PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bell to FSU as pitching coach likely

bcolston15
6/17/2011, 12:46 PM
Heard that earlier this week and read something about it in the Tulsa World today.

Their pitching coach resigned (Was fired) after 21 years.

Bell played at FSU.

rysooner
6/17/2011, 12:55 PM
Any rumors on the replacement?

TumbleweedDoom
6/17/2011, 01:11 PM
Heard that earlier this week and read something about it in the Tulsa World today.

Their pitching resigned (Was fired) after 21 years.

Bell played at FSU.

Don't bring the facts in here. We all know if/when he leaves, it'll be spun as "all Sunny's fault."

Just beating the rush ...

Sooner11JK
6/17/2011, 02:07 PM
Don't bring the facts in here. We all know if/when he leaves, it'll be spun as "all Sunny's fault."

Just beating the rush ...

Let's examine some facts, shall we?

Florida State: Far better baseball program than OU. Athletic department near OU's equal. Bell's alma mater.

This is an upward step for Mike Bell, there should be no need to bring Sunny into the equation.

Even if there were no supposed issues within the program, Mike Bell would be leaving for FSU anyway.

Good luck to Coach Bell.

TumbleweedDoom
6/17/2011, 03:09 PM
Umm, mine was just a sarcastic post meant as a swipe to those who WOULD bring Sunny into the equation. But, I love the fire!

Sooner11JK
6/17/2011, 03:14 PM
Umm, mine was just a sarcastic post meant as a swipe to those who WOULD bring Sunny into the equation. But, I love the fire!

Oh Doom I knew that, I was just heading others off at the pass.

TumbleweedDoom
6/17/2011, 03:24 PM
Word! Head 'em off because you KNOW they're going to squirm out of the woodwork if Bell does leave.

hvhurricane
6/17/2011, 09:49 PM
Let's be honest anyway, SG is the pitching coach right now.

TumbleweedDoom
6/18/2011, 01:29 AM
Thank goodness he is, if that's the case: pitching kept us afloat the last two months of the season.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
6/18/2011, 08:07 PM
Florida State: Far better baseball program than OU. Uh, if you say so, huh?...

IndySooner
6/19/2011, 08:56 AM
Uh, if you say so, huh?...

It's a fact. Not even a question.

Gaius_Longinus
6/21/2011, 09:35 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! knows nothing about college baseball???

texaspokieokie
6/21/2011, 09:55 AM
hahahahahaha
tx gone bye bye after 2 games.

6/21/2011, 11:31 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! knows nothing about college baseball???Show us your stuff, hotshot!

Gaius_Longinus
6/22/2011, 12:40 AM
No offense but you sound like every stereotypical OU Football fan who comes around when Texas gets beat.

Florida State is a far better baseball job than that of Oklahoma's, and if you think different, which you do, than you are simply kidding yourself.

Show us your stuff, hotshot!

6/22/2011, 01:09 AM
No offense but you sound like every stereotypical OU Football fan who comes around when Texas gets beat.

Florida State is a far better baseball job than that of Oklahoma's, and if you think different, which you do, than you are simply kidding yourself.Boy, you showed us how to think baseball with that one. Very impressive, whorn!

Gaius_Longinus
6/22/2011, 08:30 AM
Boy, you showed us how to think baseball with that one. Very impressive, whorn!

What does that even mean? Not sure if it even warrants a response.

perryj
6/22/2011, 08:32 AM
Don't feed the troll!

IndySooner
6/24/2011, 02:33 PM
There are reports that the deal is done. We haven't confirmed it, yet, but the Tallahassee Democrat says it's a done deal.

mavsfan31
6/24/2011, 03:51 PM
Good for him, don't blame the guy.

Eielson
6/24/2011, 04:29 PM
OU is obviously the best coaching job in the country. Why do you think Bob Stoops is here?

rysooner
6/24/2011, 05:42 PM
There are reports that the deal is done. We haven't confirmed it, yet, but the Tallahassee Democrat says it's a done deal.

Tyson Seng was tweeting about it about an hour ago and congratulating Bell on the new job.

IndySooner
6/24/2011, 06:28 PM
Tyson Seng was tweeting about it this about an hour ago and congratulating Bell on the new job.

He was doing that in response to the Tallahassee paper's report. As far as we've seen and who we've talked to, it's not 100% done. Mostly, but not 100%.

mavsfan31
6/25/2011, 12:57 AM
Wonder what the pay difference will be like.

rysooner
6/25/2011, 09:31 AM
Wonder what the pay difference will be like.

Wonder who the replacement will be?

Pillmanj
6/25/2011, 09:54 AM
Wonder who the replacement will be?

Open up the checkbook and go after Virginia's pitching coach.. ***pipe dream***

perryj
6/27/2011, 11:32 AM
FWIW the ********* that is Kendall Rogers is reporting it is official.

IndySooner
6/27/2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/062711aaa.html#_

mavsfan31
6/27/2011, 02:10 PM
Big surprise.

So who are the candidates for OU?

IndySooner
6/27/2011, 02:19 PM
Not sure, but if you pay a certain writer $10 he will throw some names up against the wall to see if they'll stick.

NormanPride
6/27/2011, 04:11 PM
What the hell did Sunny do to run this guy off? Damn!

northspeter
6/27/2011, 04:15 PM
congrats to coach bell... tadlock staying or going??? who's bell's likely replacement??? juco route or pluck from another d-1 university???

IndySooner
6/27/2011, 04:23 PM
What the hell did Sunny do to run this guy off? Damn!

I hope this is a joke.

IndySooner
6/27/2011, 04:24 PM
congrats to coach bell... tadlock staying or going??? who's bell's likely replacement??? juco route or pluck from another d-1 university???

I would now be SHOCKED if Sunny let Tadlock get away for something that isn't a D1 head coaching position. Even if, as rumored, they aren't seeing eye-to-eye, Sunny can't afford to start all over.

northspeter
6/27/2011, 04:26 PM
I would now be SHOCKED if Sunny let Tadlock get away for something that isn't a D1 head coaching position. Even if, as rumored, they aren't seeing eye-to-eye, Sunny can't afford to start all over.

kind of what i assumed...

TumbleweedDoom
6/27/2011, 05:11 PM

Look at it from the other direction, too: Why the hell would Tadlock leave for something that isn't a decent-to-good D1 coaching job? He's got tons of power here as the top assistant and recruiting coordinator, in a Top 20 program one-year removed from a CWS appearance. Why would HE start all over as an assistant somewhere else, or even at a low-level D1 head coaching job?

I think that's something that the Sunny-bashers are forgetting in all this.

6/27/2011, 05:16 PM
Look at it from the other direction, too: Why the hell would Tadlock leave for something that isn't a decent-to-good D1 coaching job? He's got tons of power here as the top assistant and recruiting coordinator, in a Top 20 program one-year removed from a CWS appearance. Why would HE start all over as an assistant somewhere else, or even at a low-level D1 head coaching job?

I think that's something that the Sunny-bashers are forgetting in all this.and boy, we DO have some Sonny bashers, don't we!!?!?!?!?

bcolston15
6/27/2011, 06:11 PM
I have heard it will be a quick hire because Golloway and Bell both knew this was happening long before it was final.

mavsfan31
6/27/2011, 06:28 PM

I think that's something that the Sunny-bashers are forgetting in all this.

+1, though I could see how some view it differently.

perryj
6/27/2011, 08:12 PM
I hope this is a joke.

Unfortunately it probably isn't. It just goes to show how little some pay attention.

rysooner
6/28/2011, 10:33 AM
I have heard it will be a quick hire because Golloway and Bell both knew this was happening long before it was final.

If this is the case, I would assume that Sunny had his top five list already working and that it wouldn't take long before the replacement is announced.