PDA

View Full Version : An E-Mail From God to the Extended Family of Speedy Parker (Palin-Style)

SpankyNek
6/15/2011, 10:44 AM
To the future Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, and Cousins of Antwun "Speedy" Parker (Or whatever you end up naming him!),

I heard your heart when you hinted that another boy would fit best into the Parker family, to round it out and complete that "starting five" (Is that too "racist-y"?...consider future edit---J.C.) line-up. Though another girl would be so nice, you didn't think you could ask for what you really wanted, but I knew so I gave you a boy.

Then, I put the idea in your hearts that his name should be "Speedy," because it's so fitting, because he would be so fleet of foot, and because his life will be so short...

Then, finally, I let Speedy's mom and dad find out before he was born that this little boy will truly be a GIFT. They were told (By ME, of course) that he would eventually expire by the hands of a maniacal Pharmacist after being forced to rob him by a couple of thugs. At first the news seemed unreal and sad and confusing. But I gave Speedy's mom and dad lots of time to think about it because they needed to understand that everything will be OK. (Plus I threw in that bit of information about being able to sue Mr. Ersland (and his insurance) for a large monetary gain)...

This new person in your life can help everyone put things in perspective and bind {you} together and get everyone focused on what really matters. The law is the law. Speedy will expand the world of Oklahomans and let them see and feel things they haven't experienced yet. He'll show you what "true, brave victory" really means as those who love him will think less about self and focus less on what the world tells you is "normal" or "perfect."...

Speedy will never know his dad and he'll wear saggy jeans while he learns to rhyme and stuff. He'll steal mom's heart (And a few other things). And Speedy will be the cuddly little brother that his siblings have been waiting for... in fact Speedy will - in some diagnostic ways - always be a mischievous, dependent little brother, because I created him a bit different than a lot of babies born into this world today.

Every child is created special, with awesome purpose and amazing potential. Children are the most precious and promising ingredient in this mixed-up world you live in down there on earth. Speedy is no different, except he is pre-destined for martyrdom.

Speedy's mom and dad don't want people to focus on the baby's (ultimately unavoidable, LOL) early demise. They're human, so they haven't known how to explain this to people who are caring and are interested in this new little Oklahoman. ... Some will think Speedy should not be allowed to be born because they fear a Pill Head will have to spend life in prison, partly due to the actions of Speedy...

Many people will express sympathy, but you don't want or need that, because Speedy will be a joy (And a financial windfall). You will have to trust me on this.

I know it will take time to grasp this and come to accept that I only want the best for you, and I only give my best. Remember though: "my ways are not your ways, my thoughts are not your thoughts... for as heavens are higher than earth, my ways are higher than yours!"

I wrote that all down for you in the Good Book! Look it up! You claim that you believe me - now it's time to live out that belief!

And for the rest of you, I give you the levity of "$h!t Happens!"

Love, Antwun "Speedy" Parker's Creator, Your Heavenly Father

OhU1
6/15/2011, 11:13 AM
Bravo. As if god himself wrote it. I'm touched. :)