PDA

View Full Version : You can take my house,

65Mustang
6/16/2011, 08:00 PM
You can take my car,

Uncle Kracker has it right...
The old corner bar is a special place...

However, I think it is one that is fading from the scene, particularly in metro areas such as Tulsa. Most people now want to go to the trendy places, not the simple bars with a juke box, pool table, and maybe a shuffleboard table.

I have a favorite, do you ?

StoopTroup
6/16/2011, 08:21 PM
Cloud 9

BU BEAR
6/16/2011, 08:23 PM
Take my money
My house and my car
For one hit of you
You can have it all.

StoopTroup
6/16/2011, 08:26 PM
Post a pic of your Stang please.

Mjcpr
6/16/2011, 08:27 PM
You can take my car,

Uncle Kracker has it right...
The old corner bar is a special place...

However, I think it is one that is fading from the scene, particularly in metro areas such as Tulsa. Most people now want to go to the trendy places, not the simple bars with a juke box, pool table, and maybe a shuffleboard table.

I have a favorite, do you ?

Have you been to the Cellar Dweller? No pool table, but an interesting bar.

sooner ngintunr
6/16/2011, 08:43 PM
South Edge. lol.

olevetonahill
6/16/2011, 08:54 PM
When I lived in Broken Arrow 20 years ago I hung out at Cheers.
Since I moved down here I dont go to bars.

GDC
6/16/2011, 08:58 PM
Not since they tore down Tuxie's in Tahlequah.

OUinFLA
6/16/2011, 10:08 PM
I havent seen a shuffleboard table in over 20 years.

Chief's
north of Durant.
kinda betting it's not there anymore.

SoCaliSooner
6/16/2011, 10:17 PM
Sharkeez..

Breadburner
6/16/2011, 10:37 PM
Orphas Lounge.....

65Mustang
6/17/2011, 09:31 AM
Post a pic of your Stang please.

I will take one and do so soon...

GDC
6/17/2011, 09:35 AM
I havent seen a shuffleboard table in over 20 years.

Granny's Attic in Tahlequah has one.

Position Limit
6/17/2011, 09:46 AM
Have you been to the Cellar Dweller? No pool table, but an interesting bar.

cellar dweller was shut down last time i went. about a year ago. colony on harvard has stepped up their game in a big way. if you want your average okie saloon, the bounty on sheridan. shuffle board? there's always arnies. the hunt club north of downtown is no joke. there are pleanty of non trendy places still around.

Mjcpr
6/17/2011, 09:47 AM
cellar dweller was shut down last time i went. about a year ago. colony on harvard has stepped up their game in a big way. if you want your average okie saloon, the bounty on sheridan. shuffle board? there's always arnies. the hunt club north of downtown is no joke. there are pleanty of non trendy places still around.

I think it's an on-again, off-again kind of deal but it was open in April when I went.

Cheez-It
6/17/2011, 09:50 AM
Crawpappy's when I lived literally right around the corner...

GDC
6/17/2011, 09:55 AM
I've always liked the Buccaneer near TU.

The
6/17/2011, 10:08 AM
The Vista.

But it dieded.

yermom
6/17/2011, 10:09 AM
i was kinda over the Vista, but it was nice to know it was there

The
6/17/2011, 10:18 AM
i was kinda over the Vista, but it was nice to know it was there

It was my after work haunt. Eccentric collection of regulars. Plus the weird homeless guy that would sneak in and hang out in the men's room, and the guy that would sit by himself and drink coffee and sniff the newspaper.

Pricetag
6/17/2011, 10:25 AM
My buddies and I were regulars at the Action Lounge at 81st and 145th back when we all lived around there.

I love hole-in-the-wall bars like that. I'd much rather drink and talk with friends in a place like that then go to some huge place with a live band drowning out all conversation.

If I could pick a regular bar near my current home, I'd pick Kenosha Station on 71st west of 193rd. My kids are too young right now for my wife and I to get out regularly, though.

texaspokieokie
6/17/2011, 10:33 AM

Don't know if it's the same one, but we used to go to the Colony on Harvard, as far back as 1959 or 60.
most on here weren't born back then.

i like the "tin top" in bennington ok.
my late FIL used to own it.

Position Limit
6/17/2011, 10:36 AM
Don't know if it's the same one, but we used to go to the Colony on Harvard, as far back as 1959 or 60.
most on here weren't born back then.

i like the "tin top" in bennington ok.
my late FIL used to own it.

the colony i'm speaking of use to be 4play.

texaspokieokie
6/17/2011, 10:38 AM
the one where we went seemed to be a college hang-out. just going by a vague memory.
neat place.

Pricetag
6/17/2011, 11:28 AM
the colony i'm speaking of use to be 4play.
IV Play was fun back when we lived in Midtown. I used to like getting the seven baby beers. A bartender with a great rack flashed us her boobs one time there, too.

captain_surly
6/17/2011, 11:49 AM
Granny's Attic in Tahlequah has one.

Damn, Granny's Attic was open when I was there in college in the mid 70's. Back then it was kinda the nerd bar, the Squeeze Inn a couple doors down and Scholar's out on Downing were the "in" places. We used to have beer busts at the Keg just outside the city limits on Wednesday nights. All you could drink for three bucks. Good times indeed. I'm really old.

Pricetag
6/17/2011, 01:16 PM
Ned's and Buster's (later Captain Coyote's) were the two big bars when I was there in the late '90s. I don't know if it was the same location as The Keg, but there was a place actually called Beer Bust my first year there that was just outside the city limits. There was a shooting there and they closed it down that same year.

65Mustang
6/17/2011, 06:00 PM
Ned's and Buster's (later Captain Coyote's) were the two big bars when I was there in the late '90s. I don't know if it was the same location as The Keg, but there was a place actually called Beer Bust my first year there that was just outside the city limits. There was a shooting there and they closed it down that same year.

I am going to Brook Alley around 46th and Peoria now.

Boulevard on tap with frosted mugs, good juke box, shuffleboard tables, etc.
Plus they always have some type of free lunch. Had green beans and new taters last week.