PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony

StoopTroup
6/16/2011, 08:28 PM
How do you think this will turn out?

olevetonahill
6/16/2011, 08:43 PM
Aint been keepin up, Gut feeling from what little I know? Shes guilty as sin.

olevetonahill
6/16/2011, 08:45 PM
What makes ya think Mistrial?

Caboose
6/16/2011, 08:49 PM
Guilty as hell.... but I'd still hit it.

SoonerofAlabama
6/16/2011, 09:00 PM
Can't see her going not guilty.

OUinFLA
6/16/2011, 10:05 PM
For those of us who live here in the middle of it, it can't get over fast enough.
It is broadcast live on 3 different channels down here, and the top of every newspaper and newscast each day.

MelloYello
6/16/2011, 11:46 PM
Guilty as hell.... but I'd still hit it.

This.

Collier11
6/17/2011, 12:53 AM
Based on everything ive seen over 2 or 3 years, she is a worthless POS and will rot in hell one day.

Soonerus
6/17/2011, 12:55 AM
Guilty....

rekamrettuB
6/17/2011, 08:16 AM
She's guilty but this case is going to be all circumstantial. They have very little hard evidence against her from what I've seen. Now the circumstantial part of it looks really, really bad tho and I think the jury will find her guilty but no death penalty. Women rarely get it but I could see them suggesting it in this case with the lies and the fact the victim is a beautiful 2 year old girl/

CrimsonCream
6/17/2011, 08:19 AM
Based on everything ive seen over 2 or 3 years, she is a worthless POS and will rot in hell one day.

Agreed.

And she looks it too.

The
6/17/2011, 08:19 AM
Too hot to be guilty.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/458035_f260.jpg

olevetonahill
6/17/2011, 08:23 AM
Too hot to be guilty.

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/458035_f260.jpg

I'd **** her for Old Glory :hot:

Jacie
6/17/2011, 11:19 AM
There is no doubt the girl is guilty, she somehow caused the death of her little girl. The devil is in proving it other than circumstantially. The other wrinkle is what CNN reporters keep talking about, juror #4, the one who didn't want to serve. She sat through the prosecution part of the trial but now that the defense is up, she furiously takes notes as if she already has decided to vote "not guilty" and is preparing her argument. I see a hung jury acquitting Casey, 11-1 (i.e. 11 guilty and 1 not guilty)

jumperstop
6/17/2011, 11:26 AM
Lets say she's found not guilty of murder, is there any way they can give her the max sentence for whatever crime not reporting your child missing for over a month is?

rekamrettuB
6/17/2011, 11:28 AM
Glad the US Open is on this week. I've had this damn trial on at my office for the past 2 weeks.

GKeeper316
6/17/2011, 11:30 AM
i think she did it...

but proving that beyond all shadow of a doubt in a court of law is a completely differet matter.

tom cruise said it best in a few good men... it doesn't matter what i believe, it only matters what i can prove.

rekamrettuB
6/17/2011, 11:35 AM
Lets say she's found not guilty of murder, is there any way they can give her the max sentence for whatever crime not reporting your child missing for over a month is?

Her defense is they found her in the pool...dead. So that would be disposing of a dead body. Not sure how much time is involved there but that's something they could charge her with.

cccasooner2
6/17/2011, 11:36 AM
The poll should reflect each and every charge. Guilty of what?

The
6/17/2011, 11:37 AM
The poll should reflect each and every charge. Guilty of what?

The only thing that poor girl is guilty of is being a HPOA.

jumperstop
6/17/2011, 11:42 AM
Her defense is they found her in the pool...dead. So that would be disposing of a dead body. Not sure how much time is involved there but that's something they could charge her with.

Ohh I haven't been watching all to closely. That's ****ing dumb...what parent who finds their kid dead in the pool hides the body and doesn't tell anybody for a month. I would think that would bring some kind of charge, hopefully a long ****ing time.

Penguin
6/17/2011, 12:04 PM
She probably did it, but I don't think "probably" is going to get murder one. There's no motive, no DNA, no fingerprints (other than a FBI detective's fingerprint on the duct tape), no evidence of previous child abuse, no "I wish this damn kid would stop killing my social life" statements, no smoking gun, and no witnesses. I'm sure the defense can poke a few holes in the prosecution's theory.

Is negligent homicide an option for the jury?

jumperstop
6/17/2011, 12:08 PM
She probably did it, but I don't think "probably" is going to get murder one. There's no motive, no DNA, no fingerprints (other than a FBI detective's fingerprint on the duct tape), no evidence of previous child abuse, no "I wish this damn kid would stop killing my social life" statements, no smoking gun, and no witnesses. I'm sure the defense can poke a few holes in the prosecution's theory.

Is negligent homicide an option for the jury?

No statements, but the pictures seem to say that. Again that's not proof though...

3rdgensooner
6/17/2011, 12:09 PM
I don't vote in public polls. ~DIB quoting Threegee
The only thing that poor girl is guilty of is being a HPOA.You have an affinity for crazy.

that's right, I said it.

OU Engineer
6/17/2011, 12:11 PM
The latest CNN story is hinting at "ripping the cover of a family full of lies" and that Casey was so effed up in the head because her father, a cop, sexually abused her when she was 8 and her mother beat her regularly.

I think if this is the truth, Casey is just as much of a victim as Caylee is, and though Casey shouldn't walk, the Grandparents need to be punished somehow....

Penguin
6/17/2011, 12:19 PM
The latest CNN story is hinting at "ripping the cover of a family full of lies" and that Casey was so effed up in the head because her father, a cop, sexually abused her when she was 8 and her mother beat her regularly.

I think if this is the truth, Casey is just as much of a victim as Caylee is, and though Casey shouldn't walk, the Grandparents need to be punished somehow....

Yeah, there is definitely a cloud over George Anthony. Everyone tries to imply that he is a retired cop, but that's a lie. He was a cop for nine years and then abruptly quit to become a security guard. WTF? There's only one reason to quit and take a huge demotion. I'm just speculating here, but, I bet he was about to be fired for some reason and he stepped down to keep that reason secret.

Dr. Drew dedicated a whole episode on the Anthony family a few weeks ago. This is a very f'ed up family.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/17/2011, 12:24 PM
I think she is guilty, however, I think that there are enough holes in the prosecution and the defense is throwing weird shi'ite out there that the jurors won't be able to determine the "truth" and she will be found not guilty.

Breadburner
6/17/2011, 12:26 PM
They found a body with duct tape over the mouth....She's ****ed....

The
6/17/2011, 12:31 PM
I don't vote in public polls. ~DIB quoting ThreegeeYou have an affinity for crazy.

that's right, I said it.

Well, duh. Why in the world do think we're BFFs?

3rdgensooner
6/17/2011, 12:37 PM
Well, duh. Why in the world do think we're BFFs?You have a point.

BTW, have you heard of this stuff: http://www.wired.co.uk/magazine/archive/2011/04/start/mind-controller

The
6/17/2011, 12:42 PM
Scopolamine is nasty ****.

Datura is the common way you get it round here, you prolly have some growing in a field close to you.

Isnay a pleasant high, unless you like to act like an ape on PCP for three days, and have little to no recollection of it.

3rdgensooner
6/17/2011, 12:43 PM
Scopolamine is nasty ****.

Datura is the common way you get it round here, you prolly have some growing in a field close to you.

Isnay a pleasant high, unless you like to act like an ape on PCP for three days, and have little to no recollection of it.
I gathered it was nasty stuff.

And thank you for living up to my image of you by knowing the answer to that question.

The
6/17/2011, 12:45 PM
I gathered it was nasty stuff.

And thank you for living up to my image of you by knowing the answer to that question.

http://i.imgur.com/uFCzA.gif

rekamrettuB
6/17/2011, 03:14 PM

So, if they head down this path, are they admiting she did it and asking for the crazy plea?

StoopTroup
6/17/2011, 07:26 PM
Dr. Drew feels bad for her Mom and Dad as they loved their Grandchild and had their Daughter throw them under the bus. Can you imagine having to be in that courtroom and want to know what happened to your Grandchild, want to try and make sure your Daughter doesn't go to Prison and be blamed for her problems and have reporters putting cameras and really awful questions presented to you?

This isn't why people have kids....

olevetonahill
6/17/2011, 07:41 PM
Dr. Drew feels bad for her Mom and Dad as they loved their Grandchild and had their Daughter throw them under the bus. Can you imagine having to be in that courtroom and want to know what happened to your Grandchild, want to try and make sure your Daughter doesn't go to Prison and be blamed for her problems and have reporters putting cameras and really awful questions presented to you?

This isn't why people have kids....

Yer Right, They have kids cause they STUPID :D

soonerloyal
6/17/2011, 07:51 PM
For those of us who live here in the middle of it, it can't get over fast enough.
It is broadcast live on 3 different channels down here, and the top of every newspaper and newscast each day.

Amen, Brother. I'm so sick of it I could run screaming down the street. I refuse to read/watch anything the media says about the whole thing, and that's hard to do. I can't even open the Sentinel to grab the Sports or Home sections without the topic assaulting my eyes.

I was rather hoping I'd be called to sit on that jury. Crime forensic study fascinates me though, and I believe that I could be fair. I could truthfully approach it without all the BS the majority seems drowned in about it. I just can't be fascinated by the case itself, and I can't wrap my mind around why others are.

I'm not good on the death penalty as a whole*, but I think I could give it.

*I'll just cut you off at the chase...why, yes, I HAVE had a family member murdered so there goes that.

StoopTroup
6/17/2011, 07:52 PM
Yer Right, They have kids cause they STUPID :D

It's because her Dad wasn't awake....lol

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3265599&postcount=1

nighttrain12
6/17/2011, 08:15 PM
i think she did it...

but proving that beyond all shadow of a doubt in a court of law is a completely differet matter.

tom cruise said it best in a few good men... it doesn't matter what i believe, it only matters what i can prove.

The legal criteria is beyond a reasonable doubt.

Penguin
6/17/2011, 08:23 PM
The legal criteria is beyond a reasonable doubt.

What about beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt? Or beyond the doubt of a reasonable shadow?

cccasooner2
6/17/2011, 08:52 PM
What about beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt? Or beyond the doubt of a reasonable shadow?

It must be reasonable, otherwise, it would be a travesty of a mockery of a sham.

8WXSW5w_8Xg&NR

King Barry's Back
6/18/2011, 12:17 AM

I don't like to be so judgmental, at least in writing, but that's about how I see it.

But if you believe in hell, you have to believe in redemption, and who knows how those years to come in prison will affect her?

StoopTroup
6/18/2011, 12:31 AM
I think it's fair to say then that she is innocent until proven guilty?

King Barry's Back
6/18/2011, 12:33 AM

Yeah, that's LEGALLY fair.

But in reality, she either did it, or did not. And I am not buying her story that she found the baby in the pool, unless the little girl liked to swim with duct tape on her face. And even the defense never argued this. Yet.

Collier11
6/18/2011, 12:52 AM
I don't like to be so judgmental, at least in writing, but that's about how I see it.

But if you believe in hell, you have to believe in redemption, and who knows how those years to come in prison will affect her?

very rarely do you see what is such an open and shut case, having said that, I am not the one to judge her in the end...whether you judge in writing or in private doesnt really matter, not supposed to judge either way :D

StoopTroup
6/18/2011, 12:54 AM
Yep.....she's got her a nice jury....she doesn't need a bunch of Nancy Gracers to help out.....lol

SCOUT
6/18/2011, 01:13 AM

Isn't the proper phrase, "innocent unless proven guilty?" The distinction to me is the presumption of innocence that we are supposed to have. It's not a big deal. In fact, I would be curious if anyone knows if there is a legal difference.

StoopTroup
6/18/2011, 01:14 AM
Hell if I know....I think it's going to be a mistrial

hawaii 5-0
6/18/2011, 01:25 AM
I think all those Google Searches on her computer for "chloroform" don't look good for her.

5-0

Trump/ Walker 2012

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/18/2011, 03:38 AM
I just hope they don't ever admit my google searches in court...

Curly Bill
6/18/2011, 05:36 PM
I just hope they don't ever admit my google searches in court...

:D

Frozen Sooner
6/18/2011, 09:57 PM
There is no doubt the girl is guilty, she somehow caused the death of her little girl. The devil is in proving it other than circumstantially. The other wrinkle is what CNN reporters keep talking about, juror #4, the one who didn't want to serve. She sat through the prosecution part of the trial but now that the defense is up, she furiously takes notes as if she already has decided to vote "not guilty" and is preparing her argument. I see a hung jury acquitting Casey, 11-1 (i.e. 11 guilty and 1 not guilty)

You can convict someone on circumstantial evidence alone. The criteria is to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt, not prove the case with more than circumstantial evidence. If a juror is convinced BARD by circumstantial evidence (as happens in courtrooms every day) they may vote to convict and the verdict will not be overturned on those grounds.

i think she did it...

As has already been pointed out, this is the incorrect legal standard for conviction. It's a BIG difference between that and BARD. Ask your dad.

Penguin
6/23/2011, 02:06 PM
Are you people watching this? Cindy Anthony, the grandmother, is now saying that she is the one that did all of those computer searches!!!!

The prosecution is flipping out! Drama!

Cheez-It
6/23/2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe Oprah can get the "whole" story for us.

The
6/23/2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe Oprah can get the "whole" story for us.

I'd get Casey's hole.

Cheez-It
6/23/2011, 02:26 PM
I'd get Casey's hole.

Yes dear. We know.

cccasooner2
6/23/2011, 04:19 PM
I think all those Google Searches on her computer for "chloroform" don't look good for her.

5-0

Trump/ Walker 2012

Her mom fessed up to those in court today. Why would she lie? ;)

Oops, the Penguin beat me to it.

northspeter
6/23/2011, 04:22 PM
Her mom fessed up to those in court today. Why would she lie? ;)

Oops, the Penguin beat me to it.

didnt the prosecution prove that grandma was not at home during the time of the searches though...

what an effed up family...

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 04:29 PM
I wonder what Geraldo thinks about the little slut now?

mgsooner
6/23/2011, 04:39 PM
I predict that she needs accutane.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/bonnieolson/bellavita2.jpg

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 04:47 PM
I predict that she needs accutane.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/bonnieolson/bellavita2.jpg

I'm gonna go with Thorazine

mgsooner
6/23/2011, 04:52 PM
Nothing hotter than lower back acne.

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 04:54 PM
Maybe it's just a reaction to anal lube.

OU Adonis
6/23/2011, 06:16 PM
Maybe it's just a reaction to anal lube.

Need an expert witness on this.

Sic'em?

rekamrettuB
6/23/2011, 07:24 PM
didnt the prosecution prove that grandma was not at home during the time of the searches though...

what an effed up family...

The grandma changed her tune stating her mind is better now than it was in 2009. She stated she performed the searches and might have been home during those times.

Viking Kitten
6/23/2011, 07:42 PM
Nothing hotter than lower back acne.

Not to mention backfat. Yuck.

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 08:22 PM
More pushing for the cushion.....lol

Boomer.....
6/23/2011, 08:30 PM
So much for the hot body contests that she was competing in.

StoopTroup
6/23/2011, 08:47 PM
Maybe those are whip marks?

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 02:42 PM
She's looking at me and raising her eyebrow at me....

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 02:43 PM
A motion to stop the Death penalty in this case has been made.

soonerchk
6/27/2011, 02:50 PM
The grandma changed her tune stating her mind is better now than it was in 2009. She stated she performed the searches and might have been home during those times.

Yes, and those silly time cards she signed stating she was at work when the searches happened on her home computer are all lies.

Bitch is guilty and will probably get away with it.

DIB
6/27/2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, and those silly time cards she signed stating she was at work when the searches happened on her home computer are all lies.

Damn! I guess that conjugal visit schedule that The and I worked out is worthless, now.

soonerchk
6/27/2011, 02:57 PM
Damn! I guess that conjugal visit schedule that The and I worked out is worthless, now.

You can still visit each other.

The
6/27/2011, 02:58 PM
FREE CASEY!
for my penis!

OUMallen
6/27/2011, 03:01 PM
http://buzzreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Casey-Anthony-Personal-Photo-Sexy.jpg

cccasooner2
6/27/2011, 03:10 PM

Now the two of you can make "protocol" for the DPs with her.

DIB
6/27/2011, 03:11 PM
Now the two of you can make "protocol" for the DPs with her.

I don't know what this means, but it still gave me a semi.

The
6/27/2011, 03:15 PM
I don't know what this means, but it still gave me a semi.

No ****, I'm rubbing myself right now.

3rdgensooner
6/27/2011, 03:21 PM
No ****, I'm rubbing myself right now.When aren't you?

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 03:38 PM

Her changing her story makes her look more guity. This trial has been mishandled on so many levels it will either be a mistrial or hung jury.

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 03:40 PM
They are now watching a video of a failed attempt to find Caylee's remains. What's the point of this? The defense is trying to overload the jury with a bunch of nothing and confuse them I think.

soonerchk
6/27/2011, 03:44 PM
I would be tempted to bitchslap the defense attorneys into next week. Possibly one of the reasons I'm not an actual judge?

AlbqSooner
6/27/2011, 04:54 PM
Her changing her story makes her look more guity. This trial has been mishandled on so many levels it will either be a mistrial or hung jury.

Her story given the other day is essentially the same as she gave to the Police during questioning in 2009. It is also essentially the same as she gave the Assistant State Attorney during a deposition in 2009. As a salaried employee, her time card would not necessarily reflect the exact times during which she was at work. Seems like the mishandling in this instance falls at the feet of the State. Since 2009 they have not followed up to see what the employer time sheets actually reflect and how they are interepreted by the company.

Could you please enlighten us on what type of hung jury is not a mistrial? TIA

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 04:59 PM
They are now watching a video of a failed attempt to find Caylee's remains. What's the point of this? The defense is trying to overload the jury with a bunch of nothing and confuse them I think.

So the Defense should just sit idle and let the Prosecution just get her ready for a nice drug injection?

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 05:04 PM
i think she did it...

As has already been pointed out, this is the incorrect legal standard for conviction. It's a BIG difference between that and BARD. Ask your dad.

GKeeper's Dad is Tom Cruise?

Penguin
6/27/2011, 05:13 PM
So the Defense should just sit idle and let the Prosecution just get her ready for a nice drug injection?

Yeah, this damn American justice system sure is terrible! I suggest we convert over to Iran's justice system. You get arrested and they give you a prison sentence the next day! :D

crawfish
6/27/2011, 05:31 PM
If she's found innocent, what's the over/under for how long it will take her to have a deal with Playboy?

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 05:37 PM
If she's found innocent, what's the over/under for how long it will take her to have a deal with Playboy?

I promise you this....I'll not spend one penny to see it if they do.

Turd_Ferguson
6/27/2011, 05:52 PM
I promise you this....I'll not spend one penny to see it if they do.I won't either....I'll look at it on line. However, the back acne is kinda gross'n me out...

Mongo
6/27/2011, 06:04 PM
I won't either....I'll look at it on line. However, the back acne is kinda gross'n me out...

they'll airbrush that out

olevetonahill
6/27/2011, 06:06 PM
Look for her in something like Hustler er some real Low rent rag.

Turd_Ferguson
6/27/2011, 06:33 PM
Look for her in something like Hustler er some real Low rent rag.Heh. At least Hustler show's ya the little man in the canoe...

Soonerson1975
6/27/2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe Hustler can work out a deal with her to do an interracial pictorial with OJ.

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 06:40 PM
Could you please enlighten us on what type of hung jury is not a mistrial? TIA

Can you have a mistrial that's not a hung jury?

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 06:42 PM

Never said they are doing a bad job. I think they are going to get her off. it just makes me sick that so much stuff is entered into the jurors minds that really have little to nothing to do with the truth.

soonerchk
6/27/2011, 07:02 PM
Never said they are doing a bad job. I think they are going to get her off. it just makes me sick that so much stuff is entered into the jurors minds that really have little to nothing to do with the truth.

Like the accusations of sexual abuse which have not yet been followed up on, even though her brother was on the stand for a day or so?

StoopTroup
6/27/2011, 07:49 PM
Heh. At least Hustler show's ya the little man in the canoe...

What's that?

cccasooner2
6/27/2011, 09:06 PM
What's that?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/094/8/b/Little_Man_In_The_Canoe_by_cajunattack.jpg

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2011, 09:06 PM
Can you have a mistrial that's not a hung jury?

Yes.

For example, juror misconduct can lead to a mistrial. As can party misconduct. Neither are hung juries, as they may not even reach the jury charges.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2011, 09:07 PM
GKeeper's Dad is Tom Cruise?

GKeeper's dad is the legal genius who claims that mortgages aren't contracts because there's no consideration.

rekamrettuB
6/27/2011, 09:15 PM
Yes.

For example, juror misconduct can lead to a mistrial. As can party misconduct. Neither are hung juries, as they may not even reach the jury charges.

Exactly. Thank you.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2011, 09:27 PM
Exactly. Thank you.

I'm curious what you think you've proven here.

Albq is (naturally, considering his legal experience) correct that it's redundant to say either mistrial or hung jury. A hung jury is a mistrial. It's like saying "His weight is either between 100-300lbs, or between 150-200lbs."

Penguin
6/27/2011, 09:43 PM
I declare this entire thread a mistrial..... WITH prejudice!!!1!!

rekamrettuB
6/28/2011, 09:51 AM
I'm curious what you think you've proven here.

Albq is (naturally, considering his legal experience) correct that it's redundant to say either mistrial or hung jury. A hung jury is a mistrial. It's like saying "His weight is either between 100-300lbs, or between 150-200lbs."

I understand, as most do, that a hung jury is a mistrial but there are other ways to land a mistrial. If the only way a mistrial could exist is from a hung jury then it would be redundant. I was simply narrowing the scope of a mistrial.

Dan Thompson
6/28/2011, 09:57 AM
If my wife did not see or hear anything about our grandson for a couple of days, she would be very worried.

So the grandparents did not think much of not having any news for a month?

JLEW1818
6/28/2011, 10:00 AM
lethal all of them

The
6/28/2011, 10:09 AM
If my wife did not see or hear anything about our grandson for a couple of days, she would be very worried.

So the grandparents did not think much of not having any news for a month?

They killed the kid.

Poor Casey has been in jail for 3 years, covering for them.

Penguin
6/28/2011, 10:23 AM
Roy Kronk is taking the stand.

The
6/28/2011, 10:24 AM

What a terrible, unfortunate name.

Penguin
6/28/2011, 10:38 AM
What a terrible, unfortunate name.

You better not be talking about my name, you stinking, inbred, hillbilly! :mad:

3rdgensooner
6/28/2011, 10:39 AM
You better not be talking about my name, you stinking, inbred, hillbilly! :mad:He's more of a stinking, inbred, bohemian.

rekamrettuB
6/28/2011, 10:41 AM

And he looks like a Roy Kronk. If you told me a "Roy Kronk" was coming in and wanted me to draw him w/out seeing him prior, I would have come pretty darn close.

The
6/28/2011, 10:54 AM
You better not be talking about my name, you stinking, inbred, hillbilly! :mad:

Are you qalso a Kronk?

Penguin
6/28/2011, 11:01 AM
Are you qalso a Kronk?

No, I do not eat queso on a Tuesday. It's against my Kronk religion.

The
6/28/2011, 11:02 AM
No, I do not eat queso on a Tuesday. It's against my Kronk religion.

So... you're saying that you're a.....

Kronkite?
http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2009/news/090629/walter-cronkite.jpg

Mongo
6/28/2011, 11:08 AM
I am gonna need to see back shots of the Amanda Knox to decide which killer girl I would rather conjugal

Penguin
6/29/2011, 01:48 PM
The Kronkster is back on the stand!!!!!

OU_Sooners75
6/29/2011, 01:54 PM
Guilty...but she will most likely win an appeal on incompetence from her defense team.

I am no attorney, nor pretend to be one....but why in the hell would a defense attorney even turn the burden of proof against yourself by saying that the child died accidentally in their pool and whatever else they said in their opening statment.

Sure the opening and closing statements are not evidence, but to even suggest anything other than what the prosecution is presenting seems to make it where the defense must provide the burden of proof.

Hell, I would have just said at the opening statement something about there is no clear evidence that the state can show that shows without reasonable doubt that Casey Anthony committed a capital crime.

Guilty...but wins an appeal more than likely.

OU_Sooners75
6/29/2011, 01:59 PM
They found a skeleton with duct tape over the mouth....She's ****ed....

FIFY

OU_Sooners75
6/29/2011, 02:02 PM
nvm

OU_Sooners75
6/29/2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that's LEGALLY fair.

But in reality, she either did it, or did not. And I am not buying her story that she found the baby in the pool, unless the little girl liked to swim with duct tape on her face. And even the defense never argued this. Yet.

They really do not have to argue it either. All they have to do is lay seeds of doubt in the Prosecution's theory and hope the jury buys it.

I think her defense team is in way to far over their head though.

BU BEAR
6/29/2011, 04:20 PM
...but she will most likely win an appeal on incompetence from her defense team.

Not a snowball's chance on a hot plate of her winning a point of appeal in which she claims ineffective counsel. None.

Frozen Sooner
6/29/2011, 06:34 PM
I am no attorney, nor pretend to be one....but why in the hell would a defense attorney even turn the burden of proof against yourself by saying that the child died accidentally in their pool and whatever else they said in their opening statment.

Sure the opening and closing statements are not evidence, but to even suggest anything other than what the prosecution is presenting seems to make it where the defense must provide the burden of proof.

The burden of proof does not shift to the defense unless they present an affirmative defense. This is not an affirmative defense.

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 06:38 PM
I wonder if she wears a thong in court?

cccasooner2
6/29/2011, 10:38 PM
The burden of proof does not shift to the defense unless they present an affirmative defense. This is not an affirmative defense.

Right, no alllegations made in opening (or closing) statements are evidence. As such, unless evidence is presented during the trial to support any allegation whether prosecutorial or defensive means the allegation is false/not-relevant and must be ignored by the jury. At least that is my understanding and was the way we handled the BS on the four cases I was involved with. (IIRC, the jury instructions say this, or something to that effect.)

StoopTroup
6/29/2011, 10:46 PM
I like when she giggles.

AlbqSooner
6/30/2011, 08:42 AM

That is a correct statement of the law. However, 75 has stated an accurate gut feeling of most jurors. They are waiting for the defense attorney to give them evidence of what he said. If they do not get it, they WILL hold that against the Defendant.

AlbqSooner
6/30/2011, 08:46 AM
Not a snowball's chance on a hot plate of her winning a point of appeal in which she claims ineffective counsel. None.

I respectfully disagree. There have been several gaffes by defense counsel in failure to object, failure to create a record which will preserve certain objections for appeal, and other general buffoonery. Even if there is no single point sufficient to require a reversal for ineffective assistance of counsel, the cumulative effect will reach that threshold IMHO.

OUMallen
6/30/2011, 09:23 AM
I respectfully disagree. There have been several gaffes by defense counsel in failure to object, failure to create a record which will preserve certain objections for appeal, and other general buffoonery. Even if there is no single point sufficient to require a reversal for ineffective assistance of counsel, the cumulative effect will reach that threshold IMHO.

Good lord, how much of the trial have you been watching?? :pop:

texaspokieokie
6/30/2011, 09:26 AM
i DGAS. how does this get to be so sensational ????
stuff happens every day that is this bad. this is kinda unique.

tell me when it's over.

BU BEAR
6/30/2011, 10:06 AM

If Casey Anthony is convicted, she would have to show on appeal that:

1. Counsel was deficient/ineffective; and

2. That she was prejudiced (in other words that their would have been a different result but not for her attorneys ineffectiveness or that she did not receive a fair trial because of counsel's ineffectiveness)

To give you an idea of how high the hurdle is for ineffective counsel:

1. An attorney slept through portions of defendant's trial and this was not sufficient to constitute ineffective counsel

2. Murder defendant's attorney was an alcoholic and this was not sufficient

3. Defense attorney used narcotics during trial and this by itself was insufficient

4. Attorney allowed criminal defendant to wear same clothes to trial as he used when he committed the crime and this was not sufficient to constitute ineffective counsel.

Ineffective counsel is a high bar to meet and Ms. Anthony's attorneys have probably rendered competent representation and counsel. It is pretty hard to look like a great attorney when your client presents you bad facts. Said differently, bad athletes can make even Barry Switzer look like John Blake.

AlbqSooner
6/30/2011, 03:03 PM

I practiced law for 20 years, including trying a total of 9 first degree murder cases, 3 of which were death penalty cases.

I was hospitalized on May 3 of this year and underwent surgery. I was allowed by my doctor to return home on June 16. I was allowed by my doctor to resume driving on June 28. I have been told by my doctor that I may return to work on July 5. Hence, I have watched a hell of a lot of this trial.

Why do you ask?

BU BEAR
6/30/2011, 03:19 PM
I practiced law for 20 years, including trying a total of 9 first degree murder cases, 3 of which were death penalty cases.

I was hospitalized on May 3 of this year and underwent surgery. I was allowed by my doctor to return home on June 16. I was allowed by my doctor to resume driving on June 28. I have been told by my doctor that I may return to work on July 5. Hence, I have watched a hell of a lot of this trial.

Why do you ask?

Since you are an attorney and all...

What specifically did the defense team do or omit to do that would make ineffective counsel a probable winner on appeal?

OU_Sooners75
6/30/2011, 03:22 PM
:gary:

olevetonahill
6/30/2011, 03:25 PM

What specifically did the defense team do or omit to do that would make ineffective counsel a probable winner on appeal?

One thing, he dint say he was still a practicing attorney.

He also dint say any one specific cause, he said the Cumulative.

Hell i aint a lawyer and I understood what he said.:rolleyes:
Pay Tention

cccasooner2
6/30/2011, 03:33 PM
Stalker fingered the prosecuter today and was sentenced to 6 days in jail and $600+. Some guys just want Casey to have their baby and kill it. Now that's what would be called being a good sport.

Mjcpr
6/30/2011, 03:34 PM
Stalker fingered the prosecuter today and was sentenced to 6 days in jail and $600+.

He should consider himself lucky. I got 6 months probation for that at a party one time.

olevetonahill
6/30/2011, 03:35 PM
Ya poor fools, I got a 'Get outa Jail Free card':cool:

BU BEAR
6/30/2011, 03:42 PM
One thing, he dint say he was still a practicing attorney.

He also dint say any one specific cause, he said the Cumulative.

It is gonna be pretty hard to keep the appellate court's attention with an argument that says, "My client is entitled to a new trial because almost everything that the defense did was wrong." There has to be something that can pointed to in order to make the case that she did not receive effective counsel.

WichitaSooner
6/30/2011, 03:47 PM
Am I the only one that keeps checking updates to this thread just in case there are more pics of that crazy beyotch posted?

The
6/30/2011, 03:49 PM
Am I the only one that keeps checking updates to this thread just in case there are more pics of that crazy beyotch posted?

Nope.

Mjcpr
Nope.

Why would he care?

AlbqSooner

Provide me with a certified copy of the transcript and a $50K retainer and I will have your answer posted within 45 days. Or, if you prefer I could peem it to you.:D

The
6/30/2011, 03:52 PM
Why would he care?

Why wouldn't he?

Mjcpr
6/30/2011, 03:52 PM
Nope does not care for beyotches.

BU BEAR
6/30/2011, 03:53 PM
Provide me with a certified copy of the transcript and a $50K retainer and I will have your answer posted within 45 days. Or, if you prefer I could peem it to you.:D

Ok. Nothing jumps out at you.

The
6/30/2011, 03:53 PM
Nope does not care for beyotches.

What? Are you stoned on bath salts again?

Mjcpr
6/30/2011, 03:56 PM
You probably are not aware of Nope. Most likely due to your newb status.

Carry on with your pics and whatnot.

Mongo
6/30/2011, 03:57 PM
Nope likes chicks that are men and have penises

WichitaSooner
6/30/2011, 04:02 PM
Nope.

Okay good... I don't feel so weird now.

JohnnyMack
6/30/2011, 04:03 PM
Nope wants The butt sechs.

The
6/30/2011, 04:04 PM
You probably are not aware of Nope. Most likely due to your newb status.

Carry on with your pics and whatnot.

You don't tell me what to do, sjkdfbjvbwesvb.

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 05:06 PM

LMAO:pop:

OUMallen
6/30/2011, 05:23 PM

I'll just leave this here (again).

http://buzzreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Casey-Anthony-Personal-Photo-Sexy.jpg

Penguin
6/30/2011, 05:23 PM
Answer me this: Why didn't the defense make a big deal about the chloroform? I can't imagine it's easy to get a hold of.

Did she order it off the internet? Then there must be a paper/electronic trail!

Did somebody give it to her? Then, there must be a witness who says that they gave her chloroform or at least a witness that could say that she was asking around for chloroform.

Did she make it? Well, CNN had a chemist on a few nights ago and he stated that if you cook up the recipe needed to create the chloroform, then it will stink up the house for days. Did Cindy or George ever notice a strong chemical odor in their house?

Why didn't the defense force the prosecution to come up with a theory for how Casey got a hold of chloroform?

StoopTroup
6/30/2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=buy+chloroform&revid=-1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=627&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4496226390257315550&sa=X&ei=dfkMTqOVOaSpsALU8LWxCg&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAQ

Penguin
6/30/2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=buy+chloroform&revid=-1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1366&bih=627&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=4496226390257315550&sa=X&ei=dfkMTqOVOaSpsALU8LWxCg&ved=0CCUQ8wIwAQ

Order it, pay for it, and get it shipped to you all without leaving an electronic trail.

MelloYello
6/30/2011, 05:49 PM
I'll just leave this here (again).

Don't know which psycho killer I want to bone more, Casey Anthony or Amanda Knox.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/1/2011, 02:25 AM

Hope no one you love dies now...way to go...

OUMallen
7/1/2011, 09:21 AM
Don't know which psycho killer I want to bone more, Casey Anthony or Amanda Knox.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/06/12/image5082769x.jpg

I'm going with Casey Anthony.

rekamrettuB
7/1/2011, 09:23 AM
Are you bangin' 'em out with their prison issues on?

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/06/12/image5082769x.jpg

I'm going with Casey Anthony.

OUMallen
7/1/2011, 09:25 AM
Are you bangin' 'em out with their prison issues on?

You bet- I like them to resemble men.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 01:45 PM
Let's review this for just a second.

Dead Kid

Mother Not Guilty

Who did it then ?

yankee
7/5/2011, 01:48 PM
We need another Casey Anthony thread. 3 at the very top is not enough. Bump.

Fraggle145
7/5/2011, 01:49 PM
What's really funny (regardless of the situation which is tragic) is watching my facebook feed and all of the stay-at-home moms just freaking out about this.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 01:51 PM
I think this is a huge verdict for a case involving a child's death. If there were 100 threads it wouldn't matter to me.

sooner_born_1960
7/5/2011, 01:53 PM
Let's review this for just a second.

Dead Kid

Mother Not Guilty

Who did it then ?

I'd say the jury bought the accident explanation.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 01:58 PM
The Parents got up and walked out of the Courtroom right after the verdict. They didn't go over and congratulate her, they didn't hug her, they didn't even give her the finger.

cccasooner2
7/5/2011, 02:05 PM
The Parents got up and walked out of the Courtroom right after the verdict. They didn't go over and congratulate her, they didn't hug her, they didn't even give her the finger.

LOL. :D

Partial Qualifier
7/5/2011, 02:06 PM

I haven't been following this very closely, but that (to me) speaks volumes.

They're all in on the same lie(s), and/or the grandparents are guilty of something.

rekamrettuB
7/5/2011, 02:58 PM
I'd say the jury bought the accident explanation.

Nah...I think there wasn't enough hard evidence against her. I'm surprised she didn't get hit w/ some sort of negligent manslaughter. Not sure if there is such a thing or if verdict #3 covered that but she's guilty of more than just lying to investigators. The girl didn't end up in the family's garbage bags and duct type by accident.

StoopTroup
7/5/2011, 03:04 PM
I can't believe they didn't give her an altered sentence instead of the First Degree Murder. I thought there were laws in covering up even an accidental drowning. I guess the Prosecution went a certain way and they just didn't nail her.

OUMallen
7/5/2011, 03:05 PM
I can't believe they didn't give her an altered sentence instead of the First Degree Murder. I thought there were laws in covering up even an accidental drowning. I guess the Prosecution went a certain way and they just didn't nail her.

She was found guilty of four counts of lying to police.

BU BEAR
7/5/2011, 03:08 PM
She was found guilty of four counts of lying to police.

I have done that before.

Officer: "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Me: "No idea. I was not doing anything wrong."

rekamrettuB
7/5/2011, 03:09 PM
What makes me laugh is the defense team and their poop eating grins...they didn't win the case. Whoever killed and buried the girl won the case. There wasn't enough evidence. I think if the defense didn't get up and say anything that there was some reasonable doubt in the area of lack of evidence.

Oh, and the old attorney (don't know his name) scolding the media and the attorneys that were giving their opinions on TV...what a doosh nozzle. Baez said exactly what the old dude should have said right off the bat...there are no winners, Caley Anthony is still dead.

Penguin
7/5/2011, 03:18 PM
Oh, and the old attorney (don't know his name) scolding the media and the attorneys that were giving their opinions on TV...what a doosh nozzle.

Oh, you're out to lunch. Cheney Mason is my new hero. Flip it over to Nancy Grace right now if you want to see a true doosh nozzle. She's talking like it's worse than 9/11.

soonerloyal
7/5/2011, 03:18 PM

They stayed after the verdict until a police officer spoke to them as if they'd received a message or were perhaps offered an escort safe from the crowds. Casey Anthony was kept in custody to be positively IDd (refingerprinted) after the guilty verdicts and was to be kept in police custody. Apparently her parents would not have been allowed contact with her until she was finished with court proceedings, and back in jail and only after an approved visitation arrangement.

MOOFWIW: A cluster**** of massive human tragedy for all concerned. There's nothing good that comes from any of this. A sweet little baby girl is no longer living and that's where my heartbreak lies. I won't waste time trying to judge what I'm not fit to.

Thank you to the jurors for doing your citizen's duty. You were in a very difficult situation and none of us can say with truth that we'd have done it any better.

rekamrettuB
7/5/2011, 03:21 PM
Oh, you're out to lunch. Cheney Mason is my new hero. Flip it over to Nancy Grace right now if you want to see a true doosh nozzle. She's talking like it's worse than 9/11.

Anyone that brings 9/11 into the fold is nuts. Compare to OJ or Peterson or the like but come one...9/11?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/6/2011, 12:23 AM
I think she is guilty, however, I think that there are enough holes in the prosecution and the defense is throwing weird shi'ite out there that the jurors won't be able to determine the "truth" and she will be found not guilty.

Man, I must have ESP or was psychically link to a juror...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:37 AM
They stayed after the verdict until a police officer spoke to them as if they'd received a message or were perhaps offered an escort safe from the crowds. Casey Anthony was kept in custody to be positively IDd (refingerprinted) after the guilty verdicts and was to be kept in police custody. Apparently her parents would not have been allowed contact with her until she was finished with court proceedings, and back in jail and only after an approved visitation arrangement.

MOOFWIW: A cluster**** of massive human tragedy for all concerned. There's nothing good that comes from any of this. A sweet little baby girl is no longer living and that's where my heartbreak lies. I won't waste time trying to judge what I'm not fit to.

Thank you to the jurors for doing your citizen's duty. You were in a very difficult situation and none of us can say with truth that we'd have done it any better.

It's been a tragedy since that little girl went missing. Unfortunately I don't think it's over until a murderer is found or that whole family is with that little girl or on their way to where People who don't make heaven go.

hawaii 5-0
7/6/2011, 01:08 AM
I'm more than a little shocked she got away from child abuse/neglect at the LEAST.

5-0

Trump/ Glenda 2012

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/6/2011, 01:31 AM
Nancy Grace can shut her mouth...It is people like her and the media that got Casey Anthony off in the first place. They had a an adorable little girl and cute mom and they wen bat **** crazy. Little children get killed in this country all of the time. But does the media cover it when it is a little black or mexican kid with a mom who is fat and has no teeth. They made this into a circus. This trial would have been over 3 years ago if the media could have kept their damn nose out of ****.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 10:04 AM
Nancy Grace can shut her mouth...It is people like her and the media that got Casey Anthony off in the first place. They had a an adorable little girl and cute mom and they wen bat **** crazy. Little children get killed in this country all of the time. But does the media cover it when it is a little black or mexican kid with a mom who is fat and has no teeth. They made this into a circus. This trial would have been over 3 years ago if the media could have kept their damn nose out of ****.

How did NG or the media get Casey an innocent verdict?

The jury was sequestered and had no tv or papers...

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/6/2011, 11:37 AM
When was the jury sequestered and no tv and paper rights? Or have they been like that for 3 years too...

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 11:50 AM
When was the jury sequestered and no tv and paper rights? Or have they been like that for 3 years too...

Damn...if they were influenced by the media in the prior three years they would have been more apt to vote guilty...since that is what the media has been saying since day one...even though they had little fact to base their opinions...

The bulk of the "evidence" came out during the trial...

Prospective jurors are asked if they know about the trial...

This is the reply from one of the prospective jurors...

12th juror selected

The 12th prospective juror in the Casey Anthony trial was selected this morning — a milestone after 10 days of jury selection in Pinellas County.

But a jury has not been sworn in yet — something that might happen Friday.

Earlier today, Juror 3310, emerged as the 12th possible juror.

He is a 57-year-old Verizon employee and said he had little knowledge of the case, stating only that he knew the names "Casey Anthony" and "Caylee."

"I don't really know any of the details, and I do believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty," he said.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/6/2011, 12:00 PM
All I am saying is that if Sheeiquwa Harris killed her kid Kunta Kinta Lavonte Harris. Was out partying on that Purple Drank two days after the death. They found the baby with duct tape...that jury would have sent her down the river so fast...and the trial would have been 3 weeks after the fact not 3 years...

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:00 PM
Damn...if they were influenced by the media in the prior three years they would have been more apt to vote guilty...since that is what the media has been saying since day one...even though they had little fact to base their opinions...

The bulk of the "evidence" came out during the trial...

Prospective jurors are asked if they know about the trial...

This is the reply from one of the prospective jurors...

12th juror selected

The 12th prospective juror in the Casey Anthony trial was selected this morning — a milestone after 10 days of jury selection in Pinellas County.

But a jury has not been sworn in yet — something that might happen Friday.

Earlier today, Juror 3310, emerged as the 12th possible juror.

He is a 57-year-old Verizon employee and said he had little knowledge of the case, stating only that he knew the names "Casey Anthony" and "Caylee."

"I don't really know any of the details, and I do believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty," he said.

And another one said he knew his Wife had been following it and stated he didn't wish to be on the jury? They selected him anyway

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 12:03 PM
Saturday Night Live should be funny.

OUMallen
7/6/2011, 12:03 PM
I'm more than a little shocked she got away from child abuse/neglect at the LEAST.

5-0

Trump/ Glenda 2012

We were too, but after thinking about it, you have to be able to point to a specific instance of the neglect or abuse, which the prosecution couldn't do.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:15 PM
And another one said he knew his Wife had been following it and stated he didn't wish to be on the jury? They selected him anyway

Some will get through...they try to weed out as many as possible...

But the fact is that media was not playing the innocent side so if there was influence is would more than likely lead to guilty verdict...

DIB
7/6/2011, 12:20 PM
Some will get through...they try to weed out as many as possible...

But the fact is that media was not playing the innocent side so if there was influence is would more than likely lead to guilty verdict...

I could also see it having the opposite effect. If you are a jury that has heard for 3 years that she is guilty of murder, you would develop pretty high expectations regarding the evidence. You expect the state to provide the proverbial smoking gun. If you expect hard evidence, and you get the circumstantial evidence instead, it might cause you to look even more critically at the evidence.

Of course, I could be reading way too much into this.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:23 PM
Read up on the Cinnamon Brown case...it puts this one to shame...it is absolutely mind boggling...

http://articles.latimes.com/keyword/cinnamon-brown

pphilfran
I could also see it having the opposite effect. If you are a jury that has heard for 3 years that she is guilty of murder, you would develop pretty high expectations regarding the evidence. You expect the state to provide the proverbial smoking gun. If you expect hard evidence, and you get the circumstantial evidence instead, it might cause you to look even more critically at the evidence.

What evidence?

Penguin
All I am saying is that if Sheeiquwa Harris killed her kid Kunta Kinta Lavonte Harris. Was out partying on that Purple Drank two days after the death. They found the baby with duct tape...that jury would have sent her down the river so fast...and the trial would have been 3 weeks after the fact not 3 years...

FREE SHEEIQUWA!!!!!

BU BEAR
7/6/2011, 12:27 PM

That is what some people like to think, but I know otherwise from personal experience. I have seen some non-Caucasians beat serious raps even though the evidence could have led the jury to a different conclusion.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:28 PM

The vast majority of those apposed to the verdict were influenced by the media...

How the hell did so many people become dead set on her being guilty prior to the trial and not seeing any actual evidence...if your thought process was correct the vast majority of people would think she was innocent...this thread tends to prove my theory...

DIB
7/6/2011, 12:41 PM
The vast majority of those apposed to the verdict were influenced by the media...

How the hell did so many people become dead set on her being guilty prior to the trial and not seeing any actual evidence...if your thought process was correct the vast majority of people would think she was innocent...this thread tends to prove my theory...

I am merely saying that I could see the media coverage affecting the jury differently than the general public. Or maybe it isn't so much different as that it lead to a sort of backlash. The jurors heard for 3 years that she was guilty and then the state doesn't provide any real evidence to back it up. There reaction swung completely the other direction, which is why they had a verdict so quickly.

Having not spoken to any of the jurors, I am just taken a wild stab at how they might of reacted based on human nature.

pphilfran
7/6/2011, 12:43 PM
I am merely saying that I could see the media coverage affecting the jury differently than the general public. Or maybe it isn't so much different as that it lead to a sort of backlash. The jurors heard for 3 years that she was guilty and then the state doesn't provide any real evidence to back it up. There reaction swung completely the other direction, which is why they had a verdict so quickly.

Having not spoken to any of the jurors, I am just taken a wild stab at how they might of reacted based on human nature.

We are all doing the same...making conjecture...

Kind of hard to convict if there was no real evidence...no matter what you thought going in....

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 01:14 PM

I think it was Casey's use of the media that turned me against her. The "My Child is Missing" after 30 days? The trips to her workplace and the leading officials around the Park to show them where she worked only to finally admit she was lying.

Here's the deal....

Evidently she was really willing to take a Death Penalty Verdict to protect who killed her child?

Honestly....people might be influenced by the media but what influences me is the 30 days of nobody knowing where that child was. How do you do that? I can maybe understand if you had taken a trip and left your child with someone. When she made up the kidnapping story about Zenaida "Zanny" Fernandez-Gonzalez, I begin to think that she is either covering for someone or for herself. Why not just keep quiet and get a Lawyer?

Just the coverup of answering to where the hell her child was....

It's just not normal. After later finding her child in the swamp....I have to believe she put the child at risk at the very least. That would at the very least have me pouring over the evidence as a juror instead of being sucked in by the defense and after 11 hours....letting her off the hook.

Stuff like this being released really makes you wonder why the hell she would lie.....

June 16, 2008 — 2-year-old Caylee Anthony is last seen alive leaving the home of her grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, along with her mother Casey.

June 18, 2008 — Casey Anthony borrows a shovel from Brian Burner, a neighbor of George and Cindy Anthony. Burner says that Anthony returned it an hour later.

June 20, 2008 — Casey Anthony is captured in various photos partying at Fusion nightclub and participating in a “hard body contest.”

June 23, 2008 — Casey Anthony and her boyfriend, Lazzaro, break into a shed at the Anthony family home to borrow her father’s gas cans to fill her car, which had run empty.

June 24, 2008 — Casey Anthony gets into a fight with George Anthony about the gas can and she storms out of the home. She tells her father that Caylee is with the babysitter, Zanny.

June 25, 2008 — Cell phone records show she was in the area of her parents’ home.

July 15, 2008 — George and Cindy Anthony pick up Casey’s car from a tow yard. George Anthony observes a strong odor emanating from the vehicle. Later, back at the Anthony family home, Casey tells her mother and brother, Lee Anthony, that she hasn't seen Caylee in a month and that a babysitter named Zanaida Fernandez Gonzalez (Zanny) kidnapped her.

July 15-16, 2008 — Casey Anthony takes police to the last place she says she saw Caylee. It turns out to be a vacant apartment. Authorities also take her to Universal Studios where she said she worked. She kept walking with them and then suddenly halted when she was almost at the door of what she claimed was her office. The police testified that she then suddenly stopped and stated that she really did not work there. In fact, supervisors told the police that she hadn’t worked there in more than two years.

October 14, 2008 — Casey Anthony indicted on charges of first-degree murder, along with aggravated manslaughter, aggravated child abuse and four counts of lying to police.

December 11, 2008 — The skeletal remains of Caylee Anthony are discovered in a wooded area not far from the Anthony family home.

January 22, 2009 — The Florida State Attorney's Office releases 311 pages of new documents in the Caylee Anthony case. According to the documents, Caylee's skeletal remains had been placed in a cloth laundry hamper bag, prior to being placed inside a black plastic garbage bag. The documents further reveal that a backpack with the word 'adorable' on it, a Winnie the Pooh blanket, a size 3T shirt, a pair of child's striped white shorts and small, cloth-type, iron on letters were found inside the bag. A search-warrant affidavit which detailed the discovery of the remains also described a "heart shaped" sticker that had been placed on duct tape that was found wrapped around the child's skull.

January 23, 2009 — Casey Anthony's father, George Anthony, is escorted to a hospital by police after he allegedly sends suicidal text messages to family members.

April 14, 2009 — The State of Florida seeks the imposition of the Death Penalty.

June 19, 2009 — The Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office released the 36-page Medical Examiner's report on Caylee Marie Anthony's autopsy, along with dozens of other pages of forensic reports.

August 25, 2009 — The state releases more than 2,000 pages of documents in the case, including photos from a picture-sharing Web site and aerial photos of where Caylee's remains were found.

September 8, 2009 — A judge in Orlando postpones making a decision on whether to dismiss a defamation lawsuit filed against Casey Anthony by Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez.

September 17, 2009 — Casey Anthony's defense team files a motion to dismiss the murder charges against her because the state allegedly failed to preserve evidence in the case.

September 29, 2009 — The state releases additional discovery documents in the case, including forensic reports from the FBI lab in Quantico, Va., that confirmed Caylee's identity. Among the documents is a report that states the Duct tape found on Caylee's mouth had been contaminated by an FBI evidence examiner.

October 6, 2009 — Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick responds to the defenses motion to dismiss the charges against Casey Anthony, claiming the motion is "legally flawed". Burdick contends it will be decided at the "close of all evidence" whether the state has proven its case.

October 9, 2009 — The state releases 1,400 pages of documents in the case, including photos and evidence from the FBI crime lab. Among the photos are pictures of Casey Anthony's infamous "La Bella Vida" (beautiful life) tattoo.

October 20, 2009 — Judge Jose R. Rodriguez denies the motion to dismiss the defamation lawsuit against Casey Anthony.

November 6, 2009 — The state releases more discovery documents in the case, including reports that a bullet shell casing was found in the vicinity where Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

December 11, 2009 — Casey Anthony breaks down in court when Jeff Ashton gives the states account of how Caylee was murdered.

December 18, 2009 — Judge Stan Strickland denies a request to take the death penalty off the table in the prosecution of Casey Anthony.

February 16, 2010 — The state releases three CD's of photos and documents in the case, including photographs of a syringe, Gatorade bottle and a child's car seat.

April 6, 2010 — Prosecutors release copies of letters that were allegedly exchanged between Casey Anthony and a jailhouse companion. Within the letter, Anthony allegedly claims Zenaida Gonzalez does not exist. Prosecutors further allege the letter reveals details about Caylee's remains that only her killer would be privy to.

April 19, 2010 — Judge Stan Strickland steps down after Casey Anthony's defense team files a motion accusing him of having a personal relationship with a pro-prosecution blogger. Strickland granted the motion not on the basis that the relationship was inappropriate, but because the accusation would "generate renewed allegations of bias". Judge Belvin Perry Jr. is appointed to take over the case.

April 23, 2010 — The state releases 300 pages of documents in the case, including FBI lab notes, which show investigators tore apart four vacuum cleaners that had been taken from the Anthony family home. The vacuum cleaners were examined for human hair with characteristics of human decomposition. None were found.

July 15, 2010 — Judge Belvin Perry rules the jury will be permitted to hear a 911 call made by Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, in which she says the odor coming from her daughters car smells like a dead body.

July 26, 2010 — Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, lashes out at an unidentified blogger for allegedly using photos from his Facebook profile. In addition to removing the photos, Baez claims he has contacted a civil lawyer to prepare a court case against the blogger.

July 30, 2010 — Casey Anthony's defense attorneys spend three hours deposing Roy Kronk, the former Orange County employee who found Caylee Anthony's remains in December 2008.

August 9, 2010 — Casey Anthony's defense team files a motion accusing George and Cindy Anthony's former attorney, Mark NeJame, of obstruction and promoting his own interests by approaching crime writer David Lohr about writing a book on the case and discussing a plea deal Anthony had allegedly been offered. NeJame acknowledged he did discuss a book with Lohr, but says there was a misunderstanding about the plea deal.

August 16, 2010 — George and Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, steps down because of a motion filed by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez. The defense attorney claimed Conway was given unrestricted access to documents belonging to Texas EquuSearch, the missing person search and recovery group that searched for two-year-old Caylee Anthony. Baez claimed he was not given the same access to the documents.

August 30, 2010 — Casey Anthony's lawyers submit an amended witness list to the court that includes Anthony's family members, expert witnesses, law enforcement officials and David Lohr, a crime writer who covered the search effort for Investigation Discovery.

September 28, 2010 — Judge Belvin Perry denies a request made by Casey Anthony's defense attorneys to allow Dutch experts to do additional DNA testing on evidence that is to be submitted at trial. According to the Orlando Sentinel, Perry said he did not feel comfortable allowing evidence to leave the court's jurisdiction.

November 2, 2010 — The State of Florida releases 1,000 pages of evidence in the Casey Anthony case. The documents include letters that were sent to Casey Anthony in jail, as well as e-mail conversations among Anthony family members from 2008.

November 29, 2010 — Judge Belvin Perry denies a request made by prosecutors to order Casey Anthony's defense team to turn over information about their expert witnesses, including contracts, communications and billing records. In making his decision, Perry said prosecutors could obtain the information via the witnesses themselves or a subpoena.

February 11, 2011 — Judge Belvin Perry rules that Casey Anthony's alleged history of lying and stealing is admissible in court.

February 15, 2011 — Judge Belvin Perry rules that postings by Casey Anthony allegedly made to social networking websites prior to her indictment can be presented to a jury by prosecutors. Perry also ruled that only portions of Anthony's sex life will be admissible at trial.

April 27, 2011 — Judge Allows Chloroform Test evidence to be presented at trial, rejecting a motion by Casey Anthony. The prosecution claims tests revealed significant amounts of chloroform in the trunk of Casey's car.

May 9, 2011 — Jury selection begins in Clearwater for Casey Anthony’s murder trial.

May 24, 2011 — Trial begins in Orlando, Florida. The prosecution shows jurors a photo during opening statements of Caylee Anthony alive and smiling, along with a picture of the girl’s skull as it was found in 2008. They say Anthony used duct tape to suffocate her. The defense contends the child actually drowned in her grandparents’ swimming pool.

June 17, 2011 — Casey Anthony defense expert contradicts state entomologist.

July 5, 2011 — Casey Anthony acquitted of all felony charges (i.e., of first-degree murder, aggravated manslaughter, and aggravated child abuse), but is convicted of misdemeanor charges of giving false information to police.

yankee
7/6/2011, 01:19 PM
Lots of lawyers in this thread LOL.

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 01:20 PM
Texas Equisearch Tim Miller is on right now saying they are considering suing The Anthony's and Casey for costs related to the search for Caylee.

Good stuff coming from him about the cover up.

http://texasequusearch.org/

StoopTroup
7/6/2011, 01:21 PM
Lots of Parent's in this thread .

FIFY