PDA

View Full Version : Interesting....

madillsoonerfan5353
6/15/2011, 07:46 AM
Roy Finch 30/1 odds to win Heisman....

:gary:

Big 12 BlogBlogs Home College FB Nation ACC Big 12 Big East Big Ten Pac-12 SEC
Peeking at the early Heisman odds
June, 14, 2011 Jun 144:45PM ETEmail Print Comments56 By David UbbenLast week, we broke down the Big 12's Heisman chances, and left with the assumption that Landry Jones was the Big 12's best chance at bringing home the trophy.

Bodog.com released its opening odds on Tuesday, and it agrees. The website released a long list of odds, and there's plenty of Big 12 players on the list.

Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck is the favorite (disagree strongly, the No. 1 pick and the Heisman aren't selected by the same rules), but Jones is the No. 2 player on the list. Here's everyone in the Big 12 who made the list:
Oklahoma QB Landry Jones: 13/2
Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon: 15/1
Oklahoma WR Ryan Broyles: 15/1
Baylor QB Robert Griffin III: 20/1
Oklahoma RB Roy Finch: 30/1
Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden: 32/1
Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill: 60/1

If you're looking for more, we looked at two more candidates in our breakdown last week: Texas A&M WR Jeff Fuller and Missouri QB James Franklin.

Pretty reasonable odds for each player, I'd say, other than the curious selection of Finch over Weeden.

SoonerMarkVA
6/15/2011, 07:53 AM
Finch showed highlight-reel capability. The only thing he has to do is stay healthy so he can stay on the field, and continue to improve. I think it's a good dark-horse pick. He'll have a number of plays that will dazzle the national audience.

swardboy
6/15/2011, 08:49 AM
RELEASE THE FINCH!!

BoulderSooner79
6/15/2011, 10:34 AM
Not bad for a guy that gained 400 yds on a team that doesn't run particularly well.

SoonerofAlabama
6/15/2011, 11:41 AM
There have been some arguments about why Weeden isn't favored over Finch, both at orangepower and on espn, but I find it strange. Those are pretty good odds still, and we have three guys that have these great odds. I can't wait for the season to start...

PalmBeachSooner
6/15/2011, 01:04 PM
No Longhorn representation on that list? Or is it just a given that by the mere fact they play for Texas they are by default Heisman contenders?