PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Norman still alive?

SoonerHoops
6/14/2011, 09:34 PM
That storm was crazy.

olevetonahill
6/14/2011, 09:45 PM
Hope all are safe.
Looks like that carp is wantin to come my way now.:rolleyes:

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southplains.php

sooner59
6/14/2011, 10:21 PM
Somebody I knew had the windows knocked out of most of their apartment complex. Up here, it just rained and the wind blew.

SoonerHoops
6/14/2011, 10:46 PM
I was at 12th and Robinson at 7/11. Really thought the wind/hail was going to smash out my windows and flip my car. Significant damage around that area

yermom
6/14/2011, 10:50 PM
i haven't looked that closely at the rest of my car, but one of my rearview mirrors was busted out by hail. usually i'm parked in my garage :(

driving home i had to dodge a huge tree covering both southbound lanes of Porter and drove through the flooded intersection at Boyd

i saw a stop sign blown down as well. i'm not sure i've seen straight line winds that strong before. it was pretty nuts.

Turd_Ferguson
6/14/2011, 10:58 PM
It got western as hell over here in Newcastle...

Thaumaturge
6/14/2011, 11:02 PM
The wind took down most of our fence. The neighbor's trampoline took out the rest and ended up in the other neighbor's tree. (This is actually their second trampoline to knock down part of our fence this year.)

SoonerStormchaser
6/14/2011, 11:06 PM
It's now 8 am where I'm at and I got woken up 2 hours ago by teh hawt wife informing me that we just earned a new roof, gutters, and fencing...oh, and my rhubarb in the garden is destroyed.

Soonerus
6/14/2011, 11:25 PM
Lost a big tree onto roof, wish I knew how to post a picture....

olevetonahill
6/14/2011, 11:28 PM
Carp is just west of me, looks like a baby Storm compared to what we had here a month ago.

olevetonahill
6/14/2011, 11:28 PM

Hope Every thing is good Rus.

SoonerofAlabama
6/14/2011, 11:30 PM

Go to imageshack.us and if it is on your pictures, then just click browse and then click the picture.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/14/2011, 11:34 PM
I was at 12th and Robinson at 7/11. Really thought the wind/hail was going to smash out my windows and flip my car. Significant damage around that area

Same area as you, We were at the baseball/softball fields across the street.
Ran to the car, every parent in Norman trying to exit at the same time...Then it hit, Pushed the kids on the floor of the vehicle and just waited it out. I truly believed at the time We were in a tornado! :eek:

allanace16
6/14/2011, 11:45 PM
Same area as you, We were at the baseball/softball fields across the street.
Ran to the car, every parent in Norman trying to exit at the same time...Then it hit, Pushed the kids on the floor of the vehicle and just waited it out. I truly believed at the time We were in a tornado! :eek:

Supposedly some guy was coming from those fields and got on News 9 claiming he saw a tornado touch down. I know over here by me (SE of 12th and Lindsey) that all the wooden fences blew down, trees took a lot of damage too. Nothing compared to what it looks like after you cross Lindsey going north on 12th though. That area looks horrible.

oulucas
6/14/2011, 11:53 PM

I was there also, in the Griffin parking lot with a bunch of other baseball parents. Took us 45 minutes using back streets to get home on the west side. Pretty bad sight at that spot with huge utility poles snapped and collapsed on cars on 12th. One vehicle even had people still in it with power lines down around it. Scary stuff. Driving around that neighborhood it looked like a tornado had blown through. Roofs damaged, signs twisted and broken, etc. I just hope all the families who had been playing ball got out of the safely.

FirstAndGoalOU
6/15/2011, 12:28 AM
I was there also, in the Griffin parking lot with a bunch of other baseball parents. Took us 45 minutes using back streets to get home on the west side. Pretty bad sight at that spot with huge utility poles snapped and collapsed on cars on 12th. One vehicle even had people still in it with power lines down around it. Scary stuff. Driving around that neighborhood it looked like a tornado had blown through. Roofs damaged, signs twisted and broken, etc. I just hope all the families who had been playing ball got out of the safely.
You and me both, do not even ponder the thought of what would have happened to all of us, If it had been a direct hit! I've been close to one in the past and can tell you...I thought at the time, This was very similar! Calm bubbling skies, wind starting to pick up, Then, very Heavy wind and rain, the non stop hail, rocking of the car. And seeing utility poles snapping.. And wondering if this was really IT, Exiting...Same as you, making our way thru random neighborhoods flooded areas, downed lines, damage thru out. Made it home, and of course no elect.

hawaii 5-0
6/15/2011, 01:49 AM
Take care everyone.

5-0

Trump/ Herman 2012

Ctina
6/15/2011, 02:34 AM
I was at Hollywood movie theater on Robinson and heard the wind. I came out at 10:30 and half the town was messed up. I can't leave you people alone for a minute!

SoonerBorn
6/15/2011, 07:36 AM
My neighbor has a section of fence on his roof. Not his fence, not really sure where it came from. Most of my fence is down or damaged, one window is cracked, and I have some minor roof damage. Several others in my neighborhood at Tecumseh and Porter had fairly significant roof damage. That was crazy.

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2011, 07:40 AM
jk3 bought a new car this weekend and took it up to OKC - and now has hail damage - his policy was 2 days old

:(

Taxman71
6/15/2011, 08:23 AM

Glad our makeup game was Monday night instead of last night. On the west side, we got tree limbs and some wood shingles damaged, but nothing too serious. My neighbor has to rebuild his fence for the third time in 2 years.

Lott's Bandana
6/15/2011, 08:54 AM
I live right in the worst hit area. This was not a tornado. This is a micro-burst with straight line winds of close to 100mph. I stood in my driveway and saw this beautiful circular mushroom cloud forming, with the rain/hail as the center. When it was about to hit, the hail cloud was brilliant white in the sun and looked like a blizzard rolling towards me. That's when I got the Xterra in the garage.

There was no rain, no wind...until the wall of hail hit. Never seen anything like it.

Here is 2.5 minutes after I got my car in the garage:

EFMFdGrmIlY

jk the sooner fan
6/15/2011, 09:03 AM
I live right in the worst hit area. This was not a tornado. This is a micro-burst with straight line winds of close to 100mph. I stood in my driveway and saw this beautiful circular mushroom cloud forming, with the rain/hail as the center. When it was about to hit, the hail cloud was brilliant white in the sun and looked like a blizzard rolling towards me. That's when I got the Xterra in the garage.

There was no rain, no wind...until the wall of hail hit. Never seen anything like it.

EFMFdGrmIlY

wow

OhU1
6/15/2011, 09:05 AM

Same cell (or related system) moved through Elgin (80 miles SW of Norman) prior to Norman. I knew a stom was approaching and sat on my covered back porch to read a book and enjoy the rain. Little spinkling and some lightening but not much else for 20 minutes.

I went inside and got on the computer for 5 minutes when I heard a loud dragging noise on my porch. It sounded like someone was dragging away the louge chair I was just sitting in. I opened the door and got hit with a huge burst of wind, rain, and hail flying sideways. It was pretty awesome, I was afraid the hail stones were going to grow to golf ball size but luckily that didn't occur. :gary:

waynepayne
6/15/2011, 09:54 AM

EFMFdGrmIlY

THis is exactly what it looked like from my front door. I live near Robinson and Peters and the area looks like a war zone this morning.

soonersweetie
6/15/2011, 12:37 PM
wow

Wow, that was crazy! It's amazing that little tree in front there held up through it all.

Glad you were safe!

cantwait48
6/15/2011, 12:46 PM
I take it the trash can had something heavy in it

Thaumaturge
6/15/2011, 01:23 PM
It's a mailbox.

Sooner98
6/15/2011, 06:31 PM

EFMFdGrmIlY

Just saw Lott's video on Channel 5 News. Show-off.
;)

StoopTroup
6/15/2011, 06:37 PM
Do you need a license to film that? :D ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
6/15/2011, 08:17 PM
All you had to do was go to Riverwind...that place never gets hit ;)

Sooner_Tuf
6/16/2011, 03:03 AM
jk3 bought a new car this weekend and took it up to OKC - and now has hail damage - his policy was 2 days old

:(

That sucks, about twenty years ago I thought god was trying to tell me I couldn't have nice things. I bought a new pickup that got beat up when it was two weeks old. I looked at those dents for about five years before trading it off for a new one. Which promptly got beat up even worse than the one before.

Doubley sucks for a youngster with a new vehicle.

Lott's Bandana
6/16/2011, 07:50 AM
Just saw Lott's video on Channel 5 News. Show-off.
;)

Seriously? Is that that the station that used to have HoHo the Clown?