSooner
6/17/2011, 01:56 PM
Just read on wiki that his sister Andrea Heupel is married to Dan Boren. Makes me think he is going to be here for a long time..

Memtig14
6/17/2011, 02:01 PM
Just read on wiki that his sister Andrea Heupel is married to Dan Boren. Makes me think he is going to be here for a long time..

Is she a teacher?

jumperstop
6/17/2011, 02:08 PM
Something I didn't knew about grammar...they got rid of the word know.

Honestly though, I don't think this is the reason he'll be around a long time. I think he'll be around because he's a good coach.

agoo758
6/17/2011, 02:11 PM
I guess it just goes to show that there are many things I didn't knew, nor ever will knew.

picasso
6/17/2011, 02:11 PM
Something I didn't knew about grammar...they got rid of the word know.

Honestly though, I don't think this is the reason he'll be around a long time. I think he'll be around because he's a good coach.

I think he's British. That would also explain how he didn't know Heup's sis was married to tree stand Dan.

sooner_born_1960
6/17/2011, 02:14 PM
Why would it be really important to Josh that he live near his sister?

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2011, 02:16 PM
This thread is full of FAIL.

Sooner_Tuf
6/17/2011, 02:32 PM
Heupel? Is he knew?

5thYearSooner
6/17/2011, 02:43 PM
Why would it be really important to Josh that he live near his sister?

I was only implying this would be one of the many other reasons he would stay here. His Almamater, his coaches his players and finally his sister.

crawfish
6/17/2011, 02:45 PM
...and his parents.

soonersam
6/17/2011, 02:49 PM
I remember knewing that.. just forgot

5thYearSooner
6/17/2011, 02:50 PM

Yes, Good Coach is the main reason he will stay. Like I said I didn't knew he has some family ties to the First family of the university, which might also add a little to the reason he will stay.

olevetonahill
6/17/2011, 02:55 PM
Hell I Knowed it all along

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2011, 03:03 PM
Yes, Good Coach is the main reason he will stay. Like I said I didn't knew he has some family ties to the First family of the university, which might also add a little to the reason he will stay.

Yes he is a great coach but that's also one of the main reasons he could go somewhere else. He's already been at Arizona so he could easily leave again. He's proven himself to be a great QB coach and now being promoted to OC I could see him getting some looks from other schools if he does well at that position. I don't think he'll leave anytime soon, but as many coaches as Bob Stoops has lost in the past it's not a guarantee he'll be here forever.

Chuck Bao
6/17/2011, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know what Dan plans to do after retiring from his US rep seat?

I really hate to see one of the few elected Oklahoma Democrats retire. But of course I am very biased in this case.

5thYearSooner
6/17/2011, 03:18 PM
Yes he is a great coach but that's also one of the main reasons he could go somewhere else. He's already been at Arizona so he could easily leave again. He's proven himself to be a great QB coach and now being promoted to OC I could see him getting some looks from other schools if he does well at that position. I don't think he'll leave anytime soon, but as many coaches as Bob Stoops has lost in the past it's not a guarantee he'll be here forever.

Agreed.There are no guarantees.
Who knows?.. with all due respect to Joe Castiglione, some day we might see Bob as AD and Josh as HC.

SoonerofAlabama
6/17/2011, 03:18 PM

I find it almost amazing how it seems that every offensive corrdinator we have had seems to move on to be a head coach at another major school. Hepel definitely has the coaching ability to be a head coach, as does Norvell, but they both need some more experience with being a major postion on the coaching staff first. If Heupel does go somewhere else, I can see him coming back to Norman to be a HC. It just may take forevor to get that lump of a head coach of ours out of the seat, jk :D. Norvell is talented enough. I have no doubt that soon, they will both be head coaches somewhere.

badger
6/17/2011, 03:30 PM

As much as David Boring loves OU and what its football program does for donors and publicity, I don't think Uncle Dave has enough jurisdiction to keep a co-offensive coordinator around.

As for Rep. Dan, our state's token DINO (and no, not short for dinosaur, he's fairly young), he just announced that he's not seeking office again, so it's entirely possible that they'll move outta Muskogee (it's where his district is, hence them not being in Norman right now).

I think Josh loves OU (shouda seen the dude trying to hype of up the crowd when we were on defense with 2007 Mizzou pinned deep in their own territory--- was yelling so loud that I was covering my ears while yelling at that moment, hehe), but isn't tied permanently to it. If he gets a good HC opportunity, I hope he takes it.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2011, 03:32 PM
If he gets a good HC opportunity, I hope he takes it.

Heupel to tOSU in 2012! :D

Caboose
6/17/2011, 03:40 PM
What about Nate Hyple? Did he get married?

badger
6/17/2011, 04:03 PM
What about Nate Hyple? Did he get married?

He did get married, yes.

texaspokieokie
6/17/2011, 04:07 PM
know wonder you're a 5th year senior.

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2011, 04:11 PM
^^^Niiice!!! :D

agoo758
6/17/2011, 04:51 PM
Hell I Knowed it all along

Cmon, olevet, it's, "Hell I KNEWED it all along.";)

toast
6/17/2011, 05:41 PM
This thread is full of FAIL.

Indeed

delhalew
6/17/2011, 05:51 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Bob would be a miserable AD. Like putting a lion in a cage.

OUcharlie
6/17/2011, 05:56 PM
The other QB name is Nate Hybl.

swardboy
6/18/2011, 08:21 AM
How 'bout that Brett Romar guy for a QB coach?

I new you'd laugh....

stoopified
6/18/2011, 08:34 AM
know wander you're a 5th year senoir.Fixed

Keller Sooner
6/18/2011, 09:09 AM
Uh oh! It looks like we could have a 6th year senior next year. :D

Fish&Game
6/18/2011, 09:15 AM
I KNEWED IT!!
http://route66.backroadsplanet.com/imagescars/c-mater.jpeg

hawaii 5-0
6/18/2011, 11:56 AM
I think if Josh Heupel stays he could be the hair apparent for Bob Stoops's job.

5-0

Trump/ Bomar 2012

texaspokieokie
6/18/2011, 12:08 PM

I new you'd laugh....

how bout Cale Gundy ??

StoopTroup
6/18/2011, 12:11 PM
Fumb Duckers

Chuck Bao
6/18/2011, 01:04 PM
As for Rep. Dan, our state's token DINO (and no, not short for dinosaur, he's fairly young), he just announced that he's not seeking office again, so it's entirely possible that they'll move outta Muskogee (it's where his district is, hence them not being in Norman right now).

I'm really just guessing here. But, I think that Dan Boren probably got tired of the brickbats being thrown at the Democrats and DINOs in Oklahoma. At the same time, I am guessing that he wouldn't dare switch parties and betray the legacy of his father. Then, he really doesn't need to work given his inheritance. He'll probably take on something worthy and hopefully supportive of Oklahoma and Oklahomans.

I would love to see him as the President of Southeastern. Oh wait, I am boycotting them because they sacked the transsexual. Okay, he can come in and fire all those flaming baptists and get education back in order. I am totally down with that!

BigJerm7
6/18/2011, 02:54 PM
Does anyone know what Dan plans to do after retiring from his US rep seat?

I have know idea.

5thYearSooner
6/20/2011, 10:54 AM
I have know idea.

I have new idea

picasso
6/20/2011, 04:04 PM
She turned me into a knewt!

AlboSooner
6/20/2011, 10:35 PM
I just knowed this. Good to knew.

agoo758
6/21/2011, 12:53 AM
Badger, I nominate this for thread of the year.

SouthFortySooner
6/21/2011, 07:37 AM
How could we possibly loose him if there family lives near.

BetterSoonerThanLater
6/21/2011, 02:51 PM

I new you'd laugh....

oh know you din't!!