PDA

View Full Version : I'm on TV!

MiccoMacey
6/15/2011, 08:45 PM
If you want to see what I look like, I'm on the "Man vs Food" program, Tulsa edition. It just aired on the Travel channel.

A fellow firefighter attempted to eat an entire large pizza covered in jalapenos, habanero peppers, and ghost chile peppers.

I'm the guy in the pink fire department shirt behind him (I even have a speaking part). I'm holding my two girls, and my wife's beside me in a green shirt.

We're beyond excited...it took over five hours to tape and was a lot of fun watching it all lay out in front of us. My oldest daughter had a speaking part as well, but it ended up on the editing room floor apparently.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Sooner_Tuf
6/15/2011, 08:48 PM
Sounds cool I'll look for it.

sooner59
6/15/2011, 08:49 PM
I recorded it. I'll check it out.

OU-HSV
6/15/2011, 11:40 PM
I DVR'd it...watched it...then deleted it. Damn, I'm sure I saw you on there. What was your speaking part? Were you the one talking about how he's the toughest firefighter on the force, etc. etc.?

Anyway, that was impressive...I don't know if I could finish one slice of that pizza and that's coming from someone who likes spicy food.

Seamus
6/16/2011, 01:16 AM
Found it.

uq80xJ8T3Nk

SoCaliSooner
6/16/2011, 01:22 AM
Gotta support my fellow smokeeaters...

DarrellZero
6/16/2011, 01:33 AM
I think the guy's gonna need more support the next day.

Just sayin'.

sooner59
6/16/2011, 01:48 AM
That man is going to need an ice cream cone to sit on. He is a beast, though.

jk the sooner fan
6/16/2011, 07:31 AM
so....you were wearing a pink shirt and your wife was wearing a green one?

jk the sooner fan
6/16/2011, 07:40 AM
a pizza like that would kill me

delhalew
6/16/2011, 07:42 AM
I watched it. That man was in a world of pain.

soonerloyal
6/16/2011, 08:43 AM
so....you were wearing a pink shirt and your wife was wearing a green one?

Meh. What chaps me is that someone was wearing an OsU shirt and nobody (read MiccoMacey) was representing OU. ;)

Lookin' good though, thanks, dude!

sooner59
6/16/2011, 05:08 PM
I daw someone with a Boomer Sooner shirt.

agoo758
6/16/2011, 05:58 PM
Meh. What chaps me is that someone was wearing an OsU shirt and nobody (read MiccoMacey) was representing OU. ;)

As long as he's got the ringtone. Fine by me!

SoonerofAlabama
6/16/2011, 06:00 PM
If you want to see what I look like, I'm on the "Man vs Food" program, Tulsa edition. It just aired on the Travel channel.

A fellow firefighter attempted to eat an entire large pizza covered in jalapenos, habanero peppers, and ghost chile peppers.

I'm the guy in the pink fire department shirt behind him (I even have a speaking part). I'm holding my two girls, and my wife's beside me in a green shirt.

We're beyond excited...it took over five hours to tape and was a lot of fun watching it all lay out in front of us. My oldest daughter had a speaking part as well, but it ended up on the editing room floor apparently.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

How is Adam Richman? Did you talk to him?

jumperstop
6/16/2011, 06:14 PM
That man is going to need an ice cream cone to sit on. He is a beast, though.

I get the fire ****s if I eat some stuffed jalopenos....I can't even imagine. I bet he regretted it early the next morning...

EatLeadCommie
6/16/2011, 06:37 PM
holy crap, not only does that look difficult and hot, but it looks disgusting to boot. Just because all those things are hot doesn't mean they go together. Barf.

Kudos to him for pulling it off.

BrockLanders
6/16/2011, 09:16 PM
Kyle, the Tulsa Firefighter that ate that insane pizza, is a Sooner. He was my pledge trainer at the old ATO house in 1995. Helluva guy and a tough SOB.

Spray
6/16/2011, 09:35 PM
So how did he feel the next day? That was pretty bad ***.

Seamus
6/17/2011, 12:54 AM
So how did he feel the next day? That was pretty bad ***.

I'm guessing somewhere between here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Three_Mile_Island_(color)-2.jpg/250px-Three_Mile_Island_(color)-2.jpg

and here:

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/solar_flare.jpg

Hell, these probably would have ignited spontaneously:

http://geekinheels.squarespace.com/storage/tucks_medicated_pads.jpg

SoonerofAlabama
6/19/2011, 11:09 PM

Lookin' good though, thanks, dude!

I watched the full show. There was a guy in a Boomer Sooner shirt at some steak joint that I can't remember.

OU-HSV
6/19/2011, 11:15 PM
I watched the full show. There was a guy in a Boomer Sooner shirt at some steak joint that I can't remember.

The steak place is the Spudder. It's supposedly still very good and it's been in Tulsa for many years. I haven't been there in forever, I just always forget about it when we go out for steak. I need to go in there sometime soon since it's fresh on my mind now.
http://thespudderrestaurant1.liveonatt.com/home.nxg

SoonerofAlabama
6/19/2011, 11:42 PM
I have never been to a real steakhouse, but are those prices too high?

bornnbredou
6/19/2011, 11:55 PM

StoopTroup
6/20/2011, 12:32 AM
Found it.

uq80xJ8T3Nk

Good Stuff....

I am hungry now...

OU-HSV
6/20/2011, 11:05 PM
I have never been to a real steakhouse, but are those prices too high?

Seems a bit on the high side, and that may be why I just always kinda block it out of my mind when we go out for steak ;)