PDA

View Full Version : Man vs Food - Tulsa

KuppiKunta
6/16/2011, 09:35 AM
Who watched last night? I thought it was a good episode and the firefighter dude was hilarious. I cracked up at the "red crayons" comment.

The Spudder is over rated and didn't deserve the air time. Bill's is an awesome dive burger joint, but no way I could eat that Double Okie burger they cooked.

I'd like to try that incinerator pizza, not the challenge, just a slice of it to see how hot it really is. With 5 ghost chili peppers, I'm sure it's mega hot!

OUMallen
6/16/2011, 09:36 AM
Who watched last night? I thought it was a good episode and the firefighter dude was hilarious. I cracked up at the "red crayons" comment.

The Spudder is over rated and didn't deserve the air time. Bill's is an awesome dive burger joint, but no way I could eat that Double Okie burger they cooked.

I'd like to try that incinerator pizza, not the challenge, just a slice of it to see how hot it really is. With 5 ghost chili peppers, I'm sure it's mega hot!

Something that hot..I'd think it would do actual damage!

Mjcpr
6/16/2011, 09:38 AM

I watched it....Ann's Bakery got like 5 seconds. :D

Never been to Spudder but that steak looked pretty good to me. The Double Okie burger was an instant heart attack. I'd like to try a bite of that pizza...I thought the firefighter was going to spew. He was pretty funny. The guy in the pink shirt with the wife in the green shirt was a doosh though. ;)

saucysoonergal
6/16/2011, 09:39 AM
The guy in the pink shirt with the wife in the green shirt was a doosh though. ;)

agreed

KuppiKunta
6/16/2011, 10:02 AM
Damn Aggie behind the firefighter got too much air time too! I totally missed the Ann's Bakery part....must have been fast forwarding thru the commercials.

SoCaliSooner
6/16/2011, 10:04 AM
Do all firefighters in Tulsa shave their heads?

Sooner_Tuf
6/16/2011, 10:06 AM

No its not Cali.

KuppiKunta
6/16/2011, 10:12 AM

All the cool kids are doing it!!

IB4OU2
6/16/2011, 10:13 AM
I watched it and the show was OK but I can think of SO many other Tulsa restuarants that would have been a better choice.

Partial Qualifier
6/16/2011, 11:07 AM
MiccoMacey & family got tons of facetime on that episode.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155508

NormanPride
6/16/2011, 11:26 AM
That pizza is unreal. One of my Indian (dot not feather) coworkers got a lunch sized pizza and I had about two bites. My stomach was ruined for the next day and a half...

Sooner Tri
6/16/2011, 12:59 PM

Ever heard the expression, "Run around like your hair's on fire"?
It prevents that from happening. :D

badger
6/16/2011, 01:22 PM
They recorded here back in March/April. Here's more info on Bill's:
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20110401_39_D5_CUTLIN244881&archive=yes)

Joe Mamma's:
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=274&articleid=20110331_39_D1_CUTLIN699816&archive=yes)

And Spudder and Ann's Bakery:
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20110329_39_D3_CUTLIN222618&archive=yes)

StoopTroup
6/16/2011, 02:11 PM
Is it OK to carry a gun at the Spudder?

BigJerm7
6/16/2011, 03:41 PM
I watched it and the show was OK but I can think of SO many other Tulsa restuarants that would have been a better choice.

Agreed. I don't think Joe Momma's is even that good. Overpriced and overrated. Like Tulsa is even known for Pizza?

saucysoonergal
6/16/2011, 03:51 PM
If they showed the Golden Driller one more time, I was going to throw something at the tv!

DIB
6/16/2011, 04:08 PM
Agreed. I don't think Joe Momma's is even that good. Overpriced and overrated. Like Tulsa is even known for Pizza?

Can you name a better food challenge? It wasn't about the quality of pizza at Joe Mamma's; it was about the quality of the food challenge.

KuppiKunta
6/16/2011, 04:17 PM
Can you name a better food challenge? It wasn't about the quality of pizza at Joe Mamma's; it was about the quality of the food challenge.

It was an excellent challenge. I'd also like to see someone take on Fat Guy's burger challenge.

I think I'd have more success doing a "spicy" challenge as opposed to one of those 5lbs of food challenges.

sheepdogs
6/16/2011, 04:45 PM

The nail has been squarely hit.

Mjcpr
6/16/2011, 04:47 PM
I've eaten at Joe Mamma's several times and it was good. I had forgotten what bunch of food/beer snobs posted here. Carry on.

Mongo
6/16/2011, 04:52 PM
I've eaten at Joe Mamma's several times and it was good. I had forgotten what bunch of food/beer snobs posted here. Carry on.

I dont think there are food/beer snobs here. I think you are just a no class havin' hillbilly:D