PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hunting in NW Oklahoma

achiro
6/16/2011, 12:00 PM
I know a lot of you have ties up this way so I thought I'd take a chance. I am looking for a place to bowhunt this fall. The closer to Enid the better but not the only factor. I would also prefer something long term if at all possible so I can help manage the property.
PM if you know of anything available.
Thanks.

achiro
8/4/2011, 11:59 AM
Let's try this again.

sappstuf
8/4/2011, 12:05 PM
I don't really consider Enid to be in the northwest. Now Guymon...

achiro
8/4/2011, 12:16 PM
I don't really consider Enid to be in the northwest. Now Guymon...

NW Oklahoma= http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Northwestern_Oklahoma.png/220px-Northwestern_Oklahoma.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwestern_Oklahoma

sappstuf
8/4/2011, 12:28 PM
NW Oklahoma= http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/43/Northwestern_Oklahoma.png/220px-Northwestern_Oklahoma.png

Meh. That map doesn't leave much room for central and northeastern Oklahoma...

I would give Woodward credit, and after much debate, I might give credit to Alva.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:45 PM
Can you hunt beavers in Beaver County?

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 01:47 PM
Can you hunt beavers in Beaver County?

Yes, but the shorn look has not caught on there yet.

saucysoonergal
8/4/2011, 01:48 PM
Yes, but the shorn look has not caught on there yet.

BOOOOOO!

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 01:49 PM
BOOOOOO!

If you're okay with it, knock yourself out!

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:04 PM
sport hunting is for *******s.

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 02:07 PM
sport hunting is for *******s.

Where do you usually hunt?

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:11 PM
i derive no pleasure in taking the life of an animal i enjoy an vastly superior intellectual and technological advantage over.

if you or your family is in no danger of starving to death if you don't kill whatever animal you're hunting, then you're just doing it because you enjoy killing defenseless animals, which makes you an *******.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:13 PM
I don't know if I'd say vastly.

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:15 PM
I don't know if I'd say vastly.

opposeable thumbs and the ability to use a rifle gives me a vast intellectual and technological advantage over bambi...

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:16 PM
opposeable thumbs and the ability to use a rifle gives me a vast intellectual and technological advantage over bambi...

Well, you do have the thumb advantage, I'll give you that.

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 02:21 PM
i derive no pleasure in taking the life of an animal i enjoy an vastly superior intellectual and technological advantage over.

if you or your family is in no danger of starving to death if you don't kill whatever animal you're hunting, then you're just doing it because you enjoy killing defenseless animals, which makes you an *******.

Most anything I shoot I eat...exceptions being prairie dogs that a rancher wants removed or crows eating peanut crops....

Hitting a dove flying 60 mph with the wind is not an easy task...

Or try to call that dumb old turkey close enough so you can put him on your table...

Without hunting, various types of animals and birds would overpopulate areas and create situations where mass starvation is likely...

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 02:21 PM
Well, you do have the thumb advantage, I'll give you that.

:D

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:35 PM
Without hunting, various types of animals and birds would overpopulate areas and create situations where mass starvation is likely...

its called darwinism. those various animals and birds would only overpopulate until mother nature created a new primary predator.

achiro
8/4/2011, 02:38 PM
i derive no pleasure in taking the life of an animal i enjoy an vastly superior intellectual advantage over.

So you're saying you hunt a lot.

achiro
8/4/2011, 02:40 PM
its called darwinism. those various animals and birds would only overpopulate until mother nature created a new primary predator.

http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/top-of-the-food-chain-1978_preview.jpg

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 02:41 PM

I agree...we could only have a century or two to wait...

Hunting is not everyone's cup of tea...I had great fun with my dad learning how to respect nature..hunting taught me a lot....

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:41 PM
http://www.gamesprays.com/images/icons/top-of-the-food-chain-1978_preview.jpg

dude i'm begging for a nice relaxing zombie apocolypse.

Mjcpr
8/4/2011, 02:42 PM

http://www.snotr.com/video/507/Family_Guy__How_is_your_leg

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:44 PM
I agree...we could only have a century or two to wait...

Hunting is not everyone's cup of tea...I had great fun with my dad learning how to respect nature..hunting taught me a lot....

i agree that is a necessary skill that should be taught to everyone... because you never know when you're gonna be hiding from the cops and need to secure your own lunch... i just don't see how people can legitimize sport hunting.

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 02:46 PM
i agree that is a necessary skill that should be taught to everyone... because you never know when you're gonna be hiding from the cops and need to secure your own lunch... i just don't see how people can legitimize sport hunting.

You a vegan?

achiro
8/4/2011, 02:51 PM
You a vegan?

of course not

jk the sooner fan
8/4/2011, 02:52 PM
i've got tags for 3 white tails in Nebraska - one for November and 2 for December

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 02:58 PM
You a vegan?

no. the meat i eat was domesticated for the sole purpose of giving me ribeyes and burgers.

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 03:01 PM
no. the meat i eat was domesticated for the sole purpose of giving me ribeyes and burgers.

Then you ain't got a leg to stand on...I treat my kill in a much more humane manner than many of the cattle or chickens you eat...

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 03:15 PM
cattle and chickens serve no other purpose than to provide humans with food, largely removed from the food chain.

oumartin
8/4/2011, 03:24 PM

Who knew Ponca City was NW oklahoma..

any map that has nw okla on the east side of 1-35=fail

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 03:25 PM
cattle and chickens serve no other purpose than to provide humans with food, largely removed from the food chain.

What were they before they were domesticated cattle and chickens...

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 03:47 PM
What were they before they were domesticated cattle and chickens...

not domesticated.

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 03:51 PM

She did , here it is after a successful hunt.:D
http://alaskabackcountryhunters.org/Pictures/Young%20Moose%20Hunter%20full.jpg

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 03:54 PM

Gomer you amaze me :rolleyes:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QgcIP-pa2II/SUbQw9KAJcI/AAAAAAAAAX8/TygI4OQWl-E/s400/GomerPyle.jpg

87sooner
8/4/2011, 03:55 PM
I know a lot of you have ties up this way so I thought I'd take a chance. I am looking for a place to bowhunt this fall. The closer to Enid the better but not the only factor. I would also prefer something long term if at all possible so I can help manage the property.
PM if you know of anything available.
Thanks.

are you looking for a lease....or a freebie?
not many farmers i know let people hunt for free....unless you're related...

how far are you willing to go from enid?
i know people east...i could ask around...

GKeeper316
8/4/2011, 03:59 PM
Gomer you amaze me :rolleyes:

well it isn't hard to amaze your backwards inbred toothless fat ***, is it?

achiro
8/4/2011, 04:12 PM
are you looking for a lease....or a freebie?
not many farmers i know let people hunt for free....unless you're related...

how far are you willing to go from enid?
i know people east...i could ask around...

A freebie is always good:D but I know how it works and don't mind paying for a decent place. I'd really like to find a place that I can work with the landowner on managing stuff and hunt it for several years so I don't have to keep doing this every summer. I have two sons, one 11 and is starting to get into bowhunting as well so I'd like to be able to bring him to at least take a few does. The other is only 6 so he might tag along to watch me hunt but that's it at this point.
As far as distance, it really depends on what it is. I had a place South of Canton that just wasn't any good so it was not worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there but if there were plenty of deer on a place that drive is nothing.
To be honest what I would love to do would be to get on a lease as an "extra" with a group that mainly hunts quail and/or rifle deer. To be the lone bowhunter on a large lease so I don't have to pay out the wazoo to get on a large chunk of manageable land. But I'm not picky. :D

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 04:15 PM
A freebie is always good:D but I know how it works and don't mind paying for a decent place. I'd really like to find a place that I can work with the landowner on managing stuff and hunt it for several years so I don't have to keep doing this every summer. I have two sons, one 11 and is starting to get into bowhunting as well so I'd like to be able to bring him to at least take a few does. The other is only 6 so he might tag along to watch me hunt but that's it at this point.
As far as distance, it really depends on what it is. I had a place South of Canton that just wasn't any good so it was not worth the 1 1/2 hour drive to get there but if there were plenty of deer on a place that drive is nothing.
To be honest what I would love to do would be to get on a lease as an "extra" with a group that mainly hunts quail and/or rifle deer. To be the lone bowhunter on a large lease so I don't have to pay out the wazoo to get on a large chunk of manageable land. But I'm not picky. :D

You only bowhunt? If so, you da man...

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 04:23 PM

Man you sure put me in my place dint ya.:rolleyes: :D

pphilfran
8/4/2011, 04:24 PM
Man you sure put me in my place dint ya.:rolleyes: :D

You ain't no match for Keeper...

olevetonahill
8/4/2011, 04:28 PM
You ain't no match for Keeper...

:D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0270gz1aprQ/Tacts5WC3FI/AAAAAAAAAoc/bgtFuT_VWZ0/s1600/gomer-pyle-surprise.jpg

87sooner
8/4/2011, 04:40 PM

have you tried putting an ad on craigslist?
might be a good way to find someone willing to share a lease..

achiro
8/4/2011, 04:52 PM
have you tried putting an ad on craigslist?
might be a good way to find someone willing to share a lease..

I hadn't until this morning, I actually spent a little time looking around at some existing ads earlier today.

achiro
8/29/2011, 10:14 AM
I was thinking this weekend about how silly GKeepers comments really are. I can't decide whether anyone really can think this way or if he was just trolling?
Oh, and still looking for a place to hunt. ;)

IB4OU2
8/29/2011, 11:26 AM

If you hear about anything in Woods county let me know. That county was overrun with deer 15 years ago.

IB4OU2
8/29/2011, 11:28 AM

Nice guy...

So you like other people dispatching your kill?

Sooner Wing
8/29/2011, 11:32 AM

Toddler316 I wrongly disagree with your logic and I think I am out on mother nature creating a new primary predator. I am much more fond of that title than the title of prey...

Hunt away good man, hunt away. However, I am not sure this is the proper forum for this debate.

Chuck Bao
8/29/2011, 01:03 PM
Maybe I can. But, my place is far south central Oklahoma in Marshall Co. I have a deer camp and a cabin in the woods. I don't think we have any bow hunters. We have deer stands and my brother keeps out corn for the deer to eat in about 10 feeders and he plants winter wheat for the deer to eat. I am not looking to sell any lease, but I guess I could if I wanted to and needed the money.