PDA

View Full Version : Ever tried Turkey Burgers or Turkey Bacon?

SoonerofAlabama
6/15/2011, 09:31 PM
Had turkey bacon for breakfast and turkey burgers for dinner. It is a lot leaner than pork and beef. I thought they were good. Ever tried? Like it?

Mongo
6/15/2011, 09:37 PM
take it to the fag forum sweetcheeks

northspeter
6/15/2011, 09:38 PM
turkey bacon is fine... nowhere near as good as pork bacon though... and a turkey burger cooked rite... is very good...

sooner59
6/15/2011, 09:41 PM
There was a hunk of meat in that Carl's Jr. turkey burger commercial that I would like to sink my teeth into. :D

vmTLAs6SyS4

Sooner_Tuf
6/15/2011, 09:49 PM
I haven't ever eaten ground Turkey. I don't think I would like it. I have had turkey bacon. It kinda looks like bacon but it's nothing like bacon to me.

Turkey is fine baked, roasted, or fried. But only as a whole bird or maybe the breast. The only thing good about turkey to me is that it is slightly better than store bought chicken. Which I will not eat.

I like red meat. My freezer is full of beef, venison, and buffalo. It is a no bird zone.

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 09:52 PM
Here's the deal on turkey bacon. Take fresh jalapenos. Cut them in half. Scrape the seeds into a bowl with a bunch of hot sausage, grated cheese, and a little cream cheese. Stuff the peppers with that mix, then wrap them in turkey bacon. Toss them on the grill, and you will not be disappointed. Wrap them in real bacon and you will have a grill fire. Trust me, stuffed jalapenos scream for turkey bacon.

Curly Bill
6/15/2011, 09:53 PM
Whenever I go visit my mom she has turkey bacon. I'm not gonna buy any of it, but it's not bad.

Mongo
6/15/2011, 09:56 PM
Here's the deal on turkey bacon. Take fresh jalapenos. Cut them in half. Scrape the seeds into a bowl with a bunch of hot sausage, grated cheese, and a little cream cheese. Stuff the peppers with that mix, then wrap them in turkey bacon. Toss them on the grill, and you will not be disappointed. Wrap them in real bacon and you will have a grill fire. Trust me, stuffed jalapenos scream for turkey bacon.

you are a god damned admin here. I said take it to the fag forum. what is not to understand?

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:01 PM
you are a god damned admin here. I said take it to the fag forum. what is not to understand?

And you pissed on my uber-sensitve bermuda grass then shot holes in it instead of hitting the ****ing bottle. You need to carry yourself to the fag forum and beg for inclusion/submission.

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:10 PM
give me an iron sight, instead of a scope at 2300 hours, and I will hit anything. too bad you are too cheap to spring for a night vision scope for your hardware

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:12 PM
but you did smell handsome that night, nonetheless

salth2o
6/15/2011, 10:13 PM
The Redhead uses turkey in spaghetti and it is not bad. Turkey bacon isn't nearly as good as pig bacon, but as Deano said...its better to use on teh grill when making ABT's(atomic buffalo turds). I like to put some shrimp in the jalapeno w/ cream cheese, then wrap it in turkey bacon, but I digress.

If you are making a BLT, go with the real deal.

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:18 PM
but you did smell handsome that night, nonetheless

I'm so proud you noticed. Probably affected your aim, right?

Mongo
6/15/2011, 10:24 PM
I'm so proud you noticed. Probably affected your aim, right?

go **** yourself, Dean

C&CDean
6/15/2011, 10:26 PM
No shootin' sumbtich...

Boomer.....
6/16/2011, 07:28 AM
We use ground turkey most of the time instead of ground beef. You will never know the difference. Turkey burgers are very good also. If you don't tell the people you serve them to it's turkey, they will never know the difference.

KuppiKunta
6/16/2011, 07:51 AM

Sounds good....except for the turkey bacon! If you know how to use a grill, real bacon works great and is 10 times better than that fake crap.

jk the sooner fan
6/16/2011, 08:03 AM
turkey bacon ......it neither tastes like turkey - nor bacon

therefore - it is a complete waste of grocery store shelf space

SanJoaquinSooner
6/16/2011, 08:13 AM
I've done turkey chili and it's decent.

I've also purchased turkey pastrami a couple of times and it surprised me that liked it.

TheHumanAlphabet
6/16/2011, 08:42 AM
Ground turkey is not bad. It's not beef, but as an alternate, not bad.

Turkey bacon on the other hand. I would rather have the real deal than the fake stuff. Why bother. And oh, beef bacon (served in muslim countries) is not worth the time either...it is rather like a thick dried up piece of chipped beef.

JDMT
6/16/2011, 08:44 AM
Gobble.

SoonerAtKU
6/16/2011, 09:42 AM

These are good, and I actually like them smoked, which takes care of your flare up issue. It does take longer, though, and sometimes you just want some spicy, cheesy, salty stuff without hauling out the smoke box.

waynepayne
6/16/2011, 09:56 AM
Had turkey bacon for breakfast and turkey burgers for dinner. It is a lot leaner than pork and beef. I thought they were good. Ever tried? Like it?

I eat the Jennie O Lean Turkey Burgers prolly every day. If you season em up right they are pretty tasty!

Sooner_Tuf
6/16/2011, 10:01 AM

This is the only way I have head turkey bacon. Great dish, wrong bacon. The gal that made them for me has the same problem with real bacon that you do.

Maybe one day the two of you can get together and learn the concept of the drip pan. You guys are not only missing out on your stuffed japs but you aren't getting the kick a$$ drippings that can be used for sauces and whatnot.

Turkey Bacon is fail with stripes.

OUMallen
6/16/2011, 10:08 AM
I had a pretty solid turkey burger recently for the first time. I was impressed. I'll order again at some point...but something tells me I got lucky and they may often be pretty meh.

IB4OU2
6/16/2011, 10:11 AM
In the last 6 months I've lost close to 50 lbs eating tukey burgers, fish and shrimp. My wife makes a pretty good turkey hamburger...but Lord I miss beef and pork.

I'll have to try your jalepano/turkey bacon recipe Deano.

SoonerAtKU
6/16/2011, 10:17 AM
Oh, I also put ground turkey in my lasagna when I do the meated version, since after you simmer it in the sauce, there's not really much difference in flavor from ground beef.

Still can't normally do a turkey burger.

NormanPride
6/16/2011, 10:41 AM
Those jalapenos work better with deer sausage.