PDA

View Full Version : High praise for OL Nila Kneubuhl

Ruf/Nek7
6/17/2011, 01:26 PM
So I joined the Twitter monster to follow some of our guys, but I promise I will NOT post twit pics or my tweets on here ;)

Anyway, I'm following Brennan Clay and Tony Jefferson...TJ said and I quote "the new Samoan lineman we got is beast!" Clay retweeted reitirating what TJ said. Man I can't wait to see this guy take the field and pancake guys

SoonerofAlabama
6/17/2011, 01:37 PM
So, he was apparently a TE at Trinity High School. I saw the twitter posts too, I had no idea who it was until I went to rivals.

Soonerson1975
6/17/2011, 01:39 PM
I have high praise for anyone who can pronounce his name correctly.

KantoSooner
6/17/2011, 02:36 PM

I believe it's "Sir"

Sooner_Tuf
6/17/2011, 02:38 PM
I believe it's "Sir"

:D

Chuck Bao
6/17/2011, 03:18 PM
This has me really excited. My aunt and uncles house is just a couple miles from Trinity and they were telling me that the Samoans were the reason Trinity made it to the state finals. Love to see OU recruit them and can't wait to see them play for OU.

Soonerfan88
6/17/2011, 03:21 PM

No praise required but it's knee-la nay-bull

And I hope OU fans have lots of Samoan names to mispronounce in the next few years.

PLaw
6/17/2011, 03:25 PM
This has me really excited. My aunt and uncles house is just a couple miles from Trinity and they were telling me that the Samoans were the reason Trinity made it to the state finals. Love to see OU recruit them and can't wait to see them play for OU.

Trinity was in my son's district - think he'll bring the haka to OU?

Boomer

Mad Dog Madsen
6/17/2011, 03:27 PM
I think Samoans are just bred to be linemen.

rekamrettuB
6/17/2011, 03:38 PM
I thought the players couldn't Twit anymore?

VA Sooner
6/17/2011, 03:40 PM
Two pieces of good news about the o-line in one day. Gotta love it!

Future's looking bright... gotta wear shades.

SoonerofAlabama
6/17/2011, 03:45 PM

I don't know. I know all Kenny tweets now is bible verse. Everyone else tweets normally though.

texaspokieokie
6/17/2011, 04:13 PM

they're tweeting for twat.

BoulderSooner79
6/17/2011, 04:52 PM

That was only for Stills (and for Jaz last year) for stepping outside the realm of common sense. I doubt the restriction is indefinite.

Chuck Bao
6/17/2011, 05:24 PM
think he'll bring the haka to OU?

Boomer

I'd like to see it. But, it would probably be an excessive celebration penalty as the refs are so sensitive now.

soonerloyal
6/17/2011, 06:19 PM
I'd like to see it. But, it would probably be an excessive celebration penalty as the refs are so sensitive now.

Does than mean when they flatten someone if they stick out a hand & help them up all nice-like, we don't get a penalty?

Chuck Bao
6/17/2011, 06:42 PM
Does than mean when they flatten someone if they stick out a hand & help them up all nice-like, we don't get a penalty?

I have no idea about that. I thought we were talking about the haka war dance where the Polynesian warriors stick out their tongue.

sooner518
6/17/2011, 06:57 PM
That trinity team is stacked with Polynesians. I think there are three brothers that are supposed to be really good coming out of there in the next year or two.

Soonerlife07
6/17/2011, 08:02 PM
Anybody know where on the line hes going to be playing?

Chuck Bao
6/17/2011, 08:13 PM
I am loving it. The Polynesian version of the Selmon brothers.

picasso
6/17/2011, 08:16 PM

Well, according to Badger he's going to be playing at the 5 spot.

Ruf/Nek7
6/17/2011, 09:01 PM

I don't know exactly but my guess would be guard possibly right tackle. He seems like the kind of kid that, with some time, could really play any line position. I would like to know his arm length, that would be a factor of what position he plays too.

stoopified
6/18/2011, 08:39 AM
I have high praise for anyone who can pronounce his name correctly.Thank GOD that BBS retired.

BoomerJ
6/18/2011, 11:28 AM
This thread is making me hungary for Chick Fil-a's polynesian sauce.

By the way, I was introducing my brother-in-law and our kids to the Switzer Center yesterday. Most of the O lineman were coming out while we were going in. The new lineman from South Dakota if freakin huge.

Also, if you've never been to the Switzer Center, it's worth your time. It's open Thursday and Friday.

Frozen Sooner
6/18/2011, 11:32 AM

Not a matter of the refs being sensitive, really. They have no discretion on that one. The NCAA director of officials issued a directive a couple of years back that specifically said the haka dance is an excessive celebration penalty.

Hawai'i was doing it before kickoff every game. They decided to just start every game with a 15 yard penalty.

Widescreen
6/18/2011, 12:47 PM
Hawai'i was doing it before kickoff every game. They decided to just start every game with a 15 yard penalty.

Personally, I don't think you should be given an excessive celebration penalty before the game even starts. That doesn't even make sense. But this is the NCAA, after all.

usaosooner
6/18/2011, 12:59 PM
There is a DE for Trinity named Polo Manukainiu who is Nila's cousin. We are recruiting him & are in great shape for him

SoonerofAlabama
6/18/2011, 01:13 PM
Just on the subject of these names, there is a TE for the St. Louis Rams named Michael Hoomanawanui. Believe he is Samoan.

silverwheels
6/18/2011, 01:27 PM
Trinity was in my son's district - think he'll bring the haka to OU?

Boomer

I hope not. It looks ridiculous when it's done by anyone other than the All Blacks or anyone not from the South Pacific.

Curly Bill
6/18/2011, 05:40 PM
Just on the subject of these names, there is a TE for the St. Louis Rams named Michael Hoomanawanui. Believe he is Samoan.

Sounds like he's typical whitebread from the Midwest if ya ask me. ;)